Sequel: Ode To Joy 2 欢乐颂 2

Cast:

Liu Tao

Jiang Xin

Andy Yang

Wang Kai

Jin Dong

Synopsis:

A story about five women living in Apartment Ode to Joy and about their love lives and work as an independent woman.

Watch it here with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

There is Happiness Waiting For You

Additional Links:

Ode To Joy 欢乐颂 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Ode To Joy 欢乐颂 Raw Episodes

Ode To Joy 欢乐颂 Audiobook

Wang Kai Official Soompi Thread

Jin Dong Official Soompi Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• 1 month later...

This is a pretty interesting drama to watch about 4 very different neighbours living at a condo.

Somehow all the guys they meet make people wonder if they are cheats....:grimace:    So the mystery keeps me going...plus one of the girls have some trauma she has to deal with which is also interesting.

Hmmm.....The cast is a bit weird...no wonder I feel that the guys are cheats..  I hope they can change the guy courting Andie... Qidian..he is way too uncle for her....or the romance cannot take off...  Maybe he is placed there because the romance will not take off.   Somehow he looks like a daddy for her.  When he held her and try to kiss her...I CRINGED so badly...  :vicx:   I find her boss lao tan is matching her better...perhaps she is ending up with him....he is sooooooooooo patient and so sweet to her....a bit like a big brother and yet gorgeous to be a lover. :P   hee hee...I sound so shallow...but I think the cinematography effect is important in a drama... LOL   Funny I can accept the KSH who is a 70-plus year old man in "Glamourous temptation" for ES but I find this Qidian who is a lot younger maybe acting as 40s in this drama so weird to match Andie...... think the Chinese casting calibre is not as good as the Koreans or in this drama, they plan to cast this guy out of Andie's life so they deliberately find someone unsuitable.

The other weird pair is HR lady, Shen Mei(SM) and her old classmate, WangBaiChuan(BC).   He looks so much younger than her like noona and dongsaeng and yet they were classmates before...    Another mismatch kind of couple....so again I am suspecting that there is something wrong with the guy who is courting her....i.e. has some ulterior motive.

Well I hope that there is a reason to cast these awkward-fit guys against the lead ladies and not just a case of poor casting and I am thinking too much...  LOL

I have no issue with noona and dongsaeng couple but they must look comfortable when put together, that's all.

So, I m hoping the plot moves quickly to move the guys out and bring in new guys suitable for them otherwise it is very HARD to watch the drama...  Unfortunately, Chinese drama are filmed ahead and completed before releasing, not like Korean ones which can change the plot as they film by taking viewers' feedback.

My first Chinese drama. I really like this  drama. Cast are great but I'm wondering what Qi Dian's story. He seems to be hiding something. In the trailerAndi was accusing him of being married but I 'm not sure.

The girl who lost her job annoys me so damn much. i hope she grows up really soon. Gua Guan is also mysterious. I like her but others don't seem to like because she is hiding something. 

I know this series is about 45 episodes but i'm used k dramas where everything is revealed pretty soon. I try to be patient but aaaah I want it to be over so I can find out who will they end up together. 

@Big G, you can accept Qidian with Andie?  :grimace:....I think for me, it is SUPER HARD to watch them kiss....:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:.. hopefully I don't puke         :lol::lol::lol:

On the other hand in the kdrama "Neighbourhood lawyer JDH", even though Park shin Yang is not good looking, I can accept him kissing Kang Sora....why is it so strange? :huh:  PSY has more charisma?  I think PSY looks less uncle and more sporty.

19 hours ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

@Big G, you can accept Qiandian with Andie?  :grimace:....I think for me, it is SUPER HARD to watch them kiss....:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:.. hopefully I don't puke         :lol::lol::lol:

On the other hand in the kdrama "Neighbourhood lawyer JDH", even though Park shin Yang is not good looking, I can accept him kissing Kang Sora....why is it so strange? :huh:  PSY has more charisma?  I think PSY looks less uncle and more sporty.

i cant accept it. i mean... i prefer the Boss of Andi. i don't like the way he was looking at andy. i don't like how he tried to hug her or made any physical contact... so pushy.

just like @Big Gim pretty familiar with kdramas, sooo... im curious about this one too. i just hope, andy would find someone new.

i love every character in OTJ. i hope, they'll change for good. and the bond between the girls would be moreeee deep. i like them together, sharing stories and laughing. aaahh i miss my friends so much while watching them. haha

1 hour ago, SuperNastar said:

i cant accept it. i mean... i prefer the Boss of Andi. i don't like the way he was looking at andy. i don't like how he tried to hug her or made any physical contact... so pushy.

just like @Big Gim pretty familiar with kdramas, sooo... im curious about this one too. i just hope, andy would find someone new.

i love every character in OTJ. i hope, they'll change for good. and the bond between the girls would be moreeee deep. i like them together, sharing stories and laughing. aaahh i miss my friends so much while watching them. haha

Hi 5 @SuperNastar   Andie's boss is so much more suave.. :wub:

I read something about Qidian

Spoiler

that he would give Andie a slap and then leave her for good later...   Not sure how true but apparently he is only a TEMP guest in her life.  Phew!!!! What a relief!!:sweatingbullets:

Yes, I think every character in OTJ is interesting too.   They are not perfect, in fact full of flaws and yet they get along just fine complementing one another.  I think friends should be like that.  No need to be the same but need to be considerate and care for one another despite all differences.

1 hour ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Hi 5 @SuperNastar   Andie's boss is so much more suave.. :wub:

I read something about Qidian

Hide contents

that he would give Andie a slap and then leave her for good later...   Not sure how true but apparently he is only a TEMP guest in her life.  Phew!!!! What a relief!!:sweatingbullets:

Yes, I think every character in OTJ is interesting too.   They are not perfect, in fact full of flaws and yet they get along just fine complementing one another.  I think friends should be like that.  No need to be the same but need to be considerate and care for one another despite all differences.

yokattaaaa na.

it's okay andy, since you're almost zero in this field called love, it's okay to know one or two, just to teach you how to 'love', but the last one would be someone who loves you and wont leave you. fighting! haha...

Any info about whom she will end up with??? but that Qidian is also the main cast, right? ught... well, so many kdramas the heroin didnt end up with the lead male, sooo...:P sorry la, im being mean. lols.

and her boss is the one Qu xiaoxiao talked about? having 3 or 4 mistresses??? omo... correct me if i was wrong. :fearful:

i really like this jie. her character is so strong yet so naive. she just didnt know how to show her own deep color.

im curious about my Wang kai's loveline. i just watched until ep 11, since the sub hasn't reached 100% for ep 12. any spoiler????

"  No need to be the same but need to be considerate and care for one another despite all differences. " <<< so true. i recommend this drama to my friends. i hope they'll like it :D

On 26.4.2016 at 0:33 PM, lovehbhjw2013 said:

@Big G, you can accept Qidian with Andie?  :grimace:....I think for me, it is SUPER HARD to watch them kiss....:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:.. hopefully I don't puke         :lol::lol::lol:

I don't like Qi Dian. There is something about him that I don't trust. I hope she won't end up with him. But I watched till 16th ep so I really don't know what to expect. I even heard ithere will two more seasons so... This drama is very weird.

On 27 April 2016 at 4:19 PM, SuperNastar said:

im curious about my Wang kai's loveline. i just watched until ep 11, since the sub hasn't reached 100% for ep 12. any spoiler????

I am surprised that Dr Zhao's relationship with QXX moved so fast. Didn't they say earlier that he has a girlfriend  of 7 years? Will he turn out to be another scumbag like Bai? Hope not, cos I like Wang Kai :P:P:P

Watched up to Ep. 18. Enjoying it so far. I squirmed also whenever QiDian made his moves. Not sure what to make of Wang. Is he also putting up a front to appear rich? I find it hard to believe that he has remained single all these years, supposedly pining for Fan Jie. Hmmmm ... 

There is a strange feeling towards all the men in this drama, like more than meets the eye

I actually like AnDi with ShengMei, if Chinese drama has room for same sex couple

Xiao Xiao is the most entertaining for me

I am at EP 34 now...  WOW...alot has happened since.    I can't say I like Qidian with Andie now but he has really helped her a lot.  Though I can accept him as a good friend for Andie, lover is still kinda tough.  Perhaps I understand a bit better why QiDian is cast for Andie because Andie needs sense of security which QiDian can give because he has no Casanova image.   Neverthless, I hope they end up as good friends and let QiDian be Andie's first lesson in love but not someone she would end up with..*pray*  :w00t:     Andie has another suave suitor who appears later...maybe he is the successful one....maybe...... :sweatingbullets:

For the other girls, alot has happened to Qiuying and Xiao xiao....Guanguan's life is more like water...a bit bland but she has had a crush...

The Fan Jie has the most dramatic experiences of all...won't spoil the experience for you.. keep watching. :wub:

I can't believe that it just ended like that?!?! I want to know what happened to Bao Yi Fan and An Di!!!! :blink::tears:

i want to see the story of Qu Xiao Xiao and Dr Zhao!!! :astonished:

Highly entertaining drama. Looking forward to Season 2. 

On 5/5/2016 at 0:00 AM, lovehbhjw2013 said:

I am at EP 34 now...  WOW...alot has happened since.    I can't say I like Qidian with Andie now but he has really helped her a lot.  Though I can accept him as a good friend for Andie, lover is still kinda tough.  Perhaps I understand a bit better why QiDian is cast for Andie because Andie needs sense of security which QiDian can give because he has no Casanova image.   Neverthless, I hope they end up as good friends and let QiDian be Andie's first lesson in love but not someone she would end up with..*pray*  :w00t:     Andie has another suave suitor who appears later...maybe he is the successful one....maybe...... :sweatingbullets:

For the other girls, alot has happened to Qiuying and Xiao xiao....Guanguan's life is more like water...a bit bland but she has had a crush...

The Fan Jie has the most dramatic experiences of all...won't spoil the experience for you.. keep watching. :wub:

i watched until ep 27, and yes. i watched until ep 31 without engsub, lols... i just could understand a very lil chinese, hehe...

but, i kind of like the 3rd guy in Andy's life. The guy she met in party when she went there with fan mei. ah my bad.. i forget his name. i kind of ship them cuz with him, andy looks a bit more relaxed than she did with qi dian. or her boss. but her boss seems having some women in life, soooo pass. :sweatingbullets:

i somehow understand qi dian's perspective but... it's kinda pushy. i don't like him. :confused: not for being andy's last love. agree with you... first love lesson better. haha...

16 hours ago, omiki said:

I can't believe that it just ended like that?!?! I want to know what happened to Bao Yi Fan and An Di!!!! :blink::tears:

i want to see the story of Qu Xiao Xiao and Dr Zhao!!! :astonished:

Highly entertaining drama. Looking forward to Season 2. 

i seriously dislike xiao xiao's character so far. im so done with her. and... i dont understand what makes Dr. Zhao likes her, haha.. love is mysterious, la la la.. and yessss... im wondering, didn't they say that he has a girlfriend of 7 years??? where is she??? my questions too :D

season 2 will start filming this year, september i guess. huaaa.. can't hardly wait :blush:

9 hours ago, SuperNastar said:

i watched until ep 27, and yes. i watched until ep 31 without engsub, lols... i just could understand a very lil chinese, hehe...

but, i kind of like the 3rd guy in Andy's life. The guy she met in party when she went there with fan mei. ah my bad.. i forget his name. i kind of ship them cuz with him, andy looks a bit more relaxed than she did with qi dian. or her boss. but her boss seems having some women in life, soooo pass. :sweatingbullets:

i somehow understand qi dian's perspective but... it's kinda pushy. i don't like him. :confused: not for being andy's last love. agree with you... first love lesson better. haha...

i seriously dislike xiao xiao's character so far. im so done with her. and... i dont understand what makes Dr. Zhao likes her, haha.. love is mysterious, la la la.. and yessss... im wondering, didn't they say that he has a girlfriend of 7 years??? where is she??? my questions too :D

season 2 will start filming this year, september i guess. huaaa.. can't hardly wait :blush:

You are good!  Able to watch without subs. :lol:

The new guy is Bao zong or Bao Yi Fan and yes I love to see them together.  Even Xiao Xiao said An Di is more relaxed when she is with him.  QiDian is indeed overly pushy and always seems to do the wrong things for her when he becomes too eager and overly enthusiastic.  He dug his own grave eventually...:sweatingbullets::P     Approach and timing is always so important in courtship.

Xiao xiao has one of those "number 13" kind of character, loud and seems uneducated(but she is) and very spoilt in her ways, yet I must say she is a very street smart lady.  Dr Zhao is attracted to her because there are things he would not be brave enough to do but she would do it.  She has the kind of aggression that he lacks and sometimes it is necessary to be aggressive in a situation especially when being bullied.  She is also very "upright" in friendships and will help her friends though appear reluctant because she does not want to come across so easy.  She is also a good problem solver.  She is very relaxed in her attitude towards life and she does work hard for her dues instead of thinking she deserves everything from her dad.   She is a very oddly balanced character and in real life...should be pretty tough to find someone like her unless she is one with a rich background but brought up in a harsh environment to become so strong like her.  Chances of someone so pampered as her acting this way is quite unusual.  Dr Zhao's 7 years girlfriend, he has already broken off with her.  In one episode, he even tried to get rid of xiao xiao by asking this ex-girlfriend to stand in as his girlfriend.  Sometimes I find Dr Zhao a confused person, his head and his heart cannot connect. LOL   If comparing to Dr Zhao with Xiao xiao his life would be much more fun and colourful than if he has chosen someone like Xiao Guan...who is a tad overly boring and no character for me.

It would be interesting to watch a season 2 to see how Andi transform herself.   There are too many loose ends..Fan Jie also has a loose end,  Xiao Qiu Ying also has a loose end...  Think the only one without any loose ends is Xiao Guan whose life is bland like water as of now...

• 2 weeks later...

this drama  is really good have finished watching it . the end was okay. they have lots of explaining to  do in the second season. i hope they all  have a happy ending. is just me or think they should pair up Xiao Guan and xiao xiao friend who name is cao bin who she always party with, i think he will be a pretty good match for him because he always so joyful i think xiao guan needs a guy like him in her life to give him more youth and enjoyment of life. she needs a bad boy in her life to be more interesting. i think they will be an interpreting pair.

Archived