Park Hae Jin/Yoo Jung Support Thread

This thread is for anyone who would like to contribute to an eBook in support of a great actor Park Hae Jin for his role in Cheese in the Trap.

Cheese in the Trap began well and was fast becoming one of the better K dramas around but due to post-production decisions, many scenes concerned with the main character were cut out or re-shot with another actor. This was especially noticeable in the last few episodes, where PHJ/Yoo Jung's recent appearances in the show were diminished to a mere 9 minutes.

PHJ has come forward and spoken frankly about his dissatisfaction with post-filming changes and appears to be rather grieved by how the character that he felt so responsible for has been dudded.

In light of recent events, we would like to offer up our support to PHJ for his stellar efforts in portraying such an intriguing, multidimensional character despite the fact that he and his character were not given the proper treatment they deserved. I, for one appreciate PHJ's love of the character and desire to maintain the integrity of the character even now.

While I am not especially artistic, I am starting this thread to get the ball rolling for fans to chat and make their contributions here. Anyone who would like to send a personal message to PHJ here can do so. 

Let's make this a celebratory gift for PHJ... keep it positive rather than dwell on the negatives.

Deadline: 12 March

Deadline for messages: 6 March

Elements of the Photobook

Cover -- @mgicc

Compiling the pages -- @sashalove and ???

Compiling signatures --

Messages -- @bjvipb2uty

Translator --

Yoo Jung collage -- @Gloom 

Memes -- @NRGchick, @Ahpheng, @40somethingahjumma

Contacting the company -- @chocolatepie

Fanvids --

Character analysis -- @bebebisous33 and @MrsSoJiSub

Steps to upload your signatures:

1. Take a photo of your signature or you can do it using Paint/Photoshop

2. Save it as a png

3. PM me or upload at google drive.i have give the link at the previous post in the thread.

4. Dateline for signature is 9 march 2016. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My ideas on what that we can include in the e-book:

1. Compile all YJ x HS c-strips by @Ahpheng or maybe ahpheng can create c-strips solely for PHJ..hehe

2. Compile all wishes from Yoo Jung / PHJ supporters from CITT thread or instagram..this perhaps we can collect as many as we could..we could get a help from pigpig2016 or annamorosan & ahpheng or cheese.in.the.trap ig..

3. Compile all YJ's pics from the drama 

Any other idea? :)

Someone has said that we should have a deadline for this and it's a good idea. I propose we give everyone two weeks. If no one else volunteers I will put it together... but that's not written in stone. Anyone else can put their hand up for it. I would be ecstatic if someone would! 

I propose 12 March. Then I or anyone else can work on it during my Easter break.

@MyNameIsM -- Can I make you responsible for tracking down a way of contacting PHJ's agency?

@fidda868 -- Can we keep it to just Soompi posters first? It needs to be manageable.

@40somethingahjumma thanks for creating this thread and suggesting this ebook. 

I am in. Let me know how I can help. 

You can use  my c-strips as well but do bear in mind I have created nearly 100 strips for cheese, someone please help me to pick which is more appropriate for this e-book. Thank you. 

TeamPHJ Fighting ! 

@Ahpheng ... would you have the skills to put together an e-book? Or do you have the software to do so?

I really liked the comic strip that you did about getting on the truck and the number of girls whose tears would fill the Han River. I'm happy for anyone else to suggest others. But that's the one I particularly enjoyed.

47 minutes ago, bjvipb2uty said:

I'm definitely in! I'm not too talented but I hope I can help in one way or another. :)

Also someone on the CITT thread mentioned adding @qwenli's petition. Seems like a good idea too! 

Can we use your music video, the short one that you made? I think it was you. We can put that into the e-book.

I'd like people to also write messages to PHJ, thanking him for his efforts and how much you enjoyed his performance. Tell him what your favourite scene was. Tell him where you're from etc.

Maybe someone can make a nice collage of Yoo Jung.

13 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Can we use your music video, the short one that you made? I think it was you. We can put that into the e-book.

I'd like people to also write messages to PHJ, thanking him for his efforts and how much you enjoyed his performance. Tell him what your favourite scene was. Tell him where you're from etc.

The 'Shattered' one? You flatter me lol. Sure though!

Does anyone know if YJ understands English? Maybe we could write individual messages in English and then have one collective one in Korean. We'd have to find someone to translate it but maybe someone in the thread would do us the favor.

33 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@Ahpheng ... would you have the skills to put together an e-book? Or do you have the software to do so?

I really liked the comic strip that you did about getting on the truck and the number of girls whose tears would fill the Han River. I'm happy for anyone else to suggest others. But that's the one I particularly enjoyed.

@40somethingahjumma oh no, i dont have the skill to put together an e-book. i don't even know how to use a computer properly. sorry. 

oh dear, i can't remember the strip you mentioned above, perhaps it was by @NRGchick ? 

@Ahpheng -- Nope, it was one of yours. A very early one. ;)

That's okay. I was just hoping to get out of doing it but I wait and see if I get any takers later because I'm really a hack at this stuff.

52 minutes ago, bjvipb2uty said:

The 'Shattered' one? You flatter me lol. Sure though!

Does anyone know if YJ understands English? Maybe we could write individual messages in English and then have one collective one in Korean. We'd have to find someone to translate it but maybe someone in the thread would do us the favor.

I thought it was good. :) But I think it's important for us to make it a labour of love so I prefer putting something together that is completely fan made.

Well, you've talked yourself into a job. ;) You write well.

Now I'm going to have to work out how to make Google Drive a central repository.

Hi its great that we have something positive to work towards!:heart:

Actually I dont mind printing out the book if it is not too thick and mail it to them. Provided can find the address :D, but I can try my luck asking the China fans, they should have connection to the agency. 

Am afraid if email, may get buried in tons of emails.

So from what I gather, it will have c-strips, pictures and messages. I think if we write in simple English they should be able to understand.

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

Hi its great that we have something positive to work towards!:heart:

Actually I dont mind printing out the book if it is not too thick and mail it to them. Provided can find the address :D, but I can try my luck asking the China fans, they should have connection to the agency. 

Am afraid if email, may get buried in tons of emails.

So from what I gather, it will have c-strips, pictures and messages. I think if we write in simple English they should be able to understand.

We can keep that on the backburner. But I was hoping to include videos that people have made which is why I had the e-Book idea. If we do a hard copy, then it gets complicated with how do we pay you etc etc.

It might be best if we can make contact with someone in his agency first before sending them anything so it doesn't get buried. Seeing that we won't be sending it in the next 2-3 weeks, we should be okay. By then all the brouhaha with Cheese will have died down. We hope. :D

Archived