Broadcast Date: May 30, 2016

Cast:

David Wang

Maggie Jiang

Sun HongLei

Che Xiao

Zhang YiXing (Lay from EXO)

Synopsis:

Lu Yuan (SUN HONGLEI) worked hard in America to become a Michelin 3-starred chef. To many, he is the Devil incarnate, reckless and wanton. But when it comes to the person he loves, he is an entirely different "good man," loyal, kind, and honest. After a nightmarish car accident takes away his friend, he returns home with his remains. There, he runs into the person he most doesn't want to see, and becomes entangled with his ex, Gan Jing (CHE XIAO), their old classmate, Jiang Haokun (DAVID WANG), and Haokun's younger sister, Jiang Lai (MAGGIE JIANG).

Watch it here with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Zhānglěi - Journey

Céng dì - Well

Parhat Halik - Forget Her

Additional Links:

To Be a Better Man 好先生 Viki English Subbed Episodes

To Be a Better Man 好先生 Raw Episodes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone ni hao :)

Just found this drama and started Ep1 because I saw Lay :). Anyway I'm now on Ep2 and I like the drama so far.

Will continue to watch. The male lead, Lu Yuan, is not a good looker but I'm hooked so far because of his acting. :)

• 1 month later...

I am on episode 6 on Drama Fever, which is the furthest I can find subbed in my language. I beg to differ, the main is definitely a looker. I love the entire dynamic of this drama. I am a Kdrama watcher from way back when and have only seen a couple other asian dramas. This one really has me. I have spent the bigger part of my morning engulfed in this drama. Wonderful OST and wonderful casting. Plus, I cant get enough of Mandarin. It sounds so pretty. <3

This drama is interesting, but I have to admit that the flashback are just too much.  Also, I don't know which woman he will end up with, but neither one of them are impressing me at the moment, as of episode 7.  The ex-girlfriend who supposedly still love him, but is now dating and sleeping with his "friend". The same girl who he proposed marriage and was living with in the U.S. but they were NOT sleeping together. However, during the 3 years he was missing (I think it was only 3 years), she's now dating and sleeping with his him--but is not 'in love with' the friend?  Not sure why she wouldn't accept the proposal of the friend, what is she waiting on? Sadly, Lu Yuan loved this woman so much that he became an alcoholic during the 3 years. 

Then the friend's sister is another piece of work. The man she loves died and she wants to commit suicide. As an act of rebellion against her brother, she now sleeps around with men who she doesn't even know their names. So unappealing and disgusting. She has turned herself basically into a garden tool. With her self destructive personality and Lu Yuan's self destructive personality, I don't think these two need to be together. I hope the writer develops them a lot more if they are to be the end game. However, nor do I think Lu Yuan needs to be with the woman who gave her body to his friend....let those tow have each other.

@Stacy Bouvy, as for me, the main male lead looks borderline okay. He looks like someone who has lived a rough life. I think the friend looks better.

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] To Be a Better Man 好先生

Archived