[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

It was clearly a huge relief to know that SS couple won the Daesang Award jointly. They both deserve it, especially Song Hye Kyo who had been by-passed so many times.

To me, SJK was overwhelmed, amongst other things, because:

1) He was emotional over PBG's emotional speech, acknowledging his initial difficulties and feeling grateful to JK for being a great help to him

2) He was reminiscing DOTS filming if you look at his expression when Gummy was singing. He had so much fleeting emotions on his face. Perhaps he was internally grateful for DOTS for putting him on such a high pedestal, winning accolades after accolades and giving him the escalated status to super-stardom right after army. I think it was an unexpected gift to him, being so soon.

3) All the pent-up emotions of seeing Kyo not getting her share of the accolades, ceremony after ceremony, are all let loose when the winners for Daesang were announced and you could see the gesture of a huge relief when he stood up. That must be the most painful part when he was waiting for the results. He definitely felt more anxious for Kyo than for himself because after PBG won the Top Excellence Award, he must have known that he stood a good chance of the Daesang Award but he would not have been sure about Kyo's because she had been by-passed many times after all. So I guess the pressure of trying to prepare himself should Kyo not get it was eating at him. So he let all out after.

4) He was overwhelmed by his own achievements in a span of one year and was grateful to his parents and cast support and especially grateful for the opportunity to shine in DOTS after army. So he was grateful to the producer, scriptwriter and staff all at once too.

5) It has been an incredibly successful year for him in nearly all aspects of his life (including his personal of course) and it must have dawned on him that at last, he was getting the highest acting award with his beloved partner by his side, for the first time. He was solemn and calm in previous awards ceremonies when he was alone on stage. So I guess Kyo must have that effect on him - making him feel grateful and blessed all at once. 

6) He had just finished filming a tough movie and the emotions might have a carry-over effect sparked off by the final Daesang announcement.

I must say that Song Song is playing down their relationship very well but we could still see moments when they had private gestures and unspoken words that only two people who are extremely close can establish such an understanding. It's good that they're taking time to bond outside DOTS and not succumbing to external expectations. Any announcement will be at their own time, knowing JK's meticulous planning style and their preference to keep their dating private. :)

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, kikyo12 said:

When i click "see translation" it was written "Song Hye Kyo is the award of Mr.Song <3"

jinjja?? Did the MC really write like this? Hahahaha

The caption says, "Happy New Year, everyone! I hope seeing the beautiful Song Hye Kyo here brings a great start to your new year. Song Hye Kyo ssi, Song Joong Ki ssi, Ji Won-i, Bo Gum-i, many congratulations on your awards. #junhyunmoo#songhyekyo#songjoongki#kimjiwon#parkbogum#KBSActingAwards#descendantsofthesun"

@kikyo12 YES! And Hyekyo looked like she was also half teasing Joongki because of the way she slightly bowed her head and the way she smiled. Hahahaha~ it's not the smile she usually reserves for her acquaintances, it is like her playing with/teasing Joongki and ;~~~~;

@bblee29 #3 exactly my thoughts!! During the announcement, Joongki looked like he was so nervous and his head is down and almost out of his usual self (Nurse Ha was congratulating him and he wasn't able to acknowledge her XD) while Hyekyo's face was more of "See? I told you." I don't really see Joongki as someone who would go all nervous over an award (he was very stoic in the past awards ceremony I saw him), so I was kind of shocked to see him all worked up in this ceremony. Also, I don't remember Hyekyo being all too smug and believing she would really win. So the scenarios in my head were:

1. Joongki was actually praying that either both of them wins or Hyekyo only wins.
2. Hyekyo was telling Joongki that she will be fine with whoever will win and he needs to not get too worked up for something like this.

But then Joongki was all stubborn and he was still nervous so when both of them were called as winners, HK's face is like "See? Are you okay now?" GAAAHD such a beautiful relationship I cannot.

when Kyo's close friends are supportive as ever! 

it's really time that she gets the daesang award and you can see how happy her friends are for her. And I have to agree with everyone who said that Ki must have felt that too and he really needed her to at least win one grand award for the drama since he already got one also! waaah these two are very supportive and are such relationship goals! :wub:

Happy New Year to all. Being in Hawaii it was quite a late night for me but the event did not disappoint.  I was so happy for the SS couple.  I was also disappointed about the fact that they came separate although one after another but the fact that they were both recognized for their outstanding performance in an outstanding drama made everything so very special.  Song Hye Kyo finally got the recognition she so rightly deserved and you could feel how happy Song Joong Ki was that she was being recognized and he was so graciously humble as well.  It was so touching to see his emotion and tears during their acceptance speech. I love this couple.  Congratulations SS couple and wishing you a blessed and prosperous 2017.

5 Most Awesome Things from Song2 in KBS Drama Awards:

1. The fact that they won the Daesang Awards together! Wooow! It's really amazing and such an honor, because the last time two main leads in a drama won was Lovers in Paris actor and actress, which was maybe like 20 years ago? So yup, Song2 winning this together is a huge honor. They totally deserve it, of course! This really ends our 2016 in marvelous way!

2. For me, JK crying so much and so obviously when SHK said her acceptance speech for Daesang really touched my heart. Maybe because she was denied other awards that she deserved due to some unfair prejudice against her? Maybe because he was remembering their journey together? Or was it simply because he's happy for the one he loves? I say it's the combination of the three possibilities into one. 

3. SHK saying "If not because of SJK, I wouldn't be able to stand here on this stage, receiving this award". Might not be her accurate words, but I remember that's close. Not that she's not capable of attaining the award on her own, but the statement tells me that she respects and admire SJK very much. It screams "husband and wife vibe" to me :)

4. How they tried to be professional and didn't walk together on the red carpet but started whispering together when they THOUGHT the cameras and people were not focusing on them as they sat inside the venue. They really are cute. As a beautiful sunbae said, they are being professional by arriving alone and not together, wanting the fans to focus on the whole KBS Drama Awards and not at them, yet they can't help to be adorable together again as they sat side by side. Completely adorable!!!

5. Last but not least, they were sooo gorgeousss! JK looked really hot in that suit and SHK looked like Snow White in that dreamy, elegant dress. Uri Sunbae said it's Jenny Packham's dress. Is it true? They're really vitamin A for our eyes! One so beautiful, the other so handsome! Perfect!

Happy New Year Song2 Shippers! May we all have a fabulous 2017!

2 hours ago, zleb said:

Song Hye kyo really have a strong personality, toughened by what she had endured  during her ups and downs and wisened by those experiences. She is vulnerable and honest, While receiving the Deasang she held her emotions so well and kept her grace as her partner is crying  beside her, she balanced it well... though in her eyes you can see that she was overwhelmed too, to receive the award that she deserves for so long ... And that is a good trait if they end up together, they will be the strength to one another...Who will be the next lucky Hallyu star in the making that she will help with...For Me Song Hye Kyo is a star maker because those stars she has been with shines their brightest beside her ... 

So happy that they finally wrap it up together....CONGRATULATIONS!! A JOB WELL DONE! :heart::blush:

Gonna miss them together because we all know, no more promotions, no more spazz...new partners:bawling:

But still hoping for the weddings bells...:blush::grin: we'll when we hear about and see them together this year it means and would only mean one thing... 

have faith, they are not together because of promotion, they are together because they found their soulmate. even if there are new partners, they are in love - we know it, its too obvious . there will be spazzable moments just because they are not hiding their relationship . no need to worry - our couple is happy and still very much in love. and its not fair on joong ki for us to think that hye kyo was helping him, he deserves and earns his star fully with or without his soulmate,and he has helped HER open up n be happy. our couple is real and not a promo couple. 

53 minutes ago, meimei~ said:

@kikyo12 YES! And Hyekyo looked like she was also half teasing Joongki because of the way she slightly bowed her head and the way she smiled. Hahahaha~ it's not the smile she usually reserves for her acquaintances, it is like her playing with/teasing Joongki and ;~~~~;

@bblee29 #3 exactly my thoughts!! During the announcement, Joongki looked like he was so nervous and his head is down and almost out of his usual self (Nurse Ha was congratulating him and he wasn't able to acknowledge her XD) while Hyekyo's face was more of "See? I told you." I don't really see Joongki as someone who would go all nervous over an award (he was very stoic in the past awards ceremony I saw him), so I was kind of shocked to see him all worked up in this ceremony. Also, I don't remember Hyekyo being all too smug and believing she would really win. So the scenarios in my head were:

1. Joongki was actually praying that either both of them wins or Hyekyo only wins.
2. Hyekyo was telling Joongki that she will be fine with whoever will win and he needs to not get too worked up for something like this.

But then Joongki was all stubborn and he was still nervous so when both of them were called as winners, HK's face is like "See? Are you okay now?" GAAAHD such a beautiful relationship I cannot.

I like the way you thiNk! That conversation sounds about right! SJK was so emotional, I bet it was out of happiness and pride for his beloved SHK!

The power of SongSong Couple ..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Image may contain: 2 people, text                .cto; @foe_ssy  and sscp fb page 

Jenny posted a soup that kyo cooked. This is the soup that they eat for new year called tteokgok.                                                                                  15826310_10210022908603098_6265109324458428666_n.jpg?oh=bb0bb492b513406fb2108a999516c79a&oe=58EFA038                                                                                                                        credit to owner

Archived