[Drama 2016] 38 Task Force (Squad 38) / 38사기동대 / Special eps (8/12) @11 PM KST (OCN)

Guest phi3nk

On 5/10/2016 at 2:50 PM, aesna said:

Seo In Guk in "Squad 38" BTS

Damn SIG looks good always.. wearing suit!.. always! thankd for the pics.

And we're waiting for this OCN drama crime com! SIG MDS SY! OCN drama is thumbs up... well, 'cept I'm not fond of vampire dramas though.. ha ha

@phi3nk thanks for the updates! <3 we're waiting. .

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest phi3nk

Yayayyyyyy.... new teaser come out. Sooyoung finally appear as tax officer. 

I must prepare for the chemistry between these three. They're so hilarious together. I can imagine SIG and Sooyoung will bantering each other. And the three of them will make a great team to catch bad guys. 

10 hours ago, phi3nk said:

Yayayyyyyy.... new teaser come out. Sooyoung finally appear as tax officer. 

I must prepare for the chemistry between these three. They're so hilarious together. I can imagine SIG and Sooyoung will bantering each other. And the three of them will make a great team to catch bad guys. 

FINALLYYYYYYY :D.

This is the best news ever especially because I finished my finals today, haha :D

Thanks for all those updates though ! Sorry for being so impatient about the lack of Sooyoung's news :P.

The three of us look so goood together. I can feel the chemistry O.O

Guest phi3nk

haha... @asiiatdu82 are we always impatient whenever we talk about our own bias? No problem, chingu. It's understandable. And i feel youuu.... yeah, I like Sooyoung's expression when she got wink from In Guk. Precious!

Another update. These photos been circulated since a few days ago.

Follow 38 Task Force official IG account https://www.instagram.com/38policesquad/

Hi, I just want to check myself in :D I am waiting eagerly for this drama. I always love police drama, and here hoping it would turn out great. Seo In Guk is all I could ask for, I really like his performance in his prev drama. Can't wait for june :D

Guest phi3nk

Almost Time To Get Our Cop Drama On!

p38unit

Police Unit 38, a drama which I’m embarrassed to reveal I’d actually completely forgotten about, is almost here! Well, almost if you consider mid June right around the corner—which, I do so Yay! It’s almost here. Time for us to get our highly stylized, darkly quirky, police show on. Are you ready?

No? Well, how about if I mention Seo In Guk is in it? Does that make you a little more excited about a police drama? Yes? Yeah, that’s what I thought. 

Since it’s coming from the team that did Vampire Prosecutor (which, despite several attempts, I never finished) and Bad Guys (which I almost loved) you know that Police Unit 38 is going to be at least an interesting time. Add into the mix that it’s going to be part White Collar? You know, ultimate con artist gets sprung from jail on the condition that he use his particular set of talents to con tax evaders out of their ill kept gains? Which also kind of sounds like Bad Guys, ultimate bad guys get sprung from jail on the condition that they use their particular sets of talents to beat the crap out of other bad guys in an attempt to solve crimes?

Good thing I’m a sucker for that sort of plot.

Kind of funny to see the guy who played the mobster in Bad Guys playing a harried cop here. I want to say to those people attacking him—watch out! Don’t poke the bear! He WILL murder you.

Seo In Guk plays our con artist in the drama, and as I can see the shmarmy-ness in him, so I guess it’s a good fit. I look forward to 12-16 episodes of him looking all smug. Or at least 8 episodes until the inevitable overarching plot comes in where he’s outwitted until the end when he ultimately succeeds. (Come on, we all know how these OCN shows go. Not that I don’t love a lot of them but there is a bit of a formula there. Just like how I know, he’ll get his smug back at at the end but they’ll leave it open for the inevitable ‘will there be a second season’ fan-bait.)

I’m going to go ahead and put this show on my can’t wait to watch list. The list currently is sadly small and can use a little bolstering. How about you? You going to watch?

cr : 

http://www.kchatjjigae.com/2016/05/15/almost-time-to-get-our-cop-drama-on/

Sexy SIG can investigate my ITR any time!!!  love it! Ha ha ha :lol::wub:

Repeat. Repost. Reshare. Drool.

OMG!!!! I cant't even!  How can a con man be be damn sexy! I love that we're gonna see SIG in suits! Whew! that's the icing on the cake. The drama is kinda like "White Collar" Waiting  for this drama! Love OCN!

ChciTDdU0AEr6A6.jpg
ChciTDcUoAAZoGB.jpg

Cr:as tagged

Sooyoung talked about her role in 38 Police Squad in the magazine Grazia where she was the cover girl for this month :

During the corresponding interview, Sooyoung opens up about her role as a tax assessor in upcoming OCN drama “38 Police Squad” (working title).

She describes her character as “extremely ethical, logical, and rational.”

“She’s young in age, a girl, and looks weak but says all she wants when dealing with people who are delinquent on high amounts of taxes,” Sooyoung continues. “But that doesn’t mean she’s a tomboy or stubborn character. She just does it because it’s her job.”

Sooyoung explains why she is looking forward to her new role, “The role appeals to me because she’s different from any character I’ve played thus far. She’s just the typical salarywoman that we see around us.”

Credit to soompi !

Guest phi3nk

Insta update....

SNSD Yuri come to support her beestie :grin:

MDS : Focus.... Focus.... Your eyes must focus!!! 

SIG.. From being the  the  the smart criminal profiler in I Remember You.. to becoming the smart con man  Tax Collector.  my loves!

June 18. OCN.  38 TASK FORCE: Title: 38 Task Force Also Known as: Police Unit 38 / 38 Revenue Collection Unit / Squad 38 /

Repost.  jongski waiting for this this tax man!:wub:

CjEb1OUUgAEvcn-.jpg

credit: as tagged/ onpic

Guest phi3nk

It's official !!!!

Finally they release some posters today.

20343600_99_20160523120504.JPG?type=w540

1463966971254_99_20160523103305.jpg?type

And they're also introducing characters in the article (How I wish i understand Korean. Wish that there will be English article or someone would translate it).

Spoiler

22549417_99_20160523120504.JPG?type=w540

59314248_99_20160523120504.JPG?type=w540

15951917_99_20160523120504.JPG?type=w540

23457724_99_20160523120504.JPG?type=w540

15269543_99_20160523120504.JPG?type=w540

12338594_99_20160523120504.JPG?type=w540

75155138_99_20160523120504.JPG?type=w540

Guest phi3nk

Police Unit 38's Band of Tax-Collecting Outlaws 

You know, now that I see the whole cast assembled for OCN’s crime comedy Police Unit 38, I like the idea even more. It’s basically a heist movie that mated with a cop procedural drama: A ragtag band of thieves and con artists join forces with civil servants in order to con the wealthy out of their unpaid taxes. Thieves to catch thieves. Coming from the writer of Bad Guys (which was about a group of killers sent to track down killers), it seems to follow the same line of logic.

The new Saturday-Sunday series definitely has a leg up in tone, because the witty comedic vibe sets it apart from the usual gritty crime fare on OCN. Ma Dong-seok(Bad Guys) plays the hapless, sincere team leader of a special unit devoted to collecting outstanding taxes, and Sooyoung (My Spring Days) is his straight-laced rule-follower teammate.

More at Dramabeans

" The new Saturday-Sunday series definitely has a leg up in tone, because the witty comedic vibe sets it apart from the usual gritty crime fare on OCN. " (Cr: DB)

Yes please. I've been waiting.  Gukkie! in a suit again..as a con man tax collector <3

Photo published for 38 Task Force – zwiastun

cr:as tagged

On 28/3/2016 at 10:06 PM, asiiatdu82 said:

Oh and I see that there are a lot of Seo In Guk's fans and I wonder if a lot of you watched Bad Guys ? I always felt that the drama was so underrated with I-fans whereas it is freakin amazing. I totally recommand it. Plus, after watching it, you will know why you can trust the directing and writing them for the drama :D.

I loved Bad Guys and Ma Dong Suk! And I also like Seo In Guk very much haha

I was looking forward to this drama but I'm totally hyped now !! Thanks for all the updates and pictures.

Archived