Lee Won Geun 이원근

mysignisflower

7 hours ago, snowpanda said:

he has been confirmed for a new movie :D

it's called 환절기 (literaly: in-between seasons).

1457480422195.jpg

he will act together with Ji YoonHo and Bae JongOk. 
Bae JongkOk and Ji YoonHo are mother and son and Lee WonGeun, will play the role of Yoonhos friend. 

cr. xportsnews

I didn't have time to read the whole thing, so I just skipped over the movie description on naver, and i think its about the relationship between those three. the two boys are friends and because of some situation Lee WonGeun's character comes to live with those two. Years later the two bosy go on a vacation, where an accident happens and YoonHo's character is in critical condition and is in a vegetative state. the mother comes to resent Lee WonGeuns's character, because he is the only one who came home fine. And there also seems to be some kind of secret between the 2 boys.

Let's see and wait for english articles on this, since I couldn't find one yet. 

I'm glad to see he seems to have so many projects at the moment :D 

I saw too this news but I didn't see english articles so I dind't understand. So Lee won geun' s fourth movie will be

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@snowpanda thanks a lot for the news. I already saw it on his agency twitter..it seems that he focused on movie now...and the story premise sound interesting (off topic: is that Ji Yoon Ho who acted as Oh Young Gon in CITT?)

@mysignisflower thank you for the warm welcome :)

now, I just want to share some translation of his post SGG interviews last year. My twitter friend who translated it. so all translations credit to @/DeathBerry28 (I just put her twitter link, so please go to link to read her translation :) )

https://twitter.com/DeathBerry28/status/671151347442589696

https://twitter.com/DeathBerry28/status/671150801495138304

https://twitter.com/DeathBerry28/status/668449174816337920

https://twitter.com/DeathBerry28/status/668448918070431744

https://twitter.com/DeathBerry28/status/667614548879351808

https://twitter.com/DeathBerry28/status/667614180493627393

Guest snowpanda

@fleurofjasmine nothing to thank for^^ yes it seems, but I would also really like to see him in a drama again, since I'm more of a drama than movie person, but i also think it sounds interesting^^ 
and yes thats him^^

14 hours ago, snowpanda said:

@fleurofjasmine nothing to thank for^^ yes it seems, but I would also really like to see him in a drama again, since I'm more of a drama than movie person, but i also think it sounds interesting^^ 
and yes thats him^^

yeah..I also prefer drama than movie..I hope he will take another drama role this year..

Old Interview

[bnt interview] Lee Won Geun, “How Are My Eyes?”

4b2h1n2wcaya8tq0i18fc7s1gmdkysms.jpg
[by Oh Ara, translated by Sora Ghim] His round eyes turn into crescents after hearing the compliment, ‘You’re handsome.’ He has it all, tall height, sharp features and a deep voice.

Actor Lee Won Geun revealed hidden sides of himself that couldn’t be seen in dramas ‘The Moon Embraces The Sun,’ ‘Pure Love,’ ‘Passionate Love’ and ‘Hyde Jekyll, Me’ through a pictorial.

Transforming from a boy into a man in front of the camera, Lee Won Geun confidently goes from pose to pose. In the following interview, he answered well, smiling and laughing throughout.

Q. You are very busy now, right? It’s been a while since you shot a pictorial, how was it?
It was the first time shooting a pictorial with various concepts so it was fun.

Q. Your gaze has changed a lot since ‘The Moon Embraces The Sun’ in 2012. Can I say you’ve gotten more mature? What do you think has changed since then in acting?
At the beginning of my debut, I was a ‘noob’ that didn’t know anything (laughs). I think the thought of trying not to be awkward or make mistakes was big. However, as I continued to act, there was more time for me to think about and study the flow and emotions. I heard many times that my gaze got a lot better. Ha ha ha. But I’m still lacking a lot. I have to work harder.

Q. In the drama ‘Hyde Jekyll, Me’ you play a younger man who worries about and protects Han Ji Min. Do you know that lately you are popular with older women?
I’m popular with older women? (laughs) Since you say they like me, I’m very thankful.

Q. It seems you received a lot of love on set, how is it?
Maybe it’s because I’m the youngest so the seniors really take care of me. They give me a lot of advice and I’m really thankful for that. Everyone has a lot of filming and is busy but they even take care of the little things. Using this time, I want to thank my seniors (laughs).

fgzlr0sy8kli0bdgj6h7oa492hzdh5cm.jpg
Q. You played young ‘Woon’ in ‘The Moon Embraces The Sun,’ ‘Choi Joon Young’ in ‘Pure Love’ and currently, ‘Lee Eun Chang.’ You did various characters. Is your actual personality similar?
In reality, I’m on the serious side. I’m shy so I’m awkward when I first meet someone. I did get a lot better though as I started acting and doing activities. How bad must it have been if my nickname in high school was ‘old boy.’

Q. What do you think are your charms? Just looking at you, there’s a lot so shall we just choose 3?
It’s embarrassing to say my own charms out of my own mouth (after a lot of thinking), 3 is too much, I want to say my eyes. People have told me that my eyes are good for showing dynamic emotions.

Q. You gained attention for your sweet romance with Girl’s Generation Seohyun for ‘Passionate Love.’ In addition, you acted alongside Secret’s Song Ji Eun in web drama ‘Longing For Spring.’ When acting with female idols, did you feel pressured?
It would be a lie if I said it didn’t bother me. However, when will I be able to act with popular female idols? It’s luck, luck. More than worry about it, I tried to be more considerate and take care of them.

Q. You became an actor through your modeling activities. Do you ever wish to be on the runway again?
No. At that time, I was very happy and through that I started acting, but right now I like acting more. Also, there are people a lot better than me on the runways so I can’t be on it. Now I think about how I can act better and I have to work harder and study.

Q. You are in the same agency as top actors. Looking at your old interview, you said that you were still amazed when you went to broadcasting stations and were surprised to see actors acting. Are you still like that?
I’m still like that. They are really amazing people. Even now when I see my seniors acting, I think ‘How do they act like that?’ and I am envious but I resolve myself to learn more.

Q. Is there a role you want to do?
I don’t think it’s time for me to decide ‘I want to try that.’ I want to work hard at everything. If I talk like this it’s too vague right? Ha ha ha. But it’s true. I will do my best in everything given to me!

Q. While working I feel like you would have made a lot of actor friends.
That is something I regret. I am shy so when I think ‘now we’re a bit close,’ the drama ends.

tjn1w3c65xsvucg2uoa4qwhxpc5ti5r2.jpg
Q. What do you do in your free time?
School started so I attend classes, practice, meet friends and exercise.

Q. Three months have already passed in 2015. How are your resolutions coming along?
There is something I planned for this year. It’s not a grand plan but it’s living each day happily with no regrets. Instead of, ‘I’ll start tomorrow,’ let’s not push back things we should do.

Q. I’m curious on your thoughts on dating. The weather is getting warmer and the flowers bloom in spring, it’s perfect for dating.
You’re right. Spring really is right around the corner. I want to date.

Q. Your ideal type?
I like a woman who is cute with a lot of aegyo (cute charm). I hope she laughs a lot.

Q. I hope that spring is warm. Here is the last question. How do you think people see actor Lee Won Geun and what superlative would you like?
An actor that works hard. I am working hard now but to continually develop, study, try; I would love to hear ‘Lee Won Geun is an actor that really works hard.’ (photo by bntnews DB)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=19089

Lee Won Geun and Kim So Eun Cast in Web Drama “Pounding Spike 2”

Lee Won Geun and Kim So Eun Cast in Web Drama “Pounding Spike 2”

Lee Won Geun and Kim So Eun have been cast in the second season for the web drama “Pounding Spike 2!”

The web drama will be a joint production between Korean company Kim Jong Hak Production and China’s Sohu.com, with the script written by Choi Ji Yeon and directed by Kim Jin Young.

“Pounding Spike 2,” like its predecessor, will be a sports romantic comedy. The second season will take place on a university campus between the studious Han Da Woon (Kim So Eun) and volleyball genius Dong Hae Sung (Lee Won Geun). Han Da Woon hires Dong Hae Sung to be her “love counselor” so she can learn how to get closer to her crush, but ends up falling for Dong Hae Sung instead.

Kim So Eun has appeared in dramas such as “Boys Over Flowers” and “Liar Game,” while Lee Won Geun has built up his career with works such as “Hyde Jekyll, Me” and “Sassy Go Go.”

cr:soompi

Kim So Eun follows in Song Jae Rim's footsteps for 'Heart Thumping Spike 2'

kim-so-eun_1459183211_af_org.jpg

Web drama 'Heart Thumping Spike,' which recently concluded it short broadcast, is coming back with a second season titled 'Heart Thumping Spike 2' which is to be co-produced between China and Korea. 

And guess who's going to be leading in it? Well, you might have guessed already from the title and the picture, but it's none other than Song Jae Rim's past 'wife' Kim So Eun! 'Heart Thumping Spike 2's production stated on March 28, "Kim So Eun and Lee Won Geun have been confirmed for lead roles [in the drama]. Expectations is high for the two to exhibit a refreshing school sports romantic comedy." 

'Heart Thumping Spike 2' will tell the story of the nerdy, bookish Han Da Woon and pro 'genius' volleyball player Dong Hae Sung, and how the love slowly develops between the two. 

Kim So Eun and Lee Won Geun will officially enter filming for the drama once the casting for rest of the characters for the series are confirmed. 

Keep your eyes out for this romantic comedy which is set to air soon!

cr:allkpop

Archived