[Drama 2016] 38 Task Force (Squad 38) / 38사기동대 / Special eps (8/12) @11 PM KST (OCN)

Guest phi3nk

Guest asmaraseo

38 Parts Potential Awesome!

Posted by Stephanie on January 19, 2016

General

sooinguksooyoung

So remember a while back when I was bemoaning my mind trickery that was the new OCN drama written by the Bad Guys and Vampire Prosecutor team? Remember when we (okay, me) was all “What? You mean this isn’t the coolest crossover drama ever?” then we stormed out of the room thinking of all the hotness that would be the psycho killer, mobster, contract killer and vampire was wasted on what was instead a new drama on tax fraud?

Yeah. I do, too. 

We should have put more trust into the team over there at OCN, shouldn’t we? (And again, by we, it’s probably just me, right?) New information on the drama just came out and made me go, heck yeah!

No, it’s not the possible casting of Seo In Guk that has me excited. While I like him, I’ve never quite forgiven him for being in association with the hate mail I got over the Ultimate Khottie battle last year. Sorry, Seo In Guk, I know it’s not you in particular, but that’s just how it goes sometimes. You get followed by mean crazy, and the smell will stick.

Nor is it the possible casting of Sooyoung that has made me give the show a good ‘hello there’, although, while I had issues with the drama, I found her delightful in Spring Days of My Life and still hold that she is the Korean Mandy Moore.

Sooyoung

(Right? Now that I said it you totally agree?) While she is an idol, she is a fairly decent actress with a pretty good range of emotion.

Nope. None of those things.

While yes, the premise is about tax fraud, think more White Collar than H&RBlock. Come on, how much fun was White Collar?

(Although granted I only watched the first season, but that was all me, not the fault of the drama itself.) Slick attitude-y  con man sprung from jail to catch those rich jerks who, in other dramas, are usually above the law in fast paced con man-y ways? There is a very good chance that this drama is going to be one big caper movie?

Now that has me excited.

As Police Unit 38 is being preproduced and isn’t slated for air until May, and, you know, haven’t officially cast anyone yet, I’m sure lots of things can happen to tip the drama to one side or the other. Heck, they could lose Sooyoung and sign on the show ruiner from Bridal Mask, Doctor Stranger, and any other show she was on. That would certainly turn my “Heck yeah, why isn’t this show on tomorrow?”

from kchatjjigae

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest phi3nk

since this is pre-produced, i think we might get a little progress about the drama filming now. They will promoting may be weeks before it's airing. And with current Seo In Guk activities, for his new single coming out and his new web drama, idk when the first shooting will begun.

Ughhh... they should pay the long wait with the great quality. I don't have high expectation this would be as great as signal, but at least it'll entertaining. Let's hope.

@asmaraseo Thank you for the articles. Happy you could join us here. Love yaaaa... haha... 

Guest dramacf
On 3/4/2016 at 9:28 AM, jongski said:

Post deserves a quote. I agree. And what I like about this upcoming drama... positive comments and good vibes and no controversies and all that. And the fact that SIG is a good actor.. he's just simple normal guy. Nothing loud or in your face. I love. :):wub:

15+ alpha for your posts/quotes! Happy to see you here in this thread chinggus! Can't wait to spazz with the rest of you!

9 hours ago, kdramafan43v3r said:

15+ alpha for your posts/quotes! Happy to see you here in this thread chinggus! Can't wait to spazz with the rest of you!

@kdramafan43v3r  nice you're here. woohooo! now I know we'll get lots more updates.

On 3/8/2016 at 0:32 PM, phi3nk said:

Ughhh... they should pay the long wait with the great quality. I don't have high expectation this would be as great as signal, but at least it'll entertaining. Let's hope.

@phi3nk Signal is of different level.. it's way up there.. remember when we were anticipating Signal so much  we're like what's happening where's teaser updates and all that. yeah that drama is just wow! :wub:

This is crime-com on the lighter side kinda white collar take, if you've seen the show.. as what most articles about this up coming drama pointing out. Lets enjoy this. It;s nice to be able to watch a drama that is light yet smart and fun and this could be that drama. The one I highlight. Even when a drama is light and does not require high intense emotion this still can have good quality wiith acting, writing and directing.  Lets cheer this! :)

If you go to daum's site, they stated that it is scheduled to be a 16 episode drama.

And they have added two more actors:

Kim Byung Choon

Spoiler

He acted in Masked Prosecutor, City Hunter..

the funny thing is, he worked with Sooyoung before in Unstoppable Marriage (2007). 

m5DeW04.jpg

Daum stated Jo Woo Jin as well - he's in Secret Door, Medical Top Team, Empress Ki... 

Spoiler

Sooyoung seems like she's still in Italy and Seo In Guk seems so busy with his music release. Let's hope for the best~! I can't wait for more updates from them!

On 3/4/2016 at 6:55 PM, bebebisous33 said:

I am also curious to watch this. I loved all the dramas where Seo I.G. worked. He is a really good actor. The other reason is the writer from Bad Guys!

Don't you think that @liddi, @NRGchick, @kyunii88 will be interested in this one as well? 

Gonna be around for this drama for it premiers, i'm craving new drama after signal ended.

Thank you for heads up bebe unni^^

Because sometimes.. drama need not be so technical and full of tears and emotions.  Just have to have good entertaining one ( of course with good script and good acting) where you can enjoy good laugh a nice action scenes. Yeah the key word there is good.  He he.

Seo In Guk for Police Unit 38..soon..like May?

I'm not sure what are these photos for but his role in the upcoming drama is a con artist catching rich tax evaders and fraud. White Collar in our mind  :)

CdksQrKVIAAoT2_.jpg

CdksQfkUYAEDvxJ.jpg

Credit naver/dndznrl

Guest phi3nk

Yayyy... so happy with the news of script reading... 

sooyoung%2Bma%2Bdongseok.jpg

full anticipate for the bromance between In Guk and Ma Dong Seok. :D

@jongski Those photos in your post above are SIG's CF for man clothing brand. Ikr it suit better for his new character as con artist. I haven't seen White Collar yet, is it good?

14 hours ago, phi3nk said:

@jongski Those photos in your post above are SIG's CF for man clothing brand. Ikr it suit better for his new character as con artist. I haven't seen White Collar yet, is it good?

Yeah, watch the past seasons of White Collar.. sly smarty conman  trying to catch other criminals  Stars Matt Bomer.:D SIG in suits... nice!  Well he can also do a k version of  that drama Suits. Ha ha

So I guess he's gonna be the  Matt Bomer of 38 Police Unit. Ayayay!:wub::D. June I'm waiting!

Cd6sRGqW4AA5wD-.jpg

cr:as tagged via jeon vieon

On 3/5/2016 at 1:20 PM, asmaraseo said:

@40somethingahjumma, hi there, I remember you from The King's Face thread, so happy to see you here, hope this is much better in writing than King's Face hehe

That wouldn't be hard. :P (Although The King's Face did start off decently enough) Good to see you again although TKF feels like a lifetime ago.

Generally OCN dramas are pretty good partly because they've got some really good writers doing the grunt work. If this is the writer of Bad Guys we're talking about, then we're definitely in for a treat.

Oh My Gosh, I am soooo excited, it is unreal :D

I am seriously proud that Sooyoung got to work with such an amazing team. I loved Bad Guys so much so here I am hoping some cameos, haha.

No but seriously, there are a lot of pressure but I will keep praying for it to be sucessful in ratings and quality because the latter is really important, huh ?!

Thanks  lot for all those news ! I hope to spend a great time with all of you !

38 Police Squad, Fighting !

Yeah 38 Police Squad aka 38 Task Force.  SIG MDS SY. June. OCN.

Can aka also The Con Man.. well that one coming from me. :D

Because he doesn't really care about being popular. He just does his job

Plus... he always dress so nice and neat and apt nothing too loud.. I guess it comes with age too. :)

Bit mundane kinda thoughts there but he just looks good in suits and blazers.

CeYGaudUEAADKON.jpg

CeYHUg6UkAAjz8m.jpg

I dunno what photos are these for but credit to the owners via twtr.

Guest phi3nk

@quockhanh45 i think this is half pre produced drama. Just like signal, citt,, or other cable dramas. They were still shooting couple of episodes when it's first broadcasted. 

seems they already filming this weekend. They shot in the prison area. In Guk as the prisoner? haha... just curious what will he look alike?

viewimage.php?id=3eb4d7&no=29bcc427b3847

cr : DC. 

6 hours ago, phi3nk said:

@quockhanh45 i think this is half pre produced drama. Just like signal, citt,, or other cable dramas. They were still shooting couple of episodes when it's first broadcasted. 

seems they already filming this weekend. They shot in the prison area. In Guk as the prisoner? haha... just curious what will he look alike?

cr : DC. 

It is like the beginning of Bad Guys when they set free the killers, so it is pretty logical they do the same thing. I gotta say tho that I didnt think he was going to be in prison but y'know, caught him and threatened to help them otherwise he will go to prison. I guess he must really be great for them to need him that badly.

Does anyone have more news about the squad ? Because I keep getting confused about it. I get that there is our trio but in other news, it says there are police officers too and so far, we only got two civil servants and one con artist. I guess the team is bigger ?

Oh and I see that there are a lot of Seo In Guk's fans and I wonder if a lot of you watched Bad Guys ? I always felt that the drama was so underrated with I-fans whereas it is freakin amazing. I totally recommand it. Plus, after watching it, you will know why you can trust the directing and writing them for the drama :D.

Archived