Quantcast
twtwb

[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

9 hours ago, kyonim said:

'Battleship Island' is in Top 10 trending keywords on Naver this evening. As I observed, it received mixed reaction. A lot of people rated 10* and complimented but there are also people who say they are disappointed and rate 1*. (as from here https://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=realtime&sm=tab_nmr&query=군함도&ie=utf8 ) It broke a record anyway, that's a big thing to celebrate. P/s: I can't believe that for the first time in my life I'm searching on Naver just to find out Koreans' reaction to a movie. 

Thanks @kyonim! Yeah, from the reviews that I read, people are saying that although the cinematography, set, etc. was good, they feel that the story/narrative was too rushed and/or lacking heart. I have to see it for myself to judge! So glad it broke the opening day record though. I'm sure it already hit 1M by this time.

Ps. For all Filipino fans here, I saw an ad on TV saying the movie will show here on August 30 and not September.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, jenmba said:

Thanks @kyonim! Yeah, from the reviews that I read, people are saying that although the cinematography, set, etc. was good, they feel that the story/narrative was too rushed and/or lacking heart. I have to see it for myself to judge! So glad it broke the opening day record though. I'm sure it already hit 1M by this time.

Ps. For all Filipino fans here, I saw an ad on TV saying the movie will show here on August 30 and not September.

Yeah, I guess it's a matter of matching expectations to the overall output of the movie as well. For those who expected the movie to capture the entirety of the history of the so-called "Battleship Island," perhaps a documentary-type film would be more to their liking. However, BI isn't a documentary but rather historical fiction --  a fictional telling or adaptation based on actual history. In any case, I haven't seen the movie yet either so I will reserve my judgment.:D

My friends and I have already agreed to watch it once it opens in theaters here in the Philippines. Good to hear that it will be showing sooner rather than later. I hope I can find a list of cinemas where it will be shown soon. I only know that Viva Films got the rights to show it here.

• Like 13

14 hours ago, jenmba said:

I'll find out Sunday if the negative ratings are true.  When I watch a movie, I don't pay much attention to the cinematography or whatever else is involved - I would rather get consumed with the meaning of the story.  DOTS is a hit - but even as a fan, I saw some flaws - but it didn't matter anyway because I am more into the true meaning of the drama.  The same goes with BI - especially knowing it has a resemblance to the hardship (as I earlier mentioned) my ancestors experienced back in the olden times in the Philippines.

• Like 8

D-96 :wub:

~~~~~~~~~

Adding @USAFarmgirl , We are entering the second round on 2016 K-DRAMA contest...

Do check out our Thesis of Descendants of the Sunfor this contest  Here and VOTE for us. :wub: 

Tagging @melleri and @twtwb :wub:

• Like 13

AWWW:wub: She's trying to lowkey fangirl on her hubby-to-be! I'm so happy for them. She can publicly post comments like that now.

• Like 8

i LOVE that for 1,5 years we were grasping on to every little hint they gave or word they said (which weren't that many) and now this guy can't shut up about how much he loves her. what a time to be alive huh :wub:

• Like 23

Man, Joong ki's looking really good. Like visually. He looks oh so happy and over the moon :wub:

The way she speaks of his love for Hye Kyo is.... ahhh... i could literally not find a word to describe it. And he really answers very intellectually. 

And Kyo's comment is totally adorable :wub: i could literally imagine her eyes full of pride, joy and love!!!

these twooooo's making me swoon :heart: my god, it's not even my love life to begin with but how could these two... :blush:

• Like 14

Song Joong Ki is definitely amazing (we all know that!) haha but he can't help it...the way he talks about herb.. gush.. i am feeling the butterflies myself... 

the interview was amazing.. it's a little different from the first news tv he appeared for Dots where he said he choose KMY.. haha.. 

LOVE!!!! 

If you guys haven't voted, please do (only 1 vote 1 time and until 1st august) thanks! 

before la la land there was umbrella of cherbourg.. i think they really enjoy watching old classical movies and listening to songs on private dates.. 

• Like 22