December 12, 2016

Best couple nominations at Drama Awards

(KBS)

KBS revealed the nominations for the “Best Couple” Award for the 2016 KBS Drama Awards.

The candidates include:

“Five Enough” - Ahn Jae-wook and So Yoo-jin, Sung-hoon and Shin Hye-sun, 

“Descendants of the Sun” - Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo, Jin-goo and Kim Ji-won,

“Becky‘s Back” - Kin Sung-oh, Choi Dae-chul and In Gyo-jin

“Uncontrollable Fond” - Kim Woo-bin and Bae Suzy, 

“Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” - Park Bo-bum and Kim Yoo-jin

“The Gentlemen of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop” - Cha In-pyo and Ra Mi-ran, Hyun-woo and Lee Se-young

“On the Way to the Airport” - Lee Sang-yoon and Kim Ha-neul

“Sweet Stranger and Me” - Kim Young-kwang and Soo-ae

“Oh My Geum-bi” - Oh Ji-ho and Heo Jung-eun

Online voting for the award began on Dec. 5 and will remain open until Dec. 28

The KBS Drama Awards will take place on Dec. 31 at the KBS Hall in Yeouido.

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If viewers ask me.. Five Children  my second best drama of 2016! ( no.1 is Memory).  Five Children deserve to be recognize for all the high quality writing (I loves the writer!) and just the over all quality of the drama! Okay, I'm actually watching kbs award... switching between sbs.. my eyes filled with stars he he.

Yes my Sang Min! my second  favorite character for 2016! (no 1 is Jung Do of PU38)

Sung Hoon won for Best actor! (edit: that is best new actor! ha ha . sorry I was excited, lol)

C1AsCnPUsAAEsug.jpg

My Favorite couple of the year!! Sang Min and Yeon Tae aka Sung Hoon and  Shin Hye Sun

C1As4ixUQAA3uoD.jpg
C1As69jVQAIhJdS.jpg
C1As8VIUQAQGPlL.jpg

Five Children is one of the best drama that I watch in 2016.. I had a love and hate relationship with all the characters.. And because of this drama, I joined this forum, muster up my courage to join a big forum like soompi and find new friends whom I can spazz and discuss dramas with.. 

Our actors and actresses won some awards tonight.. 

Our Wooyoung (Jung Yoon Seok), the eldest among 5 children won Best Young Actor Award

Jung-Yoon-Suk.png

Our golf athlete Kim Sang Min (Sung Hoon) won Best New Actor Award

Sung-Hoon.png

Our Team Leader, Lee Sang Tae (Ahn Jae wook) won Male Excellence Award for Long Running Drama

128403_154509_1532.jpg

Our Ahn Manager, Ahn Mi Jung (So Yoo Jin) won Woman Excellence Award for Long Running Drama

20170101000003_0.jpg

pic cr: soompi, naver, stardailynews

Nominated

Jo Hyeon Doo - Lee Soo ( Best Young  Actor)
Shin Hye Sun - Lee Yeon Tae / Lee Yeon Doo (Supporting Actress, Best New Actress)
Shim Hyung Tak - Lee Heo Tae (Male Excellence Award for Long Running Drama)
Im Soo Hyang - Jang Jin Joo (Woman Excellence Award for Long Running Drama)

Happy new year~ 

Guest airgelaal

So sad, that SH and SHS didn't get the best couple award, but so happy for others.

Even without award this drama is still one of the best family drama's I ever saw.

I think the KBS world will sub it, but while waiting for the official sub, here is my translation for their winning speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHQwzqZCUZ0

Hello, I’m child actor Jung Yoon Seok. Thank you for giving me a big award like this. Thank you so much to PDs and Writers of Five Children, Moonlight Drawn by The Clouds and Jang Young Sil. Thank you to my father who always take care of me and stay by my side, to my mother who is my manager and always teach me. I will return with a better work in next year too. Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-rfFDAIzY

(Sunghoon speech started at 2:28)

Hello, I’m Sunghoon. Honestly… (viewers shouted I love you!) Yes thank you, I love you too. Honestly, this year KBS had a lot of good drama with a lot of good actors and I came here without any wished to win. I came here for couple award, same as what senior Ra Miran (the one who won the supporting actress). I don’t think I would receive the award for Asia Best couple award, the award that maybe I wished to get. I never knew that I would be one of the nominees for this award.  Standing on this stage, I can’t think of anything in my mind. Firstly, thank you to my staffs and people from my company. I would like to thank the director of our drama and the writer and Yoojin nuna, Jaewook hyung, Hyungtak hyung, our hard working actors and also ‘my’ Hyesun. I’m so thankful. Lastly, I never knew that I would stand on this place but if I got the chance to stand in this stage, there’s something that I wanted to say. At the shooting place, actors and staffs have worked so hard but until now there are some of them who can’t go up to the stage or stand in front of the camera and they always dreamed that one day they could do so. I really respect you and cheer you up. Thank you and happy new year

(pardon my shipping heart, that I specially mention the ‘my’/’our’ or uri in Sunghoon’s speech)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP6e8ee8C78

(Ahn Jaewook speech started at 2:37)

Yes, thank you. Viewers, thank you very much. This award is a big award. I thought last year (2016) I only kept seating in my seat. This is my first present in 2017 so this is so valuable. While shooting the drama, as we are shooting a long run drama, we have spent a lot of time together. Writer, PD, staffs thank you. At first I thought that the genre/the story would be too heavy but our drama is interesting and I thought we delivered the story quite well. So many people love our drama and together with So Yoojin we got many support and energy to finish the drama. It is my first time to act as (your) husband but I want to thank So Yoojin again. Five Children is a precious family drama. Together with my lovely wife and daughter, we will start the new year with a good start

(He made a joke because when he received the award, it's already new year in Korea)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd07WsG9RUw

(So Yoojin speech started at 2:34)

Hello, I’m So Yoojin. I’m so happy to receive a great present in this new year day. After starring in Five Children in 2016, I spend my days with a thankful heart. After getting married and giving birth I thought it won’t be happen soon but for giving me a lead character in weekend drama, I love you KBS. Writers, PD, staffs thank you. Thank you for making a character Mijung who is so lovable. Starting from the coldest day until we finished in the hottest day our staffs have worked a lot. You have been worked hard for 8 months. Suddenly I can’t think anything. Just now, Jaewook oppa thanked me but I also feel so thankful. We have spent a long time together and have fun while shooting the drama and thank you for the unforgettable memories. Thank you for the viewers that have shown love for our drama. I’ll work hard in the future too

to be honest, i am just extremely sad, shocked and disappointed that our HyeSun and Sung Hoon couple did not win the Best couple award, totally unexpected. i had posted my views in the YeonSang thread, so i wont post the same thing over here again. congrats to SH, AJW and SYJ, it would have been a perfect result for Five Enough if HyeSun had won the New Female Star.  haiz what a sad sad day, if YeonSang had won, it would have been a great happy first day of 2017 for me.  

thanks @alleram95 for the updates and translation, appreciate that so much, my fellow YeonSang shipper. im still reeling from the upset of the awards, pissed off with KBS. i guess the only consolation of the awards is seeing my favourite couple walking on the red carpet together and i guess i should be satisfied enough...

• 2 months later...
Guest airgelaal

I made this video after the episode, when SM visited school. But back then youtube blocked it, so I can post it only now

• 7 months later...

Archived