[Drama 2016] The Royal Gambler 대박

Go Seung Ji

[News] Jang Keun Suk’ directing movies ‘The Great Legacy & Daega Elementary School’ will be shown at IFFAM on Dec. 9th

According to the ticketing website in Macau, JKS’ directing movies ‘The Great Legacy & Daega Elementary School’ will be shown at the 1st International Film Festival & Awards Macao (IFFAM) at 15:00 on December 9th, 2016. JKS will be there and share the behind story in front of the audience like Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival (Bifan).

Original source:
IFFAM official webisite

The Great Legacy 
Director: Jang Keun-Suk

Jun-Suk is drowning in debt. Jun-Suk’s father(Young-Pal) left him a bank account but he went into coma before telling him its PIN. Jun-Suk keeps on talking to his father who’s in coma. One day Young-Pal’s electrocardiogram reacts on Jun-Suk voice. The numbers on electrocardiogram seem like the PIN.

Daega Elementary School
Director: Jang Keun-Suk

Geun-suk visits his elementary school 20 years after the graduation: the classroom, playground, the stores he used to visit near the school…. While calling up the memories from his childhood one after another, Geun-suk decides to leave a message to him 20 years later.

30582909063_6d4676c77a_z.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The #1stIFFAM invited the well-known Korean actor Mr Jang Keun Suk and Taiwanese-British actor Mr Rhydian Vaughan to be our Talent Ambassador. Jang Keun Suk will attend the Opening Ceremony of IFFAM on 8th December at Macao Cultural Center. Mr Rhydian Vaughan will attend the Closing & Award Ceremony on 13th December at the same place.

Jang Keun Suk - Well known Korean actor. At five years old, he made his debut as a childrenswear model. He made a name for himself after appearing in several dramas: “Nonstop,” “Hwang Jin Yi, “Hong Gil Dong,” “He’s Beautiful,” and Mary Stayed Out All Night","Love Rain", "Beautiful Man", "Daebak". These dramas were huge hits. Thus he received a lot of attention from overseas fans as well as Korean fans. He has also released records and albums in Japan as a singer and now he is known as the “Prince of Asia.”

8d893005f96b7fa1474ab25bcb281913.jpg

cre: https://www.facebook.com/IFFAM2016/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

[Article] IFFAM: Talent Ambassador, Jang Keun Suk on Balancing Acting and Directing

MACAO – Jang Keun-suk, the Korean actor and singer who is riding a huge wave of popularity, Friday gave the new IFFAM some necessary wow factor.

In town as the festival’s talent ambassador, Jang presented two short films that he has directed, and mingled with ordinary festival-goers. The Macao Tower venue was packed with fans of his TV shows “Beethoven Virus,” and “You’re Beautiful,” or his song “200 Miles.” Many of the fans tried to catch the 29-year-old’s eye by waving electrified banners.

“What I like the most about the IFFAM is that it is a place where I can network with people from different parts of the world, not just Korea,” said Jang.

b1e265609d221b8af0435af37cf45c29.jpg

Jang’s latest directorial work, “The Great Legacy” sees the story of a frustrated young man who waits for his comatose father to wake up and give him the PIN to his bank account. His earlier short film “Daega Elementary School” stars Jang as himself revisiting the school he graduated 20 years ago.

During the Q&A session that followed the screenings, Jang was asked to compare his two jobs—actor and director.

“Directing is of course laborious. Acting, however, is also a big deal. Actors have to create something out of nothing from within,” said Jang. “Considering my personality, I think I am more of an actor-type person.”

cre: http://variety.com/2016/film/asia/iffam-jang-keun-suk-on-balancing-acting-and-directing-1201938454/

[Article] Jang Geun Suk heats up Macao International Film and Festive Awards
Actor Jang Geun Suk attended the 1st International Film Festival & Awards Macao, IFFAM as ambassador and actor.

The IFFAM ambassador Jang Geun Suk was on the Red Carpet on the 8th. He appeared in a crown of international fans and heated up the event.

5ac4bf815d31429e228a7e985c8ddc62.jpg

Jang Geun Suk was given the plaque of appreciation along with director Choi Dong-hoon who directed "The Assassination" and "The War Of Flower" as well as Zhang Ziyi, China's most presented actress.

With his fluent English skills, he said, "I am so happy to be here at the 1st IFFAM and I hope everyone has a good time".

Not only that, he was also present as the director of his movie "The Great Heritage" and "Daega Elementary School" which were introduced throughout the festival.

After the two films were done screening, he participated in the GV and talked about his movies. He showed much affection for movies and his own.

Jang Geun Suk had a good time as the ambassador, actor and director at this event and looked back on the true meaning of 'film'.

Meanwhile, Jang Geun Suk is on his way to meet international fans at his Team Age concert in Tokyo on the 15th and 16th.

cre: http://www.hancinema.net/jang-geun-seok-heats-up-macao-international-film-and-festive-awards-101459.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

[News] Jang Keun Suk will be the MC of "2016 SBS drama awards"
According to a rep of SBS on December 14, the MCs for the '2016 SBS Drama Awards' are confirmed!

The rep claimed that the MCs will be actor Jang Keun Suk, Girl's Day's Minah, and TV personality Lee Hwi Jae, who has been the MC before!

30798789404_703fbd080b_z.jpg

The rep promised that the award ceremony this year would be even more eclectic and refreshing thanks to the synergy of the three MCs!  The drama awards will take place on December 31.

cre:   http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002875089

[Korean Media News] Jang Keun Suk to be one of MC for 2016 SBS Awards! (*only JKS parts)
Actor Jang Keun Suk and Minah from Girls Day is confirmed taking on the emcee role for 2016 SBS Awards. Both will join last year’s emcee Lee Hwi Jae to host the award ceremony on the last day of the year.
Not only popular in China, Japan and many other countries, Jang Keun Suk  has recently been appointed as the ambassador for the IFFAM, which has ascertain his position as the Asia Prince. In his role as Baek Daegil in Daebak earlier this year, he has successfully overthrown his flower boy image, and at the same time gotten praises for his great acting skills and increasing charisma.

30798789404_703fbd080b_z.jpg

The reason for looking forward to both of them emceeing does not lie only on their acting skills, both appointed emcees comes with glamorous experiences as well. Not only has Jang Keun Suk hosted various different programmes previously, this year, he has also participated in live-survival show “Produce 101”, outstandingly showing his wits.

Representative of SBS Awards expressed “with Mr Jang Keun Suk, Ms Minah and Mr Lee Hwi Jae these 3 emcees, not only will the award ceremony be enjoyable, viewers can also expect a diverse view of the show.” Which brought up the expectations of the ceremony.
2016 SBS award ceremony will happen on 31 Dec, 6pm at SBS Prism Tower.

cre: http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201612150100118150008018&servicedate=20161214

Eng trans: Evelyn Tan (ECI)

[Interview] Jang Keun Suk on ‘Shukan Josei (Weekly Women)’ Maz, Jan 3&10 issue

Q: What do you do when you recharge?
JKS: Used to go clubbing previously, eat and drink with my friends. However lately, my ears will become painful after 5 min in the club. So I will leave as soon as I greeted my friends (laugh). Now I treasure the times I relax at home. Watching movie, watch other artist live performance DVD, writing scripts. Not only it helps as a reference to my acting as well as live shows, it also brings about inspirations. Writing script is one of the projects I have to complete in my University course, professor says “to write a serious human drama” but I personally prefer comedy, hence am currently writing a story about the main lead who drank too much and cause a big commotion comedy (laugh) If I could become a director who can also write scripts in future that will be great!

31771170545_712b3a776f_z.jpg

Q: What type of role would you like to try acting in future?
JKS: When I am selecting a drama, the most important thing I look out for is one where the character fits me. Since I have long hair in my 20s, I often acted in romantic comedy, but now that I turn 30, I hope to challenge police officer, criminal type of manly role. Looking forward to getting such offers! (laugh)

Q: After getting married, how will you be?
JKS: Now that I am 30, many around me are married. Those who used to drink with me till wee hours in the morning will now head back home before 12 midnight after they are married. Everyone look blissful in their marriage. But, at the same time, they also tell me “Keun-chan, if you can, getting married at a later age is better” (laugh) I wonder what is the truth… How will I actually be when I got married… I am the type who will still need my me-time when get I am married. But I will refrain from going out party and drinking so my spouse will feel secure.

Q: (Based on Korean age) you are now entering your 30s, what has changed?
JKS: Energy level has gone down (laugh) This is a joke. However since January this year, I felt a stronger sense of responsibility, and I have to work hard, yet nothing really changed. In my 20s, I was working hard, there is little time for myself nor time to relax. I turned 30 in August, it is important to recharge in order to excel in the drama I wish to act in. I need to be zealous during worktime, and fully relax during my personal time. I feel it is important to strike a good balance between the two.

cre:  AhobabeN weibo
English translation: Hazy Lee from ECI

[Korean Entertainment News] "Asia Prince Jang Keun Suk is changing his images"
Summary about Suk: 
The reporter talks about actors who have changed their images, and Suk is one of them and that he had a flower boy image before.
Jang Keun Suk (at Daebak press con.) says something like: "This is my first work as an actor in his thirties, and I want to try something new."
The reporter mentions that he filmed sageuk again after 8 years and changed his image. That lady at 0:38 says that his popularity outside Korea is steady. Nothing is changed. Since he has a good image he can get away with a lot of things, she says.

Eng trans: Zoe Jks(ECI)

Archived