[Drama 2016] Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi 욱씨남정기

QSD

6 hours ago, QSD said:

If you watch ep 8 at the scenes between ODJ and her first ex in addition to their flashback, you will understand her past isn’t what Dir Kim spouting.  It’s most likely that ODJ had a similar incident like Mi Ri but she’s powerless back then to fight back, and such the indecent rumor started spreading around.

Yes, and what's worst was, her husband also didn't believe in her, so sad!

The 1st ex is kind of insecure. His insecurities clouded his mind to see the truth and he is showing this again to ODJ when he mumbled to her about her relationship with NJG. He believes right away what he hears. Now, I see why our Ms. Temper wouldn't want to go back to him, because sooner or later they would again break up. But I can see now that he is really sincere about his feelings towards her and perhaps that's what makes him feel insecure. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/8/2016 at 3:20 AM, QSD said:

12930739_997774080338573_1836728681_n.jp

Wow... what a huge cake!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE YOWON!

8 hours ago, ninimi said:

Finished ep.7..

Wow Dajung's omma is a nice person.. though at first we thought she was more temper than Ms. Temper, in fact she loves helping people and welcome The  Nam's so well.. but still Her Omma wins againts Dajung.

What is her illness? It sounds bad.... still curious about her past... Why Dajung hate her mom after her father's death? Did her father die becoz he's too tired of working or what?

And Dajung's past.. it was so bitter.. but i dont think she slept together.. maybe just entertaining? just get along by dinner like Jang Miri?

But i am sure it was Kim who made her did such a thing.. like what happened to Miri by Lovely manajer.. ahh.. those bastard  

And poor Dajung.. now Junggi knows her past.. fortunately it's just Junggi. Not Park.. if it was Park.. i am sure he will spread the story.. i know that man love gossiping... sigh

Ms. Temper was so helpless in this episode.. :(

On 4/9/2016 at 9:57 AM, conankung said:

I am curious why his marriage with our Ms Temper didn't work out. Her mom said 1st ex was better than the other ex-husbands, so this guy is not so good then? Mmm.. can't wait to know the story behind and his persona.

'욱씨남정기' 이요원이 해결한 성희롱 사건 '사이다'(종합)
'Ms. Temper & Nam Jung-gi' Lee Yo-won settles the sexual harassment case 'refreshingly' (Round-up)

201604092120203861017_20160409214602_01_

Comments:

1. [+1797, -11] Lee Yo-won's so charming as Okcrush... Hwang Chan-sung is the joker in this drama ㅋㅋ

2. [+1691, -19] This is not a drama about marrying into a chaebol family but it unravels real issues of the generation today. It's great that they don't have a passive female lead.

3. [+1300, -18] Hwang Chan-sung is hilarious ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's acting well.

4. [+1086, -8] Yoon Sang-hyun and Lee Yo-won's acting is really gab!!

5. [+1105, -20] tvN has its Reply series. Ms. Temper & Nam Jung-gi will become something like that for JTBC. This drama is 'very good'.

Cr. Herald Pop

Source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002802044

'욱씨남정기' 황보라, 상사 안상우에 성추행 당했다
'Ms. Temper & Nam Jung-gi' Hwang Bo-ra, subjected to superior Ahn Sang-woo's sexual harassment

20160409211305386rout.jpg

Comments:

1. [+921, -10] Today's scenes were so realistic and bitter...

2. [+679, -17] ㅡㅡAh that bas...tard... Ms. Temper & Nam Jung-gi is a must-watch. These are things I see in the news. My comment wasn't deleted for the swearing ㅆ

3. [+484, -6] Ah !!! I'm watching it now and it's so so interesting...

Cr. xportsnews

Source: http://media.daum.net/entertain/drama/newsview?newsid=20160409211305900

'욱씨남정기' 뭉클한 동료애..최고 시청률 또 경신
'Ms. Temper & Nam Jung-gi' touching comradeship... marks highest viewership ratings

20160410102639943rwvw.jpg

Comments:

1. [+324, -3] Having fun watching the dramaㅎ Lee Yo-won's so cute when she gigglesㅎ heomheom~ just my own opinion~

2. [+254, -3] I just watched the rerun and it was so moving that I cried. Lee Yo-won's not my favourite star but this time she seems like a great fit both looks-wise and speech-wise for this stubborn character. Dramas are to fulfill fantasies. People watch DotS for the beautiful couples. Ms. Temper brings out earnestness, bitterness and it touched me.

3. [+198, -3] Lee Yo-won has great charisma and her acting's improved a lot. She was a little lacking in Empire of Gold. It may just be me but I thought she was a little dry and her posture weak. I think if she improves on that she'll be a really good actor.

Cr. xportsnews

Source: http://media.daum.net/entertain/drama/newsview?newsid=20160410102640301

credit : The Inquisitr News 

‘Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi’: Direction Supporting Feminism Makes K-Drama Very Popular On JTBC

April 9, 2016
Jan Omega

When Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi first aired back on March 18, 2016, many in the K-drama community were surprised. Generally in K-dramas, the male lead character in a couple would be the authority personality despite what their actual role was in the plot. In Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi, the typical couple situation was switched as Ok Da Jung (played by Lee Yo Won) was the authority personality while Nam Jung Gi (played by Yoon Sang Hyun) was the submissive, or timid, personality.

Needless to say, the unique direction, one that strayed away from what was usually normal for K-dramas, favored Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi as it opened with favorable ratings for a series on JTBC. Yet, a successful debut means absolutely nothing if Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi is unable to capitalize on it. Thankfully, the directing, storytelling, and acting from the cast have been more than phenomenal.

However, there is one detail about Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi that stands out from the rest, and that is its direction of supporting feminism. Apparently, K-drama fans find high favor in such a direction as proven through viewership ratings for JTBC. They are the highest since 2014.

For those who kept up with Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi, the direction for feminism would not be surprising given how Ok Da Jung’s character is portrayed. She is fearless, strong, confident, intelligent, and knows how to do her job without lowering herself. However, in the latest episodes – Episodes 7 and 8 aired on Friday and Saturday, May 8 and 9, 2016 – the K-drama really pushed the feminism support through the direction of issues women in the workplace suffer just to either get by or to be successful. In Episode 7, it was revealed that Da Jung was not always the strong woman she is presently as Kim Hwan Gyoo, Da Jung’s former superior at Golden Chemicals, makes it known to Nam Jung Gi that Da Jung used to “entertain” potential partners and clients to be successful.

Episode 8, however, highlighted a far more serious issue pertaining to women in the workplace. Jang Mi Ri (played by Hwag Bo Ra), a product designer for Lovely Cosmetics, was asked by a superior to accompany him to a restaurant to discuss her becoming a full-time employee. Instead, she was sexually assaulted by the superior. Though she was able to escape, Mi Ri was torn between reporting the situation or letting it go just to up her chances of becoming full-time.

The seriousness of the situation in the latest two episodes really boosted ratings for Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi, but the overall direction for feminism has been beneficial for the K-drama as well as JTBC. As a matter of fact, the last time a K-drama for JTBC had continuous high ratings was back in December of 2014 with Maids. After that, all the other JTBC K-dramas, including Falling for Innocence, Beloved Eun Dong, Last, D-Day, and Madame Antoine have averaged around 1.25 percent viewership for both TNS Media Korea and AGB Nielsen. Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi is earning an average of 2.5 percent viewership for both.

If viewership rating trends continue, Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi may reach into four or five percent viewership ratings. This would be a monumental task for JTBC because it is a premium channel, meaning South Koreans have to pay for the channel to watch its shows, similar to HBO or Showtime. Ergo, more than two percent viewership rating on such a channel is extremely successful.

Ms. Temper & Nam Jung Gi is currently halfway done with eight episodes aired, eight remaining. It airs on JTBC, a premium channel in South Korea, on Fridays and Saturdays at 8:30 KST. For those who do not have access to such channels, it can be viewed for free, with ads, on both DramaFever and Viki pending region.

There are some things which bothered me in Episodes 7 and 8.

The first is the Nam family living in ODJ's house. Honestly, I think how they "overstayed their welcome" was really annoying. I get that the her mother was really insistent on them staying (just to spite her daughter for making her lose face in front of others), but DJ is right in that that isn't her house and she doesn't have the authority to do so. By right, shouldn't the Nam family volunteer to move out, instead of capitalising on their conflict? That's certainly the polite thing to do. The fact that they decided to stay was (for lack of a better word) kind of shameless. NJG seems like the only person with sense in the household. I really can't believe his father was a teacher too. Also, I really like Bong-gi, but using the washroom when she explicitly told him not to was plain rude. If it were me I'd been super pissed.

The second part which was "uncomfortable" was ODJ's parent issues. We get the same old of kdramas again. AND, her mum happens to be sick, it may be cancer too. I'm guessing they're not going to go the terminal illness + reconcilation route but they'll probably do something similar, like without the terminal illness. Still, this trope is super overused. I wish they didn't have that really.

Yoon Sang-hyun filming...

14 hours ago, nikachan2008 said:

I am curious why his marriage with our Ms Temper didn't work out. Her mom said 1st ex was better than the other ex-husbands, so this guy is not so good then? Mmm.. can't wait to know the story behind and his persona.

Aside from what we know of his intention is to coming back to ruin ODJ, he is also a financial expert.  He loves the money so much that he can literally smell it.   

This time is the best opportunity for him to deal with her now that she’s distracting by her mom’s health.  Guess we are all curious what’s up with their marriage.  Maybe she stopped him from making some shady money so that’s why he still has resentment towards her up until now.  Don’t know.

I love this drama so much, and Lee yoo won ply icy cool women with perfect, her gesture explined well ,her smart and fierless personaity, she is rock stone who live in nasty bussines a male ego,her past must be hard and full off tears..seem Jang mi ri situation ever happen in her life and her issue never settled because even her husband did not trust her. the humour in this drama from the start is really good, especialy time they live in,Da jung house and.relationship betwen Woo jo and ahjumma is the best....

helo allgomawo for your updates, pics and LYW fashions, they are all daebak!

well new development and this drama turn more interesting

with her personality, i wonder, what made her marry a man, i mean : marry to someone is a big deal, especially in SK.

and she is a young woman, from one marriage to the next one, how long did she take? did she do that on purpose, not with heart, but coz of circumstances? for instance, the second hubby (i think) he is not her type at all.....but he is rich and has many connections in entertainment. or.. actually she hates creature named "man" ...omo...this drama has psychology point of view....please if any of you may explain and share your thought

Archived