[OFFICIAL] Park Hae Jin x Kim Go Eun aka JungSeol Couple

mgicc

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, GrandPoopBah said:

Hi, so I've read a lot of posters bring up water sipping by PHJ as an indicator of some sort of emotional reaction to questions being asked regarding KGE.  What I'm wondering is what does that body language actually indicate: embarrassment, excitement, shyness, fear (of being found out)?  I'm just curious... and getting curiouser and curiouser. :) 

actually when someone is  facing something that stirs with  emotions the person tends to drink water as a form of relaxation, concentration and a way of coping with their emotions. It's common and usual. It depends the situation you're facing. That's why i read that he's embaressed and shy and has something to hide

1 hour ago, GrandPoopBah said:

Hi, so I've read a lot of posters bring up water sipping by PHJ as an indicator of some sort of emotional reaction to questions being asked regarding KGE.  What I'm wondering is what does that body language actually indicate: embarrassment, excitement, shyness, fear (of being found out)?  I'm just curious... and getting curiouser and curiouser. :) 

Oh are we delving into psychology now? : D Wish there was a body language expert who can offer their theories on this issue.

There was a question on reddit (What does drinking water indicate while talking to a group of people?) and a commenter's response seems to apply with respect to the question you have:

"It could be anything:

1. He drinks water as a stall to gather his thoughts.
  2. He drinks water because his mouth is dry because he is not a fan of public speaking
  3. He drinks water as a relaxing action
  4. He has a cold and is trying to combat dehydration
  5. He's super thirsty
  6. He uses it as a gesture of dominance

I'd guess his upsetting point was a big one, and he drank to fill a pregnant pause he wanted to use an accent to the point, give everyone a couple extra seconds to let it sink in.... But it could be anything on the list.

you can't ever just say "someone did this weird thing" and say "it definitively means this about him." It's always about the whole picture."

Also @kara_mella AHHH KMHM was so great! Welcome to this thread~

@mgiccI did see the reddit post you mentioned but nothing there says "I'm drinking water because my heart thirsts for KGE."  Hehe, maybe I was looking for someone to give me that kind of psychological analysis of PHJ.  This lack of new CitT episode is definitely playing tricks on my mind and sanity... the thirst is real!  Okay, you guys official have a nut (me) on your ship.

I am re-reading some of s3 of the webtoon and our OTP is flawless and have come so far in their relationship from what they had in the past. How anyone does not know or believe that these two are endgame and meant to be, baffles me tbvh. They really do complete each other 

Spoiler

I am reading s3 chapter 101 where Seol has come home from the hospital and in the night was sleep/dreaming/flashback of her and Jung in the past and some misunderstanding where they were getting closer to each other and both did like/notice each other, but those two idiots.  There was a distance again in the end because of miscommunication and a misunderstanding. Anyway the flashback ends in the present and it's late at night and Seol opens her eyes and thinks she sees Jung holding her hand but then it could have been a dream and she goes back to sleep. But the next morning she sees medicine by her bed side and comes out in the hall and I think her mom tells her that yeah Jung came early in the morning to see her and left her something important that was related to the flashback and such :wub::wub::wub: I love these two so much....

I do not ship KGE and PHJ in real life. I mean I wouldn't be mad or anything if it came out that they are dating. However I have learned from the past to not ship real life people because real life is so very different from reel. I do like all the close analysis people are doing of their interactions and think they would be cute together but I am not holding my breathe on anything more than friendship taking place. I would be very happy with friendship (that could lead to more) because PHJ has admitted to having a hard time making friends and keeping so with those within the business (and people in general LOL). He stays in touch with only a few co-workers and for that to happen he must really like you/think fondly of you/want to keep the friendship. So yeah, just the two keeping in touch and being friends would be a lot imho. 

I really agree with you, @MrsSoJiSub, about real life shipping.  I said in an earlier post on main thread (I think) that real life friendship seems to be very possible and likely for them, and the rest of the cast, too.  It seems like the whole experience of CitT is very precious to us viewers and actors alike (based on some recent interviews) that the experience might have left them bonded for a long time to come.  My last post was really me going stir crazy and having cabin fever... argh!

I have a question regarding the drama at the end of ep. 3.  When YJ asked HS out, did he phrase his question along the lines of "do you want to date me?" or was it along the lines of "will you be my girlfriend?"  I watched that scene with DF English sub and again with Thai sub and the difference in translation left me wondering if what YG said was as casual as American dating or if dating in that context and in Korea = exclusivity + (boyfriend+girlfriend status).

Hi guys! so I found this on IG, not sure if it has been posted but I thought it was interesting.

BTW anyone know how recent the picture of PHJ in this IG post? was this after the wrap up dinner or before? 

IMG_1805.jpg

it's like a his and hers shoes (btw this is Vintage Nike AirMax from 1995)

:wub::wub: we all know how much PHJ loves his Nike AirMax :) he collects them

1 hour ago, tootsieroll13 said:

Today, there are lots of PHJ's interview articles on naver (sadly can't understand korean :sweatingbullets:) . New vid of uri sunbae, based on my limited korean, PHJ said it's ok for him to date someone who's 10 years older or younger than him (KGE should be fine :blush:). Also, he said he'll date eun taek if he was a girl , somehow i think PHJ really loves his hoobae eun taek-ie :grin:.

Plus, i love when he's talking in satori at the end of the vid :wub::wub:

i'm going to comment on how he said he'd date euntaek if he was a girl, judging by this comment alone I can tell that PHJ likes the innocent/cute/charming/Shy type of girls because euntaek to me is all that and more :) 

1 hour ago, GrandPoopBah said:

I have a question regarding the drama at the end of ep. 3.  When YJ asked HS out, did he phrase his question along the lines of "do you want to date me?" or was it along the lines of "will you be my girlfriend?"  I watched that scene with DF English sub and again with Thai sub and the difference in translation left me wondering if what YG said was as casual as American dating or if dating in that context and in Korea = exclusivity + (boyfriend+girlfriend status).

I'm not Korean speaker, but from the little that I know (from watching a lot of dramas :P ) it was more along the lines of do you want to dgo out with me.  If he'd asked her to be his girlfriend, he would've said "yeoja chingu," and I didn't hear that phrase in his question.  Instead he said "narang sagulae" -- not sure how to romanize that.

Edit: AHA!  Found a website that has a translation of the phrase he used:

Would you like to go out with me?

• 나랑 사귈래요?
  • Narang sagwi-llae-yo?

Source: http://kreah-craze.com/korean-words-and-sentences-related-to-love-relationships/

@themarchioness Thank you for clarifying that phrasing for me.  Everything I say and ask about from now on will be based solely on Eng sub since ep. 3 was the only one I watched in Thai.

To follow that up, does asking someone to date have more weight in Korea than it does in the U.S.?  It calls into question for me why YJ told BIH that HS was his girlfriend (ep. 4 when HS walked back with IH).  I interpreted that moment as YJ's way of marking his "territory."  Then again YJ readily said "yes" to the academy owner when the man asked if HS was his girlfriend the day before (when YJ also happened to see the stack of IH posters).  I view that as YJ being quick to put a label on his relationship with HS.  I wonder If this is the standard pace for relationship labeling in Korea.  The amount of dating YJ/HS did up to that point would probably be labeled as "we're seeing each other" in the U.S.

Sorry if I'm asking a lot about this.  I don't watch much drama (K or otherwise) and want to better understand cultural differences and make sure I didn't miss anything.

37 minutes ago, GrandPoopBah said:

@themarchioness Thank you for clarifying that phrasing for me.  Everything I say and ask about from now on will be based solely on Eng sub since ep. 3 was the only one I watched in Thai.

To follow that up, does asking someone to date have more weight in Korea than it does in the U.S.?  It calls into question for me why YJ told BIH that HS was his girlfriend (ep. 4 when HS walked back with IH).  I interpreted that moment as YJ's way of marking his "territory."  Then again YJ readily said "yes" to the academy owner when the man asked if HS was his girlfriend the day before (when YJ also happened to see the stack of IH posters).  I view that as YJ being quick to put a label on his relationship with HS.  I wonder If this is the standard pace for relationship labeling in Korea.  The amount of dating YJ/HS did up to that point would probably be labeled as "we're seeing each other" in the U.S.

Sorry if I'm asking a lot about this.  I don't watch much drama (K or otherwise) and want to better understand cultural differences and make sure I didn't miss anything.

if you have more questions about the drama I think you should check out the official thread for the drama, because this is the "Shipper" Section for Jung and Seol :) 

1 hour ago, char_m_ed said:

Cheese in the Trap (read: Park Hae Jin & Kim Go Eun) makes me go to Soompi again, after going on hiatus since my Taeun shipper days..

A treat for you, guys...

Kiss Scene BTS

Mod Edit: Do Not Quote Images

awwww......you made my day! :) our OTP is just MFEO (made for each other) :heart::heart:

1 hour ago, char_m_ed said:

Cheese in the Trap (read: Park Hae Jin & Kim Go Eun) makes me go to Soompi again, after going on hiatus since my Taeun shipper days..

A treat for you, guys...

Kiss Scene BTS

Mod Edit: Do Not Quote Videos

Oh my god !! I am going to died with this scence ,I really happy to see this .

10 minutes ago, char_m_ed said:

I posted the full video on my previous post...

And they also asked PHJ about the kissing scene, he looked happy LOL

omg thank you so much, woah they seriously are very VERY touchy and he was all giddy at the end, i'm honestly speechless. this was way better than the actual kissed aired in the drama, I am in Shock, TVN knows what us viewers want! 

REMINDER! please do NOT quote Pictures or Videos :) thank you

@char_m_ed EGADS THANK YOU :heart: I would like to applaud Tvn for having the good sense to give us our bench kiss BTS during this long cheeseless week. I was starting to wonder if they would even release said BTS. PHJ-ssi looked really pleased with himself and had this brilliant smile at 2:45~ Now all i need are subs to make my day complete :D

Edit: Did anyone else notice that at 2:16 when the director said OK KGE wanted to hi-five PHJ but what he really wanted was a hug so he just dove in for it? And then after that he held onto her hands for that lil bit longer before letting go?  PHJ-ssi, that hand touching bit after the hug was wholly unnecessary...:P As expected, sunbae does it so naturally...

Archived