title_by_sayuri303-d9sg1vw.png

73DxNOk3_7b6bf3_c2x.jpg

Broadcast Network: Hunan TV
Filming Date:  2015-Aug to 2015-Nov

Airing Date: 2016

Number of Episodes: (TBA)

Producer: Zhong Cong Hai 钟聪海

Director: Jin Chen 金琛, Zhou Yuan Zhou 周远舟

Screenwriter: Hai Fei 海飞 (also author of the Novel)

br_by_sayuri303-d9sg4g5.png

This drama is set during the revolutionary time in Shanghai, based on a novel of the same name of Hai Fei.

During the republican revolution, Chen Shen is a secret agent under Special Operations Executive Director Bi Zhongliang,

among the agents called “sparrow” (similar to the program “zero” in Japan).

br_by_sayuri303-d9sg48d.png

Li Yi Feng (Fall In Love Like A Star) as Chen Shen 陈深. An undercover agent with a mission to infiltrate the headquarters under Edward Zhang’s.

Spar%206.jpg

Zhou Dong Yu (The Ark of Mr. Zhou) as Xu Bi Cheng 徐碧城. Female lead who is under principle married to Zhang Ruo Yun’s character.

But her heart points to Chen Chen. Her character is still a student, described as romantic and temperamental.

Spar%205.jpg

Edward Zhang Lu Yi (Love Me If You Dare)  as Bi Zhong Liang 毕忠良. Li Yi Feng’s boss.

Spar%204.jpg

Andrew Tam (Love Me If You Dare) as Su San Sheng 苏三省. Ruthless officer carrying out brutal acts but deep down he desires a warm love. 

Spar%202.jpg

Zhang Ruo Yun (Wu Xin The Monster Killer) as Tang Shan Hai 唐山海. He’s an agent who is against Li Yi Feng after he begins his secret spy mission.

Spar%203.jpg

More Cast: 

Kan Qing Zi as Li Xiao Nan 李小男

Li Xiao Ran as Shen Qiuxia 沈秋霞

Yin Zheng (尹正) as Su San Sheng 苏三省

Liu Jia Tong (刘珈彤) as Liu Mei Na 柳美娜

Wang Wan Juan (王婉娟) as Liu Lan Zhi 刘兰芝

Shi Chao (史超) as Liu Er Bao 刘二宝

Wang Jin Song (王劲松) as Li Mo Qun 李默群

Yang Zheng (杨政) as Bian Tou 扁头

Chen Guan Ning (陈冠宁) as Wei Zhi 未知

Zhang Da Bao (张大宝) as Wu Long 吴龙

br_by_sayuri303-d9sg9wm.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes there's an update.. thank you! I've been waiting when this will premiere! Li Yi Feng sorta looks like of Hyun Bin. Ha ha. I was just rewatching (again)Sunny Happiness last week.... but I was more into Mike He.. but Li Yi Feng was the lil bro :D

Hi everyone,

Message from Viki

Hello dears fan we need ALL your help for this drama :D

DRAMA: SPARROW

Sinopsis:

This drama is set during the revolutionary time in Shanghai, based on a novel of the same name of Hai Fei. During the republican revolution, Chen Shen is a secret agent under Special Operations Executive Director Bi Zhongliang, among the agents called “sparrow” (similar to the program “zero” in Japan)

Type: Drama 
Network: Hunan TV

Cast: 
Li Yi Feng : (The Legend of Chusen) 
Zhang Rui Yun: (WuXin: The Monster Killer) 
Zhang Edward: (Love Me If You Dare) 
Yin Andrew: (Love Me If You Dare)

Link: https://www.viki.com/tv/30065c-sparrow?q=sparrow

Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D_QZ1ZIEi0

Request license: This drama will be released on Sept 5 ^^

http://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

photo 3e1c1fa8-4c7f-4328-8f4e-521f36d61fd1_zpsnrwervva.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the ending credits and Zhang Ruoyun sings one of the subsongs! Thank goodness, the drama is also being released on Youku (would hate to have HunanTV make edits/cuts).

In case anyone is wondering, neither Zhou Dong Yu or Zhang Ruoyun appear in the first 2 epis.

The drama is being made available on Youtube thru 优优独播剧场——YoYo Television Series Exclusive: (2 versions) (uncut version) or TV version

@Kristina303 I believe they're using the "TV version" (where each ep is roughly 45min each) as opposed to the "uncut" which has varying lengths per episode. Though the "uncut" is listed as "uncut" it's basically the HunanTV aired version, the HunanTV logo is clearly seen. The "TV version" has no TV logo (and will likely have more epis than the "uncut" by the end of broadcast). I think it's HunanTV's way of getting people to watch their broadcast first because they are able to offer video ahead that others will have to wait till the next day to view if watching the "TV version"

1 hour ago, creidesca said:

@Kristina303 I believe they're using the "TV version" (where each ep is roughly 45min each) as opposed to the "uncut" which has varying lengths per episode. Though the "uncut" is listed as "uncut" it's basically the HunanTV aired version, the HunanTV logo is clearly seen. The "TV version" has no TV logo (and will likely have more epis than the "uncut" by the end of broadcast). I think it's HunanTV's way of getting people to watch their broadcast first because they are able to offer video ahead that others will have to wait till the next day to view if watching the "TV version"

Ok thanks^^ 

After watching episode 11, I do no like Zhou Dong Yu's character (her role and not the actress herself). I prefer the other girl roles I've seen in other Republican-era war period dramas (Black Fox, Snow Leopard/New Snow Leopard, Hu Ying). At least they understood country took precedence and knew how to curb their "love" while performing their missions. Bi Cheng is gonna be the downfall of Shan Hai and the cause of their failure in their mission--she's making way too many mistakes while they are supposed to be a married couple and he's covering up for her that instead he's the one being exposed. She might as well not be an agent. And we already know how Shan Hai is gonna die (seen in ending theme song segment, and mention of it in an article since the drama is adapted from a novel).

Find the actor Zhang Ruo Yun 张若昀 at some angles share some resemblance with Eric Nam.

A collection of his scenes in this drama.

Might need to wait a few seconds before video is loaded. Can turn off the screen comments by the 4th button from the bottom right. 

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av6219371/

A collection of his playful self in variety shows.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av2992215/

• 4 weeks later...

Archived