[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

29 minutes ago, Purestupidity said:

The medicine she has taken is for things she herself wants to forget, it doesn't clear everything in the past. Very good medicine!

Bai Qian wants to forget her mortal life which she went through to become a higher level goddess (these god/goddess all goes through things to atain higher power). All of them remembers, but she wants to forget.

thanks

10 hours ago, lizax1 said:

Well I don't think anyone was expecting DH/FJ to be leads here but keeping in mind that the producers were the ones that decided to do a smash up of Peach Blossoms AND a bootleg version of Pillow Book then expecting 2nd leads for DH/FJ isn't unreasonable. But they aren't getting treated like 2nd leads are they? Not even 3rd or 4th leads at this point. Not when the likes of Xuan Nu gets more story development and screen time than they do. I think that's the main complaint.

The producers didn't have to include DH/FJ in here at all considering they were a very minor part of Peach Blossoms that never affected any main plot of BQ and YH but they wanted to do "Pillow Book" too combined into Peach. So considering that DH/FJ are leads in their own story then the producers should know that they'll come with their own fans and expectations.

Me too! That's my favorite part. I love characters that doesn't care whatsoever about society's expectations and isn't restricted by what others' do and think. DH is like "I do what I want."  That's why I hate the Susu and YH portion of the Peach story. I don't think YH protected his wife enough because he's a rule follower. He can't go against his society for his wife. Yes he did the best he could but honestly his best wasn't good enough. He took the middle road of trying to keep everyone happy and suffered for it.

And yeah I know that DH and YH aren't comparable because DH is the most powerful being and YH isn't but walking your own path against everyone else doesn't require you to be the most powerful. Sometimes the more powerful you are, the deeper you fall into the trap of conforming to society. Now I don't know what would've happened had YH said "Screw all of you but I"m not removing my wife's eyes." Maybe they would've killed her then but I would've liked YH more for it. Did the guy honestly think that Susu would've stuck around after he took away her eyes? Yes he had a reason but he removed her eyes! Reason or not, who would stick around to play house with him after that?

@lizax1 I completely agreed. Before the movie started and only the posters were shown, I was super surprised they even had DH and FJ. I did not expect them to be in the drama.  But since they did, they should have gotten the screen time and story they deserved. Even if the story isn't like the book.  It makes me very frustrated.  I would have been completely happy if DH and FJ didn't show up at all, so i can focus on YH and BQ. But since they did show up...YH and BQ is not even in my vision when I watch this drama. :crazy:

10 hours ago, kimlary1234 said:

I agree with this one. When I first started watching this drama, I didn't have high expectation, only a fair share of them was enough for me. Unfortunately, as the drama progressed their screen times were getting less and less. I couldn't careless about the demon people. By watching those two, there weren't any real development in the previous episodes. They were running in circle. Compared to other pairings/people, their storylines or characters haven't developed that much.

For other fangirls out there!

@kimlary1234  agreed..thanks for the video..DH is too handsome. Even if they didn't bleach his eyebrows. :tongue:

7 hours ago, lianyi said:

@meifang89 and @angel318 Thanks for the videos! I really can't wait for this week's episodes!

Hehe... I almost thought that the drama did such a great job in portraying YH that nobody is going to bring this up.

Actually I think DH and YH are not comparable also because they are in very vastly different situation. While DH is kind of on his own, YH is entangled in a much more complicated network of associations. He is not only a husband to SS but also the fiance of BQ, he is also a son to his parents, grandson to the Heavenly King and also the crown prince to his people. He did try to break out of this network by faking his death and this is definitely no easy feat for him because we know how much he cares for his loved ones (he chose to wear black because he did not want his injuries to be visible to his loved ones) but that failed and even resulted in the Heavenly King's discovery of SS.

With SS life now in the hands of the Heavenly King, he really have no choice anymore but to work within the restrictions and try to achieve the second best outcome that he can - let SS return to the mortal world. And one implication of this choice is his determination to keep SS alive. Otherwise he could have gone all out like the Second Prince and if it does not work, kill SS and then himself. But if he had done so, I would have think him unworthy of SS love because that is not taking responsibility, it is just taking the easy way out. If you truly love someone, you would want to keep that person alive at all costs even if it means going against the person's wishes. I think the drama actually portrayed this part a lot better than the book because at least YH explained to SS why he had to take away her eyes (he did not do so in the novel zzz). If Su Jin had not misrepresented the facts to SS, I think SS might not have left YH so soon. 

I actually find YH's situation to be quite tragic in the book because it was mentioned that no matter what he did, he would not have been able to attain happiness with SS because he is only a love trial that BQ had to go through to become a higher goddess. Even if it is not him, it would be someone else. That's the cruelty of fate. All of a sudden, the love that almost cost him his life seems so small in the whole scheme of things.

@lianyi Right, YH's situation is no where near where DH is.  DH was already the most powerful man in the universe. Even if he's retired, people still respects him..even the emperor..DH can do whatever he wants because he has seen it all  and peoples thought could not affect him in any way.  But YH has no ultimate power like DH so he can't act like DH. I don't think YH wants to make people happy, I believe he just has too many obligations.  His main obligation is to save SS but he didn't think it through. By saving her, he has causes her more pain. He just wants to spend his entire life with her, regardless as God or mortal. But there are too many obstacles in the way, so when he tried to work around it, it makes him look weak. the poor guy.  I do give it to mark chao  great credits for portraying him. 

2 hours ago, kimlary1234 said:

I am torn between wanting to continue this series or ditching it altogether as this drama doesn't do DH and FJ any justice. The casts are great, the characters are spot on, but I am afraid if I continue, I wouldn't be able to watch their own drama.

@kimlary1234 gotta fight it through and support!!!! 

1 hour ago, faythe said:

I am still going to watch it & considered it as prologue when their story comes out. The actors chemistry is just too strong for me to resist. Here, you only get a 1/10 glimpse of DH real personality. Behind closed door, he's like a big child who doesn't like to share. He doesn't like sharing FJ or her food. She can't make the same food for others as she does for him. It is kind of funny to read him trying to eliminate his opponents without making it obvious. Once he realizes that he loves FJ, he pretty much goes all out without reservations. He uses all sorts of opportunities to be intimate with her. From then, he acts like he's always been in love with her & couldn't understand why she would say no. He completely forgot that the person who did the chasing for thousands of years was FJ. But he's also really sweet. He has no problems with moving around with her because of her responsibilities as the queen of the fox clan. I have to say DH is probably the most thick-skinned male lead i've ever read. He doesn't care about people 's opinions or gossips. Pretty much does whatever he wants. FJ whole entire clan was shocked speechless that her husband is the king of the universe. They knew she has always had a crush on him, but never thought that he actually reciprocated. He stood in front of them & act like they have always been a couple. It was really really funny!

@faythe :wub: Love DH and his character (in the book and drama)

25 minutes ago, kimlary1234 said:

@ancaemma10 you can search hamster428. She has just uploaded those two books again.

better DL it before she takes it off the air again.....

• Like 4

Does anyone know which production is going to produce the PB? A good DH and FJ casts are so hard! FJ is known to be gorgeous but not the etheral kind of beauty. She's more like innocent and playful kind of beautybut can be very elegant when she wants. DH is suppose to have this regal air. He has this indifferent attitude but still ooze out this kind of "mischief" aura, which is why he suits FJ so much, despite the fact that they technical have not fate with each other.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kimlary1234 said:

I know right, I don't have any expectations these days. Sigh.

@faythe I forget the name but her production company invited Jiro Wang and Kris Wu for castings. So :blink::wacko:

NO NO NO THIS CAN'T HAPPEN TO AWESOME BOOK! If they cast those guys as DH, I will just pretend that the drama never happened.

• Like 1

so i was watching one of the preview clips, and there is a scene where basically BQ is standing in front of YH's mother, and nasty SJ, presumably getting called to task for adding herbs to the tea (which if i remember correctly from the novel, she did to help YH heal himself after losing his arm).  Looks like SJ bribed one of the maids to spy on BQ for her, ugh, but i had a question: why does BQ look so timid in front of YH's mother?  I mean, i know, ok, technically it's her mother in law, but isn't BQ supposed to be a goddess? and thus, outranks his mother and SJ? so why does she look and sound so darn timid??  I can't understand a word of what is being said without subs, but based on body language and tone -- she sounds like she is so hesitant to speak her mind, which is frustrating. 

i want her to verbally smack down (possibly physically in SJ's case), every single person who treated her poorly or looked down on her when she was in Heaven as SuSu.   I want a goddess backbone and sassy attitude!!  

• Wiggle 1

I've read both novels, and decided to see if the drama was worth watching.  Since I read the trans version by hamster, I prefer the drama to start from ep 25, lol.  There was too much going on with the demon clan.  I actually prefer the pillow book over ten miles, and fj & dh are definitely my faves in the show.  I'll still watch, too bad I'm not getting the full details without English subs, lol..oh well.  

Side topic, if Lost you forever gets made into a drama, I hope they cast Dilireba, she's such a great actress, I watched Pretty li huizhen just for her and BinBin... And this is coming from someone who stayed away from Chinese dramas for so long!  

• Like 3

Can I just say that Mark is such a a phenomenal actor? I never thought that I'd cry tears of sadness and joy for him in the spam of 80 or so minutes; the longing, the hope, the never ending love. It's too much! I want to get off this rollercoaster of emotions. 

Spoiler

SuSu once asked him for 10 miles of peach blossom trees (hence the name). I always assumed that he had used magic to plant the peach blossoms but to see him do everything by hand tugged on my heart strings. 

Ah Li is tots adorable too and I would totally swap my nephew for him LOL. Jkays but not really.

I'm looking forward to the next 2 episodes which has my favorite scene in the novel. I can't believe that I've gotten to like this drama so much that I'm actually watching it everyday as soon as it gets uploaded! it's actually helped my sleep schedule lol. The power of love :wub:

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, hello_kathy said:

I've read both novels, and decided to see if the drama was worth watching.  Since I read the trans version by hamster, I prefer the drama to start from ep 25, lol.  There was too much going on with the demon clan.  I actually prefer the pillow book over ten miles, and fj & dh are definitely my faves in the show.  I'll still watch, too bad I'm not getting the full details without English subs, lol..oh well.  

Side topic, if Lost you forever gets made into a drama, I hope they cast Dilireba, she's such a great actress, I watched Pretty li huizhen just for her and BinBin... And this is coming from someone who stayed away from Chinese dramas for so long!  

I heard Lost You Forever is angsty to the max.

34 minutes ago, icesiren said:

so i was watching one of the preview clips, and there is a scene where basically BQ is standing in front of YH's mother, and nasty SJ, presumably getting called to task for adding herbs to the tea (which if i remember correctly from the novel, she did to help YH heal himself after losing his arm).  Looks like SJ bribed one of the maids to spy on BQ for her, ugh, but i had a question: why does BQ look so timid in front of YH's mother?  I mean, i know, ok, technically it's her mother in law, but isn't BQ supposed to be a goddess? and thus, outranks his mother and SJ? so why does she look and sound so darn timid??  I can't understand a word of what is being said without subs, but based on body language and tone -- she sounds like she is so hesitant to speak her mind, which is frustrating. 

i want her to verbally smack down (possibly physically in SJ's case), every single person who treated her poorly or looked down on her when she was in Heaven as SuSu.   I want a goddess backbone and sassy attitude!!  

I don't understand either. I could not stand his mother. I believe she blamed BQ for what happened to YH in the novel, and I wanted to smack her right there and then. Everything that happened to YH is because of the cruelty and snobbiness of the Heaven Kingdom that pushed him to his limit. She is as useless as a mother as she possibly can. Besides that one time of begging the king to let BQ gave birth to YH's baby, there was never any show of kindness from her or even any kind of emotional support from her. In fact all the emotional support YH received was from his third uncle.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, icesiren said:

Do you mind telling me what preview clip this is? If memory serves correctly, the event that you mention does not happen until near the end of the book. I can probably help with making sense of the clip if you share the clip :)

Spoiler

I also don't think that YH's mother even meets BQ until YH "dies" and by then SJ has been punished so there's no chance of the two of them ganging up on BQ.  

2 hours ago, linh5000 said:

http://kenh14cdn.com/QuickNewsK14/Common/2015/06/img_201506262353431064.jpg

looks like she's the actress that is being considered for FJ. 

OMG that's Ming Yue (10th prince's bratty wife) from Scarlet Heart. Big NO for me!! I wish there's a way to keep Dilraba as Feng Jiu, she was perfectly cast and as she's getting more comfortable with her role she's nailing it! Enjoying the chemistry between her and Dijun's Vengo Gao. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can understand with my VERY limited Chinese I read that the actress being considered (or Ming Yue as I'd like to call her)- Liu Yuxin -  has her own studio company which picked up the rights to PB, hence why she's possibly casting herself for the lead role as Feng Jiu.  Ming Yue as Feng Jiu? Hmmm no thanks for now based on what I've seen of her - looks and acting wise.  ( trying to give the benefit of the doubt ever since Mark Chao made me eat my words about Ye Hua) 

Just watched ep 27& 28 and how adorable is Ah Li???!!  Ye Hua raised a good son :) 

• Like 2