❤GooWon COUPLE❤(Seo Dae Young❤Yoon Myung Joo from DotS)

Adwina Oltariani

As much as I'm going to miss watching Goowon together on screen, I'm kinda glad that DOTS is only 16 episodes.  IMO after the series left Urk, the writers were stuck on where the story should go.  They don't even know what to do with MJ beyond just being DY's girlfriend, which is a pity.  The actors is what's saving the storyline because otherwise, I feel like a lot of viewers would have just start dropping it.  It would be ridiculous that SJ survives the mission after all of that and DY is no where to be seen.  I'm thinking the cafeteria scene is where DY alludes/proposes marriage to MJ.  It's bittersweet that DY has to "die" before the General accepts him.  I'm just hoping the writer gives a good explanation on how SJ/DY survived (assuming they did) and why they were missing for that long.   

I know SJK and SHK are the leads but geez not only did we not see a goodbye scene but we barely saw MJ grieve.  Is SJ the only one leaving for a mission?  DY left and presumably died too.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the last night, everyone.. Good luck to GooWon.. and I hope for their happy ending for the last episode.. 

and I'm amused that KES decided to stretch GooWon story all the way through the end.. it's clear to me she invests on this couple a lot more compared to the main couple who had it easier since the start.. I'm sure GooWon's suffering will worth it in the end.. 

and thank you guys for contributing to this thread from the beginning until now.. just come by when you miss uri couple.. thanks guys!

doctor-strange-trailer-coming-next-week-

my wishlist for tonight

1) Scene of MJ and DY at the canteen

2) MJ , DY and General Yoon go for tea as agreed

3) Wedding of the goowon couple

4) Very hot scene that Jin Goo promised

Additional bonus is Lieutenant Colonel Park's face when he realise SDY will be General Yoon's Sa wi and maybe butter up to him. LOL. 

Show starting...... 3 stream site on standby. I must watch the final..

so many kiss scenes tonight. haha the scene when MJ gave MY the card, my stream lagged for a bit and i thought it was going to be their wedding invitation. oh and can i just say that jin goo's version of hot scene (which i have no idea is which one) is like pg 13 or something. i'm thankful for all the goowon scenes but you know what i mean. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFC8Wc9TZEc

his letter to her was really romantic/sweet.. i'm going to try and translate it to the best of my abilities. please correct any of my errors and remember that it's probably not 100% accurate 

"my strategy was always to run away, you, who was more courageous than anyone else, and me who was (not sure it might be hateful? all i know is he's putting himself down in contrast to her), for loving me i am thankful, and i am also sorry. by chance, if you're reading this the (again he uses the same adjective here that he used to describe himself before) me gave you pain like this until the end. don't forgive me. as much as i thought about you, i hope you are that much happy (? okay that sentence i'm really not sure about lol). to yoon myung joo, who i loved passionately, whether i'm alive or dead, i love you. that won't change."

again please don't quote me on this. i just really wanted to share this even as bad as my translation skills are because this was hands down my favourite goowon scene in this whole drama. i'm going to miss these 2 so much

quite satisfy with the last episode. goowon reunion is A+ tbh. it is so sad and beautiful. i love it so much. and DY strikes again with his dancing. that expressionless dance. i'm done, how the enemies lost to him in battle?? :lol:

and ofc our MJ. she kissed DY in front of the soldiers lol you go girl! so is that the "hot scene" JG said? i feel trolled by JG :lol:

the last scene is so badass, especially MJ struts in her uniform

MJ and DY are definitely added to my all time fav characters in drama. also special shout-out for my other two fav characters, kim beom rae (or nae?) and kim ki bum :D

i am sad because it is the end. it's been a while since i had an OTP i really root for in k-drama. i will miss goowon so much and ofc this thread too. salute!

211C524156FD70B013B019

Hi, everyone! Obviously a new member, and it's much too late since the series is ending soon :"

Anywayyy, I enjoy reading through the forum so much that I decided to create an account to join the discussion ㅋㅋㅋ

GooWon has always been my favorite couple, even from the very beginning of the show. The chemistry between them is much more intense than the one between the lead couple hehe Idk maybe I just love angst~ But srsly, I've always loved the second couple more, like ones in City Hunter & King2Hearts, ended tragically unfortunately :"

I'm gonna miss waiting for Wed&Thu to comeee after this...

Oh, I've got a question I've been wondering since the beginning; why is the drama named "Descendants of the Sun"? What's the correlation between the name and the storyline? And what is this plot twist KJW said before that would contribute to the title of the series?

Stars of “Descendants of the Sun” Thank Fans for Their Support

jin-goo2.jpg

Following the epic finale of KBS’s “Descendants of the Sun,” the stars of the drama have taken to social media to express their thanks to the viewers.

First is actor Jin Goo, who plays the second lead Seo Dae Young. In the early hours of April 15 KST, Jin Goo writes on his Instagram, “Thanks to everyone who gave so much love these last two months, I was incredibly happy. I was able to gain everyone through #DescendantsOfTheSun. Even if I die, I won’t die.”

In the accompanying video, Jin Goo says, “All of the viewers who loved ‘Descendants of the Sun,’ all the actors and staff, and all of the journalists who wrote such great articles about us, I love each and every one of you. Thank you so much. Power of unity!”

ahn-bo-hyun.jpg

Ahn Bo Hyun, who plays Sergeant “Piccolo” Im Gwang Nam of the Alpha Team, also shares his gratitude on Instagram. On April 14, Ahn Bo Hyun writes, “Descendants of the Sun. I was happy. Thank you so much.” He also shares a still of the Red Velvet cameo performance as well as a selca with his fellow cast members.

search :soompi

Finally my OTP survived. I was beginning to think that I would we 0/3 for the year.  I thought by rooting for Goowon it would be less stressful but it wasn't.  Anyways the series is not perfect but the writer did a good job with the finale.  She gave everything the viewers wanted.  She must have learned from her previous series.  Although DY and SJ being locked up could have been an episode in itself.  Instead of SJ almost dying and saving the NK soldier in episodes 13/14, they could have expanded their escape in episode 15.  I thought the finale was Goowon's episode.  Their snow reunion had more impact than the main OTP.  In fact I felt more emotion when DY came to see KB.  Anyways the dumb and dumber duo was on fire today especially their fanboy moment.  DY 's awkward dancing was awesome!  MJ was awesome as she tries to seduce DY in the cafeteria and pretends that she was pregnant.  Had the feeling this would be saved in the finale. I'm glad their scenes didn't get cut.  

Anyone notice that MJ had a bigger glass than DY when they were drinking together?  DY probably wanted to make sure that he took MJ home and not send her on a taxi again. I really how the women controls the men in this series.

5 hours ago, kdramalovers said:

XOOgHX.gif

:heart::blush::love:OMGGG  and here is SYD and boys dancing 

rIpAcrd.gifyXhrXeF.gif

Am I the only one here who thinks that they shooted this scene in two different places? Lol looking at the lighting effect on GooWon, it's somewhat incompatible with the surroundings. Ok I might have been dreaming since the 3 GooWon's kisses last night. :D:D:D

Well hi! been a silent reader for the past few weeks and just got time to drop my comment here~ Nice to meet you all! :blush::heart:

1 hour ago, honeywell said:

Finally my OTP survived. I was beginning to think that I would we 0/3 for the year.  I thought by rooting for Goowon it would be less stressful but it wasn't.  Anyways the series is not perfect but the writer did a good job with the finale.  She gave everything the viewers wanted.  She must have learned from her previous series.  Although DY and SJ being locked up could have been an episode in itself.  Instead of SJ almost dying and saving the NK soldier in episodes 13/14, they could have expanded their escape in episode 15.  I thought the finale was Goowon's episode.  Their snow reunion had more impact than the main OTP.  In fact I felt more emotion when DY came to see KB.  Anyways the dumb and dumber duo was on fire today especially their fanboy moment.  DY 's awkward dancing was awesome!  MJ was awesome as she tries to seduce DY in the cafeteria and pretends that she was pregnant.  Had the feeling this would be saved in the finale. I'm glad their scenes didn't get cut.  

Anyone notice that MJ had a bigger glass than DY when they were drinking together?  DY probably wanted to make sure that he took MJ home and not send her on a taxi again. I really how the women controls the men in this series.

agree. i also think goowon and dy-kb reunion gave more feelings than main otp reunion. dy-kb chemistry is also amazing.

MJ's "i'm pregnant" scene was hilarious. MJ is such an awesome character. she is indeed a girl crush lol she doesn't afraid to show her feelings or make first move. so brave since the beginning. well, she changed clothes inside the car with the man she just knew lol

i really love when DY gradually lowering his head while listening to angry MJ. it was super cute. and he did it two times lol and when MJ told him she missed him, he suddenly became relaxed and stroked MJ's head. why you two are so adorable :(

16 minutes ago, purpose said:

goowon's kiss in the snow is so beautiful :o

KakaoTalk_20160414_110451810.jpg?type=w1

KakaoTalk_20160414_110452435.jpg?type=w1

Indeed it's so heavenly beautiful! :bawling::heart: lucky me that I'm rooting for this couple more than the lead couple coz if I'm not I might end up cursing the writer for giving such an extremely captivating scene for the secondary couple lol~ but they deserve it, don't they? :wub:

1 minute ago, bellavitiara said:

Indeed it's so heavenly beautiful! :bawling::heart: lucky me that I'm rooting for this couple more than the lead couple coz if I'm not I might end up cursing the writer for giving such an extremely captivating scene for the secondary couple lol~ but they deserve it, don't they? :wub:

yup! they deserve all the happiness in the world after all these angsts :)

Archived