Zanilia Zhao Liying 赵丽颖 Official Thread

sugarplum892

Anyways despite all the ridiculous hate she gets, she is still one of the most popular TV actresses in China. I think once she gets married she will get less hate bc all the fangirls will stop being afraid that she is going to steal their imaginary boyfriend :rolleyes:

005K3P7Dgy1fo24cgpnafg30hs09skjn.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

10 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

I think there are a few things that make some people really hate her and want her to fail with a passion. In order of importance imo. 

1. The fact that her family is poor and she doesn't have a college education. She is not the only popular actress that is not classically trained but for some reason people dislike the fact that she doesn't have a college degree. I think some people look down on her for her background. 

2. Fans of other popular actresses. It is a competitive business so everyone wants their favorites to be doing well and probably have a natural dislike for other celebs competing for the same roles. 

3. Fans of her trendy male leads. Like I said before ZLY can make chemistry with imaginary objects so she usually creates a lot of chemistry with her leads which leads to popular CPs. Even if most of her fans hate and oppose CPs fiercely they always get blamed for being the ones promoting CPs bc "they want to use the male lead's popularity" :rolleyes:

4. Some people seem to think she is not smart or something. This is ridiculous to me since she has accomplished so much all by herself. ZLY never had any big company or money behind her so her current success is due to good decisions and luck. But for some reason she gets a lot of comments saying that she is not smart and has low emotional intelligence :rolleyes:

I wonder if this is connected to her not having a college education or her being very blunt with her speech. But I guess when you are in a business that is all about pretending, trying to be herself in interviews is not what people want her to do. But this is what I like. She doesn't try to pretend and stay in some sort of character that we so often see among celebrities. I do think she is too blunt and I feel for her bc I am blunt too and it does cause trouble :lol:

I think it is mostly because she is a blunt person.  She is very transparent and say what she thinks and so less hypocrite.  And the fact that she is also beautiful is a hard pill to swallow for some actresses. But being in shows like "Idol has come" showed that she too can have fun and have real friends like He Jiong and Xie Na. LY does not warm quick (quoting Xie Na and WC) so it takes time to gain her trust and once done, she is very friendly and lets down her barriers. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

ZLY was seen at Hangzhou Airport lmao she reached her final stage of comfort

616300015fcfa38bf1db

@frenchfan

yeah probably being blunt. This is from her wax figure, see her quote :lol:

"I live for what I love, rather than what others expect"

tumblr_p3u1895TSz1sakenqo1_540.jpg

Awesome.  Atta girl.  Bravo.  Not many are like her which made her a rarity in such a competitive environment.  :D

• Like 5

I think as her fans we definitely want to support LiYing through and through. She is a breath of fresh air in the C-entertainment world. Her background isn't much but then her accomplishments, her acting chops, her awards are staggering. Clearly she is not just another beautiful face. She is fiercely an underdog with faith and determination to rise to the top. A true life story worth rooting for and why I love her so much. 

When I found out our Yingbao was blunt I was shocked because it was much different from her Shan Shan character. My parents always says don't be blunt or too opinionated in front of others, don't let them think wrong of you. So they basically said, blend in, hide yourself and be that chameleon. Why... So I can fake happiness and be someone else? I'm naturally very careful around people, don't trust easily and I am just me, a regular person. So a star like LiYing has every right to shield herself, warm up to others and be herself anyway she pleases. However, being that star in the limelight is never easy with such expectations and admiration from others. Fan or anti-fans can triggers fame, damages and glory all the same. Once at the top the fall is even harder. I never want to see that. I believe in her! 

Anyways, I love blunt ppl who stays true to themselves rather than fakers who I distant myself from. To have an Actress like her be herself is refreshing and fun to see. A different breed of awesomeness that I am wholeheartedly willing to get behind and support. 

I do worry that she can be too blunt and ppl can misinterpreted her words or take them out of context. She is smart, beautiful, fun, loving, tough, and unbelievably emotionally strong.

I also agree she needs to work on her English speaking skills. Maybe learn American English accent. I think it's easier and have heard Xie-na used it as well. All she need is breaks and some training. 

Sorry for grammatical errors and my messy wall of texts. :)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

Anyways despite all the ridiculous hate she gets, she is still one of the most popular TV actresses in China. I think once she gets married she will get less hate bc all the fangirls will stop being afraid that she is going to steal their imaginary boyfriend :rolleyes:

005K3P7Dgy1fo24cgpnafg30hs09skjn.gif

Ha ha ha....we all want her to get married quick.  She will look so pretty in chinese red dress.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

I think there are a few things that make some people really hate her and want her to fail with a passion. In order of importance imo. 

1. The fact that her family is poor and she doesn't have a college education. She is not the only popular actress that is not classically trained but for some reason people dislike the fact that she doesn't have a college degree. I think some people look down on her for her background. 

2. Fans of other popular actresses. It is a competitive business so everyone wants their favorites to be doing well and probably have a natural dislike for other celebs competing for the same roles. 

3. Fans of her trendy male leads. Like I said before ZLY can make chemistry with imaginary objects so she usually creates a lot of chemistry with her leads which leads to popular CPs. Even if most of her fans hate and oppose CPs fiercely they always get blamed for being the ones promoting CPs bc "they want to use the male lead's popularity" :rolleyes:

4. Some people seem to think she is not smart or something. This is ridiculous to me since she has accomplished so much all by herself. ZLY never had any big company or money behind her so her current success is due to good decisions and luck. But for some reason she gets a lot of comments saying that she is not smart and has low emotional intelligence :rolleyes:

I wonder if this is connected to her not having a college education or her being very blunt with her speech. But I guess when you are in a business that is all about pretending, trying to be herself in interviews is not what people want her to do. But this is what I like. She doesn't try to pretend and stay in some sort of character that we so often see among celebrities. I do think she is too blunt and I feel for her bc I am blunt too and it does cause trouble :lol:

Agree wt u,  sns is really a big DEMON

haters/antis  are so comfy leaving bad comments behind their computers,handphones...while they get nothing in responce..(their just waisting their money for internet:D

( there is an idol that is really popular and pretty too, so many are praising her.but everytime I see her  face...Im so frustrated...and I hate her for nothing...but I never leave any bad comments abwt her.....just keeping it in my mind.) Hope for those antis/haters..they can distinguish a constructive criticism and a personal criticism.

I also like her bluntness..

• Like 7

@heatherbee

of course there are people I like and people I don't like. Sometimes there are actors I don't like and I honestly have no reason not to like them but just their face bothers me. Prime example for me is Andrew Garfield, I even forget his name but the moment I see his face :angry: and I don't have a reason :lol:. But I don't bother looking up his stuff, leaving hateful comments, or caring about what he is doing. I just know that for whatever reason I dislike him so I tend to avoid his movies. 

• Like 8

ZLY's standees~sorry deleted double posing

@mrsyooknitwhy was Yingbao at Hengzhou airport? Is she going back to Hengdian Studio again?

C-ent is a very huge industry and i think all entertainment field esp today are very competitive, some even use dirty tricks to get fame.  As for Yingbao, just bcos she dont graduate from university antis said she's stupid? I bet those who said that is more stupid as that there are few reasons that one cannot enroll university/college and not just stupid. I bet the person who said that cannot even proof their success in life too. No matter what antis said Yingbao has nothing to loose. With her strong will, own effort and hardship, she has already proven to rise from nothing to be someone successful rich and fame with low and kind heart goddess. We must not forget and accept the fact that she was born with gifted talents and good heart. Even if anyone who graduated good college still cant guaranteed to own such talents.

I also totally agree that Yingbao has to brush her english more in order not to make people criticise again, and it's her ticket to spread her wing out of China, may be to Hollywood. I hope her manager will help her on this matter asap.

Last but not least my wish is to see Yingbao in a good action drama/movie as what she mentioned in her recent interview. I hope she will be offer a gvery ood one with another hot partner . But b4 start any new project, i hope Yingbao will take a short break and check on her 'bump' back too.

Edited by minoku2209
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

@heatherbee

of course there are people I like and people I don't like. Sometimes there are actors I don't like and I honestly have no reason not to like them but just their face bothers me. Prime example for me is Andrew Garfield, I even forget his name but the moment I see his face :angry: and I don't have a reason :lol:. But I don't bother looking up his stuff, leaving hateful comments, or caring about what he is doing. I just know that for whatever reason I dislike him so I tend to avoid his movies. 

Ikr, if u don't like their work or they annoy u, y even bother read up or care what they do? I do too have some actors or actresses i find annoying but I won't even consider reading on them then comment how I don't like them..that's so childish..

• Like 6

LY is naturally petite in terms of frame with roundish face which made her so adorable. For someone who eats a lot, she doesn't seem to put on much weight.  

3 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

Article on AK responding to FSF n ZLY dating rumors

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/02/aaron-kwoks-cheeky-answer-to-zhao-li.html?m=1

It was rather cheeky answer but then again AK is a seasoned and veteran in this type of thing. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

15 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Ikr, if u don't like their work or they annoy u, y even bother read up or care what they do? I do too have some actors or actresses i find annoying but I won't even consider reading on them then comment how I don't like them..that's so childish..

That's is the reaction of NORMAL people like us wonderful ladies :wink: Those out there (regretfully there are many) are only happy when they have something bad to say.  I am sure that some made business out of it.

• Like 6

@minoku2209 

yeah I hope she takes some time off and looks at her bump. I was rewatching Shan Shan the other day and I saw her bump but it was much smaller than now :wacko: 

Yeah, I think you have to be pretty smart to make the decisions she has made so far and be successful. Luck is important but she took a big role in shaping her current success. She made good decisions about her career and worked tirelessly for the past 5 years. 

@jewelsc

So true. I wonder why they do it. It is some next level obsession. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, minoku2209 said:

MK3 release in UK on 16th February.

627a35_dfd7543f1c034371bc2bd3c563e1e5d1~

Anyone here from UK, Ireland, US & Canada, ticket is on sale now https://www.chinalionfilm.com/

Lucky you.  I am still looking for cinemas in France to show it.  I will try the associations.  They showed DUCKWEED last year and apparently the cinéma room was full.

• Like 3