[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

14 hours ago, jenmba said:

Thanks @kyonim! Yeah, from the reviews that I read, people are saying that although the cinematography, set, etc. was good, they feel that the story/narrative was too rushed and/or lacking heart. I have to see it for myself to judge! So glad it broke the opening day record though. I'm sure it already hit 1M by this time.

Ps. For all Filipino fans here, I saw an ad on TV saying the movie will show here on August 30 and not September.

I'll find out Sunday if the negative ratings are true.  When I watch a movie, I don't pay much attention to the cinematography or whatever else is involved - I would rather get consumed with the meaning of the story.  DOTS is a hit - but even as a fan, I saw some flaws - but it didn't matter anyway because I am more into the true meaning of the drama.  The same goes with BI - especially knowing it has a resemblance to the hardship (as I earlier mentioned) my ancestors experienced back in the olden times in the Philippines.

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1501118872413459.jpg

Kim Ji Won was asked about Song Song today. She said that she didn't receive any contact from them, also knowing about marriage news through media. (During DOTS), as she was the maknae, she was busy doing her job so that may be the reason why she didn't realize anything (between Song Song). "I knew it through the news. Really congratulate. May be they have been receiving many blessings already, I haven't been able to contact yet". 

Being asked as if she is jealous of Song Song, Ji Won replied: "Whoever they are, being able to meet someone and spend their life together is really something to be envious of". 

Kyo :wub:  And the emoji she uses! Cannot deal with these two. This is the most we've gotten from Kyo ever since the wedding announcement so it's definitely causing an online frenzy :D I can't imagine if they go on an interview together. The internet might explode hahahaha

Edit: SJK on Newsroom -- this is getting ridiculous (in a good way) :D I seriously don't know how this man kept all these feelings inside him all this time. Now he's mentioning his girlfriend/fiancé every chance he gets. I can feel his overflowing love for her through the screen, my goodness. I am in love with the way he loves her. :wub:

Thanks, @khxy@kyonim, and @sns25129 for all those translated goodies!

@USAFarmgirl and @melleri, thanks for reminding us to vote! I just did :wink:

From Ace Chingu ...

JK and News room chose "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg" as today's ending music for SJK. SJK said he chose this song for his gf because this is her favorite music.

Per Ace's friend, the interview only lasted 18 minutes, and Anchor Sohn seemed nervous and his questions could have been better (guess he wasn't well-prepared). However, Ki did a good job, especially when he was asked a few difficult or tricky questions.

Ace Chingu is working on subbing select portions of the interview ...

After his appearance on News Room, his name became #1 trending on Naver, also Hye Kyo. As followed: Song Joong Ki, Song Joong Ki news, Battleship Island attendance (the number of people went to watch a movie), Song Hye Kyo. 

TFHGTTgFSiSWYxtSD8aDEw.png

As @angieknows mentioned above, Song Joong Ki chose movie The Umbrellas of Cherbourg theme song to be the ending song of the program. He explained: "I watched that movie for the first time several months ago. It is an old movie. Should I be honest? I thought it is a really good movie and the music stuck in my head. I choose this song because my soon-to-be-married girlfriend likes it". 

Earlier, he said that he has two big things happening in one year: Battleship Island release and marriage. Those are things built up to his process of becoming an adult, from a young man. 

Okay I have no other words for this man anymore. He just declared his love in a special way on a news program. 

@worlwrld asked me to translate this piece of news so I gave it a try. Only Song Hye Kyo-related parts. 

I haven't talked with Song Hye Kyo about BI's success. 

"(She) told me to act even better because as a fellow actor, she was jealous of me for being able to choose and participate in such a movie. I didn't ask why but I think the reason she's envious is because no matter what, actresses don't have that wide range of roles compared to actors". 

Just like Captain Yoo Shi Jin in Descendants of the sun, Song Joong Ki shows the same affection for Song Hye Kyo. 

"She's very beautiful. Being with her I see that she is a person with kind heart. I feel so when I was working with her and later on when we became lovers, I feel it even more". (this part is roughly translated, it would be better if someone can help me ). 

Feel like I'm being here so often these days lol, since I don't have any drama to watch. Excuse me for being a poor translator but show up too many times :) 

@kyonim and @worlwrld, thank you!

lol. was talking to apple, wondering about what kyo must think about ki being so openly gushy like this. lol. she must say in an amused way, "this crazy guy." or like kang mo yeon, doing her shocked but smiling gasp as she says, "bichoso ..." lol.

anyway, from @koreasongsongcouple / Ace Chingu ...

SSH: I think I became a grown-up from a child. How do you feel after being a grown-up?

JK: I am not a perfect grown-up even now. I am in the middle of

being a grown-up. I have two big events ahead this year.

So, this summer is the best one in my life.

SSH: I know one. What is the other one?

JK: The movie has already released, and I am going to marry.

SSH: Yes, I know that. Ah … you mean the release of the movie.

The movie was released yesterday.

SSH: We play closing music. We asked you to select the ending music.

You thought about it for two days! You chose “The Umbrellas of Cherbourg”

by Danielle Licari. Any special reason?

JK: I watched “The Umbrellas of Cherbourg” for the first time a few month ago.

It is an old classic movie. Should I tell you the truth?

SSH: It’s up to you.

JK: I thought that is a really good movie, and its melody has lingered in my mind.

And frankly speaking, that is my soon-to-be-married girlfriend’s favorite music.

SSH: Ah! That’s why!

JK: That’s why it took so long.

SSH: I understand. You have enough reason. I have been fond of this music since high school.

We will play this music at the end of this news . Please accept my late but congratulatory greetings for your marriage.

JK: Thank you!

Translations should be credited to @koreasongsongcouple / Ace Chingu. Thanks.

@kyonim

Thank you very much for all that you've done to satisfy our hunger for SSCP news! There is no question of you being a 'poor translator' and 'showing up too many times"! The more often we see you here, the happier we are !     :D

SJK must be the most awesome man in S Korea! He's going to be the most awesome husband to Kyo and soon, the most awesome Dad of all! Just like he's been super-sweet when talking about his beloved woman, I think we've run out of sweet words to describe JK too! He's just so proud to have such a beautiful and kind woman to share his life with, and he's so happy to be on a learning journey with her. You can see that he drops her name at every possible opportunity even though she's behind the scene. He wants the whole world to know that SHK is really a beautiful person with a kind heart. I'm sure he feels the luckiest man to be able to spend his life with her.

I salute JK for running the forefront of this public relations program for his marriage. He's the one who suggested to announce the wedding. He took charge and launched his publicity activities in conjunction with BI so that no one event outshines the other. He's definitely successful in managing both events because he has been receiving lots of love from everyone regarding his impending marriage, and BI has set new records too. It's really happening - his double happiness! Congratulations to this incredibly endearing guy who is one in a million. He must have had it real challenging when he and Kyo were caught up with rumors and they had to make that quick decision to announce their marriage while carefully weighing the consequences. I bet that was one of the toughest decisions in their lives. And .... much as he was convincing that men should listen to their wives....Kyo apparently followed his lead by agreeing to the announcement.... LOL.  Great job, JK!

With two such great artistes as a couple, we can only expect good things to come from their nuptial. They will be there for each other always. Rather than ride the popularity roller coaster and have their lives be dictated by others, I'm glad they chose to plant their feet firmly on the ground and focus on nurturing their love and reaping what they sow later. SJK has the qualities of a great husband, father and family man. You can see how the kids are all drawn to him, in BI and at the KBS Awards.

As for SHK, Director Wong Kai Wai had described her as a 'strong woman who shine and has the most beautiful features of an Asian actress'. The fact that he noticed 'the bright side of her' and chose her to play the role of  a 'respectable, beautiful and elegant woman', spoke volume about her high standing as a person. He went on to praise that 'the camera loves her face' and ' the audience loves her face' and I want to add that now, SJK loves not just her face but her whole being too! And not forgetting JK's dad.....  :D

I believe that Kyo will be 'a woman just like a glowing sun' in JK's life (excerpt from Director Wong), as much as JK will be a man who gives it his all and have what it takes, to protect and love her fiercely.

Thinking of what SHK has gone through in her life and how SJK has given so much to protect and love her......and how destiny has brought these two together........never fails to bring joy and tears to my eyes. Because their beautiful love story exists not in fairytales but in reality.

SHK is basking in the warmth of SJK's sweet love.

he is so romantic:heart:

https://www.koreadispatch.com/2017/07/28/song-joong-ki-made-an-appearance-on-jtbc-newsroom/

dispatchkoreag.png

Song Joong Ki Made an Appearance on JTBC ‘Newsroom’

Updated July 27th 2017 GMT

2017-07-27_14-56-57-800x418.jpg

[Dispatch] On July 27, Actor Song Joong Ki made an appearance on JTBC ‘Newsroom’ for the ‘Cultural Invitation’ segment. On the show, he honestly talked about the movie ‘The Battleship Island’ and his girlfriend Song Hye Kyo.

The Newsroom MC started the segment by commenting that Song Joong Ki is in a process of becoming an adult. Song Joong Ki replied, “I don’t think I am not quiet there yet. I’m still in the process. I have two big events this year. So, I am having the best summer of my life now.”

The MC jokingly asked, “I am aware of one event, what is the other one?” Song Joong Ki replied, “Well, I have a movie premiere and I am also getting married this year.”

2017-07-27_14-57-06.jpg

During the interview, he talked mainly about the movie and its influence. He was thoughtful in mentioning the delicate issue of the movie but firm with his opinions. The MC praised Song Joong Ki by saying, “I felt that you are a wise actor who improve the influence of actor.”

2017-07-27_14-57-03.jpg

In the end of the interview, the MC asked him the reason for choosing the ending song from an old movie, ‘The Umbrellas of Cherbourg.’ He replied, “I watched the movie a while ago and I loved the movie. And to be honest, it’s my girlfriend, whom I will marry soon, her favorite song.”

dispatchkoreag.png
Copyright©2010 dispatch korea. All rights reserved.

Man, Joong ki's looking really good. Like visually. He looks oh so happy and over the moon :wub:

The way she speaks of his love for Hye Kyo is.... ahhh... i could literally not find a word to describe it. And he really answers very intellectually. 

And Kyo's comment is totally adorable :wub: i could literally imagine her eyes full of pride, joy and love!!!

these twooooo's making me swoon :heart: my god, it's not even my love life to begin with but how could these two... :blush:

Song Joong Ki is definitely amazing (we all know that!) haha but he can't help it...the way he talks about herb.. gush.. i am feeling the butterflies myself... 

the interview was amazing.. it's a little different from the first news tv he appeared for Dots where he said he choose KMY.. haha.. 

LOVE!!!! 

If you guys haven't voted, please do (only 1 vote 1 time and until 1st august) thanks! 

before la la land there was umbrella of cherbourg.. i think they really enjoy watching old classical movies and listening to songs on private dates.. 

On 7/26/2017 at 7:41 PM, USAFarmgirl said:

We-Need-Your-Vote-Graphic1-GenFed-CU-rgb

We the Dot's team could really use your support in the 2nd round of the Soompi Drama Contest

Please take the time to give us and DOTS a fighting chance we can't do it without you!!!  Support the story that led to reality and became a Love Story:heart: worth remembering...  We need you and  believe me your vote counts!!! Thanks to all of you... :wub: USAFarmgirl

Voted DOTS - CHECK..!

can we vote multiple times or just once daily?

i voted as I remember SHK once said on an interview, she knows that just right after the drama ended, people will start to forget about it, like it didn't exists. I am sure everyone here didn't and were in fact, watch it nth times...! 

Thats my story, HOW ABOUT YOU...? Have u voted already? :wub:

6 hours ago, KymberleeD said:

Voted DOTS - CHECK..!

can we vote multiple times or just once daily?

i voted as I remember SHK once said on an interview, she knows that just right after the drama ended, people will start to forget about it, like it didn't exists. I am sure everyone here didn't and were in fact, watch it nth times...! 

Thats my story, HOW ABOUT YOU...? Have u voted already? :wub:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart this means more than you could know!!!  You can only vote ONCE but that one vote  from each of you is so needed and wanted and can and will make the biggest difference to our DOTS team and to the drama itself... 

To say we need you is an understatement because your votes will help us to achieve proving that DOTS was and is the best Drama.  If  you were like me and it touched you in a way that you have never forgotten and gave you moments that took your breath away!  When looking back I can now see why our OTP was so magical to watch!!!  Because they weren't acting the were falling in love.  Not for the REEL but for REAL....

How can one sum up so much beauty in one drama let me tell you not an easy task and although our team has done it's best we joined this team because we believed in DOTS and we believed in YOU it's fans. And the passion it not only showed but gave back to all of us and at least for me changed my life.  It allowed me to see that no matter how hard life can be if one truly believes they can and will endure... And the same with love if two people who come from two different walks of life hold on to one another compromise in understanding they can build not only a relationship they can build a life ...  For with LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE...

Thank you to those who have already voted and I hope the rest of you will join arms with us in making a difference one vote at a time!

usafarmgirl:heart:

Dearest All, please vote for DOTS at Round 2 K-Drama Soompi Contest 2016.

One ID one vote only. (I voted yesterday and I tried today, I cannot vote already) Moon Lovers is catching up. 

For the love of our SongSongCouple, please VOTE. thanks :wub:

Archived