[Drama 2016] The Royal Gambler 대박

Go Seung Ji

TV series writer commends Jang Keun-suk, Yeo Jin-goo for professionalism

Korean TV network SB’s upcoming fictional historic TV series “Daebak” writer commended actors Jang Keun-suk and Yeo Jin-goo for their professionalism in an interview with local media OSEN on Thursday.

Scenario writer Kwon Soon-kyu said he was “very content” with the cast, despite the pressure Jang and Yeo faced. 

The 39-year-old Kwon said he was “honored” to work with the 28-year-old hallyu star Jang, who took the role of protagonist Dae-gil, a vagabond gambler, after a two-year hiatus on the small screen.

“The protagonist had to bear hard times, I mean, physically,” Kwon said. “I was assured several times that Jang could really go through that. He is beaten, ditched in dung barrows and rolls in the dirt on location. Surprisingly, he was very enthusiastic with the role.”

1db52e5583cbdcacbc07afc589c14a92.jpg

Kwon complimented the 18-year-old Yeo, who managed to take his first adult role, as King Yeongjo of Joseon Dynasty. Yeo previously gained recognition with many kid roles since his debut in 2005.

“Yeo himself might be under pressure with his first adult role, but I bet he could get over it,” he said. “I see his potential to be a successful actor in the future, with his deep voice tone. I think he can act in a series of classic historic series roles in the future.”
“I saw him disguised as the king with beard and mustache, and it suited really well,” Kwon added.

The series, preceded by fictional historic TV series “Six Flying Dragon,” kicked off filming Thursday. Its first episode is slated to be aired on March 22. 

http://www.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201602181751528685669_2

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New cast of Jackpot drama

• Jackpot, the Joseon-era gambling drama starring Jang Geun-seok, has added a few new cast members ahead of its premiere next month. Ahn Gil-kang (Cheese in the Trap) will play the son of a military legend. He’ll teach Jang’s character martial arts and act as his right-hand man, and eventually go head-to-head with opposition leader(Jeon Gwang-ryul).
  • Meanwhile, Kim Ga-eun (Awl) will play a sought-after gisaeng in a complicated loveline with Jang Geun-seok. She grew up poor and with a singular goal of becoming rich. She succeeds in becoming a top gisaeng, but her life will take a turn after meeting our protagonist.
  • And, last but not least, Yoon Ji-hye (High Society) is cast as a determined and frugal woman with guts and courage. She’ll run a gambling den; presumably where Jang learns his trade. Jackpot airs on SBS on Mondays and Tuesdays after the conclusion ofSix Flying Dragons.
  • bites_daebak1.jpgcre http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/news-bites-february-20-2016/

[News] A cheering tour for "Dae Gil" whom Jang Keun Suk plays in SBS drama "Daebak" in April

According to Japan Jang Keun Suk fan club, a cheering tour of Jang Keun Suk’ new drama ‘Daebak’ is scheduled in April. This tour was planned by Frau International to celebrate the first drama that Jang Keun Suk appears in 2 years. The tour of three days and two nights starts on April 4th. The participants will visit the shooting site and see the drama with Jang Keun Suk. There seems a mini talk show, too. How lucky the participants are!

24643250114_785a1a7357_z.jpg

cre: http://www.koari.net/products/detail.php?product_id=9264

Archived