[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out first official visuals of Song Joong Ki, Jang Dong Gun, Kim Ji Won, & more in 'Arthdal Chronicles' teaser

tvN's blockbuster, ancient historical drama 'Arthdal Chronicles' has revealed its first official teaser!

The short, but dramatic, heart-stopping teaser above highlights some of the first key visuals of the story's leads including Song Joong Ki, Jang Dong Gun, Kim Ji Won, and Kim Ok Bin. 'Arthdal Chronicles' tells the story of the people of an ancient land known as 'Arth', as they struggle, war, and love in the hopes of building an ideal civilization. Among this people, a legendary hero is born!

The 100% pre-filmed production is set to premiere this June. Are you excited for 'Arthdal Chronicles'?....source credit @https://www.allkpop.com/video/2019/04/check-out-first-official-visuals-of-song-joong-ki-jang-dong-gun-kim-ji-won-more-in-arthdal-chronicles-teaser

Watch: New tvN Drama Starring Song Joong Ki, Jang Dong Gun, And More Releases Gripping First Teaser

Watch: New tvN Drama Starring Song Joong Ki, Jang Dong Gun, And More Releases Gripping First Teaser

Apr 13, 2019
by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “Arthdal” (working title) has released its first teaser!

“Arthdal” is a fantasy drama that takes place in the mythical city of Arthdal, which is said to have been the capital city of the Gojoseon kingdom. It will address the love, conflict, and harmony between the residents of Arthdal as the city grows and gives birth to a hero.

The teaser starts off with Jang Dong Gun’s character Ta Gon firmly gazing at a fire while Song Joong Ki demands, “Where’s Ta Gon?” The video shows glimpses of Song Joong Ki as Eun Sum with unruly hair and wild paint on his face, Kim Ji Won as successor Tan Ya, and Kim Ok Bin as the beautiful Taeilha. A voice narrates, “The desire to be filled at the expense of life. You can’t trust anyone.”

In particular, this makes viewers wonder about the relationship between Ta Gon, Eun Som, Tan Ya, and Taeilha as well as the founding process of Arthdal.

This historical drama contains never-before-seen make-up and costumes as well as the chemistry of a legendary cast. There are high expectations of the story as well as the performance of the four leading actors who display an extraordinary presence.

On December 5, 2018, the cast gathered for the opening ceremony of the drama. Then on April 9, Hanbit Media Labor Rights Center called out the drama for failing to provide adequate working conditions for its staff members.

“Arthdal” is set to premiere sometime in June.

Check out the teaser below!

source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1317107wpp/watch-new-tvn-drama-starring-song-joong-ki-jang-dong-gun-and-more-releases-gripping-first-teaser

Song Joong Ki’s Drama at Risk of Being Delayed? tvN Releases First Official Teaser of ‘Asadal Chronicles”

Sat, Apr 13, 2019 6:28 AM..  

20190413280d7f11bd3d6b99e_th_1024x0.jpg

Photo by: Blossom Entertainment/Facebook

Song Joong Ki is starring in a new drama called “Asadal Chronicles” and it is coming soon. However, it seems it will be delayed after the drama was reported to South Korea’s Labor Administration for the alleged poor working condition in the filming set.

Based on the report, the production crew in Song Joong Ki’s “Asadal Chronicles” are overworked, with their schedule of continuous filming for about 20 hours per day, especially if they are abroad. The Hanbit Media Labor Rights Center, that was founded after the death of “Drinking Alone” drama, stated that they will be looking into the case as they want to protect the rights and health of the employees working in the show business.

Moreover, in response to the complaints from employees working in Song Joong Ki’s newest drama, the Hanbit Center submitted a letter to the Labor Administration and requested for an official to be assigned to the set of “Asadal Chronicles” for work supervision. In light of the issues with the labor, there is a chance that Song Hye Kyo’s husband’s drama is going to be delayed. 

This is because the case is being investigated and officials are in the process of considering steps to take to avoid further issues with the employees assigned to Song Joong Ki’s “Asadal Chronicles” drama.

"Many staff members of 'Asadal' have suffered from long hours of labor. We filed initial complaints, but the conditions have not improved. In the case of filming abroad, the staff members would work over 20 hours a day," Soompi quoted an official from Hanbit as saying.

Meanwhile, the “Asadal Chronicles” would be Song Joong Ki’s first project and drama after tying the knot with Song Hye Kyo in October 2017. He is the lead actor in this drama and will star alongside “Descendants of the Sun” co-star Kim Ji Won and Jang Dong Gun.

Kim Ok Bin will also be in the case of this tvN drama that is expected to arrive in the second half of 2019. For a bit of teaser, tvN also released the first preview for "Asadal Chronicles" and it showed interesting story sequel. Check out the video below:

Source Credit @https://www.econotimes.com/Song-Joong-Kis-Drama-at-Risk-of-Being-Delayed-tvN-Releases-First-Official-Teaser-of-Asadal-Chronicles-1525283

Highly-anticipated upcoming drama, Arthdal Chronicles, drops teasers of the 4 leads

tvn 기ëÂÂì ìÂÂì¤ë¬ ì°ëÂÂ기 주ì° 4ì¸방 í°젠ë¹Â주ì¼.jpgif | ì¸ì¤í°ì¦Â

b7de383d5e04b864a541c9c7bc8ec82e.gif

-I wonder what genre this drama is actually in...

-Is this a fantasy drama??

-Whoa, look at these visuals... Those gifs of Song Joongki remind me of A Werewolf Boyㅠㅠ He literally doesn't age at all, I guess I'm the only one who doesㅠㅠ

-I think Song Joongki reminds me of his previous movie, A Werewolf Boy...? And Jang Donggun is very handsome... Even with that hairstyle...

-Whoa, this is amazing... I'm absolutely going to watch this...

-Hul... I thought Song Joongki was V in those gifs...!!

-I can't figure out what kind of drama is this going to be...

-This is insane... Song Joongki and Kim Jiwon in one drama...ㅠㅠㅠ

-Look at the casts of this drama...ㄷㄷ

-Hul... Are they airing this soon??
 ㄴAh... It's going to start airing on June...

-Song Joongki doesn't age at all... I was surprised to see that he still looks exactly the same like how he looked in A Werewolf Boy...

Reimagining the birth of an ancient empire in tvN’s Asadal Chronicles...by tipsymochaasadalchronicles-teaser41303.jpg

This teaser looks pretty epic, which scares the worrier in me, because the higher the expectations, the higher the potential fall. One of the year’s most anticipated shows, tvN’s Asadal Chronicles, has just released its first teaser and we get our first glimpse of the show’s impressive lineup, Song Joong-ki(Descended From the Sun), Jang Dong-gun(Suits), Kim Ji-won (Fight My Way), and Kim Ok-bin (Children of a Lesser God), in all their tribal glory.

The clip first shows Jang Dong-gun cutting an imposing, and evil-looking, figure, as Song Joong-ki asks offscreen where he can find him. His answer is Asadal, the legendary capital city of the ancient kingdom of Gojoseon, which is where I’m assuming Song Joong-ki is urgently headed, sporting some intense face paint. The captions on the teaser say, “If you survive, may you become a legend.” Offscreen, a man warns that no one should be trusted, especially given the existence of those who would “satisfy their greed by destroying others.”

We get some glimpses of some impressively epic scenes that look somewhat related to pagan rituals and a stone-constructed room filled with soldiers. These brief flashes, especially of the armored and be-feathered soldiers, look a little anachronistic, given that it reminds me more of ancient Greece and medieval Europe than prehistoric Korea, but we’ll roll with it. The clip ends with shots of our female leads, with Kim Ji-won similarly sporting some face paint and Kim Ok-bin looking quite regal, and then Jang Dong-gun and Song Joong-ki to round out the foursome.

So, as much as I’m eager to see how Asadal will fictionalize the founding of the Gojoseon empire, which is itself recorded in history as a mix of mythology and fact (?), I’m also generally worried whether the show can pull off the grand scale of the story without letting it implode into a mess of campy CGI and cringe-worthy portrayals of “primitive” Koreans. That’s probably the pessimist in me, but I’m holding out hope for the show because directing Asadal is PD Kim Won-seok, who has a very impressive list of credits for tvN, including My Ajusshi, Signal, and Misaeng. And equally impressive are the credits attributed to the writer duo, Kim Young-hyun and Park Sang-yeon, who also collaborated on Circle: Two Connected Worlds, Six Flying Dragons, and Tree With Deep Roots.

Asadal Chronicles is slated to premiere on tvN in June.

asadalchronicles-teaser41301.jpg

asadalchronicles-teaser41302.jpg

asadalchronicles-teaser41304.jpg

asadalchronicles-teaser41305.jpg

asadalchronicles-teaser41306.jpg

asadalchronicles-teaser41307.jpg

asadalchronicles-teaser41308.jpg

asadalchronicles-teaser41309.jpg

asadalchronicles-teaser41310.jpg

Via Osen

RELATED POSTS

K-DRAMA

Upcoming K-Drama “Asadal Chronicles” Starring Song Joong Ki And Jang Dong Gun Alleged Filming Up To 151 Hours A Week

By Adrian | April 13, 2019 

BASICALLY A PRODUCTION FULL OF BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS.

Song Joong Ki will co-star with Jang Dong Gun, Kim Ji Won and Kim Ok Bin in the latest highly anticipated drama Asadal Chronicles, which will be 100% pre-produced, similarly to the actor’s last phenomenal hit Descendants of the Sun.

asadal-chronicles-2.jpg?resize=620%2C465

The drama started shooting at the end of last year and has since been having non-stop work schedules in order to meet the targeted broadcast date. However, the production crew was recently exposed to be overworked when the case was reported to the labor bureau, and there was also an allegation of deliberate unreported injuries during the shooting.

asadal-chronicles-3.jpg?resize=620%2C475

Image credit: bastillepost.com

Asadal Chronicles is estimated with a hefty production cost of 400 billion won (USD$ 352 million). The series began filming at the end of last year. The production team even went for overseas shooting in Brunei last February. However, on 10 April, various news sources emerged to reveal that the production company Studio Dragon has been arranging the staff to work overtime.

It was reported that when the crew filmed in Korea, they had to film for at least 101 hours a week, while overseas shooting would extend as long as 151 hours a week, with an average of more than 21 hours a day, which would violate the union’s 68-hour work per week. The employees who revealed the incident also said that the production company did not sign labor contracts with them, and did not receive additional allowances for overtime work. As of press time, there is no official clarification released from the production company...source credit @https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/song-joong-ki-asadal-chronicles-alleged-filming-151-hours-week/

18 Male Celebrities Who Give Off “First Love” Vibes

18 Male Celebrities Who Give Off “First Love” Vibes...                              Apr 16, 2019                            First loves have a certain feel and look about them. They have a boyish charm, innocence, and sweetness that rubs everyone the right way. It’s a deadly equation and one that has the capability of stealing your heart in a second. 

Song Joong Ki

Before he was Song Hye Kyo‘s man, he was everyone’s first love.

song-joong-ki.jpg

Be still my heart.

song-joong-ki1.gif Hey Soompiers, which of these celebs is your first love? Let me know in the comments below!...source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1314059wpp/18-male-celebrities-who-give-off-first-love-vibes

Song Joong Ki Exudes Rugged Charm In First Photos For Upcoming Drama

Apr 17, 2019
by K. Lew

tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles” has shared its first photos of Song Joong Ki!

“Arthdal Chronicles” follows the stories and fates of heroes in the mythical city of Arthdal, said to have been the capital city of the Gojoseon kingdom, as they create legends. Song Joong Ki plays Eun Seom who fights to protect his tribe. This will be his first drama in three years since starring in the hit drama “Descendants of the Sun.”

In the released photos, Song Joong Ki blends in with the wild with his tousled hair and leather clothing. He appears quite at ease around the, stroking its head affectionately. In other photos, he gallops away atop his horse, giving a fierce look.

Song-Joong-Ki-1.jpgSong-Joong-Ki-4.jpgSong-Joong-Ki-2.jpg

Writers Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yeon have previously worked with Song Joong Ki for “Tree With Deep Roots.” On working with him for the second time, they remarked, “A few years ago, there was a time when we said about Song Joong Ki, ‘Even when he explodes with emotion, there is a side of him that is rational.’ Song Joong Ki is an actor that is able to have these two conflicting aspects coexist. That is why we love him as an actor.”

The two writers added that they hoped that this dual aspect would shine when portraying the character Eun Seom. They also praised the actor, saying that when watching him act as Eun Seom, he has a gaze that says, “I don’t know anything but I am extremely clever, and I don’t have any kind of strength right now but I won’t lose in the end,” which lines up perfectly with the intention of the drama.

They shared that Eun Seom is a beautiful character with an innocent face, but when an attack comes, he reacts right away and attacks back. He doesn’t hesitate and accepts whatever emotions come after. They commented, “The most important role that Song Joong Ki must fulfill is showing a naive face with basic instinctual reactions while asking basic instinctual questions.”

The production staff stated, “He is so in sync with his character for ‘Arthdal Chronicles’ that you can only think of him as Eun Seom and not Song Joong Ki. Please look forward to Song Joong Ki’s explosive performance in ancient civilization, which will be shown for the first time in Korea.”

“Arthdal Chronicles” is slated to air in June on Saturdays and Sunday, following “Confession.”

If you haven’t already, check out a teaser for the drama here!....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1318062wpp/song-joong-ki-exudes-rugged-charm-in-first-photos-for-upcoming-drama

Apr 17, 2019
by K. Lew

tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles” has shared its first photos of Song Joong Ki!

“Arthdal Chronicles” follows the stories and fates of heroes in the mythical city of Arthdal, said to have been the capital city of the Gojoseon kingdom, as they create legends. Song Joong Ki plays Eun Seom who fights to protect his tribe. This will be his first drama in three years since starring in the hit drama “Descendants of the Sun.”

In the released photos, Song Joong Ki blends in with the wild with his tousled hair and leather clothing. He appears quite at ease around the, stroking its head affectionately. In other photos, he gallops away atop his horse, giving a fierce look.

Song-Joong-Ki-1.jpgSong-Joong-Ki-4.jpgSong-Joong-Ki-2.jpg

Writers Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yeon have previously worked with Song Joong Ki for “Tree With Deep Roots.” On working with him for the second time, they remarked, “A few years ago, there was a time when we said about Song Joong Ki, ‘Even when he explodes with emotion, there is a side of him that is rational.’ Song Joong Ki is an actor that is able to have these two conflicting aspects coexist. That is why we love him as an actor.”

The two writers added that they hoped that this dual aspect would shine when portraying the character Eun Seom. They also praised the actor, saying that when watching him act as Eun Seom, he has a gaze that says, “I don’t know anything but I am extremely clever, and I don’t have any kind of strength right now but I won’t lose in the end,” which lines up perfectly with the intention of the drama.

They shared that Eun Seom is a beautiful character with an innocent face, but when an attack comes, he reacts right away and attacks back. He doesn’t hesitate and accepts whatever emotions come after. They commented, “The most important role that Song Joong Ki must fulfill is showing a naive face with basic instinctual reactions while asking basic instinctual questions.”

The production staff stated, “He is so in sync with his character for ‘Arthdal Chronicles’ that you can only think of him as Eun Seom and not Song Joong Ki. Please look forward to Song Joong Ki’s explosive performance in ancient civilization, which will be shown for the first time in Korea.”

“Arthdal Chronicles” is slated to air in June on Saturdays and Sunday, following “Confession.”

If you haven’t already, check out a teaser for the drama here!....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1318062wpp/song-joong-ki-exudes-rugged-charm-in-first-photos-for-upcoming-drama

8 K-Drama Male Leads We Wish We Lived Next Door To

8 K-Drama Male Leads We Wish We Lived Next Door To

Apr 17, 2019
by Azra_A

What are your neighbors like? Maybe you know them well and you guys hang out all the time, or maybe you wouldn’t recognize them in a lineup. Either way, the chances of living next door to a hot, charming neighbor who brightens your day with their smile are approximately… one in a bazillion?

That’s why we have K-dramas, folks! To give us the wish-fulfillment real life falls short on. So with that in mind, if you had to pick a drama character to live next door to, who would it be? A lot of K-drama male leads are swoon-worthy, for sure, but their crazy antics would be annoying as hell on a daily basis. Here’s a selection of characters who’d make perfect neighbors – the ones we’d love to run into while collecting the mail. 

6. Yoo Si Jin in “Descendants of the Sun

A Neighborhood Watch Association is nice, but let’s face it, no amount of community-minded old ladies will ever be a match for Yoo Si Jin (Song Joong Ki). He’s the kind of neighbor who makes sure you feel safe walking around at night. Whether you’re dealing with armed robbers or natural disaster, he’ll always know what to do and he’ll even throw in a few wisecracks while he’s busy saving your life.

Even on an average day, Yoo Si Jin is a good neighbor to have around. He can hold his drink, for one thing, so he’ll make sure you get home safe after a big night out. Moms and grandmas love him, so he makes a great alibi if you’re getting up to no good. And one unexpected bonus? He’s out a lot (y’know, saving the world) so you can have all the loud parties you want, he won’t care! Well, he might be a little miffed he wasn’t invited.

Check out the first episode of “Descendants of the Sun”:..source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1317352wpp/8-k-drama-male-leads-we-wish-we-lived-next-door-to

Song Joong Ki is a wild warrior in first still cuts for tvN's 'Arthdal Chronicles'

sjpg.jpg

tvN's new blockbuster drama 'Arthdal Chronicles' would like to introduce viewers to the story's wild hero, Eun Seom!

Played by actor Song Joong Ki, Eun Seom is a young man with a heart of justice - a skilled fighter who struggles to protect his tribe from outside threats. The story of 'Arthdal Chronicles' follows the life of Eun Seom as he grows into a hero who will save the ancient land of Arth from a war of power. 

According to the staff of 'Arthdal Chronicles', Song Joong Ki's athletic ability and stable control with a horse wowed everyone on set throughout his filming. The star also fits in the role of Eun Seom perfectly with his messy hair and leather skins, not to mention his toned, strong arms and legs. 
The new Sat-Sun drama 'Arthdal Chronicles' premieres this coming June, after the end of currently airing series 'Confession'.  

1jpg.jpg

2jpg.jpg3jpg.jpg4jpg.jpgsource credit @https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/04/song-joong-ki-is-a-wild-warrior-in-first-still-cuts-for-tvns-arthdal-chronicles

logo-kp-en.png

K-Drama 'Asadal Chronicles' Drops First Promo Photos Featuring Lead Actor Song Joong Ki

BY JESSICA RAPIR / APR 17, 2019 07:04 AM EDT
k-drama-asadal-chronicles-drops-first-promo-photos-featuring-song-joong-ki-photo-by-tvn-drama-facebook.jpg K-drama 'Asadal Chronicles' drops first promo photos featuring Song Joong Ki. Photo by tvN Drama/Facebook

Korean broadcasting network tvN has released the first set of promo photos for the highly-anticipated K-drama Asadal Chronicles. All of the photos that have dropped feature lead actor Song Joong Ki.

In the photos, Song Joong Ki is seen in a long, messy hair and his bulky physique is clearly showing off in his leather clothing. It looks like he is hunting something as he is seen with markings on his face in one of the photos

Asadal Chronicles is a period drama that is set in the mythical city of Asadal, the capital of Gojoseon. Song Joong Ki plays the role of Eun Seom, who is a cursed child born in Blue Stone Village. He, however, will later become the conqueror of Asdal, taking it from city-state to empire. This is Song comeback TV drama after the success of Descendants of The Sun in 2016 and subsequently, his marriage to his co-star Song Hye Kyo.

The production staff noted how much Song is so in sync with his character. They said that viewers will definitely think of Eun Seom and not the actor Song Joong Ki when they watch Asadal Chronicles. Writers Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yeon described Eun Seom as someone who has an innocent face but could fight back if he needs to.

"The most important role that Song Joong Ki must fulfill is showing a naive face with basic instinctual reactions while asking basic instinctual questions," Soompi quoted the writers as saying.

tvN earlier released the first official teaser of the series. Aside from Song, it also featured the other characters in the K-drama such as Kim Ji Won and Jang Dong Gun. 

Song's DOTS co-star Kim Ji Won plays the role of Tan Ya, a woman born under a cursed sign like Eum Seom. She will overcome hardships to become the first female politician of Asadal. She is Eun Seom's first love and also the woman Ta Gon loves.

Suits actor Jang Dong Gun portrays the war hero character, Ta Gon. He is ambitious and aims to become the first King of Asdal.

The trailer and promo photos of the K-drama were released amidst the recent complaint of its production staff of poor working condition. Apparently, the staff has been suffering from long working hours, even up to 20 hours when they film overseas.

The production of Asadal Chronicles is reportedly cost 400 billion won ($352 million). The series began filming at the end of last year. The production team also shoot some scenes in Brunei.

Asadal Chronicles is set to air in June on Saturday and Sunday timeslot. It will take the Saturday and Sunday timeslot of Confession....source credit @http://en.koreaportal.com/amp/articles/46843/20190417/k-drama-asadal-chronicles-drops-first-promo-photos-featuring-lead-actor-song-joong-ki.htm

Archived