[Drama 2016] Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi 욱씨남정기

QSD

15 hours ago, tikamacika said:

Hi chingu i'm new in this thread. Tq for all your update. Omo i really love LYW style here :wub:

And hey hey @QSD you are sucha fashionistahhh :glasses: :blush:

Hello chingu, good to see more of you here.

I’m a fashionista in my dream.  I can be one by just looking at LYW’s style as well.

6 hours ago, Mico Ricco said:

credit : koreaportal.com

'Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi' Star Lee Jo Won Discovers The Thrill Of Telling Her Boss To Go Shove It On The K-Drama

by Jesse L. / Mar 24, 2016 06:01 PM EDT

Nice article.  Thanks for the finding.  Excellent!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

[Official Vid] 160324 ArirangTV 'Showbiz Korea' - "Ms Temper & Nam Junggi" Presscon cut (10:55-18:21)

Guest adikkeluangman

From Chansung twitter 

TRANS : Soon! JTBC Fri/Sat drama "Ms Temper & Nam Junggi" airs at 8:30PM! If you're looking for daily life refreshments tune in! (by 2pmalways)

-----
Happy watching to everyone.

Guest adikkeluangman

<욱씨남정기> Chansung's Handsome Behind Photos!

CeXQiUfVIAEBU-V.jpgCeXQiY2UsAA1nFp.jpg

Spoiler

CeXQigPUAAAoXVv.jpgCeXQii2UYAAZ_Me.jpg

사진제공: JTBC

-----
Chansung asked about yesterday episode.

TRANS: Did you enjoy watching it? (by 2pmalways

-----
This drama also started aired on JTBC2 yesterday.

I just finish ep3, many thanks to Dramafever team for fast subbing! :)

The story gets better and better with more complicated business things involved. 
I totally understand and feel sympathy towards Lovely. They are not a bunch of cowards with no pride. They are just not in the position to negotiate nor fight back. Because I'm working in a similar position like them, as unreasonable and frustrating as it is, many times we must apologize although we're not at fault. Business world is cruel, big companies rule the industry...
ODJ just resigned at Gold cosmetic, the superior who is account for 30% of the market, she was always in upper hand before. Now she's working at Lovely, a subordinate in the industry. She's fighting against Gold or more exactly, fighting with the a$$hole a.k.a Gold's director and it freaks Lovely's ppl out. I don't know how she can manage to keep the pride at workplace and Lovely staff's paycheck at the same time. Well, ODJ, go and kick some a$$! 

I hope the drama keeps on track with what really happens in reality. It doesn't make sense to me when they made purchasing order thru a phone call and didn't bother to confirm after that by a contract or at least email. It's not a small business, it's big business after all. And it also doesn't make sense when they returned the materials by just saying the quality was not satisfied. I'm like: WTF, to return sth to the supplier, u must at least show the evidences (lab test or whatever). Damn, ODJ must take legal action against them and ask them for compensation :angry: haha, I know that it's not easy as it sounds :cry: 

Despite the headache caused by business thingy, ep3 is really entertaining and hilarious, like animation effects or Mr. Timid with his mantra: 4,830,000 won (I can't believe I remember the number)... :lol: 

Can't wait for tonight's ep, ODJ's first ex makes his appearance today, YAY! :sweatingbullets: He's more charming than NJG, IMO :P

credit : The Inquisitr News

‘Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi’ Surprises By Switching Authority Personalities Between Male And Female Lead Characters In K-Drama

March 26, 2016

Jan Omega

When it comes to Korean dramas (K-dramas), most of the time the production will often utilize a male and female couple as the lead characters. In 2015 alone, the most-popular K-dramas – Producer, She Was Pretty, Mask, Beloved Eun Dong, Twenty Again, The Girl Who Sees Smells, and Yong Pal – utilized this lead character combination.

Despite the aforementioned detail being quite popular when it comes to casting in K-dramas, it seems writers rarely stray away from certain conditions synonymous with it. One example includes the couple starting out on bad terms but eventually ending up on good terms. Another is the couple will eventually end up in a relationship by the end of the series.

For this article, however, the one condition that needs to be explained is the authority personality, as in the male actor is the authority personality while the female actress is the subordinate. It may sound stereotypical, gender-specific, or even sexist, but that does not negate the scenario that is usually there. Take Yong Pal, for example. The female lead character, Han Yeo Jin (played by Kim Tae Hee), is the heiress of a major organization but she is in a coma. She is subject to “Yong Pal” Kim Tae Hyun (played by Joo Won), the doctor who holds her life in his hands.

In summary, most K-dramas have male lead characters as the authority personality while the female lead characters are subordinate. Ergo, Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi is peculiar. The currently-airing K-drama received much notice from fans for having the authority roles switched between the male and female leads.

Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi (also known as Bad-Tempered Grown-Ups) is a K-drama about the trials and tribulations experienced when a timid man and an aggressive woman work together, as detailed by AsianWiki. It is written by Joo Hyun and directed by Lee Hyeong Min. The lead characters are a male and female couple. Yoon Sang Hyun plays Nam Jung Gi, a section chief for a cosmetics company who is timid and has a nice personality. Lee Yo Won plays Ok Da Jung, an aggressive woman with a bad temper who has been divorced three times and ends up as Jung Gi’s boss. Needless to say, the main characters’ contrasting personalities will surely be entertaining.

What one must notice about the Nam Jung Gi and Ok Da Jung’s positions in the company and personalities is the fact the male lead is not the authority personality. By being timid and not wanting to fight, he is always subjugating himself not just to Da Jung, but to everyone. Such a personality does not do well around a person with Da Jung’s personality, though often leading to more issues between the two. Da Jung’s “take the bull by the horns” approach often causes more disdain for Jung Gi.

K-drama fans have taken note of the peculiar authority personality switch and find it unique. It is even more unique that Yoon Sang Hyun is playing Nam Jung Gi compared to his past roles. True, he’s played nice characters before, but never to this extreme, as reported by Kdrama Stars. Besides playing the nice Jung Gi in Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi, Sang Hyun also played a nice attorney in I Hear Your Voice and a personal butler to a bad-tempered, spoiled heiress in Take Care of the Young Lady.

Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi began airing on March 18, 2016. The series has 16 episodes, airing new episodes on Fridays and Saturdays at 8:30 p.m. KST on JTBC. For those who do not have access to Korean channels, it can be viewed for free, with ads, at Viki and DramaFever.

2 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I hope the drama keeps on track with what really happens in reality. It doesn't make sense to me when they made purchasing order thru a phone call and didn't bother to confirm after that by a contract or at least email. It's not a small business, it's big business after all.

I have heard that it is common (local) practice in some countries of doing business via Trust(ing each other).  For a consumer product, it must make it on the shelf as quickly as possible so that it makes a first impressive impression before others in the industry catches up.

For the orders over the phone, NJG explained to ODJ that Lovely will follow up with the requisition / purchase order.  ODJ totally disapproving this and going forward a purchase order (or sales order) must be issued before orders can be accepted.  ODJ is shaking up the old practice ... much to everyone's displeasure, both internally and externally.

Archived