[Drama 2016] Don't Dare to Dream (Jealousy Incarnate) 질투의 화신

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was I the only one bothered by Na Ri repeatedly fondling Hwa Shin's man-boobs?

Once = may be funny for some people. Twice = immature, but okay, the writers ran out of ideas. Scene after scene of awkward boob fondling = Annoying AF and distasteful.

I personally don't find this type of 'humor' funny to begin with, but to see them using the boob-touching again and again was mind-boggling. WE GOT THE POINT THE FIRST TIME, NO NEED TO HAMMER IT IN 12123123124 TIMES THEREAFTER. Talk about double standards of sexual harassment in k-drama. Ugh.

I didn't very much like Na Ri's pushover and overly naive character from the beginning, but her obsession w/ feeling Hwa Shin's boobs didn't seem to do her any favors. I mean, you're a grown woman, Na Ri. I know you're scared for Hwa Shin's breast cancer diagnosis (!?!?!?!?!?!) but please, i hope you can keep your hands to yourself until it's consensual.

1 hour ago, sawdust said:

Was I the only one bothered by Na Ri repeatedly fondling Hwa Shin's man-boobs?

Once = may be funny for some people. Twice = immature, but okay, the writers ran out of ideas. Scene after scene of awkward boob fondling = Annoying AF and distasteful.

I personally don't find this type of 'humor' funny to begin with, but to see them using the boob-touching again and again was mind-boggling. WE GOT THE POINT THE FIRST TIME, NO NEED TO HAMMER IT IN 12123123124 TIMES THEREAFTER. Talk about double standards of sexual harassment in k-drama. Ugh.

I didn't very much like Na Ri's pushover and overly naive character from the beginning, but her obsession w/ feeling Hwa Shin's boobs didn't seem to do her any favors. I mean, you're a grown woman, Na Ri. I know you're scared for Hwa Shin's breast cancer diagnosis (!?!?!?!?!?!) but please, i hope you can keep your hands to yourself until it's consensual.

I AGREE WITH YOU IN THAT.  BOOB-TOUCHING AGAIN AND AGAIN WAS KINDA GROSS AND SHE TURNS OUT LOOKING LIKE A PERVERT. NOT FUNNY ANYMORE. WRITERNIM SHOULD COME TO HER SENSES. :vicx: WASTE OF TALENT FOR THE LEADS. ANYWAYS, STILL KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR THE SECOND EPISODE TO BE WORTH THE WATCH. :mellow:

(Note: Just my personal opinion) I also wish that the writer would stop making Nari touch/grab his chest. It's not funny and like he said, that's sexual harassment. I get what the writer is trying to aim for (Nari is worry that he might have breast cancer) but I don't like that kind of humor. It is double standard, if a man did that to a woman, would it be okay at all?? 

Other than that, I think the drama will get better. I'm interested in the scenes where Gong Hyo Jin is with her brother and the high school kids story seems interesting too. Everyone is connected in a way! I'm hoping ep 2 will be better :) 

Here's the clip of SBC recruitment video lol

[Spoilers] Jealousy Incarnate (Pilot)

1472047346437_99_20160824230407.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-24%2Bat%2B2.42.11%2BPM.png
Xports News - Naver: 'Jealousy Incarnate', Jo Jung Seok♥ Gong Hyo Jin♥ Go Kyung Pyo, birth of two-timing romance

1. [+3,933, -210] The animation at the start ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋOronamin C and Pyo Nari doubting if he has breast cancer ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Jo Jung Seok's line delivery is daebak, this drama is fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+2,882, -200] Funny drama, I like it ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+2,571, -180] Jo Jung Seok's Oronaminㅋㅋㅋㅋ Fun drama

4. [+2,222, -213] Fun fun fun! Every character is awesome. Solid script, directing and acting! I'll watch tomorrow's episode too ㅎㅎ

5. [+1,887, -182] This drama is really fun!!!

6. [+635, -61] This is one eccentric drama. I wonder why Jo Jung Seok and Gong Hyo Jin chose it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ So fresh

7. [+530, -46] Why is Jo Jung Seok so cute when he's mad? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I can't stop smiling

8. [+521, -48] Tomorrow will be way more interestingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Jo Jung Seok is funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+454, -40] Jo Jung Seok is super funny in this dramaㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

20160824_1472045489_46125300_1_99_20160824225704.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-24%2Bat%2B7.51.48%2BPM.png

tv Report - Naver: 'Jealousy Incarnate', Gong Hyo Jin falls for Go Kyung Pyo at first sight...sit next to each other for Bangkok flight 

1. [+1,277, -65] Jo Jung Seok's been good at fast and sticky way of talking ever since he played Napdeukkie. Why's he so good at cursing? ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+879, -46] Went overboard with the filters. It looks like a music video

3. [+894, -54] I just wanna wipe off the foggy effect on the screenㅋ

4. [+751, -70] The beginning was fun but the story got complicated toward the end and the foggy filter effect is frustrating

201608242304016237551_20160824230444_01.jpg

Herald Pop - Nate: 'Jealousy Incarnate', Jo Jung Seok,why can't you say you liked it... tsundere

1. [+223, -16] All of Gong Hyo Jin's dramas are unusually entertaining

2. [+210, -6] It's been so long since I watched a lighthearted and uplifting dramaㅎ You can trust Jo Jung Seok

3. [+187, -25] I wish more mini series are like this. It's really fun. Enough with dramas with characters in doctor's gown or hanbok

4. [+34, -1] It reminded me of 'Youths Over Flowers' the moment I saw Jung Sang Hoon, Jo Jung Seok and Go Kyung Pyo, not to mentioned they filmed in Bangkok ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+28, -4] I hope they tone down the filters just a bit, the screen is too yellowㅠㅠ Apart from that, this drama knocks it out of the park

6. [+20, 0] As expected from Gong Hyo Jin's rom coms. At the surface, it seems like her characters are all similar but once you get to it, it's her expressions and details in her acting that give them individuality

Yeah the chest grabbing got a bit repetitive...and at one point I was embarrassed whether anyone caught me watching those scenes lol.I just wish this trope does't get dragged for too long.But I do think this writer always has a story in mind like her previous dramas..pasta or miss Korea..especially the latter one is quite funny and clever..

So for now it seems there are too many stories kind of being shoved into one episode..but it all might be missing clues which gets connected later on. Also GKP looking suave!...Maybe this is the first time he's acting his true self..unlike the naive characters he plays most of the time.

What kind pf broadcast station tells a weather girl to stick her but out and chest up. What that has to do with 90 degree weather.. It would have been better if they stuck a bikini on her and told her to go for it have her dress according to the weather..  

49 minutes ago, valsava said:

What kind pf broadcast station tells a weather girl to stick her but out and chest up. What that has to do with 90 degree weather.. It would have been better if they stuck a bikini on her and told her to go for it have her dress according to the weather..  

I haven't watched the first episode yet but reading your comment reminds me of Moon Chae Won's movie with Lee Seung Gi...i forgot the title but yeah...it's so similar...MCW was a weather broadcaster too and she wears mini bodycon dress revealing too much of her skin...

i agree on tune down the filter..or whatever the name..the color tone is too warm, some part cannot differentiate between current scene and flashback scene....

and if someone can explain to me, why lee hwashin suddenly mad at bambam in the bar about the white shirt. thank you =)

6 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

i agree on tune down the filter..or whatever the name..the color tone is too warm, some part cannot differentiate between current scene and flashback scene....

and if someone can explain to me, why lee hwashin suddenly mad at bambam in the bar about the white shirt. thank you =)

JJS:: Hey, I like your shirt, And your gal is hot, Why dont you let me have them"

BB: What's with this jerk?

JJS:: Pretty gals like her are common, but that shirt are last yr's limited edition.. How much do you want?

BB: Common? Did you say my Gf is Common?

JJS: The shirt look best if you have nice pecks that create the "M".. Guys dress shirt are all about the chest, If you dont have a chest you shouldnt wear dress shirt, esp in white

BB: Shut your crap

JJS:  I'll give you a third of what you paid for it"

BB: What? Say that again?

JJS: Its been worn,

BB: Not three times

JJS: Are you angry bcoz i didnt offer more? *Asking BB gal* Are you dating a poor guy?

BB: *Giv a punch* Psycho

©FranCella

:lol::lol::lol:

Finally watched EP 1, laughed when she grabbed his  man-boob the first time, smiled the second time, gave a complete straight and annoyed face the third time. No no honey, grabbing once is enough to know if he has a lump to indicate cancer but continuously is...well...we all know. 

So far, Ep 1 was OK and I hope Ep2 gets better. 

Ep 2 preview was interesting, Ep 1 had excess moob groping and the one in the middle of traffic was absolutely stupid, they could have died before his possible cancer kicked in. This is overall giving me the greatest love kind of feeling, still a bit early to tell maybe.  

4 hours ago, necyhey_stv said:

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/08/weather-forecasters-are-angered-by-gong-hyo-jins-character-in-incarnation-of-jealousy

i afraid this will affect the storyline of the drama.. but yeah i admit that the way they potray the weather forecaster in this drama is quite 'not so good'. i hope this will not affect the rating.

Honestly may be the actors even don't know what they're signing for, when they decide to do a project, and for Gong it was a spontaneous choice being made,as she has already been part of the writer's previous projects. Sometimes it's all just plain luck, either it's a hit or miss, can't escape that. Even on worse kind of dramas actors try to give their best,it's just in that case the outcome don't click as much as in a good project.

helloes! new to this thread

i just finished watching episode 1 and got hooked

i love the hilarity in episode 1 which is sometimes and other times OTT but in a good way

GHJ is  her usual self and i love how she does it everytime.

JJS... what more can i say, amazing performance, the rude, full of himself arrogrant who at times look at her sideways hehehe

and GYP, ack so handsome!!!

@kentangbakar and @cutie_let_let

Thanks for bringing this up! I really didn't get the point of Hwa Shin's nightclub scene in Ep. 1. If the writers were trying to emphasize Hwa Shin's character/personality, the scene/dialogue was WAYYYYY too long and awkward/cringeworthy. If they were trying to increase Bam Bam's screen time, please give actors lines that aren't repetitive or absolutely pointless. I'm sure Bam Bam's got better things to do...

I know it's too early to judge the quality of the drama, but Ep. 1 was personally pretty disappointing. Maybe I'd set my expectations too high b/c of the cast, but the writing was blegh... Hopefully, Ep. 2 will change my views.

Archived