[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] A Lifetime of Love 上古情歌

sugarplum892

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Elaine Lainey said:

Dude who plays the demon king/beast war god(?) he hasn't changed! Must be the makeup they used!! 

GIF's is looking quite pretty!!

U mean Huang Xiaoming? He still looks like when he played Yang Guo in Return of the Condor Heroes back in 2006 lol

So what's the deal with the Emperor Mother of the Jade Mountain? Why does she have an issue with Chi Yun seeing Mu Qingmo? Plus I read that the people of the Jade Mountain must be neutral and not get involved from the affairs of the world. So why is she interfering in Mu Qingmo relationship with Chi Yun?  She always seems uptight and annoyed all the time with anyone.

acff3e61ly1fgjt68xyxfj20je0bmdwx.jpg

10 hours ago, TramH said:

So what's the deal with the Emperor Mother of the Jade Mountain? Why does she have an issue with Chi Yun seeing Mu Qingmo? Plus I read that the people of the Jade Mountain must be neutral and not get involved from the affairs of the world. So why is she interfering in Mu Qingmo relationship with Chi Yun?  She always seems uptight and annoyed all the time with anyone.

Wish we had the eng sub to understand this or maybe it will be explained later on. She does come across antagonistic towards Mu Qingmo and Chi Yun or perhaps she can already see their fate.

Can't wait to watch Eps 7-9

Just started watching this up to Ep. 4. First episode was really confusing, like some of you said, because we don't understand how CY met Mo and why he is so fixated on her. This is what I understand so far. 10 years ago, CY was fighting some guy with Fire power, and got injured by him. ah Mo happened to chance upon CY and used her powers to save him, but got herself injured in the process. The King of some neighbouring nation came and chased away the fire guy, then struck an alliance deal with CY so that they can stop fighting each other and exchange mutual benefits for their people. At the same time, that King healed Ah Mo but the side effect is that she will forget what has happened before she was injured.

I haven't really figured out what's the deal with that Jade Mountain lady. She seemed disappointed that the Father of that pretty lady didn't turn up for the competition. As you can see, I don't remember all their names yet ... too many characters ... haha. 

A lot of CGI as many of you have mentioned. Definitely second lead syndrome coming up. But totally enjoyable so far. Let's enjoy together!

On 6/15/2017 at 4:04 AM, TramH said:

Near the end of episode 3 (around the 25th minute), she says she doesn't know if she should have saved Qingmo because this will end in war?  So I don't think she's being mean for no reason.

Not sure if you know what they're saying? At this point, Chi Yun doesn't know that Qingmo is also on Jade Mountain. Chi Yun is impudently asking Jade Mother/Lady for a bow (that's considered one of greatest treasure of Jade Mountain) without offering any reason why she should lend it to him. She becomes a much more sympathetic character within a few episodes as you learn more about her past.

Is anyone else looking forward to seeing Sheng Yi Lun in Oh My General because I can't wait!!!!! Just when I thought Sheng Yi Lun couldn't get anymore cuter! :blush: I hope it's as entertaining as Go Princess Go!  Ma Si Chun and Sheng Yi Lun are so adorable together! 

On 6/19/2017 at 8:07 PM, fuyukoneko said:

Near the end of episode 3 (around the 25th minute), she says she doesn't know if she should have saved Qingmo because this will end in war?  So I don't think she's being mean for no reason.

Not sure if you know what they're saying? At this point, Chi Yun doesn't know that Qingmo is also on Jade Mountain. Chi Yun is impudently asking Jade Mother/Lady for a bow (that's considered one of greatest treasure of Jade Mountain) without offering any reason why she should lend it to him. She becomes a much more sympathetic character within a few episodes as you learn more about her past.

@fuyukoneko I wasn't referring my comment about the Jade Lady in regards to the scene about Chi Yun wanting the bow. It was episode 6 where I wasn't clear why she was adamant about not allowing Chi Yun visit Qingmo which was where my comment was coming from. It was reasonable for the Jade Lady to be upset with Chi Yun's rude behavior and his demands to see Qingmo. People cannot come and go to the Jade mountain palace as they please and it was Chi Yun's fault for forcing her to take those actions. But...Chi Yun was under the impression based on Qingmo's suggestion to do good deeds (killing creatures that were harming the town's people), that the Jade Lady would notice this and allow him to see Qingmo the next time he came to the Jade mountain. Yes, the Jade Lady has soften a LITTLE bit and gave in after seeing Chi Yun practically kill himself and go into convulsions :confounded:

Qingmo never thought that Chi Yun took her suggestions seriously because she certainly did not, but because all of this she is even more aware of Chi Yun's dedication, devotion and commitment to her :heart:

On 6/15/2017 at 0:05 PM, sushiroll17 said:

Wish we had the eng sub to understand this or maybe it will be explained later on. She does come across antagonistic towards Mu Qingmo and Chi Yun or perhaps she can already see their fate.

@sushiroll17 Good news! I've been watching the drama on a Vietnamese drama site and it's dubbed in Vietnamese so episodes 1-6 are so much more clearer to me! So if you have any questions let me know! The Jade Lady, I guess has her reasons for being uptight, cold and adamant about following the formal policies/rules of the world. She is BF with Qingmo's mom. Sounds like they had a fall out and haven't seen each other in years. Jade Lady does miss Qingmo's mom very much and often wonders if Qingmo mom is happy. I'm not quite really clear but I get the feeling she cares about the King of Shen Nong Tribe. She was real disappointed when the princess, Chi Yun and general were the only 3 that came to represent the Shen Nong Tribe.

@TramH Oh, I see. I didn't think the Jade Lady was being too harsh. Mu Qingmo confessed to stealing a guarded treasure. If it was someone else, the punishment would have been harsher than being grounded for 5 years. And she gave Chi Yun so many chances to stop. Lady Jade seems super supportive of them at the end of episode 7. She thinks to herself something like If Qingmo and Sheng Lun marriage is king's will, then I hope that Qingmo and Chi Yun's relationship is heaven's will/fate.  The king's will is difficult to go against, but heaven's will cant be violated. 

As much as I like Chi Yun's placing Mu Qingmo as his first priority, it seemed foolhardy and reckless to keep trying and hurting himself badly when he could have gone back later to sneak in. I watched up to episode 18 and it seems like Mu Qingmo has grown up, but while Chi Yun is usually super capable and clever, his intelligence drops to puppy level when it comes Mu QIngmo

1 hour ago, fuyukoneko said:

@TramH Oh, I see. I didn't think the Jade Lady was being too harsh. Mu Qingmo confessed to stealing a guarded treasure. If it was someone else, the punishment would have been harsher than being grounded for 5 years. And she gave Chi Yun so many chances to stop. Lady Jade seems super supportive of them at the end of episode 7. She thinks to herself something like If Qingmo and Sheng Lun marriage is king's will, then I hope that Qingmo and Chi Yun's relationship is heaven's will/fate.  The king's will is difficult to go against, but heaven's will cant be violated. 

As much as I like Chi Yun's placing Mu Qingmo as his first priority, it seemed foolhardy and reckless to keep trying and hurting himself badly when he could have gone back later to sneak in. I watched up to episode 18 and it seems like Mu Qingmo has grown up, but while Chi Yun is usually super capable and clever, his intelligence drops to puppy level when it comes Mu QIngmo

@fuyukoneko Chi Yun is so head over heels with Qingmo sometimes it can be a bit much. I guess that must be the beast side of him being so loyal and committed to her. I guess if someone jumped in front of a huge powerful blazing fire to save my life, I might fall deeply in love with that person too! Hehehe!

I've only watched up to episode 12 but don't you think the eldest princess of Shen Nong Tribe, Yun Sang, could have just told the general of Ling Yun kingdom, Jing Shi, who she really was to save all the hardship? The poor general looked miserable for a little misunderstanding that could have been communicated a lot earlier. I know...it's a drama and love is not without complications...lol!

Btw, when Lady Jade was watching Qingmo playing in the garden palace area, as she looked at Qingmo, she silently was thinking about how Qingmo's mother was doing and was she really happy with the person she chose to be with? Did you catch why she was wondering this after watching more episodes?

@TramH Yes, definitely! It was such unnecessary angst.

I think Lady Jade was wondering if Qingmo's mother was still happy with her choice of marrying Qingmo's father.  In episode 10, King of Xuan Mu's has flashback of when he, Qingmo's mother, and Lady Jade were younger and they swore they would be together forever, but then Qingmo's mother ran off to marry Qingmo's dad and King of Xuan Mu also married someone and Lady Jade was in love with him. Its not clear if she became Lady of Jade Mountain because he married someone else or for other reasons.

23 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

@TramH Yes, definitely! It was such unnecessary angst.

I think Lady Jade was wondering if Qingmo's mother was still happy with her choice of marrying Qingmo's father.  In episode 10, King of Xuan Mu's has flashback of when he, Qingmo's mother, and Lady Jade were younger and they swore they would be together forever, but then Qingmo's mother ran off to marry Qingmo's dad and King of Xuan Mu also married someone and Lady Jade was in love with him. Its not clear if she became Lady of Jade Mountain because he married someone else or for other reasons.

@fuyukoneko I knew there was some kind of love triangle going on! Hmm... I wonder if Lady Jade had to do something with Qingmo's mom marrying Qingmo's dad instead of being with King of Xuan Mu. Lady Jade seems like she carries a lot of regret and sadness.

I was curious do you speak and understand Mandarin?

Archived