[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, kfan1883 . said:

Re: the Bai Qian maternal issue. I also agree that I don't think they did a good job on this aspect. Although I guess the drama wanted to stay faithful to the book, I wish they at least added a few short lines, e.g. maybe have Bai Qian comment that she wanted to go see A Li but the heaven clan forbid her? (I guess that would "villainize" the Heaven clan even more but they were already so cold/dismissive/angry at Bai Qian so this would've fit.) Or alternatively, have a conversation with say, 4th brother where she debates going to see A Li but then say it will be too painful due to Ye Hua's death? That at least would've given viewers a bit of understanding on why she didn't bother to go see her son for 3 years.

However, I do remember a character (maybe it was Nai Nai?) commenting that  after SuSu's "death", Ye Hua did not care for A Li for a long time (I assume during this time Nai Nai was raising A Li as a baby). Of course there were 60 years where he was in a "coma" recovering from jumping down Zhu Xian Tai, however, she said even after he recovered he was in such grief he did not care about anything even A Li--until Su Jin told him about how the Jie Po Lantern can bring back SuSu (or at least an imitation), then he regained his will to live (and presumably started becoming the doting father we later see).

So, I guess the author (and therefore scriptwriter) are kind of consistent with both of them, being too consumed by grief to care for their child. (Maybe they wanted to emphasize how deep their love is for each other, idk.) It's just that we see more of Bai Qian being the "neglectful" parent and way more of Ye Hua being the "doting" parent. I still don't agree with either of their actions (I feel like true good parents should always be there for their child no matter what) but I also feel it is a bit unfair to paint Bai Qian as a bad parent then in the next sentence say "see, look how well YeHua acted in comparison!" when really they probably are the same but we never got to see Bai Qian "get over" her grief to be a good mom, since YeHua woke up too soon, haha!

Right?

That's what I have been saying: both are the kind of parents that into each other than their kids.

The writer is consistent with both BQ and YH in the term their romantic love is above everything else included their kids, parent, their countries and the world. YH didn't say a word to his parent but went to BQ immediately after he woke up and make his son wait so he can talk to BQ lol.

And we only have the first 3 years for BQ when YH had 300 years to get over his initial shook/madness that BQ doesn't seem to get over yet.... He didn't care for Ali or anything after he woke up either until some time later... Similar stage that we are seeing how BQ is dealing with YH's death. All she cares is him. 

• Like 8

I agree with the view of parenting in that both YH and BQ are flawed parent especially during the time of loss. And I feel that parenting aspect is one of the flaw in the writer's writing. We can definitely debate and agree that if and as parent, no matter how deep the pain is, no matter how deep the loss is, you will still try to live, to care for your child as your child is the symbol and union of your love. 

But I don't think that is the case with 3L3W and even with PB (and it's not the character) but the writing that is flaw. Tang7 primary focus on her story is the deep eternal love between the OTP that even though they have kid, the focus is more on their deep love for "each other". 

And like @bbssinq mention, they are the kind of parent that is really into each other than their kids (and from reading Tang7, that seem to be how it is). The mini-specials that are out there that I read also implies such that the parent (both YH/BQ as well as DH/FJ) are so much more in love and into each other than their children. 

Guess in a way, we can all agree that they are flawed in parenting overall.

@areudumborwhat me too! The location of the fox tribe I heard is real and the scenery of it is gorgeous so I definitely want to visit as well :)

@chocolatefruitnut I agree! It does seem like SW/MY arc are full of angst and feel like it's an angst of 3 lifetimes together especially since it seem like their time were chaotic and at one point, a great war. And I can see how bad it is for them to be pitted against each other. And yes, if only Tang7 could focus on the Mo Yuan arc right now and get to finish it within the year, then maybe the director and production could buy rights to it and ask Mark to reprise his role as Mo Yuan! If only! If only! 

But I feel like that won't happen any time soon. Heck, it could be 3, 5, or even 10 years and we can say goodbye to our Mark - Mo Yuan *tears* 

@moonflower_ It does sound for Mo Yuan part that it stem from curiousity to something much more. Like he heard about her skill in strategic war but she turn out not to be how he has envision the Demon tribe Goddess. 

Somehow, Shao wan kind of remind me of like Sujini from the kdrama Legend of the 4 Gods, a very unconventional girl (LOL). And just reading about Shao wan and Mo Yuan, and remembering how in 3L3W there was mention that Zheyan had once ask for BQ mom hand in marriage, just make me LOL and I envision that BQ mom choosing her dad over someone like Zheyan have something to with Shaowan, like she had meddle in it. Think I have this whole vision of how it went down (so I definitely will have to jolt that down).

By the way, just a curious question? How many different tribe are there in 3L3W? If I remember (maybe need someone to correct me), the 3L3W time - there is like only 5 tribe left? the Ghost tribe (which are different from the Demon tribe, I am assuming or are they the same), the fox tribe, the Dragon clan, Pheonix, can't remember the last one. LOL.

• Like 5

Also felt the storyline focus less on the mother-son affections...but guess it's how the novel goes...the drama just follows. So it's not as we would prefer that she would react more about her son when she gained her memories. Even later when they met on the streets....it just felt like she treated him like an adult...rather than fussing over him too much.

I think the part where Yuanzhen asked permission from TianJun to visit BaiQian is perhaps hinting at some constraints of her visiting her son....so maybe over time, as long as she know he's well, she lived her own life.

Btw read that Yang Mi is acting in another drama soon....扶摇皇后 / Legendary Queen, also based on a novel. It's fantasy, i think it's about a girl in our real world...transport/reborn in an ancient make-up world where she rose up to become queen. The male lead isn't chosen yet...but she did some costume photos...well, look abit cosplay style to me.

Spoiler

20170223_58ae7a442cc5d.jpg

Mentioned b4...several of the actors and actresses worked with each other b4 in previous dramas....some due to under same companies...some even as couples b4. But i didn't expect this one. Back in 2011....Yang Mi and Wang Xiao (王骁, the actor as SiMing) acted as couple in this family-feud-themed drama We Are Family/我们是一家人. The focus is on the guy's family while YangMi only appear from ep16 as the mistress's daughter. Initially they thought they are half-silblings....later turn out not true and they became lovers.

Spoiler

He also acted in V Love 微时代...where the initial part of ep 1....he and Gao Weiguang / Donghua were in similiar Donghua/Siming side-by-side feel...but here one is a graduated student while the other is a teacher.  RenBa / Fengjiu is also in this drama...again pursuing the guy.

https://www.viki.com/videos/1045595v-v-love-episode-1

U can also find him in "Pretty Li Hui Zhen" with RenBa. And another familiar face u can find in these drama is Zhang Bin Bin (or Li Jing).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chocolatefruitnut said:

Question: How did MY get the title of God of War. Was there was another great war before that involved DH/ MY & SW on opposing sides...was it possible MY 'killed' SW so he got the title of God of War?  I'll like to think that SW could have killed MY instead but she stopped at the last minute & received that 'death' blow from MY instead? That could be why in 1 of the excerpts MY was uncomfortable when reminded of SW...

Oh the angst! I love. If MY delivers the death blow that would be awesome and devastating. LOVE it. Tang7 needs to write that. If she goes that route, it'll probably have to be MY or he indirectly kills  since SW had a big reaction when she accidentally hurt MY. lol. Maybe all those years of SW calling MY sissy finally did it. I have no idea how he came to the title. I don't remember reading about it or maybe it was too technical I skipped over it. lol. 

12 minutes ago, Lyna said:

By the way, just a curious question? How many different tribe are there in 3L3W? If I remember (maybe need someone to correct me), the 3L3W time - there is like only 5 tribe left? the Ghost tribe (which are different from the Demon tribe, I am assuming or are they the same), the fox tribe, the Dragon clan, Pheonix, can't remember the last one. LOL.

I think that sounds about right - Fox, Dragon, Fox, and Phoenix and then we have the Ghost. Tang7 has a set up for Demon and Ghost in MY's arc but it was too complicated to comprehend so I'm useless here. LOL 

• Like 4

I agree with @kfan1883 .and @bbssinq that the focus of the story is how YH & BQ place their love for each other above all else (including their son A-Li). That's how they roll :D

My hubby always says that in his life I will always come first before our 2 kids. But I tell him that our kids are always first for me though. I actually know a couple who are like YH & BQ. The husband constantly travels due to work. His wife always goes with him leaving their kids under their relatives' care. I know they love their kids but they love each other more lol

Also, after BQ remembers everything about her SuSu life, I think it was just right and normal for her to react that way. If it were me, some pretty serious sh!t would have hit the fan. The hardships she underwent as SuSu was no joke. Let's be honest that while YH did everything he could, in the end he still failed to really protect her. Aside from the fact he didn't explain or tell her important things especially before taking her eyes. He could have explained that this is the only way to save you. They will have you killed otherwise. I know SuJin framed you and we will get your eyes back once I become Heavenly Lord etc. (you get the gist). But right before YH took SuSu's eyes he only said, "I will definitely marry you." If I were SuSu, "The fucx?! Not in a million years!" 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, michellismyname said:

Also, after BQ remembers everything about her SuSu life, I think it was just right and normal for her to react that way. If it were me, some pretty serious sh!t would have hit the fan. The hardships she underwent as SuSu was no joke. Let's be honest that while YH did everything he could, in the end he still failed to really protect her. Aside from the fact he didn't explain or tell her important things especially before taking her eyes. He could have explained that this is the only way to save you. They will have you killed otherwise. I know SuJin framed you and we will get your eyes back once I become Heavenly Lord etc. (you get the gist). But right before YH took SuSu's eyes he only said, "I will definitely marry you." If I were SuSu, "The fucx?! Not in a million years!" 

@michellismyname LOL, I love your comments! It's so sassy and badass. It's hilarious because I feel exactly the same way. I never once thought Bai Qian over-reacted when she finally finds out that she's also SuSu. I definitely would have my knickers in knot about it as well. If you think carefully, YeHua had 300 years to process the painful experience but Bai Qian only had about 1 week. That's a lot to take in especially when you consider how poorly they treated her (ahem, SuJin the cow). They looked down on her simply because she was a mortal, talk about a HR moment, regarding all that discrimination.

I think it's a shock to the system, not to mention it's never a nice feeling when you realise the person who professes to love you will treat you in such a manner. So I completely understand the sense of betrayal, particularly Bai Qian's reaction and sentiment.Poor YeHua never really explained why he did and I think even until his death Bai Qian never fully understood his actions. It caused such a huge rift in their relationship, yes their communication issues *sigh*. 

Doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for YeHua though. You know I never felt the novel did any justice to YeHua but here in the drama, he can sit there drink his tea, wear his peach blossom outfit, saying nothing and I still think he's awesome!!!

In the novel, I found him particularly difficult to understand because it was told more or less from Bai Qian’s perspective. Additionally, he’s such a private and stoic man, not easily one to show his emotions and you really don’t get to know his thoughts in the same way we did with Bai Qian so in this regard I found him rather complex. However, I do have a weakness for complex, three dimensional male leads, Yehua is no exception :blush:

Certainly, YeHua’s character which was wonderfully portrayed by Mark really came to life. I was initially concerned because YeHua doesn’t say much in the novel but this is where Mark truly excelled. Hence my crush. He says so much with his eyes and just look at his expression. Even the command of his body language is crafted beautifully and executed so well.

Personally, I don’t do crushes (feel like a bit of an old aunty for even crushing on Mark) but I definitely made an exception. Although in many ways I didn’t have a choice – he’s just too good! Never thought I was the sighing type until I watched 3L3W or more specifically, Mark! (LOL, I am such a sad case).

I also wanted to say that I never once thought Bai Qian was a bad parent. Most people are never truly bad or good, most of time we're a mix. Humans are such complex creatures, as we are multi-facet being with many layers and dimensions. That's what makes us so interesting and unique. Personally, that's too harsh in my opinion but I would say that I'd prefer that she was a little more involved in A-Li's life. I just thought she would at least try to treasure the moment with her son now that her husband is gone. I don't judge her as I firmly believe we should be responsible for our choices in life.

However, I agree that the drama is trying to depict an all-consuming passionate love, above everything else including our offspring. Perhaps in my own personal life and certainly my own views, I wouldn't allow this all consuming passion to rule me to such an extent. That I would forget that there is life beyond my husband. I feel that this kind of all-consuming love is a little too destructive and on some level a little too selfish. Nice concept and lovely to watch but in reality I find it a little too difficult for me to comprehend. 

But hey, it's a fictional world with fictional characters. I must admit I get teased mercilessly for being so involved in these characters. :grin:

Although, I did go about in a daze for days after the final episodes aired last week so perhaps I'm much more like Bai Qian than I realised. Certainly, I had no idea how I managed to get any work done. Still a bit of a blur!! :tongue:

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, thundergirl3 said:

@michellismyname LOL, I love your comments! It's so sassy and badass. It's hilarious because I feel exactly the same way. I never once thought Bai Qian over-reacted when she finally finds out that she's also SuSu. I definitely would have my knickers in knot about it as well. If you think carefully, YeHua had 300 years to process the painful experience but Bai Qian only had about 1 week. That's a lot to take in especially when you consider how poorly they treated her (ahem, SuJin the cow). They looked down on her simply because she was a mortal, talk about a HR moment, regarding all that discrimination.

I think it's a shock to the system, not to mention it's never a nice feeling when you realise the person who professes to love you will treat you in such a manner. So I completely understand the sense of betrayal, particularly Bai Qian's reaction and sentiment.Poor YeHua never really explained why he did and I think even until his death Bai Qian never fully understood his actions. It caused such a huge rift in their relationship, yes their communication issues *sigh*. 

Doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for YeHua though. You know I never felt the novel did any justice to YeHua but here in the drama, he can sit there drink his tea, wear his peach blossom outfit, saying nothing and I still think he's awesome!!!

In the novel, I found him particularly difficult to understand because it was told more or less from Bai Qian’s perspective. Additionally, he’s such a private and stoic man, not easily one to show his emotions and you really don’t get to know his thoughts in the same way we did with Bai Qian so in this regard I found him rather complex. However, I do have a weakness for complex, three dimensional male leads, Yehua is no exception :blush:

Certainly, YeHua’s character which was wonderfully portrayed by Mark really came to life. I was initially concerned because YeHua doesn’t say much in the novel but this is where Mark truly excelled. Hence my crush. He says so much with his eyes and just look at his expression. Even the command of his body language is crafted beautifully and executed so well.

Personally, I don’t do crushes (feel like a bit of an old aunty for even crushing on Mark) but I definitely made an exception. Although in many ways I didn’t have a choice – he’s just too good! Never thought I was the sighing type until I watched 3L3W or more specifically, Mark! (LOL, I am such a sad case).

Another thing is that I have seen many fans commenting that YH has no fault/mistake ever. All he did was sacrificing for BQ

While I never doubt that he loves her than his life and would do anything for her, people fail to see YH intentionally meeting and tricking Susu marrying him was a huge mistake on his part. Yes the part they met and fall in love was lovely and sweet that people were blind just like he were blind being in love and happy for the 1st time. He should have known fully the consequences after his 2nd uncle case and how his grandpa is. Yet he didn't have a proper plan to protect her so it was completely selfish and impulsive on his end. Susu was nice and really loved him that she can keep waiting for him for years even without him giving her a real reason...I don't think I can even do that. Actually I don't think anyone can lol. And she didn't know what a huge mess he was putting her in either. Susu was completely clueless and had no mean to go against any immortal or even protect herself from them. And we know how it ended

YH has to suffer and pay back for the time BQ was suffering as Susu due to his actions. It's just fair. And BQ has every reason to get mad imo. We know what YH has been through as viewers but she didn't because YH intentionally kept it away from her.

Many hated YH when they read the novel until almost at the end because they only see it through BQ's POV. So it makes sense that she gets mad at him with what she knows and her POV. 

• Like 7

@thundergirl3 Cheers! Our girl BQ was just keeping it real and we can certainly relate to that.

I'm all kinds of giggly about Mark too! I love watching their BTS. He's such a goofball! 

Also, did you notice that even though he was dying, YH is still so into kissing BQ. Way to go YH! 

IMG_7491_zpsq3r9hihn.png

@bbssinq ikr? YH thought it was better to keep SuSu in the dark about his family but it just harmed her not knowing anything. 

Also, I hate the double standard. People hating on BQ because she "neglected" A-Li for 3 years after YH's death. But how about YH didn't want to live & almost forgot about A-Li for 60 years when he lost SuSu? 

• Like 11

@michellismyname Ohhh (this aunty is doing a fangirling scream) Yes it's a bit awkward so it's a good thing I'm not in the office. Oh but I love the picture. I still haven't got to that part yet as I'm still waiting for English subtitles from DramaFever. This time round I'm going to savour every moment!

Oh I finally got to Episode 37. Re: Feng Jiu and Dong Hua. I'm going to be very explicit about my views regarding their love story so read at your own risk. Don't say I haven't warned you.

I am still perplexed (even more so now that I understand what they're saying) and to some extent astounded by their popularity.

Vengao despite being so handsome was a block of wood and FJ unfortunately came across a little too desperate. In fact, she almost had the second lead syndrome…

Their un-fated love was under-developed, it was a carousel of frustration (it went on a bit too long for my liking), too much unrequited love (where’s your self respect, FJ!) and in my opinion *gasp* not particularly very interesting. I didn’t mind so much their interactions at the Celestial Kingdom but during the mortal realm, every time I watched their scenes together all I wanted to do was vomit blood. Oh and please don’t get me started on DH’s goatee *shudder*. He looked so lecherous and salty that I had to press fast forward, especially their wedding night *another shudder*.

I know someone is going to cast stones at me but no amount of alcohol could induce me to watch those scenes. Sorry but I had to get that off my chest. I must be dense as fog because I didn't get it when fans were saying how they fast forwarded only to Feng Jiu and Dong Hua's scenes. Well that's a very short drama.

In fact I was more interested in Cheng Yu and Lian Song love line, I won't say anymore. I'm sure you got the picture.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, thundergirl3 said:

@michellismyname Ohhh (this aunty is doing a fangirling scream) Yes it's a bit awkward so it's a good thing I'm not in the office. Oh but I love the picture. I still haven't got to that part yet as I'm still waiting English subtitles from DaramaFever. This time round I'm going to savour every moment!

Oh I finally got to Episode 37. Re: Feng Jiu and Dong Hua. I'm going to be every explicit with my views about them so read at your own risk. Don't say I haven't warned you.

I am still perplexed (even more so now that I understand what they're saying) and to some extent astounded by their popularity.

Vengao despite being so handsome was a block of wood and FJ unfortunately came across a little too desperate. In fact, she almost had the second lead syndrome…

Their un-fated love was under-developed, it was a carousel of frustration (it went on a bit too long for my liking), too much unrequited love (where’s your self respect, FJ!) and in my opinion *gasp* not particularly very interesting. I didn’t mind so much their interactions at the Celestial Kingdom but during the mortal realm, every time I watched their scenes together all I wanted to do was vomit blood. Oh and please don’t get me started on DH’s goatee *shudder*. He looked so lecherous and salty that I had to press fast forward, especially their wedding night *another shudder*.

I know someone is going to cast stones at me but no amount of alcohol could induce me to watch those scenes. In fact I was more interested in Cheng Yu and Lian Song love line, I won't say anymore. I'm sure you got the picture.

I'm rewatching episodes (for the nth time except for the ones where SuSu suffered in heaven. Too much heartache for me) and waiting for 41-42 english subs to be uploaded on either dramacool or kissasian. 

We are on the same boat. I agree with everything you said about DH & FJ. I actually skip their parts (but i like watching their BTS). I only know about their story through the comments on this thread. It's like FJ is the good version of lovesick psycho SuJin. I like Lian Song & ChengYu. I think their storyline is going to be really funny!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, michellismyname said:

@bbssinq ikr? YH thought it was better to keep SuSu in the dark about his family but it just harmed her not knowing anything. 

Also, I hate the double standard. People hating on BQ because she "neglected" A-Li for 3 years after YH's death. But how about YH didn't want to live & almost forgot about A-Li for 60 years when he lost SuSu? 

I hate the double standards the most lol. 

Like praising YH and hating on BQ when they are pretty much the same. He tried to kill himself 2 times when Susu died lol and didn't even want to wake up that they had to use the soul lamp to force him to... And he didn't care about Ali for a while too... 

It's pretty much the same with BQ but he had more time to wait and Ali has become his only reason to live. It'd be the same with BQ if she came to accept YH's death at one point. But she isn't as capable as he is... She is born that way. It's not her fault. At least she never tried to kill herself

BQ is no doubt a flawed character, which I appreciate. And she didn't do anything to get all the blame and hate from some people. YH is a more perfect character but he made mistakes. Hence it's only fair for her to get mad at him and him paying back a little lol

For MY and BQ shippers

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8947598/

• Like 8

I still rewatch it though for episode 9 (when Donghua met Fengjiu), 11 (at kun lun), 14, 15,16 and 17  and stop.....

I rewatch those episodes for Donghua and Fengjiu scenes. :tongue:

I don't like sad story. Yehua and Baiqian :bawling:

Donghua Dijun and Fengjiu's interaction are funny to watch. So I keep watching their episodes.

Also, episode 24, 25. When Fengjiu turn into fox and Donghua took care of her. He is fox lover..lol

Talk about jealousy when he saw Shiming hug "his" beloved fox.

Oh I don't rewatch when Fengjiu become to clingy to Donghua. I don't like it too...out of character from Fengjiu's in the pillow book. the best thing is I can choose which episodes I want to watch.

And rewatch episode 26 when Susu jump from the terrace. I love her voice when she said Goodbye to Yehua.

the actor who play as Bai Zhen also play in Go Princess Go? And...Xuan Yuan Sword 2017....is that Bai Zhen with white hair??

There is also Vengo....it look like he become villain in Xuan Yuan Sword 2017. And the actress who play as 3rd Princess of Ghost Clan Yan Zhi. She also in Xuan Yuan Swors 2017?

I love male character with white silver hair. I love female character with white hair too.

Now I am looking for the drama that play by actors and actresses who also act in 3L3WTen Miles of Peach Blossoms drama.

Good for Lijing become Male Lead in King's Woman. He's good.:wub:

Sorry...got to go....... to watch back episode 9,11,14,15,16 and 17 for Fengjiu, Donghua, Shiming, Lian Song and Chengyu only :wub:

2 hours ago, thundergirl3 said:

@michellismyname Ohhh (this aunty is doing a fangirling scream) Yes it's a bit awkward so it's a good thing I'm not in the office. Oh but I love the picture. I still haven't got to that part yet as I'm still waiting for English subtitles from DramaFever. This time round I'm going to savour every moment!

Oh I finally got to Episode 37. Re: Feng Jiu and Dong Hua. I'm going to be very explicit about my views regarding their love story so read at your own risk. Don't say I haven't warned you.

I know someone is going to cast stones at me but no amount of alcohol could induce me to watch those scenes. Sorry but I had to get that off my chest. I must be dense as fog because I didn't get it when fans were saying how they fast forwarded only to Feng Jiu and Dong Hua's scenes. Well that's a very short drama.

In fact I was more interested in Cheng Yu and Lian Song love line, I won't say anymore. I'm sure you got the picture.

It's fair. Not everyone liked every couple. For me, i'm completely indifferent to YH&BQ a couple. I think mostly because i don't get BQ. They changed DH & FJ characteristics quite alot. But I can still appreciate their characters in the drama mainly due to Vengo & Dilraba. For me, DH is a tsundered character in the drama. He may say cold words but his actions are so warm. From the beginning right to the end, he has always put FJ as first priority. He did so many nice things for her & FJ can feel it. That's why she fought so hard for him. FJ is someone that fights very hard for her loved ones & not just for DH either.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, seawaterwitch said:

I still rewatch it though for episode 9 (when Donghua met Fengjiu), 11 (at kun lun), 14, 15,16 and 17  and stop.....

I rewatch those episodes for Donghua and Fengjiu scenes. :tongue:

I don't like sad story. Yehua and Baiqian :bawling:

Donghua Dijun and Fengjiu's interaction are funny to watch. So I keep watching their episodes.

Also, episode 24, 25. When Fengjiu turn into fox and Donghua took care of her. He is fox lover..lol

Talk about jealousy when he saw Shiming hug "his" beloved fox.

Oh I don't rewatch when Fengjiu become to clingy to Donghua. I don't like it too...out of character from Fengjiu's in the pillow book. the best thing is I can choose which episodes I want to watch.

And rewatch episode 26 when Susu jump from the terrace. I love her voice when she said Goodbye to Yehua.

the actor who play as Bai Zhen also play in Go Princess Go? And...Xuan Yuan Sword 2017....is that Bai Zhen with white hair??

There is also Vengo....it look like he become villain in Xuan Yuan Sword 2017. And the actress who play as 3rd Princess of Ghost Clan Yan Zhi. She also in Xuan Yuan Swors 2017?

I love male character with white silver hair. I love female character with white hair too.

Now I am looking for the drama that play by actors and actresses who also act in 3L3WTen Miles of Peach Blossoms drama.

Good for Lijing become Male Lead in King's Woman. He's good.:wub:

Sorry...got to go....... to watch back episode 9,11,14,15,16 and 17 for Fengjiu, Donghua, Shiming, Lian Song and Chengyu only :wub:

I'm trying to collect all DH, FJ, SM scenes & considered it their prologue movie version before PB story. I want to rewatch everything even the sad scenes because i like seeing DH's expressions. He looked like it was hurting him just as much as it was hurting FJ. I think if he was able to change it, he definitely would. I think in the end, he did went into a deep sleep for many years to heal himself just like the spoilers said but just too bad it wasn't mentioned. In the PB, he went to sleep for many years to recuperate & that was when his & FJ shadows were created. I don't want to see the new adaptation because I already have a set DH&FJ in mind. 

• Like 2

Now i understand why there's a need to show Donghua standing on top of the altar when Fengjiu was walking towards him with her dad holding her hand (that scene when she was crowned)...and she was in red....

The production team must have guessed people would edit the scenes, mix up the sequence to produce a happy ending story of its own for this couple...w/o even scenes from Pillow book...haha.

No youtube clip...but one fanmade in bilibili. The make-up dialogue is the subtitles. Bilibili got onscreen comments, u can switch it off by the 4th bottom right icon.

The story goes that on the day Fengjiu was to be crowned as a king of the fox clan, Donghua sent Siming with betrothal gift to marry her....reluctantly she agreed and moved to the heavens....ChengYu proposed that she acted as a maid, causing problems, so that Donghua would send her away....instead later he saved her after she got hurt by the phoenix....and later fell in love with him....

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av8930982/

Anyway i think this couple got more of such make-up clips....and also fanmade MVs than the main chars BQ/YH/MY.

One of the most sad pics of them. (the actor must have really felt sad too....can not kiss back...haha)

C51cxNAUsAM-CS5.jpg

Btw interestingly that ChengYu often dressed as a guy, very similiar to LianSong....similar fans too. Despite they saying their romance was all in the past. On her fan is a red lotus (symbolic to her own storyline) while his seems to be giant rocks/hills.

20170206075109-58.jpg

201642914731112.jpg

The above actor is Li DongHeng 李东恒...feel he looks abit better in modern drama.

Spoiler

Again an example of sometimes how small the acting circle is....think he knew Liu Kaiwei, YangMi's husband...or maybe acted together b4.

image.php?url=0DQ6CjIDRB

Lastly if u did open this spoiler....u will know who is the dancing queen...haha.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, chocolatefruitnut said:

I don't think the quote system is working for me on mobile platform.

Regarding that translated bit on MY/SW it sure sounds like their storyline has much more angst that YH/BQ...it's definitely a love that can never be...I mean a love between mortal & immortal is frown upon & a love between mortals from the good / evil sects is frown upon...their love is a combination of both! Can we please get Mark Chao to reprise his MY role if this story ever gets written, we already knew how good he is at emoting angst. BTW,  that SW character sounds like BQ...they both don't arent really scared of MY...BQ even called MY her shifu a 'xiao bai nian'.

Question: How did MY get the title of God of War. Was there was another great war before that involved DH/ MY & SW on opposing sides...was it possible MY 'killed' SW so he got the title of God of War?  I'll like to think that SW could have killed MY instead but she stopped at the last minute & received that 'death' blow from MY instead? That could be why in 1 of the excerpts MY was uncomfortable when reminded of SW...

Anyone have any information on how Cheng Yu became an immortal since it was mentioned that she was a mortal who attained immortal status? Why are the Immortals nice to cheng Yu but not susu?

On a side note, am going through withdrawal symptoms so bad. I usually stay up to catch the latest episode on croton, these past few nights I couldn't sleep early  & was aimlessly surfing net & reloading this forum to read new posts...what do I do ?Rewatch? 

This is what Wikipedia says

Cheng Yu 成玉   An immortal who is brought from the mortal realm to the nine heavens by the Heaven Lord. She was in love with Lian Song in her past lifetime.

• Like 1

About Cheng Yu....i only glance/browse some general info pages....she was originally a duchess (not as high as princess) in mortal world....named Red Jade.....very sick since young, her parents kept her in a tower full of flowers after a beggar advised them....she survived and grew up until 16yo....(i didn't read any explanation for the next part) somehow she gain immortality and flew up to the heavens....the Heaven Lord named her Cheng Yu Yuan Jun (roughly translated as Becoming Jade Immortal) and her job is to guard the lotus pond in heaven.

* so probably she already gain some form of immortality....unlike Susu is still human.....sorry if i guess wrongly.

Also read that she encountered Lian Song during her mortal period...when he came to human world as a human for a short period....mmm....again same type of "punishment" for immortals? they nearly got married as humans....the rest of the story i'm not so sure....but read it involved SangJi (the 2nd prince) and his little snake wife (that time when he insisted on marrying her). Cheng Yu was 16yo when became immortal....Peach Blossom part, she was around 300yo....Pillow Book was from 500-700yo.....according to what i read....so she's a very very young immortal.

One trivia related to the Red Lotus drawn on the fan in the drama....i read something like red lotus flowers appear under her feet as she walk. 

Actually one part will induce headache if think too much....how do the immortals age in appearance? So is it like 300yo u would look like a kid? a few thousands u would be teenager...until there are some with beard, that'll be how old?.....then how come Donghua no beard?....and do different clans (fox vs heaven) age differently? haha.

• Like 6