[OFFICIAL] Park Hae Jin x Kim Go Eun aka JungSeol Couple

mgicc

HOLY SHEET @MrsSoJiSub IS HEREEEEEE ~ WELCOMEEE :heart: I always love reading your novel-like posts so I'm super stoked that you've come to join us in this OTP hell hole. I still stand by my opinion that it's gonna be JxS or Seol ends up alone and since this isnt the reply series and the PD has been following the webtoon pretty faithfully I have no reason to believe that they'll pull a '88 on us. Plus, PHJ is the main male lead, who's way more established and popular than SKJ (sorry SKJ i i really like u too but thats the truth)! Theres no way PHJ is gonna lose the girl to SKJ, so you dont have to second guess yourself so much... Just keep the faith! :D 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG you guys are awesome, thank you so much for clearing my doubt. I still think it doesn't make sense if KGE wore a couple ring on film set, she even let PHJ touched that ring when filming the scene in Seol's house. Now though I can't be sure 100% if that's a couple ring or just simply her style but I decided to go with the ship no matter what. The signs of flirtation between these 2 are just too obvious to ignore.

Those stupid rings are malicious, it made me feel uncomfortable the whole day, what an evil ring, just like Sauron's ring . Reading your replies made me feel relieved somehow, please keep supporting this ship :heart:

i wouldn't believe that the ring she's wearing in the drama is a 'couple ring'.In fact, how can PHJxKGE still getting touchy in the bts with the fact that she's still dating! Even if it's true that she's still dating, they must have some kind of sunbae-hoobae relationship but the truth is they are really comfortable with each other and they also speak informally. Morever, they must be awkward as PHJ had stated in his past interview that KGE is his ideal type and KGE will also put herself distance away from PHJ.At the presscon, if PHJ is really aware with KGE 'dating' status, he wouldn't dare to answer "i will think about it when im in korea" when the director pointed them to start dating or get married.
It must has been awkward for KGE especially if really she's still dating. THAT'S WHY, I STILL BELIEVE IN MY INSTINCT AND ALSO WITH THEIR CLOSE INTERACTION, THE FACT THAT SHE IS SINGLE!

@kismetfate «And yess I agree @mgiccthat the hand gesture when they scrub their nose together is so really hard to dismiss as nothing. I mean I dont know, and before that, PHJ seems to touch her hand under the table, the gesture looked like that.»

Where is that scene? How could i have missed it?

1 hour ago, kismetfate said:

It seems that I'm late to the party *blame the weekend*

Okay, I want to share my opiniom regarding shipping reel couple to be real couple

I was or maybe I still am an avid shipper of RK since first Twilight movie (Robert Kristen) *yeah I know that they are broke up and it destroys me like literally*  in 2008, Kris still had a bf and he always came to join her even when she was filming or did press con or movie premieres. And also in some occasions, Rob stated that he is her fan since he saw her movie (Into The Wild) and he said that she is like a dream girl. Based from their interview and their press con etc especially Comic Con 2008, Rob had no shame to show her that he liked her, really guys, this guys really had balls. And you know what Kris's reaction? She clearly didn't act cold toward him, she was so awkwardly cute like she knew that Rob liked her "but what should I do? I have bf but but but..." and finally on 2009 they started dating, Kris broke ip with her bf. Maybe bcs she couldn't hold any longer her attraction towards Rob and how aggresive Rob towards her.

That said, if KGE has bf, and she acts like that, it is NO DOUBT she found something in PHJ that makes her acts like that. Furthermore, she is his hoobae in Industry, and PHJ is her sunbae, she should act more formal but still friendly, not like the BTSs show us.

And if PHJ knows that she has bf but still acts like that, it means HE REALLY LIKES HER. Or if in this case KGE is single, well PHJ wants to be closer with her. Either way, is it good right?

I believe that if someone meant to be together with someone, no matter how impossible how hard or how unfit the situations are, they will end up together. Not just right away but maybe later, one or two years.

And for the ring case, would you guys help me find photos of KGE in wrap up party? Did she wear that ring or not?

For some people, history of their life is the important thing. I believe that KGE dated BYH, but I'm not sure they still together or not. And sometimes people keep their past from  a tokens. And sometimes it's not mean anything like she still love him or etc, but maybe she respect their history.    History being made for people to look forward not look backward 

And yess I agree @mgiccthat the hand gesture when they scrub their nose together is so really hard to dismiss as nothing. I mean I dont know, and before that, PHJ seems to touch her hand under the table, the gesture looked like that.

This is the photo that KGE were in wrap up party .Still the same that she always wear.

oQnGia4.jpg

Helooo, thank you so much for creating this thread. I have always been a lurker in CITT forum, but now that I see this thread, I just have to create an account lol.

Anyway, this couple is so loveeeely, not just as JungxSeol, but also PHJxKGE too. I ship them by heart.

Some people expressed wonder as to why they can be so close and playful despite their age gap, I think that's because they have to act as a couple with only few years difference. You can tell from their BTSs that they call each other by their character's name, not their real name. The crew also called them by their character's name. If you had watched BTS from ep 1, you can see that KGE also called Nam Joo-hyuk, Eun-tak. This is done so they can synchronize better to their role. Which is why PHJ and KGE act like a real couple even when off-cam, like using banmal, being flirty and calling each other the same way as in the story (yes, KGE called PHJ, "sunbae". Remember the head-bumping scene? It seemed natural because that's just how she called him). Fortunately for us, it has become a habit, and we all know old habit dies hard B)

This is just my opinion, but from my observation based on the BTSs and interviews, I think it's safe to assume that PHJ is infatuated by her. Starting from his first impression on her in 2014, to when he suggested KGE to PD-nim and till now. KGE, on the other hand seems flattered and comfortable enough with him. I just know when he posted an IG pic with caption "Have started missing my dongsaengs..." he actually meant a certain someone lol. And yes, I think he has her contact number, based on his reaction from the wishing event, "I'll let her know about your wish".

2 hours ago, kismetfate said:

Found this interesting article about BYH (I stalked his ig, and I notice that he always wear a rinv in his middle finger, and we assume that is the couple ring, but here is his answer)

Q; The ring you wear at your middle finger is something that stands out in your pictures.

A:The ring you wear at your middle finger is something that stands out in your pictures.

It’s a gift to myself. It was a treat to myself after I had accomplished some manual work when I was going through a hard time. I got rid of all my previous rings and I bought this one that meant to me “let’s work hard at acting”. It’s a promise and a resolution I made to myself.It’s a gift to myself.

If you want to read it between the lines, go ahead but if you want to read like it is what is, it's your choice too chingus :)

Thank you so much for this. It all makes sense now. It seems that KGE and BYH once dated and he bought those rings to remind them to focus more on their acting career over anything else. Hence, KGE didn't remove the rings, more like out of promise rather than out of love. Which is also why BYH said "Let's pray to god" (So they will suceed) in their breaking up message. The rings are their reminder to the reason why they had to split. I don't remember her wearing those rings as Eun-gyo in a Muse, CMIIW though, they might still be dating at that time.

So yeah, I think PHJ still has a chance. As for the article where he stated that he's going to marry his ex, I think it's because he really wants to get married and build a family by the time he's 35. I remember he mentioned in his interview that he sees a relationship as a one-chance only and if it didn't work, there will be no guarantee that she won't leave him again. So, he probably thinks of his marriage promise as more like an obligation than out of love. Really, he shouldn't be worried about such stuff and just pursue KGE before it's all too late :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, elynoar said:

This is just my opinion, but from my observation based on the BTSs and interviews, I think it's safe to assume that PHJ is infatuated by her. Starting from his first impression on her in 2014, to when he suggested KGE to PD-nim and till now. KGE, on the other hand seems flattered and comfortable enough with him. I just know when he posted an IG pic with caption "Have started missing my dongsaengs..." he actually meant a certain someone lol. And yes, I think he has her contact number, based on his reaction from the wishing event, "I'll let her know about your wish".

I'm loving this ship so much! Oh this is great @elynoar! where is this IG pic with caption "Have started missing my dongsaengs" ? Thank you so much in advance... :)

@sashalove  The IG post is here:

The translation is somewhere on this page http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/347417-current-drama-2016-cheese-in-the-trap-치즈-인-더-트랩-mon-tues-11pm-kst/?page=184

You're welcome ^_^

@mgicc Haha probably just a rumor. I read it somewhere on Chinese forum and someone mentioned that. They didn't give the source to the rumor, only commented that the PD-nim's insistence is fishy lol. Take it with a grain of salt.

@elynoar thanks for the reply! i guessed as much since ive seen similar unsubstantiated comments by overzealous shippers. I really dont think he recommended KGE at all since they didnt really know each other then. Oh well. Btw how does sunbae usually address seol? Does he normally use banmal or formal speech? All the nuances are lost on me due to my lack of korean knowledge ): 

@mgicc Well, I just thought that it could be true since PD-nim wasn't that persistence towards Suzy, going as far as re-scheduling everything for KGE. If this isn't true, then it just means that they're brought together by fate to work on this drama lol.

I think he uses banmal on her, calling her Seol-ah or Hong Seol. It's also in selca BTS, he said "What are you doing? Let me see...Seol-ah". The only time he uses formal language to her is when he called her "Hong Seol-ssi"

Edit:
Whoops... I re-watched and he only said, "What are you doing? ...Seol-ah"

5 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I ship these two sooo hard (both in the webtoon and the drama) and want to live in this thread and just gosh and gosh and gosh about their chemistry (oh my gosh the way that the two look at each other. I love the moments where they don't talk but just look at each other) and their talks (I melt into a puddle of goo whenever they talk to each other. it's the way they are in tune with each other and they listen and they connect) and the hugs (I was a grinning fool during ep 9 waterfront scene :D they both hugged each other so tightly and neither one wanted to let go) and so many other things. But, I am legitimately scared to do so. The last ship I shipped so hard broke me. I am scared (as dumb as it will sound) that if I go all in on shipping them like I want to, I shall jinx them :tears:

I'm not worried about Inho. The only thing I'm afraid of is the ending where Seol ended up alone. She might fix Jung's relationship with Inho and his father but then they decided to go separate ways. Inho became a pianist, going overseas and Inha probably became a fashion designer of sort. As for the main couple, Jung learns to forgive thanks to Seol and move on while Seol is seen interning on a different company, using her own ability, probably moving on as well. This is the only realistic ending that I could think of, but then I will be extremely sad... I want them to end up together.

Or the cliched ending where Jung has to go overseas and both saying farewell in the airport. Hope these won't happen :(

Thankyou chingu for the photos, well come to think of it, I start to believe that that ring just reminder for what they want to become and what they will achieve to do a better person. Yes, they know they are no longer a couple but they still close friend etc, and I think they want to respect their past with wearing it but with different meaning. But who am I to judge? I dont know them, I'm just trying put things into their perspective. And in the same article, BYH also said that he is indeed a very loyal person when it comes to love. Loyal according him is you try your best until the end. But if things still don't work out, loyal also means try to accept and let it go.

I dont know why, but I have feeling that he talked about his relationship with KGE.

So I think he is no longer her bf but still her bestfriend. Because some actress I forget her name, said in recent intrview that she, KGE, BYH, and Suho are really close friends even they have group on messenger app.

Sorry if I 'm still talking about BYH hehe bcs I want to put myself at ease, so I thought about it like million times and try to be objective bcs man, I'm really afraid that they are still together and I try to convince myself that my ship still going steady :D

Okay, so now I want to talk about KGE ideal type. She said that she likes someone wih a nice smile and cool gaze or deep eyes or something like that right? IMO, BYH far from those *this is my opinion, you can blame me, I'm sorry, I'm not being disrespectful* and PHJ is more suitable to those.

Gaah, but shipping couple could be entertaining but sometimes also tiring especially couple from South K. They are so strict with whos dating who. I shipped 3 couples from South K. And only one couple end up with promising future even both parties denied it.

I really hope that PHJ and KGE in the future will have a project or more together again. Like KSH and JJH, or JS and HJM.

Argh! I seriously hate Soompi sometimes! Why is it such a pain to post or reply to a message. Ain't nobody got time for that!

anyway, what rubbing nose scene are we talking chingus? Could you please fill me in?

thank you all for y'all insights. This thread is moving steadily. Hehehe. 

Citt is moving super fast and certain individuals are taking things way too serious, so I've been camping here instead of there. Hehehe. 

7 hours ago, elynoar said:

@mgicc Well, I just thought that it could be true since PD-nim wasn't that persistence towards Suzy, going as far as re-scheduling everything for KGE. If this isn't true, then it just means that they're brought together by fate to work on this drama lol.

I think he uses banmal on her, calling her Seol-ah or Hong Seol. It's also in selca BTS, he said "What are you doing? Let me see...Seol-ah". The only time he uses formal language to her is when he called her "Hong Seol-ssi"

Edit:

I'm not worried about Inho. The only thing I'm afraid of is the ending where Seol ended up alone. She might fix Jung's relationship with Inho and his father but then they decided to go separate ways. Inho became a pianist, going overseas and Inha probably became a fashion designer of sort. As for the main couple, Jung learns to forgive thanks to Seol and move on while Seol is seen interning on a different company, using her own ability, probably moving on as well. This is the only realistic ending that I could think of, but then I will be extremely sad... I want them to end up together.

Or the cliched ending where Jung has to go overseas and both saying farewell in the airport. Hope these won't happen :(

Edit:

Edit:

Edit:

1 hour ago, annypooh said:

Argh! I seriously hate Soompi sometimes! Why is it such a pain to post or reply to a message. Ain't nobody got time for that!

anyway, what rubbing nose scene are we talking chingus? Could you please fill me in?

thank you all for y'all insights. This thread is moving steadily. Hehehe. 

Citt is moving super fast and certain individuals are taking things way too serious, so I've been camping here instead of there. Hehehe. 

I would also like to know which scene. I do not remember having seen the said scene.

I hate when soompi error like this. 

Talking about the ending and you mentioned airport, suddenly I had this random thingking that maybe for years later they will reconcile on the airport when Jung comes back from his study in abroad? Bcs I think it would be more sense that Jung in some point decide to study abroad. 

And happy lunar new year for chingus who celebrate it, greeting from Indonesia :D

Btw, what is that link chingu? I can't open it? And what happened with drama thread? Care to enlighten me? But if that will cause problem, better I stay in the dark :D

And about rubbing nose gesture, chingus could look at it on video press con after PHJ said "I'll think about it when I'm in Korea" you could see that KGE like "what? Me?" And then PHJ said "Anniya *or something like that :D * and they both smiling. First KGE who did that rubbing nose and then PHJ. Like they both shy and reflect doing something similar 

5 hours ago, kismetfate said:

And about rubbing nose gesture, chingus could look at it on video press con after PHJ said "I'll think about it when I'm in Korea" you could see that KGE like "what? Me?" And then PHJ said "Anniya *or something like that :D * and they both smiling. First KGE who did that rubbing nose and then PHJ. Like they both shy and reflect doing something similar 

Thank you for the info. I hadn't noticed it.

@mgicc @elynoar Even though both PHJ and KGE adress each other with their charater names, i noticed that KGE use banmal with PHJ (when not shooting) whereas Seol use jundemal with YJ.

Archived