Zanilia Zhao Liying 赵丽颖 Official Thread

sugarplum892

d02788e9b6d417be107b0b.jpg

Zhao is noted for her roles as Princess Qing'er, Lu Zhen, Xue Shanshan, and Hua Qian Gu in the television series New My Fair Princess (2011), Legend of Lu Zhen (2013), Boss & Me (2014), The Journey of Flower (2015) respectively.

Profile:

Native name: 赵丽颖 (Zhao Li Ying)
Birth Date: October 16, 1987
Birth Place: Langfang, Hebei

Height: 5'5 ft (165 cm, 1.65 m)
Weight: 92 lb (42 kg)
Residence: Beijing
Nicknames: Xiao Liying (小丽颖), Lili (丽丽), Zanilia
Ethnicity: Chinese
Education: Langfang School of Electronic Information Engineering
Years active: 2006 - present
Agent: Hairun Movies and Television Production Co., LTD

TV Dramas:

Century Endless Love (2006)

Nanyue King (2007)

Golden Marriage (2007)

Spring Goes, Spring Comes (2008)

Four Women Conflict (2009)

The Firmament of The Pleiades (2009)

A Husband and Wife (2009)

The Girl in Blue (2010)

The Dream of Red Mansions (2010)

Goddess of Mercy (2011)

New My Fair Princess (2011)

Xia Yan's Autumn (2011)

Best Quality Men and Women (2011)

Palace II (2012)

Wrong Spot Mandarin Duck (2012)

Legend of Lu Zhen (2013)
Mermaid Legend (2013)

Wife's Secret (2014)

Song in the Cloud (2014) guest star

Lucky Treasure (2014)
Boss & Me (2014)

The Romance of the Condor Heroes (2014)
The Journey of Flower (2015)

Best Get Going (2015)

Legend of Zu (2015)

The Rouge (2015)

The Mystic Nine (2016)

Noble Aspirations (2016)

Rookie Agent Rouge (2016)

Princess Agents (2017)

The Legend of the Concubine’s Daughter Ming Lan (2018)

Our Glamorous Time 你和我的倾城时光 (2018)

Legend of Fei (TBA)

Additional Links:

Official Weibo Page

Official Sina Blog

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest Tinkiebell

Yay, Liying's thread :) 

Love her, she's so pretty. I watched 'Boss &  Me' a few weeks ago. That series was just too delicious haha.

Just wanted to share a video of Zanilla Zhao singing the song from The Journey of Flower OST - Cant Be Said Live. She sang it during the Hunan Chinese New Year 2016 Show (I believe this is the first time she sang this live). I thought it was pretty decent I hope you will enjoy it as well :wub:. Too bad Wallace was there for a duet.

• Like 3

Guest Tinkiebell
13 minutes ago, angelangie said:

i think it is a new one....havent seen it anywhere.....

Niceee, something to look forward to. 

Thanks for sharing that video, @BaiZiHua, Liying definitely can sing. 

I haven't watched TJoF. I know it's very popular and I love both Wallace and Liying. But for some reasons that I can't really explain, this series doesn't attract me at all. Oops :sweatingbullets:  

• 2 weeks later...

Yay, a Zhao LiYing thread! Noticed her in New Huan Zhu Ge Ge and became a fan after Legend of Lu Zhen. 

For anyone interested, her movie with Zhang Han and Jung Il-Woo called 'Rise of a Tomboy' is coming out on March 18 this year. Here's the trailer :)

Added bonus? Part of it is set in Sydney :D

• Like 1

Zanilia Zhao reaps the most rewards following New My Fair Princess’ success.

She is beautiful, but I feel that she is somewhat overrated.

Perhaps it is attributed to her overexposure in Chinese dramas these recent years.

• Guest changed the title to Zanilia Zhao Liying 赵丽颖 Official Thread
Guest Tinkiebell
On 2/26/2016 at 1:52 AM, ei-san_stv said:

Yay, a Zhao LiYing thread! Noticed her in New Huan Zhu Ge Ge and became a fan after Legend of Lu Zhen. 

For anyone interested, her movie with Zhang Han and Jung Il-Woo called 'Rise of a Tomboy' is coming out on March 18 this year. Here's the trailer :)

Added bonus? Part of it is set in Sydney :D

Liying with Zhang Han, again? And Il-woo as a bonus eye candy? I don't know what the movie's about but count me in already! :lol: 

6 hours ago, Tinkiebell said:

Liying with Zhang Han, again? And Il-woo as a bonus eye candy? I don't know what the movie's about but count me in already! :lol: 

Yep, another Liying and Zhang Han collab after the successful 'Boss and Me'.  Hopefully, this will be as successful, if not more :). Liying and Zhang Han are actually currently filming their 3rd collab, which is a film called 'New Eternal Waves' but I don't think they will be a couple there since Liying is paired up Aaron Kwok. Ah well, but at least as Liying said, it's good that their character dynamics and interactions are different in all three projects they have worked on together.

I think the movie is about a 'rational' maths genius (Liying) who aims to find a 'mathematical/ scientific' explanation for love. Another 'trailer' for anyone interested. Provides a pretty good intro to her character :)

I'm not usually into rom-coms but this looks pretty fun and I'm looking forward to it too :)

• Like 1

Guest Tinkiebell

Thanks for sharing the trailers of the new movie, @ei-san_stv. The movie looks pretty fun indeed, and lol at the kissing scene in the trailer, looks like she was gonna eat him alive. :lol:

And about the other new movie, Liying's paired with Aaron Kwok? Like romantically? Haha, I know he doesn't look his age at all and he still looks hot as ever, but come on, the dude's old enough to be her dad for pete's sake :sweatingbullets:

@Tinkiebell

Yep, I think Liying and Aaron Kwok are playing 'husband and wife' in the new movie. I'm actually not too fussed about the huge age gap and the pairing. I don't expect there to be a whole of 'romantic scenes' since I don't think the romance will be the main focus. I'm quite anticipating this and I think it's a great opportunity for her to learn from a 'critically recognised' actor like Aaron Kwok. 

In fact. out of all of Liying's upcoming projects, I'm actually looking forward to 'Rise of a Tomboy', 'New Eternal Waves' and 'Rookie Agent Rouge' the most. I know she's more famous for her 'candy-sweet' roles but I'm glad that she's expanding her repertoire and doing more complex roles. 

Another trailer for Rise of a Tomboy :) 

Anyway, saw on Weibo that from April 30, she'll be shooting a new ancient series and there are rumours that they'll be filming for almost 5 months. I think she'll play the role of a female warrior so it'll be another one of those 'strong' female characters that she likes. At this point, the male lead seems to be Lin Gengxin but none of the male leads are officially confirmed. Will update when I get more info but it seems like a great role for her :)

• 4 months later...