[Drama 2016] Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi 욱씨남정기

QSD

I forgot to comment earlier, uri WJ is such a cutiepie with the hearts coming out of his eyes and imagining Ahjumma as Sailormoon :P lol the ex husbands plans are not going his way as the employees are rebelling with strikes, not signing that paper work, gathering signatures, begging for ODJ to come back and NJG finally standing up to the president and the ex :) lol the second cute test scene was when NJG's father and that kids grandma act like school children as they blushed :)

ODJ Shines Bright Like A Diamond As She Makes Her Entrance :P

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First comment on this thread, I started watching this drama a week ago and I was kind of surprised. To me, Ms Temper isn't a woman with a bad temper, but a real strong-minded, ambitious, fierce and self-confident woman who has already experienced many hardships which have toughened her. Sure, she needs to show more sensibility that's why she was mistaken by her three husbands.

The first one didn't trust her because he thought that since she was ambitious, she would do anything for her career. He lacked self-confidence and was jealous of his wife.

The second wasn't courageous enough to protect his wife from his mother. Besides, since she came from a lower social background, she was seen as golddigger. To me, he thought, since she was a strong woman, she could stand against his mother, but this must have been tiring for her to act like a "man". So the second misjudged her strength.

The third one misjudged ODK because she has a cold demeanor. He thought, she was a coldhearted business woman like him, but she isn't . I really like her, even much more than the other female characters.  She is just a misunderstood woman, but the other problem is that all the men are jealous of her, since she could advance so quickly in the ladder. However, her gender has always been a problem.

A study revealed that a woman who is so good at her job, reachs a high position and can make tough decisions will always have a bad reputation, especially if you compare it to the reputation of successful businessmen. There is reason why nowadays there are less women on CEO positions or on manager positions.

What ODK loves above anything else is hardworking, dedication and fairness. She is a demanding person, but she isn't lazy either. She expects from herself and from others the same engagement. She hates corruption, dirty tricks. She is a tough business woman, but she has a sense of loyalty and justice. Interesting is that NJG has learnt from her a lot. He talked back many times to the CEO and he even explained to Lee without any hesitation what happiness means for workers. Money can't replace everything. He even dared to talk back to Vice Chief Jang. Something he wouldn't have dared to do in the past. Unlike the other ex-husbands, he has seen ODK's vulnerability and he can reflect on his mistakes. He is different from the others because he isn't greedy or  selfish or self-centered. He is questioning himself a lot, while the others don't do it. The fact he tried to protect the other workers by sacrifying himself shows the difference between him and the other ex-husbands.

I have to say that I don't like Miss A.MR very much. She dared to act like a victim from NBM, while she was the one who misunderstood him. He never said that he was related to Ok. Sure, he could have corrected her. Moreover, he saved her many times and she was the one who backstabbed the team... so her lies were much bigger than his. I don't know, she is so selfish... while NBM never took advantage from her, quite the opposite. AMR was the one who benefited the most from it.

@bebebisous33, i like your insightful, agreed with you even nowsday world,who everyone talk about same treat to gender and emansipation still this world belong to 'men', this drama is good in term to expline what is really going on in the life when women has carier, as wife ms.Han struggel with double responbilty, in the office who she want found herself as person and get some income to support her family ..and when she come home so many housecore wait her, and even her husband not value her sacrifice, ODJ have diferent  level bad experience to become who she is now, stigma why she become sucsesful businesswomen never distrub her to making judgment in her life and work place,rational,strong minded,cool person who every one envy  and want to be..even the cute boy fall in love with her personality...lol..and yes Jmr.is in the way to see manykind and unkind treatmen to opened her eyes to fine herself and to value Nbg as person not who is his backing.so many issues need to solved in this coming episode...i think 16 episode is not enough.

I love reading @bebebisous33 and @mujay 's brilliant commentaries re.women and the workplace in this drama and in the society's context.  I must say it was so difficult for me to watch Manager Han's scenes a couple of episodes ago.... because there was a point in my life where it happened to me. Sort of.

Many other women experience worse things than I did. I know a colleague who had to go through depression. Luckily for her, husband turned into a stay at home father (and a good one at that!).Yet another had to live separately from her husband . Both women are very capable people. 

However, I'm afraid I have to say that there are bad female bosses, just as there are bad male bosses. Their people skills (and leadership skills) are poor. In addition, there are female (and male) bosses who get their positions simply by connections.  These setbacks must also factor in the lack of female top executives apart from gender inequality. 

@Mico Ricco So glad to meet you here after Signal! Thanks so much for your pics of Princess Serenity... I mean Sailor Moon. Eheheh. I was such a fan. ;)

Now if only we had Endymion/Masked Tuxedo here. 

@bebebisous33 Jang Mi-ri is such an interesting character in her own right. Her victimization of herself (how she mostly sees herself as a victim of her circumstances) makes Mi-ri the most complicated character that Hwang Bo-ra has played afaik. I'm curious about this character's background.

Like my friend @bebebisous33, it's my first time posting here. Hello @Mico Ricco!

I agree, when women are aggressive and successful in their careers, they're viewed as overbearing, pushy and arrogant. I bet, if Ok Da Jung were a guy, he wouldn't be getting the same flak she's receiving. Interestingly, they also showed us another cliche which is that of successful women not having personal happiness if they're successful in their careers. With the parade of ex-husbands she has had, I wonder, how many ex-husbands does she have? Lol. Anyway, I love Ok Da Jung, experience made her confident, unapologetic and brash. She may rub people the wrong way, but she calls them as she sees them, which is a rare trait in Korean women. They're generally viewed as docile. 

Nam Jung Gi also isn't your ordinary guy either. He's brilliant even if he comes across as being a pushover. He stands up for his principles and is intuitive. I love how evolved he is because he recognizes everyone else's contribution to the company, he doesn't sit on his laurels, he works hard in order to improve some more. He may have been passive at first but with the proper mentoring from ODJ, he came through on his own. He isn't easily swayed either, he's consistently steadfast and loyal to his friends and Lovely. With the way he mothers the staff, he's definitely more in touch with his feminine side. 

I do think, that at this point in their lives, ODJ and NJG are perfect for each other. They complement each other in temperament and if they're not destined to be together in the biblical sense, then they would certainly make great best friends. However, I seem to be detecting shades of jealousy coming from NJG and ODJ isn't entirely immune to his charms either.

Lastly, Woo Joo's hero worship. Omg, I don't think I have seen anything more cute than the tantrum he threw while proclaiming he wanted to marry the lady next door. Clearly, he needs a mom and ODJ seems to be filling that void in him. It also doesn't hurt when he's seeing her as the alpha among the older adults he has been used to.  The highlight of the latest ep is Sailor Moon though...I died! Lol. 

6 hours ago, b2stsb2uty said:

can someone plz upload a gif of ODJ in that sailor moon outfit?

can I also say that I really want her and the husband that got fired from Gold back together ( I think he was first).

NO,i don't want this guy(1st ex) like @bebebisous33 said all her husband has flaws who Da jung can't tolerated and accepted, so that way she had divorce 3rd time, what she really need now is the guys who can share idea with her,not over protected nor to ignore her when she had hard time, ODJ is type is suitable to personality like NJG, smart ,and presistence,honest man who can cooling down ODJtemper without agitate her personality...they can learn each other view to solve problem..deputy NAM should prove he is not timid and cowardly person and Ok bong should learn to control her temper and more social like, actually i prefer NWJ...lol...this couple more fun then the other...his imagination killing me even i predict before still i can't handle brust out....ha..ha..ha..Sailormoon came to saved lovely...:P:grin:

7 hours ago, anopinion said:

Ms. Temper & Nam Jung-gi    2.673%

This is the highest rating yet.  Maybe it can reach 3 on next week.  In any case, I think they already considered this drama has accomplished much more than their 4 previous shows since 2014.

After watching epi 13, i hate President Jo for his fool, now he knows about bad Lee Ji Sang.. but then he blamed Ok Dajung and accused her that she has plan it since she move to Lovely??ahh really ?? OKbon has warned him many times but he didnt wanna know it.. ahhh.. what kind of president he is??! Look what he can do for Lovely if there's no Okbon as the Chief.. chinca chinca.. stupid Jo sajangnim..

And LoL to Woo Joo and his broken heart.. hahaaa.. see how cute he throws his face infront of Ahnjumma Ok and how cute also Ahnjummma Ok throws her face too.. LOL... they fight so cute

its rating as if it is a Cha-Cha dance

aGi9kn8.jpg

credit : ko.wikipedia - 욱씨남정기

Cl1aKaI.jpg

@drmjs@selenette nice to see you here too. 

@b2stsb2uty WooJoo is so fond of ODJ and in a child's world she is Princess Serenity.:)

To WooJoo, he did not want to end up like his "timid" father so he did not believe in his family motto "Think about the consequences before you act out of anger".:D

But NJG is really so misunderstood.  i agreeing with @drmjs - NJG is a person of justice, loyal, hardworking, not believing in failure, team work, etc etc .  He is not any ordinary man; he is way above this.

About NJG, I would say that in the start, he was someone who didn't like to take responsabilities. But now, he is having more and more responsabilities because ODJ is pushing him to do it. When he received the order to make the evaluation so that someone would be fired, he didn't refuse, he really did it, but he decided to sacrifice himself. His selflessness is something that distinguishes him from all the other ex-husbands. He doesn't care about his own reputation, he cares more for the others which is what ODJ admires. On the other hand, he had the tendency not to fight and this has changed as he criticised Vice-chief Jang or the CEO. As for the CEO, I am hoping that he has learnt his lesson. From the start, he never acknowledged what NJG did for the company, he chose first the other, until the delict of the latter was discovered. Then he let NJG to stop working, although the latter had been the one who put so much efforts for that company. To me, the CEO has always made the wrong decisions. He has always been a little full of himself and never acknowledged the work from the workers. IT was ODJ who came to him and not the other way around... which proves to me that she was the one who recognised the true value of LOVELY: NJG's products  were the reason why she came to LOVELY.

But I have to say that her first ex-husband isn't that bad, he is helping her all this time.

As for Han, I loved how the writer and director pointed out the unfairness towards working mothers who have to work the double amount than their husband and their work isn't recognised by society. For mothers who are staying at home, working mothers are seen as heartless (how could they abandon their child?) and for the others, working mothers who often work part-time are seen as if they would work less because they don't work that much compared to other workers. 

Archived