[Drama 2016] The Royal Gambler 대박

Go Seung Ji

[ Article ] Jang Keun Suk, being appointed as MC for "2016 SBS Drama Awards" for the 1st time in 7 years, revealed his great excitement

Jang Keun Suk, being appointed as MC for "2016 SBS Drama Awards" said, "I am very excited."

Jang Keun Suk will co-host "2016 SBS Drama Awards" to be broadcast on December 31st at 8:55pm (The original text says at 9:00pm but 8:55pm is correct.) with the other two co-hosts, Min Ah from "Girl's Day" a girl group and Lee Hwi-jae and they will close 2016 with the show.

Jang Keun Suk, the Prince of Asia who showed charismatic performance in the drama "Daebak ~ fateful moments ~" this year and gained a reputation as well, was once appointed to host "2009 SBS Drama Awards" and displayed his outstanding ability as MC.  On his second appearance on stage as MC this year, Jang Keun Suk revealed his frank feelings toward assuming the responsibility.

89204762e70fa33e13fa573aac0ba49c.jpg

Jang Keun Suk said, "I am very excited to emcee '2016 SBS Drama Awards' for the 1st time in 7 years since 2009.  Because SBS is just like my spiritual home, I am particularly happy to emcee the show."

Regarding his own great success as MC for "Produce 101" at the beginning of this year Jang Keun Suk said with laughing, "At that time I heard I was emceeing the show as if I were an AlphaGo.  Since it was a live TV show, I was very nervous.  I never thought viewers described me in that way."  Although he himself was very nervous on the stage, he did his best and cared about participants who were also very nervous.  His sincere, good performances resulted in leaving favorable impressions on many fans.

"Thanks to Min Ah and Mr. Lee Hwi-jae, the other two co-hosts for this upcoming SBS Drama Awards I feel by far more at ease," Jang Keun Suk said.  Then he continued looking back again on his latest drama, "I feel as if I had acted in 'Daebak' only yesterday but it has already passed almost 1 year."  He finished his talk with the following message for the viewers, "I will see you soon again in a new, good drama.  Thank you very much."

cre: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003452976, naver,  http://www.wowkorea.jp/news/enter/2016/1225/10180448.html

Eng trans: @marchneko-chan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jang Keun Suk to emcee SBS awards ceremony again in 7 years

2016 SBS Drama Awards Festival slated for Saturday, calling the network TV channel “a place like home.”

Jang had also emceed for the awards ceremony seven years ago. 

13281968753_e5b0c6cbe8_o.jpg

“It is my pleasure to return to a place like home to me,” said the 29-year-old. 

He also showed anticipation at co-hosting the ceremony with comedian Lee Hwi-jae and Minah of Girls’ Day. 

The year-end ceremony will kick off at 9 p.m. on Saturday at the SBS Prism Tower in Sangam-dong, Seoul. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201612251735239671330_2

[Video] Macau short film viewing full 20min_20161209

Qn2: Fiction vs documentary
JKS: I personally acted in the documentary. I did not act in the fiction. As I was focusing on directing, so it’s a production that presented different areas to the audience.

Qn3: About “The Great Legacy” – the direction JKS wants to go if he venture into filming?
JKS: Actually when I am producing a film I focus on directing. I see many things that I previously didn’t. Especially since I am an actor myself, what I chat with the actors in the short film on topics about acting and directing. I felt really blessed.

Qn4: How would you direct the actors (in the short film)?
JKS: Well, with regards to presentation of the character, there may be differences between what the director and actor thinks. Through multiple discussions, it helps to narrow the gap and everyone puts in effort to make this possible. I once again learnt the difficulty of being a director. And an actor is an amazing role in creating something from nothing.

Qn5: Will the next film be a fiction or documentary?
JKS: ~answered in English~

Qn6: As an actor, what type of roles would you like to challenge next?
JKS: I wish try out something that I have not done thus far. Like action films.

Qn7: MC asked JKS thoughts on IFFM and there is any films or directors that he would recommend
JKS: Firstly to be invited as the ambassador in the First International Film Festival of Macau I feel really honored. What’s most amazing is, not just our country. I could interact with people from over the world. In this aspect I felt it’s the most meaningful part of this IFFM and most important thing is
I am here as a director and not an actor, so I feel really honored.

Qn8: what prompted JKS to film in his elementary school?
JKS: I have always acted in front of the camera. I am very curious about the other side of the camera. So using the memory as a foundation, I hope to reflect on my own memory through the camera.

Qn9: In the next film, will JKS film something he is familiar with or venture into something different?
JKS: The film that I made now is a reflection of my personal memory. Actually through documentary film, the message I wish to convey is not just limited to this short film, but is seen through other films too. Documentary in comparison to fiction can better reflects one’s experience. This is important.

Original source: YOUKU
English translation: Hazy from ECI

Hide contents

Eels Q&A session: 2 of 4 questions were done in English, so only translated the rest of 2.
[1]
eel: Shall I use Chinese or English?
translator: Both ok
eel: Hello JKS, I am eel from HK
JKS: Hello (in Cantonese)
eel: The first short film is too short. How did the male lead know the pin to the ATM in the end?
JKS: This is a little tough to comprehend. It’s easier if you understand Korean, but maybe when translated it may mean differently. Actually the name of the male lead’s dad has similar connotation to some numbers.

[2]
male eel: 긴장 ginjang (Nervous in Korean)
JKS: 긴장
male eel: very very…err… I love you… forever
JKS: yeah I love you man
MC: do you have a question to ask?
Translator: do you have a question, it’s ok to speak in Mandarin
male eel: ok I will use Mandarin. Actually I felt the movie earlier on talks more about the father, and we as audience felt like a family to him too. The feeling I get through the father is as though he is my family.
MC: so do you have a question?
male eel: well… question… no

Actor Jang Keun Suk had a great year in 2016, having done excellent jobs in variety shows as well as acting! 
Summary: He was quite active in Korea this year: He acted in Daebak, showed an outstanding ability as MC for Produce 101, and revealed his new aspects as an ordinary lad in My Ear's Candy, showing his skillful cooking as well as his loneliness which brings himself closer to viewers. 
Among is variety of performaces this year the most brilliant was his challenging acting in Daebak. 
He ate a living snake, which was likened to Leonardo DiCaprio in "The Revenant." This movie brought Leonardo Oscars, which had been his long‐cherished dream. Now viewers are really interested in finding whether Jang Keun Suk will be able win any awards in his acting in Daebak.

0ea7c4f8f6d16dcd75aa21dfed0a92ad.jpg

cre: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003453899

[Korea News] Showing his acting and talents in Daebak..thanks to Jang Keun Suk hardwork

Hallyu star Jang Keun Suk's 2016 had been very meaningful as he steps into his 30s
Korean fans has been looking forward to his comeback, and in 2016, Jang Keun Suk has been active in many activities. He showed his exciting acting in SBS drama 'Daebak', entertaining emcee skills in MNET's 'Produce 101' and the rarely seen 'guy-next-door' in tvN's 'My Ear's Candy'.
"Choosing the right emcee with the right calibre, that person is non other than Jang Keun Suk" words from the Director of Produce 101 has been proven that the performance from the girls and Jang Keun Suk is irreplaceable.
In 'My Ear's Candy' the lonely confession of "I have a lot of contacts in my phone book, but my phone never rings", in the programe, he showed that he's used to cooking ramyeon alone, a 'guy-next-door' side which have not been seen before, successfully showing viewers his sincere side.
Among all these, the most outstanding works would be his performance in 'Daebak', although his role is that of the King's son, Daegil, but living the life of a peasant, he would be in a fight for the throne with his brother, a role by YJG. As peasant Gaedong, he would go through a tough journey to become Warrior Baek Daegil, during which showed his excellent acting skills.

0242ffd1eaa38e9f52960b3866b5ca82.jpg

"I'm already 30, so I would like to show viewers a more matured and straightforward acting" Jang Keun Suk once promised. To show his vengeance as Daegil, he shouted with all his energy, chewing a mud crab, fell into the dump pit...and with all these he has broke his limits as just being a flower-image boy.

Especially when he sent a live snake into his mouth, one of the main highlights of the drama. For that, people has commented him as Leonardo Di Caprio in The Revenant where he chewed the raw liver of a wild ox. It is at the level where Leonardo strives at, getting an Oscars with that work. Will Jang Keun Suk get an award with his performance in 'Daebak'? Everyone is looking forward to it.

Jang Keun Suk will be hosting the SBS Drama Awards on 31 Dec 9pm. From acting to variety, Jang Keun Suk has been kept busy up till the very last day. Will he have a great closure to the year with an award? We are all looking forward to it.
parkjy@osen.co.kr
Original source: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003453899
Translated from Chinese text by 40+ Mama Eels, Eng trans: Evelyn Tan (ECI)

[News] Jang Keun Suk kept going ZIKZIN in 2016 as well !

He has displayed the dignity of the Prince of Asia.
 Zikzin (Going straight/Straightforward) instinct of Jang Keun Suk was unstoppable in 2016 as well.

Jang Keun Suk who had a busier year than anyone else in 2016 with various peformances from acting in a drama to appearances in variety shows, was very active as "the Prince of Asia" not only in Korea but also in Japan and greater China.  He had busy days in the first half of 2016, playing the lead in the SBS drama "Daebak" and hosting Mnet "Produce 101" as MC as well as Representative Jang.  In the second half of the year he constantly communicated with fans across Asia through holding various concerts, releasing muisic albums and appearing in many TV shows.

Jang Keun Suk kicked off his friendly stage performances for this year with "2016 JANG KEUN SUK ASIA TOUR ~ IT'S SHOW TIME ~" which was held at SK Olympic Handball Stadium in Seoul on July 2nd, and it was followed by his shows in Shenzhen and Shanghai, China.  Jang Keun Suk also held concerts titled "Endless Summer" in Tokyo and Osaka, Japan.  He sang songs from OST of the dramas he acted in as well as his favorite ballads.  He also sang several songs accompanied by a string orchestra, which made a stirring gift for his fans. 

b4a89fab063fb24e03a9e020b4d47ed6.jpg

Team H, a projest group consisting of Jang Keun Suk and Big Brother, also had "TEAM H PARTY TOUR" with shows in Osaka and Yokohama.  Thanks to their tremendous popularity among their fans they had additional concerts in Tokyo and have established their distinctive music field.

Moreover, Jang Keun Suk revealed his real strength as an artist by releasing a total of four CD albums in Japan.  His first single CD "Darling Darling" likened his fans' feelings of excitment about coming to see him to how a girl feels on her way to see her beloved boy.  The second sigle CD "Endless Summer" was a song about eternal love which is just like a never-ending summer. Jang Keun Suk also released his fourth single CD "I wanna hold you/My wish" as well as Team H' fourth album "Monologue."

His appearances in various Japanese TV programs was outstanding, too.  He appeared in following shows: "Mezamashi TV,"  "Tuesday Surprise," "Sukkato Japan," "Pon !" and "LINE LIVE."  Especially in "Tuesday Surprise," a very popular entertainmet program in Japan, its production team and MC went all the way to South Korea and asked Jang Keun Suk to show them his favorite restaurants.  Jang Keun Suk boosted the show with his unique sense of humor and skillful talk.  After its broadcasting he received enthusiastic responses such as "Guen-chan" (his nickname in Japan) becoming No. 1 search word in Twitter trend.

Furthermore in "LINE LIVE," which was a part of promotional activities for his third single CD "I wanna hold you/My wish," recorded more than 300,000 views and over 3million likes, resulting in becoming the most viewed program on that day, which proved again his great popularity in Japan.

Beside alll these activities Jang Keun Suk participated in the 20th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (BiFan) as a dirctor and his short film "Great Legacy" was shown.  He also attended the 1st International Film Festival & Awards, Macao (IFFAM) as Talent Ambassador. His "Great Legacy" was screened and a special talk session with the audience was held. 

In this way Jang Keun Suk continues to work in various fields throughout Asia, demonstrates his unyielding power and remains as a leading entertainer of Korean Wave.  Jang Keun Suk, who always goes straight (ZIKZIN) with passion on his own unique path without a period or comma, his future activitles draw a lot of attention.

On the other hand Jang Keun Suk will co-host "2016 SBS Drama Awards" which will be broadcast at 9pm on December 31st with the other two co-hosts, Min Ah from "Girl's Day" and comedian Lee Hwi-jae, closing 2016 meaningfully.

cre: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003455006&spi_ref=m_entertain_twitter

Eng trans:  Marchneko-chan

[Eng Sub][Section TV] Jang Keun Suk ate snake for acting! 20161211

Spoiler

0:07 In "Daebak" lead actor JKS
0:10 Recently, there is this trend saying, if there is an actor with exceptional acting skills
0:14 if i can choose someone like this, someone with life acting skills, someone who can express himself this way
0:20 That person will definitely be JKS
0:22 With his unbelievable acting skills, eating a live snake!
0:27 in fact in 1991, i still remember now, actor Choi had a scene of eating a snake
0:35 holding the live snake with his bare hands
0:38 no one has dared to take up scenes of eating a live snake for the past 25yrs except for JKS
0:43 i've tried to compare these 2 scenes closely
0:45 Actor Choi's snake is thick and big
0:48 JKS's snake is smaller but it is a poisonous snake!
0:51 It was filmed after removing the poison and fangs of the snake
0:57 As the snake's skin was tough the scene was only completed after a couple of NGs
1:07 You can just tell from the acting that the 30yr-old JKS is so focus in his work
1:14 There is also a scene where he was buried in mud, it is already uncomfortable with usual mud
1:19 In that scene, he is even buried up to his neck in wet mud
1:27 For JKS till date, this series "Daebak" is his representative work
1:32 There is also a scene where he fell into a dump-pit for the olden days, crawling out of it
1:39 It is of course not a real dump-pit, but no matter which scene, there is really nothing you can complain about his acting
1:49 What i focus the most is...actually there was a period when JKS has alot of antis
1:50 There were also alot of bad remarks about him, but for his acting in "Daebak", their comments were
1:55 "looking at his sincerity in acting, let's stop criticizing JKS!"
2:00 Naturally, he managed to clear all bad comments, which has also encouraged his fans

[How to watch] 2016 SBS Drama Awards on December 31st, 2016

Jang Keun Suk, great actor and MC is going to appear in 2016 SBS Drama Awards on December 31st, 2016. The award festival starts at 21:00 (Korea local time).

1. http://www.ybcxz.com/index_main_12.php
2. https://aqstream.com/sbs/SBS
3. http://tv.idol001.com/video_live.php?id=584b7057cd4e7072408b4c12
4. http://www.hanyutai.com/sbs.php?mobile=no
5. http://www.521tv.net/
6. http://www.zzkorea.com/tv.php?viewtype=sbs
7. http://www.shiting5.com/tv/sbs.html
8. http://www.92flvtv.com/live/krtv/sbs3.php
9. V-LIVE SBS-DRAMA-AWARDS-REDCARPET *The red carpet starts at around 19:00
10. V-LIVE SBS-DRAMA-AWARDS

abf9b57cb87bd5132b41f31e3cfd4abd.jpg

[Video] CRI-J appears in KBS “Stars and fans who made 2016 warm”

Link video: https://twitter.com/misopricess1987/status/813907389501968385/video/1

CriJ´s good work was in KBS news. The headline was “Stars and fans who made 2016 warm”. The reporter talks about different Korean stars who gave donations during 2016. He says than the goodwill of the stars has influenced their fans, and than mentions Jang Keun Suk and Korean eels. The reporter says: “Jang Keun Suk’s fans established Jang Keun Suk’s “20th anniversary of debut volunteer corps” in 2012, and they have been doing voluntary work at an orphanage and a center for abandoned dogs. The president of Cri J, Hong Jung Ah says: “We are doing this in honor of him, but we are also doing what we anyway would wanted to do. It´s really fun, and rewarding, we achieve two things at the same time, you see.”

f5076b95c5d4a721242b7559daddac05.jpg

Original source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=056&aid=0010400896
English translation: Zoe from ECI

Archived