[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, NRGchick said:

So far the script has been tight and something significant happens every episode. Thank goodness that they also resolve the issues at the end. 

E.g. when Sam Nom was taken away by the Qing envoy, saved by the end of the episode; when the CP was in conflict over his feelings for Sam Nom - ended with him kissing Sam Nom; when CP found out her identity and ended with a vow of treating her as the most precious woman; when Sam Nom attempted to avoid the CP - ended with the sign language of love and Ra On taking the first step as a woman towards CP....the separation that may have been days or weeks in drama land (shades of W) - but reunited by the next episode. 

So I trust the scriptwriter to not leave any loose ends by the time we say goodbye to CP and RO. 

If I were to hazard a guess (my guess! and with the tidbits from the novel) - CP will fake his death (after marrying HY) ensuring that there is someone capable on the throne (maybe not HY per se but her father seems decent enough) and by death, the CPrincess is still accorded the respect of the court. Of course he can only do so after he ensures that the corrupt ministers are taken care of. 

The other person I would feel very bad for would be Eunuch Jang who is so utterly devoted to the CP. Maybe he can leave the palace with the CP and take care of all of CP and RO's babies....haha.

Oh gosh. This would be quite the perfect ending! 

Eunuch Jang would so LOVE to take care of CP and RO's babies! I can already imagine him as a nanny! LOL.

May CP and RP make many babies for Eunuch Jang to take care of! :lol:

Jokes aside, I completely agree that the writing for this drama is to be commended. I love that issues aren't left to linger for too long and are usually resolved by the end of the episode. I lose some patience with and good impression of a drama series when it just dragssss and you are like shouting at the TV, telling the character to stop being a wuss and start being proactive! 

• Like 18

Just now, Michelle Tang said:

we will know by tomorrow 4pm whether our CP win the award or not. Let's pray.

And yes i wish both Bo Gum and Yoo Jung will win the award in the same ceremony which is KBS Drama award during year end. I know DOTS is too strong but i think both of them deserve at least best couple award and excellence award. 

@Michelle Tang yeah ... tomorrow we will know the result ... i am nervous already now since i really really want to see him win this award  .... :P coz i love his acting as CP so muchhhhh .... 

***** Pray hard for him and yoojung to win many award for their excellent acting as CP n Raon ***** :blush:

• Like 19

8 hours ago, Bambiina said:

Thank you for this answer. Sorry I still do not know how to use the quote function very good.

Your answer illuminated an aspect that I haven't thought of, namely how the encounter with HY looks to CP. Jillia also said that I do not think at all about the CP situation. Your response made it clear to me what exactly I was missing and you (and Jillia) take as important.

I agree with you that CP might think the way you so nicely put it. There are two aspects in CP's reaction to HY: on the one hand, CP is upset with the departure of RO; on the other hand, he might be already annoyed with HY's small destiny acts (they were funny the first time around, but now they are just annoying and troublesome).

I am guilty of overlooking the second aspect, partially because I find it sad that her character is mostly described by her stupid crush on the prince, partially because I was thinking that she has a crush, but the way she explained her coming to see him was pretty convincing (with the crush being the main motivation or not). but indeed I can see how the prince, because of their past encounters, has enough of her, this especially now, after RO's departure.

Given this, in the end my argument for the prince being rude rests on shaky grounds. I admit.  :)

Still, and here maybe is just my stubbornness typing, I find his remark about her quarters insensitive. (although humanely, he has reasons to be upset) I also find his passing her and not greeting her rude because I thought, as HY did, that he needs to have better control over his emotions, although humanely he has reasons to be upset.  

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

No it's not a sequel but it's another romance novel by the same writer Yoon Yi-Soo. :) Which is available in a box set of five volumes.

It's called "해시의 신루" - 해시 (haesi) meaning the time of the day from 9 to 11pm and 신루 (sinnyu) meaning mirage. So it can be translated as "Midnight mirage".

The story is about the love story between Crown Prince Lee Hyang, later known as King Munjong, and a woman who can see the future. Her name is Hae Ru. It's set during the reign of the famous King Sejong, who is Lee Hyang's father, and therefore the plot also surrounds the scientific developments during that time. Hence why the article says the story is set in the "Joseon's Renaissance".

The article also draws a comparison between the genius Lee Hyang and Hae Ru and the couple in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, Lee Yeong and Ra On. :)

I actually wish that English translations of these novels exist. I would love to read MDBC and also this series of novels you have just mentioned! I don't think there is any chance for these novels to be translated by fans because it would almost be too huge a commitment that takes much effort and time.

So, I think all the more reason for me to start learning Korean again! :glasses:

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, Jillia said:
10 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

There has been a brewing discussion about Ha Yeon and I'll take a dip as well.  My feelings for HY are still bordering on okayish, no irritation or anything like that.  I really like that she's straighforward in making the deal, but I kinda wish she'd walk the talk.  She proposed a business deal and both have laid the ground rules, he was clear on where his feelings lay.....now and in the future, hence she knows where she stand, but then she'd have those expressions of hope infront of him, kinda underhandedly guilt-tripping him.   

I first thought that CP and HY would mirror that of RO and YS, but its totally different.  In both situation, it was straightforward and all 4 know that someone is occupying the other person's heart.  But in the case of Ra On and YS,  there's more unselfish caring.  In that conversation, Ra On used everything she has to let YS know the gravity of the situation.  She started with anger, truth, guilt, gratitude and pain.  And YS is walking the talk when he said, "No expectations".  

-- DITTO -- :wub:

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, tzupi said:

Thank you for this answer. Sorry I still do not know how to use the quote function very good.

Your answer illuminated an aspect that I haven't thought of, namely how the encounter with HY looks to CP. Jillia also said that I do not think at all about the CP situation. Your response made it clear to me what exactly I was missing and you (and Jillia) take as important.

I agree with you that CP might think the way you so nicely put it. There are two aspects in CP's reaction to HY: on the one hand, CP is upset with the departure of RO; on the other hand, he might be already annoyed with HY's small destiny acts (they were funny the first time around, but now they are just annoying and troublesome).

I am guilty of overlooking the second aspect, partially because I find it sad that her character is mostly described by her stupid crush on the prince, partially because I was thinking that she has a crush, but the way she explained her coming to see him was pretty convincing (with the crush being the main motivation or not). but indeed I can see how the prince, because of their past encounters, has enough of her, this especially now, after RO's departure.

Given this, in the end my argument for the prince being rude rests on shaky grounds. I admit.  :)

Still, and here maybe is just my stubbornness typing, I find his remark about her quarters insensitive. (although humanely, he has reasons to be upset) I also find his passing her and not greeting her rude because I thought, as HY did, that he needs to have better control over his emotions, although humanely he has reasons to be upset.  

I don't think he actually saw her passed him by, not that he wanted to be rude or anything. He was just too much in his bubble

• Like 15

28 minutes ago, Jillia said:

No it's not a sequel but it's another romance novel by the same writer Yoon Yi-Soo. :) Which is available in a box set of five volumes.

It's called "해시의 신루" - 해시 (haesi) meaning the time of the day from 9 to 11pm and 신루 (sinnyu) meaning mirage. So it can be translated as "Midnight mirage".

The story is about the love story between Crown Prince Lee Hyang, later known as King Munjong, and a woman who can see the future. Her name is Hae Ru. It's set during the reign of the famous King Sejong, who is Lee Hyang's father, and therefore the plot also surrounds the scientific developments during that time. Hence why the article says the story is set in the "Joseon's Renaissance".

The article also draws a comparison between the genius Lee Hyang and Hae Ru and the couple in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, Lee Yeong and Ra On. :)

wow this sounds very interesting! i think it's a good material for a drama adaption :blush:

• Like 12