[Drama 2016] The Royal Gambler 대박

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[Article]Jang Keun Suk who has a 25-year entertainment career

His recent change: Quitting egosurfing (vanity search/searching for himself)

Jang Keun Suk (29 years old) released 3 single CD albums in 2016.  His third single CD "I wanna hold you/My wish" which was released on December 14th ranked the 2nd in Oricon Weekly Single CD Chart. In addition, for playing the leading role in Daebak he won Top Excellence Award for long running dramas in SBS Drama Awards which was held on December 31st.

We interviewed with Jang Keun Suk who was drinking whiskey on the rocks and could successfully listen to his truth talk in a relaxed atmosphere!

"I choose this whenever I drink with friends in a bar. It smells like antiseptic in a hospital, though," he answered with laughing. He was enjoying LAPHROAIG a Scotch whiskey on the rocks. Jang Keun Suk was no longer naughty "Arrogant Keun-chan" but a mature adult man.

1e913a441d18dd897cc762b7cc26412e.jpg

We asked him this question: You have been in the entertainment bussiness for 25 years since you were a child actor. Please tell us about what has changed and what has never changed.

"What has never changed is my attitude toward my work: I work while playing. (※It means JKS combines business with pleasure. What I want to do should come before what I have to do. Since I was a child, I have worked really hard and tried my best to get the roles I definitely wanted to play. I also have made thorough studies of the characters I played."

"What has changed.... Ah, I do not do an egosurfing any more. (JKS answered with laughing.)  I was always very concerned about what images people have of Jang Keun Suk, but now I believe that is what I have to make as a singer as well as an actor. I have realized how important it is I would not regret when I look at myself and can be confident in myself."

In the lyrics of his new song "My wish" there is a significant line "Even when we cannot meet, you live life your own way."

"She is exactly my type of woman. Even though I cannnot see her, my heart is always with her. If I live in South Korea and my girlfriend lives in Japan, we can believe and trust each other imagining we are looking at the same sky. That would be an ideal relationship I believe."
 cre: http://www.news-postseven.com/archives/20170114_484031.html

Eng trans:  Marchneko-chan @yachan19870804

Jang Geun Suk’s 9 Most Memorable Performances

The year is 2009. The drama is “You’re Beautiful.” The heartthrob is Jang Geun Suk.

If you didn’t know Jang Geun Suk before his career-defining performance as Hwang Tae Kyung in the Hallyu-changing drama, then this drama probably put him on your radar. He may have recently taken a hiatus, but he’s back to prove his chops in Jackpot. While we’re waiting for the next episodes to come out, let’s reminisce about all of his best roles on the small and silver screen from 2006 until, well, now.

JGS_title.jpg

Read more: https://www.soompi.com/2016/04/21/jang-geun-suks-9-most-memborable-roles/

[News] SBS ‘Daebak (Jackpot)’ Blu-ray & DVD-BOX will be released in Japan
Finally SBS drama ‘Daebak (Jackpot)’ Blu-ray & DVD-BOX will be released in Japan. But I’m sorry to tell you that as always they don’t have English subs and region code is 2 for Japanese market. I’m sure Korean version with English and Chinese subs will be released soon. But according to the publisher, Japanese version has a lot of unseen scenes, and in the end it seems there are 29 episodes. The release date is still something far in the future. But I can’t wait to get it.

31610380853_3a8ce13509_z.jpg

[1] Release date: April 26th (Wed), 2017
Blu-ray BOX I: 22,000 yen (without tax) / DVD BOX I: 18,000 yen (without tax)
Contents: episode 1 ~ 10 [660 mins]
Bonus video: press conference, script reading, special videos, Korean and Japanese teasers [65 mins]
Bonus item: desk calendar

[2] Release date: May 24th (Wed), 2017
Blu-ray BOX II: 22,000 yen (without tax) / DVD BOX II: 18,000 yen (without tax)
Contents: episode 11 ~ 20 [660 mins]
Bonus video: Yeo JinGoo dating on filming site, making scenes (Jang Keun Suk, Yeo JinGoo, Lim JiYeon and others), taking photos [79 mins]
Bonus item: desk calendar

[3] Release date: June 28th (Wed), 2017
Blu-ray BOX III: 22,000 yen (without tax) / DVD BOX III: 18,000 yen (without tax)
Contents: episode 21 ~ 29 [660 mins]
Bonus video: Jang Keun Suk and other costars, the final day of shooting, heading for the wrap-up party [72 mins]
Bonus item: exclusive file folder

cre: http://www.koari.net/news/detail.php?id=12059

Archived