[Drama 2016] Don't Dare to Dream (Jealousy Incarnate) 질투의 화신

Go Seung Ji

When did Go Kyung Pyo suddenly look so good? And his shoulders so broad?  When did he suddenly look so suave? And sharp? And swoon- worthy?

Crap man.

I stepped into this blind. My current modus operandi for new Kdramas. Don't read spoilers and don't watch trailers. And see what grabs my attention. 

Am recovering from ep 1 and 2.  Might rewatch it again  * BIG grin * for you- know- who.  Considering I usually watch all of JJS dramas and that's why I started- am surprised at myself.

Oh heck... let's just start 2nd lead shipping early.

And while I am at it, admire GHJ's legs again. 

I don't know what I expected starting this. And to be honest the male lead's character threw me for a loop. But heck if I can't watch endless repeats of GJP smiling.  * swoons some more  * and I didn't have any reaction to his character in Reply 1988. I think both he and Joo Hwan ( correct spelling? for the other character ) are such good actors.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 2 was definitely better! Still doubtful whether JJS would be able to meet the quirky in GHJ, but let's see.I do find the secondary story line a bit redundant, as that whole mess regarding two wives, one daughter and two guys around her, what's the case with LHS's brother? :S 

* Oh and I also love the subdued tone of the whole drama. It's more like the story's already telling us not to expect anything overly dramatic or exaggerated.

Helloooooooooo!

How are you all today? I'm good, thank you.

I'm in love with this drama. I laughed and enjoyed it so much. I'm refraining myself from watching it again *cough touch-touch scenes cough* 

spread the love 

https://mynewpersona.wordpress.com/2016/08/25/jealousy-incarnate-episode-1/

https://mynewpersona.wordpress.com/2016/08/26/jealousy-incarnate-episode-2/

From the announcer interview, NaRi was never told the score when she didnt make the cut and in Ep2 we saw how her announcer competition from interview were having some background power enough to bring down someone. Is it going where I think its going?

hi guys..

just wathched the 2nd ep with subs and i really like this drama..

i was a bit bothered with all that chest touching and that thai bar scene... didn't understand what was the purpose of it...

the 2nd ep was better.. loved the characters, GHJ has so much chemistry with all her co-actors... 

i got a little 'na ri has breast cancer vibe from the preview for ep 3 with all that "it's going to ger even smaller.. should date while i still can" and her wearing what looks like a hospital uniform at the the hospital and holding what looks like a bag with clothes for a longer stay..

i may be wrong.. i HOPE i'm wrong... 

i guess we'll see next week.. can't wait!!

Ths show was hilarious.. when jjs thnk ghj already leaves thn her hand touches his kaseumi from back i was shouted like crazy

Lol. 

this show Is rom comedy and i can accept all of their joke and all. Their cinema and camera angle are in unique way. I never saw korean drama like this. The vintage (is it right) was distrubting me at first but now i gt used to it. :D

My friend and i already waiting for the 3rd eps ... cant wait anymore !

9 hours ago, klouvios said:

Just finished watching the first episode. Very entertaining. I have to study a little on the relationships.....who is whose wife, child, ex wife...........hahaha. Oh the writer!!! 

I am going to watch the second episode.

Again (after w) im not tht clever and it was hard to me to catches even there are english subtitle *sigh*. English is also not my mother tongue and i barely cn speaks and write english a bit.

I need my friends to do the correct meaning of the translation. Their dialogue is very fast for me. even my friends already told me She is her mother, tht one is ahjumma , she were his wife but got divorse....  but still i gt confused. 

Lets learn their relation together! :lol: 

42 minutes ago, Rin90 said:

Again (after w) im not tht clever and it was hard to me to catches even there are english subtitle *sigh*. English is also not my mother tongue and i barely cn speaks and write english a bit.

I need my friends to do the correct meaning of the translation. Their dialogue is very fast for me. even my friends already told me She is her mother, tht one is ahjumma , she were his wife but got divorse....  but still i gt confused. 

Lets learn their relation together! :lol: 

What I got from the 2nd episode was that the brother married the first wife (against the protagonist wishes), something happened along the way which made them separate and a little girl lost her mom. Either the mom (first wife) refused to see her after he got custody of the daughter, or the brothers prohibited them from seeing each other. 

Then we get the second wife, which the protagonist praises and is very happy that the little girl will now have a mother he approves. Years pass and the protagonist uncovers the switching of the meat (scam) the brother did, making him bankrupt. This made the relationship with the second wife dissolve and the brother left alone with the little girl. The protagonist packet his bags and left the country, leaving his brother to pick up the pieces by himself (which he couldn't). 

The mother (first wife) is waiting for the daughter to reach the adult age (somewhere in high school) so that she can take care of her. This seemed to suggest the brothers are the cause the relationship between mother/daughter dissolved.

This might imply than in Korea the father takes automatic custody of the children on a divorce.  Otherwise, they needed to prove something horrible about the mother for the judge to give custody of the daughter to the father.

Ok I'm hooked! This drama is so refreshing and beautifully filmed (just like a 90' old movies). The characters are so different from the usual standard Kdrama. Love GHJ and JJS chemistry. I was reluctant to start with this drama, but I'm so glad I did! The teasers were so misleading for me, they didnt do a good job of showing how unique this drama is. Can't wait for ep 3 :).

58 minutes ago, Diana Blake said:

I didn't mind the man boob touching because I knew right away her intentions by the way she was touching them. You could see she was really concern and the fact both her mom and grandmother died of it.

We know the intentions of the writer and where she want it to lead to, but by having a reason and good intentions does not justify of having the right to touch someone without their permission. If you think about it, if a man thinks that a woman might have breast cancer, and he starts touching/groping her many time after she said no, would we still think it's funny? Would we still laugh at it? We would automatically call it sexual harassment but because this is a woman touching a man, it is deem as normal and acceptable (& that's not right). Double standards. I know this is a drama. It's going to be dramatic, but I just can't let that slide without saying anything. 

Those scenes are the only parts that bothered me the most. Besides that, I do think the drama will turn out well. Episode 2 is definitely better. Everything is starting to fall in place as we slowly understand all of the character's connection to each other. 

ok done with ep2.

in ep2 we solve the breast touching issue....thank you for not dragging it to another touching session

in ep2 we saw that nari said "i have done the report" about weather, so we know they not blindly read the weather report. they do it, like someone in the comment said that their works are not like potray in the drama but we also do analysis etc2.....glad that in ep2 we have that part.

in ep2 we saw the potential office politics, good background promise you announcer position.

so i hope that pyonari will stick to weather caster job and together with leehwashin n help from gojungwon to improve working condition of weather caster. 

ahh..in ep2 they tone down the yellow filter too.thank you~~~~~

Spoiler

@sawdust i think hwashin bar scene is related to hwashin-director scene, that he never contact hwashin for 3years while he in thailand. it maybe related to the racism issue towards southeast asian in korea.

Oh boy, I think I've finally found a winner since it's been awhile, what with the Olympics and summer.  I've re-watched this again because the chemistry sizzles and there is so much cuteness amongst the cast.  I even like the secondary male actor and that is very rare for me. The skinship between the two main actors remind me of Master's Sun and how PNR can't help herself because she just has such a big heart.  

I dare you to watch this and tell me you don't like it!

Archived