Gay OK Bangkok

welp

• 1 year later...

The gang is back! *confetti* I don't even know who the new characters are (or even what the quotes mean :sweatingbullets:), but the promo materials for Season 2 pushed all the right buttons... Here are my random feels and impressions about the new posters:

Spoiler

1. When Pom stole a glance at what's-his-name.

Oooooooof. Don't tell me this is another one-sided love affair, Pom! :( You deserve someone who looks back at you like nothing else matters... Please, please, please be good to him this time around, Drama Gods.

16789872_289445148140948_211533517783931

2. How Nat cupped his face with a disarming smile.

You know what broke my heart a little? Not the fact that he isn't with Arm. Rather, it's the bittersweet realization that he may have already found happiness with somebody else...  -_- Just give me a moment to pick up the pieces of my broken shipper heart.

16465841_299439317126047_576864659617873

3. The curious way that Arm hugged him...

What the heck does this hug mean? :o A farewell hug? An I-don't-wanna-let-go-of-you hug? ...Or an oh-crap-I-still-love-my-ex kind of hug? Either way, color me intrigued! (*cough* And slightly hopeful for a NatXArm reunion *cough*)

16788758_1228212087228768_44072828082092

4. How miserable they both looked inside the car.

If the plan is to show how suffocating this relationship has become by taking a striking image of Big and Off inside an obviously cramped vehicle, then I must admit: It worked, Show! :wink: This is genious.

16788974_1824813587773138_23725717170683

PS: Am I the only one who's dying to know if Big was holding/reaching for his hand when this shot was taken? ASDFG. Come quick, S2!

Clearly, I'm psyched to watch the new season (to the point that I'm fangirling about the posters, LOL)... but I heard it's only available on Line TV! #StrugglesOfAnInternationalFan

Translations of their quotes (may not be the best but I'm trying).

1. Pom : Do you know that you're my first boyfriend?
2. Nat : When we are lovers, you can't do only things you like.
3. Arm : Does it make you in trouble with him/her when you come to meet me like this? (thai word doesn't reveal gender of another person, this quote makes me feel like Arm is hugging with a man that already has boy/girlfriend).
4. Big : Are you still okay with me?

Hi all! I'm glad there are other people here who like this series. It is one of the best Thai series in recent years, in my opinion. I wish more people watched it.

Anyway, they just released another trailer for Season 2, which seems to reveal more of the plots!

Obviously, there is funeral scene at the end of trailer. Arm is there, so he isn't the one who dies (unless he's a ghost). Whose funeral could it be?

@VarutK Hi there, fellow GOBKK fan! :D It's always nice to find someone who appreciates this gem... You're right, it's definitely a cut above the rest. :wink: I hope more viewers discover how remarkable it is.

And oh nooooo. :( I've been taking my mind off that funeral scene ever since they released the second trailer... because my heart cannot handle the thought of *** dying. Don't do this, Show!

Hi @kimchiflavored_plot

:-)

17 hours ago, kimchiflavored_plot said:

And oh nooooo. :( I've been taking my mind off that funeral scene ever since they released the second trailer... because my heart cannot handle the thought of *** dying. Don't do this, Show!

I think they tried to drop clues of who will die. Let's analyze the materials.

1. In both trailers, Arm is the only character who is prominently showed to be at the funeral, suggesting the person must be close to him

2. He is seen hugging a guy in white shirt, possibly crying, possibly at the funeral.

3. In a picture in an interview article, two female characters, his mother and his friend, are seen wearing funeral black attires.

Therefore, we have a wide range of possible choices, from his ex Nat, his friend Pom (or Sathang), his new Season 2 lover/ex/friend, or his father who is mentioned in the trailer!

I just watched S2 Episode 1. Wow. It's really as great as expected, although it's not perfect.

Writing is superb, although slightly too chatty in some scene, but we are getting tons of great dialogues and lines. Acting is STELLAR, even better than season 1. This when combined with good writing makes the characters so charming! All the main and minor cast deserve big praise, really. The actors who play Pom and Arm totally shine. They are better than many, many supposedly more professional actors in big-budget films and series. Editing and other post-production matters (sound, music, coloring, etc.) may be better than Season 1 but perhaps could be improved somewhat as I feel that they tend to almost unexciting at certain points. In overall, production seems to have more budget and doesn't have any low-budget, independent-production feel at all.

Above all, it is very much an entertaining show to watch with some "realness" to offer to the audience, especially those who feel trapped by endless soap opera-y contents on Thai TV.

Too bad Season 2 is released on LINE TV app, which means it is less likely to be released on YouTube. People outside Thailand may need to find a way around the country-restriction of LINE TV app. I really hope Gay OK Bangkok will reach a wide international audience, as this is what it deserves.

This post is getting long and I haven't even started to talk about the plot yet!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope Arm gets himself together this season. I understand not everybody wants to be a committed, monogamous relationship, but he doesn't look too happy carrying on the way his now, either. He needs to figure out some in-between, maybe. I just hope he doesn't use Nat as a crutch. That was a cute ending, though, with them.

The second season is a large improvement on the first one.

Acting and script wise. Storylines flow much better than the other one. 

I have no idea how many episode this season? And it's airing on LineTv (which is good) (bad for international fans unless someone uploads them).

4 hours ago, Thunder Mage said:

The second season is a large improvement on the first one.

Acting and script wise. Storylines flow much better than the other one. 

I have no idea how many episode this season? And it's airing on LineTv (which is good) (bad for international fans unless someone uploads them).

They say there will be 7 episodes for Season 2.

I totally agree the acting and script are really good this season! One thing I find quite impressive is how the story is quite unpredictable in each episode. Sometimes when a scene seems to be leading to a big showdown, the story shifts smoothly into another direction. And then there are times when all the sudden it surprises us with something we totally didn't expect. The writers must be enjoying trolling us with these tricks!

I'm loving this season too, i hope for a happy ending for Nat and Arm, the way they hugged in Arm's father funeral was so sad and beautiful,

And when Nat was leaving he was looking back, i think he still has feelings for Arm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-24 at 2:24 PM, gogole mongol said:

For now, this interesting/underrated series (season 2) have 7 ep, all with eng sub! No success because of no (real) star?

maybe is no sucess is because really a gay series and not targeted to girls lol

anyway i just found out the actor who plays arm come out and has a boyfriend, cute.

On 2017-6-9 at 4:51 AM, gogole mongol said:

Absolutely, however just imagine Singto into the main role?!!! Is it gives same success result?

i dont think so, it could gain a few fans but the story still isn't what sells.is not cutesy boy love.

Archived