[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel so guilty translating at the office like this but okay @angieknows I'm here for another lacking translation :(( My colleagues better not know about this :( One shipper PM me last night about translating this interview but I was going out so I couldn't do it.

0000287411_002_20170726091553270.jpg?type=w540

So apparently, JK was asked about his reason to get married. He answered that rather than having a special reason, he just does it as his heart wants. "The timing seems just right. Even since I was younger, I didn't want to get married late. I came to the decision of getting married naturally. After all this time, I want to spend the rest of my life with together (with her)".

About the proposal: "I did it naturally. Everyone does the same, don't they? It wasn't at a special event. I proposed to her when there were just two of us. I said "Let's get married", "I want to get married". Hye Kyo-ssi also has faith in me so she accepted right away". 

Mentioned about his thoughts on being tittled as "groom-to-be" during promotion for BI, he said: "I don't have a reason to dislike it, do I? Because it's a good thing, I want to receive many blessings. That's why I would be even happier if this movie does well. It would be nice to receive more love. If so, I think the joy of getting married would be double". 

About baby plan: "We must think about work first. We both are originally greedy when it comes to work. It seems like (we would be) focusing on work first. Right now Hye Kyo-ssi already has one project in mind, as for me, I am careful choosing the next project as this will be my first one after getting married". 

The last part is about Cha Tae Hyun again but I'm too guilty already so that's it for now. In summary, he praises CHa Tae Hyun again and "it would be good to live just like him". 

1 hour ago, kyonim said:

About the proposal: "I did it naturally. Everyone does the same, don't they? It wasn't at a special event. I proposed to her when there were just two of us. I said "Let's get married", "I want to get married". Hye Kyo-ssi also has faith in me so she accepted right away". 
About baby plan: "We must think about work first. We both are originally greedy when it comes to work. It seems like (we would be) focusing on work first. Right now Hye Kyo-ssi already has one project in mind, as for me, I am careful choosing the next project as this will be my first one after getting married". 

Thanks @kyonim. I like this text so much. About the proposal, simple is the best. So sweet :heart: About baby plan, it shows me another evidence that he loves and respects her so much!

David McInnis (Argus) is on vacation in the Philippines now and he guested on Unang Hirit, a morning show. As expected, he was asked about SSCP and how they were on set. An article was posted on GMA News Online about his interview which @therealhyna on IG kindly shared for international fans. Article credits at the end of the post.

Don't know if this is useful or not but here goes my translation of this article titled

"'Battleship Island' Song Joong Ki, "Song Hye Kyo, a Girlfriend that You Can Learn a Lot From"

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's marriage news received a big attention not only in Korea but also in overseas. That's because the two are popular actors as hallyu stars. 

Song Joong Ki said "The two of us have become people who received quite a lot of attention, it has become a daily story. But of course since we are just tender people, there are also some things that we are quite concerned of." and  "I think things will be alright if we behave wisely in the future." he said expressing his honest thoughts.

Song Joong ki announced his marriage with Song Hye Kyo before the release of the movie "Battleship Island" which caught a lot of interests. In regard of this, there's no worry about Song Joong Ki. But regarding the movie "Battleship Island" his confidence grew bigger. Song Joong Ki said "I am not worried because all the actors worked so hard for the shooting." and "I naturally thought the two issues would be combined" he adds.

thank you to @worlwrld for sending me the article! :D

and also just want to know that I'm always thankful to @kyonim and @joongkyo1031 for your way better translations because I'm still lacking a lot!! :lol:

11 hours ago, kyonim said:

I feel so guilty translating at the office like this but okay @angieknows I'm here for another lacking translation :(( My colleagues better not know about this :( One shipper PM me last night about translating this interview but I was going out so I couldn't do it.

So apparently, JK was asked about his reason to get married. He answered that rather than having a special reason, he just does it as his heart wants. "The timing seems just right. Even since I was younger, I didn't want to get married late. I came to the decision of getting married naturally. After all this time, I want to spend the rest of my life with together (with her)".

Mentioned about his thoughts on being tittled as "groom-to-be" during promotion for BI, he said: "I don't have a reason to dislike it, do I? Because it's a good thing, I want to receive many blessings. That's why I would be even happier if this movie does well. It would be nice to receive more love. If so, I think the joy of getting married would be double". 

The last part is about Cha Tae Hyun again but I'm too guilty already so that's it for now. In summary, he praises CHa Tae Hyun again and "it would be good to live just like him". 

Just want to add a little bit from the Cha Tae Hyun part, SJK said that when he told Cha Tae Hyun about his marriage news with SHK, Cha Tae Hyun was not surprised at all. ""the whole nation already know" Cha Tae Hyun said in the very 'Cha Tae Hyun style' " he said, laughing.

I personally really like SSCP relationship with Cha Tae Hyun. As a married man, Cha Tae Hyun is like a very dependable older brother that our couple can always look up to:lol:

Why the thread seems so quiet today. Btw BI has broke the record for opening day's sale, previously set  by Train to Busan. Almost 1mil tickets have been sold. JK can happily prepare for his wedding now keke. 10 mil tickets are definitely within reach.

Also Korean song song shippers made a donation to a hospital for children. The amount matches their wedding date, which is so meaningful

Edit: And other news that I picked up

'Battleship Island' is in Top 10 trending keywords on Naver this evening. As I observed, it received mixed reaction. A lot of people rated 10* and complimented but there are also people who say they are disappointed and rate 1*. (as from here https://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=realtime&sm=tab_nmr&query=군함도&ie=utf8 ) It broke a record anyway, that's a big thing to celebrate. P/s: I can't believe that for the first time in my life I'm searching on Naver just to find out Koreans' reaction to a movie. 

EDIT: Ah, if I'm not wrong, during JK's interview today, Park Bo Gum made a surprise appearance. He showed up at the interview place wearing a hat. When he appeared, SJK smiled warmly and said: "(Park Bo Gum) bought patbingsu for this hyung who is working hard. Such a kind-hearted guy". Meanwhile, Park Bo Gum gave comments on Battleship Island since he watched it from the VIP premiere. He said: "It was a movie that allowed me to study about the painful history of our country. Song Joong Ki hyung's acting was the best. Really cool". 

12 hours ago, allythefangirl said:

^^ Ooohhh! I wonder where he's staying? Hehehe! 

Probably in one of the big luxury hotels in the Pasay area. Or possibly in one of the hotels in Makati since a lot of foreigners opt to stay there as well.

P.S. Yey! So happy for Battleship Island hitting more than 900,000+ viewers on the first day. Getting mixed reviews is to be expected, I guess. The genre of the movie isn't something that may appeal to everyone's taste as it's a pretty serious and heavy subject. 

37dea68dd8984d706623a41bfdc1e648.gifWe-Need-Your-Vote-Graphic1-GenFed-CU-rgb

We the Dot's team could really use your support in the 2nd round of the Soompi Drama Contest

Please take the time to give us and DOTS a fighting chance we can't do it without you!!!  Support the story that led to reality and became a Love Story:heart: worth remembering...  We need you and  believe me your vote counts!!! Thanks to all of you... :wub: USAFarmgirl

9 hours ago, kyonim said:

'Battleship Island' is in Top 10 trending keywords on Naver this evening. As I observed, it received mixed reaction. A lot of people rated 10* and complimented but there are also people who say they are disappointed and rate 1*. (as from here https://search.naver.com/search.naver?where=realtime&sm=tab_nmr&query=군함도&ie=utf8 ) It broke a record anyway, that's a big thing to celebrate. P/s: I can't believe that for the first time in my life I'm searching on Naver just to find out Koreans' reaction to a movie. 

Thanks @kyonim! Yeah, from the reviews that I read, people are saying that although the cinematography, set, etc. was good, they feel that the story/narrative was too rushed and/or lacking heart. I have to see it for myself to judge! So glad it broke the opening day record though. I'm sure it already hit 1M by this time.

Ps. For all Filipino fans here, I saw an ad on TV saying the movie will show here on August 30 and not September.

12 minutes ago, jenmba said:

Thanks @kyonim! Yeah, from the reviews that I read, people are saying that although the cinematography, set, etc. was good, they feel that the story/narrative was too rushed and/or lacking heart. I have to see it for myself to judge! So glad it broke the opening day record though. I'm sure it already hit 1M by this time.

Ps. For all Filipino fans here, I saw an ad on TV saying the movie will show here on August 30 and not September.

Yeah, I guess it's a matter of matching expectations to the overall output of the movie as well. For those who expected the movie to capture the entirety of the history of the so-called "Battleship Island," perhaps a documentary-type film would be more to their liking. However, BI isn't a documentary but rather historical fiction --  a fictional telling or adaptation based on actual history. In any case, I haven't seen the movie yet either so I will reserve my judgment.:D

My friends and I have already agreed to watch it once it opens in theaters here in the Philippines. Good to hear that it will be showing sooner rather than later. I hope I can find a list of cinemas where it will be shown soon. I only know that Viva Films got the rights to show it here.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=144&aid=0000504375

-Marrying Song Hye Kyo, we will have a good life as long as we listen to what women say.

"A lot of married men around me said the same thing, as long as we listen to what women say, married life will be a happy one. Cha Tae Hyun always listen to what his wife says."

-He radiates happiness and full of anticipation. He is prepared to receive more attention than other celebrities couple.

" For us to receive such attention from public is a natural thing, because we are getting married and not just dating. Nearer  to the wedding date, i think we will receive more interviews? (laughs) Both of us are actors so we think that it's a normal situation to be receiving such attention.We don't feel any dislike, all these while because of popularity, i feel honored.

-Song Song couple marriage is a topic by itself.From their new house to proposal venue become newsworthy. 

"These few weeks, as long as "somebody says..." news will be out, so i am troubled by it. I think i have divulged somethings about Song Hye Kyo and me, but we are also humans, we want to keep somethings to ourselves too. To what extent should i say about our matters? i am troubled."

-As a married man, Song Joong Ki's life will change.

"It's a natural flow of life. Rather than which directions we are going to, it's better to say that both of us are going to work wisely and harder. So Song Hye Kyo is  supporting Battleship Island wholeheartedly.

Archived