Zanilia Zhao Liying 赵丽颖 Official Thread

sugarplum892

13 hours ago, jannat0718 said:

They broke 600 million though.  Just because it is not ranked n°1 doesn't mean that it did not do well.  Besides, during school holidays there are lots of movies out for competition and Monster Hunt2 appeals to kids so the sale is bound to be high whereas MK3 is more for adults.

• Like 5

Congrats Yingbao!!!

# The best fortune year file #
# Love beans movie big confession #
The second issue of the second week list!
@ Zhao Liying
With 590000 stars again won the championship, she played
"Journey to the West"
Chinese king and monk love deeply!
@ Johnny Huang Jingyu
With 44 million stars won the runner-up,
"Red Sea Operation"
In his uniforms valiant and highly acclaimed!
@ Li Yuchun
The number of stars reached 370000 won the third place,
"Catch demon remember 2"
Sichuan opera comedy show shines!
Lunar New Year stalls are still hot, the ticket coupons hit list more value oh Lunar New Year file vouchers

google translate cr zlyfb

Spoiler

#最强贺岁档# 之
#爱豆电影大表白#
第二期第二周榜单公布!
@赵丽颖
以59万的星星数再次夺冠,她饰演的
《西游记女儿国》
中国王与唐僧爱情至深感人!
@Johnny黄景瑜
凭借44万的星星数获得亚军,
《红海行动》
中他军装英姿飒爽颇受好评!
@李宇春
星星数37万斩获季军,
《捉妖记2》
中四川话表演喜剧让人眼前一亮!
贺岁档大片还在热映中,领券购票打榜更超值哦贺岁档代金券大集合

28168135_1785081848190318_49684995456215

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

yeah MK3 is not doing good tbh, the movie will probably just break even. But it is what it is. 

I saw many critics complimented ZLY’s acting as The Queen but most of them criticised the lacked of chemistry between ZLY-FSF. Their loveline isn’t convincing.

Beside MK3, Detective Chinatown and Monster Hunts 2 are the competitors for box office during CNY. If I am not mistaken both films do better than MK3.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cenching said:

I saw many critics complimented ZLY’s acting as The Queen but most of them criticised the lacked of chemistry between ZLY-FSF. Their loveline isn’t convincing.

Beside MK3, Detective Chinatown and Monster Hunts 2 are the competitors for box office during CNY. If I am not mistaken both films do better than MK3.

yeah, but they all have gotten ripped by critics tbh. Most critics were unhappy that the monkey king felt like a supporting character and there was not enough monster fighting. Felt there was too much focus on romance. Some people felt like they had chemistry others didn't. 

I just think the focus in romance didnt make this film family friendly and hard to compete during CNY. 

• Like 2

Just now, mrsyooknit said:

yeah, but they all have gotten ripped by critics tbh. Most critics were unhappy that the monkey king felt like a supporting character and there was not enough monster fighting. Felt there was too much focus on romance. Some people felt like they had chemistry others didn't. 

I just think the focus in romance didnt make this film family friendly and hard to compete during CNY. 

Yup, that was the major complain, too much focus on the romance and the romance isn't convincing...LOL!! But I thought the focus on the romance is according to the book? I don't remember the book, I read too many versions....

It's a CNY tradition to have a Sun Gokong film. The most successful one so far according to Wiki is The Demons Strike Back (last year) but I didn't enjoy it tbh...too heavily CGI for my taste. I still prefer Stephen Chow as Sun GoKong....that was gold in my book....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cenching said:

Yup, that was the major complain, too much focus on the romance and the romance isn't convincing...LOL!! But I thought the focus on the romance is according to the book? I don't remember the book, I read too many versions....

It's a CNY tradition to have a Sun Gokong film. The most successful one so far according to Wiki is The Demons Strike Back (last year) but I didn't enjoy it tbh...too heavily CGI for my taste. I still prefer Stephen Chow as Sun GoKong....that was gold in my book....

I think they just have a MK movie every year, sometimes two like last year. I still think the best one was The Monkey King 2 but I have not seen Monkey King 3. 

I think most complaints are not that romance was unconvincing but that there was too much romance for the genre if you get what I mean. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I think they just have a MK movie every year, sometimes two like last year. I still think the best one was The Monkey King 2 but I have not seen Monkey King 3. 

I think most complaints are not that romance was unconvincing but that there was too much romance for the genre if you get what I mean. 

I know what you meant, Monkey King isn't a romance movie, it's supposed to focus on Tang and MK....:lol: but I saw another critic (Guardians, if my memory didn't fail me) that complained too much romance plus isn't convincing....MK2 is Eddie Peng, right?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cenching said:

Well, I don't know but personally for me (from what I understood), there's not supposed to be a too prominent loveline since he is a monk.  I think the story was supposed to be for the monk to be "tested" by love.  I have not seen the film yet so I cannot make too much comment.  I would not base too much on media or critics as they are bound to be somewhat prejudiced as different people like different genre.  I mean take Hua Qian Gu for ex.  I totally loved it and watched it so many times since but I have read negative comments about the ending bla bla bla.......But I have read some critics complimented LY saying that she carried her roles really well as Queen. 

Just now, cenching said:

I know what you meant, Monkey King isn't a romance movie, it's supposed to focus on Tang and MK....:lol: but I saw another critic (Guardians, if my memory didn't fail me) that complained too much romance plus isn't convincing....MK2 is Eddie Peng, right?

I think I saw a few versions on the net.  There was one where there was Eddie as MK.  Then the LGX version as MK and then Kris Wu as the monk.  I haven't watch either :tongue: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cenching said:

no, MK2 is with the same cast  as MK3 just Gong Li instead of Zhao Liying. The one with Eddie Peng was called Wukong or something like that. 

All MK movies get destroyed by critics. I thought MK2 was pretty good. MK1 was HORRIBLE :lol: and the one last year with LGX was bad too imo but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cenching said:

I'd prefer Stephen Chow too, most of his films are very very good and hilarious too.

Btw tbh i dont understand and confused why Yingbao still selected as No 1 Lunar actress, and it's alr for 2 consecutive weeks when it's said that the movie was not doing good? I wonder how they select, can anyone explain more pls, thanks in advance.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, minoku2209 said:

I'd prefer Stephen Chow too, most of his films are very very good and hilarious too.

Btw tbh i dont understand and confused why Yingbao still selected as No 1 Lunar actress, and it's alr for 2 consecutive weeks when it's said that the movie was not doing good? I wonder how they select, can anyone explain more pls, thanks in advance.

well maybe bc the only other actress out with a movie is BBH and she has that cheating scandal lingering around her so probably wants to keep a low profile. Just a guess. This CNY is mainly dominated by male celebs. 

Also, it is not like the movie is doing horrible but that expectations for the movie were higher. I would say that it needs to reach 1 Billion to meet what people expected and it is unlikely to do so. Other movies if they get as much as MK3 has right now are considered huge success but in this case not. So overall the movie is doing bad. Will reach 800M if lucky. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I didn't watch MK1 and MK2, I watched the one with LGX but I didn't enjoy it too....I am spoil by Stephen Chow's and Tsui Hark's older works during HK's cinema golden time....I can't stomach LGX's Sun GoKong and KW's Tang.....I have some hope for ZLY's MK3 I will wait and see then....:lol:

add.

@mrsyooknit

What cheating scandal with BBH? Isn't the husband already clarified that they already divorced secretly for few years so she is not cheating?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cenching said:

add.

@mrsyooknit

What cheating scandal with BBH? Isn't the husband already clarified that they already divorced secretly for few years so she is not cheating?

They never got divorced. In fact they are still married. Maybe they were separated between them but there was no official divorce so them being separated is just them saying that after the fact. You can question if they just said that to cover it up afterwards. Even if it does seem that they were cheating on each other or had an open relationship. On top of the fact that they kept pretending to be a happily married couple until right before the scandal, people overall don't have a good impression on the situation. But I have to say she has really good PR bc they have done a good job covering everything up. I like her as an actress but sadly I can't unsee that video :crazy: 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

well maybe bc the only other actress out with a movie is BBH and she has that cheating scandal lingering around her so probably wants to keep a low profile. Just a guess. This CNY is mainly dominated by male celebs. 

Also, it is not like the movie is doing horrible but that expectations for the movie were higher. I would say that it needs to reach 1 Billion to meet what people expected and it is unlikely to do so. Other movies if they get as much as MK3 has right now are considered huge success but in this case not. So overall the movie is doing bad. Will reach 800M if lucky. 

I guess time has change, in those years many viewers love watching fantasy romantic movie but i think new generation prefers more adventures plus humor during lunar new year, it's more relaxing. I guess high time the directors must consider to understand how and what the new generation people want too.

May be a bit of bad luck start for MK3 team this year.  But I hope Yingbao will remain calm and strong in facing those bad critics. What i hope she will be more lucky and successful with her modern upcoming drama, OGT.

• Like 5

@mrsyooknit

Spoiler

You meant the video with that hot young male model in Thailand? Yeah....I feel ashamed on her behalf....:crazy: I love her in Wedding Invitation with EP....I cried my eyes out...

@minoku2209

I don't think it effected her career much....she is a good actress and she will always has many offers....:) I would like to see her in something challenging....not only her regular roles...

• Like 3

@cenching

yeah, I can't believe she did that in public. Now every time I see her I just think about that video :unsure: I can't unsee it. There is a time and place for everything imo. 

Also, for sure someone set it up. The reporters knew too much about where they were going to be before and after, etc. Some people thought it was the guy she was dating, but who knows. 

• Like 2