[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] Ode To Joy 欢乐颂

sugarplum892

• 4 months later...

I just started the first season of this so far not too bad. The first episode introduced the 5 girls with very distinctly different characters. Watching the snail in this drama as Xiao Xiao is quite funny as her character is the polar opposite of her character in When a snail falls in love. Let's see how it goes.

I finished all the 42 episodes in 2 days.  actually i watched it for wang kai and wang zi wen, so i skipped the first 7 episodes and started from 8th episode.  wang kai appeared from 10th episode.  But as i started watching from ep.8, i fell in love with all the girls in the 22nd floor.  Omo WZW character was so nosy unlike her xuxu character.  I liked Andy especially.  She was such a matured character and i wanted her to fall in love with someone out of the 3 male characters.   

Actually this is exactly the replica of AGE OF YOUTH korean drama by jTBC.  AOY was among the students whereas OTJ was among the career girls.  I like both.  But OTJ story was more practical in the day to day world and i liked it more.  

Hope everyone get a good ending in the OTJ season 2.  really looking forward to the season 2 episodes. Jai you!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I also watched this because Wang Kai and Wang Zi Wen after watching When a Snail Falls in Love, I started watching from the 10th episode and I fell in love with these 5 girls. I love Xiao Xiao and Andi the most. When other can't stand Xiao Xiao's character, I love her. She's very brave and outspoken person. She's willing to help others eventhough her way is kinda weird. She's really matched with dr. Zhao. Their very distinct characters complete each other. dr. Zhao will never get bored in his life if he marries Xiao Xiao, and Xiao Xiao will be more docile with dr. Zhao.

Yup same here... i watched Ode to Joy because of Wang Kai and Wang Zi Wen after watching When a snail fall in love... However,  i didnt finish 42 episodes in 2 days like @padhari:sweatingbullets: - that's like non-stop watching for 2 days... i was a bit annoyed that since i downloaded 42 episodes at one go, some subtitles were missing and some episodes were cut short to 10-17 minutes! I couldn't be bothered to download it again...

Anyway, yes, Xiao2 character is interesting and in the end  she is a very kind person at heart. I'm not sure about Dr. Zhao though, since he did try to breakup with Xiao2 because he thinks she is not smart enough.. which is sad, but well at least in the end they ended up together. But still... hmmm

I'm surprised at Andy's development in the end... a crazy mother and a crazy father... and then, after all the episodes, she dropped Wei-Wei??? Aigooo... yes, Wei2 just wanted Andy to have a happy family, reconnecting with her family, but who knows this was going to happen... why did the writers of the drama suddenly  'drop the male lead', if i can say this, since Andy seemed to be the main lead in this drama (to me anyway). Suddenly, i feel the Cheese in the Trap vibes again... hehehe

I've watched Ode To Joy because.... well obviously it is because of Wang Kai. however same as others in this thread, I enjoy the stories of the 5 girls especially Xiao Xiao.

Many people hate Xiao Xiao character but I love her to bits! she may not be book smart but she knows how to roll the world. ie: she helps Andy when there are rumors of Andy in the internet. The other 3 girls from 2202 did help too by leaving positive comments on the website (tbh, that's what most of us will do if we want to help aite?) but Xiao Xiao is different. She mobilize her resources and attack the root cause of the rumors. I think that is a smart move. Also when she knows when to have fun nd work hard. Ie: when she has to prepare for tender bidding, she knows what to do, who she should get hold to, and when she successfully got the tender, she went out and have fun with her boyfriend, partying all night long with her friends.

about Andy and Wei Wei, I never like the pairing in the first place. I don't feel comfortable seeing Andy with him. If you read the novel you will see that Andy relationship with Wei Wei will not last.

I'm going to leave a few spoiler from the novel below.

1. If the series follow the route of its novel, we will see more of Dr Zhao and Xiao Xiao. They will be in on/off relationship throughout the series. Later Xiao Xiao parents will go through a divorce. This will bring Xiao Xiao's relationship with Dr Zhao to the next level. Although this is a spoiler I'm not going to disclose to what extent their relationship is. 

2. One of the girls in 2202, Guan Ju'er, who is interested in Dr Zhao will start pursuing him.

3. In the next season we will see Andy and her new love interest Bao Yifan. He will actively pursuing her and their relationship will see some serious development. Whether they end up together or not, it's for you to find out :phew: 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/18/2017 at 10:17 PM, yixing said:

Just finished watching this drama and loved it! Can't wait for season 2, just hope that a certain couple doesn't get together 

Reveal hidden contents

guan guan and doctor zhao... no thank you -_-

we're on the same page here. I can't picture them being an item!

Archived