[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

Drama is now up to episode 8. So far Si Yin / Bai Qian uses her blood to preserve Mo Yuan's body, then finds out about a magical jewel in possession of the Demon Clan that has the same effect as her blood. Li Jing the current king of the Demons claims it's been lost because he's jealous of Si Yin's relationship with Mo Yuan. His queen then shows off the "lost" jewel, which leads to Si Jin declaring that they both (Li Jing and Xuan Nv ) are as evil as each other and she regrets ever meeting Li Jing.

Bai Quan almost dies giving Mo Quan blood and is given half of her mothers power. Ye Hua is born and is immediately given the tittle of crown prince. Seventy thousand years later, Bai Qian is engaged to the 2nd son of the Heaven tribe king whom she refused to meet which prompts him to run off with her maid! Ye Hua notices his uncle has brought a snake back with him the the Heaven palace, which he suspects is a woman.At the end of episode 8, Ye Hua is reading about a beast that was terrorising the mortal realm and even kidnaps a queen which causes her husband to commit suicide. The king was actually an immortal, so as soon as he died he returned to his immortal self and wrote a letter about the beasts crimes.

Looks like Ye Hua will go to the mortal realm to defeat the beast and meet Su Su in the next episode.

Bai Quan seems to have the worst luck with her female companions (except for her niece) Xuan  Nv stole her boyfriend and Shao Xin ran off with her fiancé !

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Looks like I was wrong, Ye Hua didn't get sent to the mortal realm yet!

Ye Hua has dreams of when he was the golden water lilly and sees a figure in white. He has a flashback of how he ascended to high immortal status at the age of 20 thousand years old and the reason he always wears black.

The 3rd prince Lian Song discusses with Ye Hua how to avert the upcoming engagement/ political marriage crisis and remarks that Ye Hua does not know the meaning of love. Lian Tong suggests that Ye Hua take 2nd princes place as political pawn. Ye Hua remarks that it makes no difference whom he marries.

The 2nd prince begs to be released from his engagement and the news soon spreads far and wide .The news causes Zhe Yan and Bai Qian's father to demand an answer and to break the engagement. The Heaven King refuses to back out of the engagement, so Lian Song suggests Ye Hua take the position of Bai Qian's fiancée. Ye Hua's female companion/ adopted sister Su Jin is devastated that he is engaged to someone else and has no interest in her.

Feng Jiu is pursued by the same beast that is terrorising the mortal realm and is rescued by Dong Hua De Jun. Dong Hua goes to visit the bell where Jing Cang is imprisoned and gives the earth god of that place a bell to ring if Jing Cang breaks out. 

Bai Qian visits Kun Lun and revisits her memories of Mo Yuan.Feng Jiu her niece follows her and is put under a sleeping spell. Bai Qian tries to seal demon lord Qing Cang back into the bell,since he had almost broken out. She succeeded but he cast a spell on her causing her to lose her memories and powers. Bai Qian wakes up in the middle of nowhere and thinks she is a mortal.

Next episode, Ye Hua will probably appear as a snake!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, frostflower14 said:

Next episode, Ye Hua will probably appear as a snake!

I was refreshing and was hoping to see your recap so thank you for the recap. I was hoping that Ye Hua would meet with Bai Qian but it probably won't be until tomorrow (in his smaller dragon from that she mistake as a snake). And their actually meeting (in person) may be the following day or *finger cross* tomorrow as well.

I appreciate that it does provide the background to Ye Hua as well (with his relationship to Sujin given he never love her one bit) which follows Ye Hua epilogue in the book (from his perspective) to know that there is no one he love but Bai Qian.

I just think it is adorable how eternal his love is for Bai Qian, whether she was pretending to be a boy (as Si Yin), as Su Su, and finally as Bai Qian. Their fate are tie together even before he has a physically form. He is even engage to her without knowing :) I wonder if he knew that Si Yin was a girl overall or was under the impression that Si Yin was a boy? If a boy, I think that's double adorableness that he liked Bai Qian regardless of gender LOL!

And yup, Ye Hua doesn't know or aware of what love is so I cannot wait until he met Su Su and falls for her. 

Separation Clip - this is probably my favorite clip so far and when it actually happen with sub, I am going to in a crying mess (especially seeing Ye Hua desperation when she told him where she was at and where she is going - his tears and desperation as he rushes over to get to her in time). 

• Like 4

Even Yang Mi is married, Oh GOD!! Love the chemistry between these two!!
Such a sad stories line between these two!! This become my favorite after TPW !!

Edited: I didn't know that Mark Chao play as Mo You and YenHun is married!!! What!!! 

Edited by dramalover99
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2017 at 8:15 PM, Lyna said:

Dramafever still have no sub! *tears* I guess that's okay since Ye Hua haven't show up yet. I'm more invested in Ye Hua story than Mo Yuan (even though it's acted by the same actor) LOL!

Reveal hidden contents

I was actually like you thinking that Mo Yuan is 1 lives of Ye Hua but upon reading, it turn out that Mo Yuan and Ye Hua are twins brother. From the novel, when their mother was in labor, she could only saved one child but not the second one so their father feeling that they wronged the second child, retain the baby's soul within his own. Using his half of his life energy, he create a womb for the baby but the baby wouldn't wake up for the longest time.

In the drama, the golden lotus is Ye Hua (from what I am assuming on the sub) which shows that before he is actually born, he is already fated with Bai Qian (I kind of look at it like Bai Qian had imprinted on him like how Jacob imprinted on Renesmee in Twilight, LOL). 

Bai Qian only see Mo Yuan as her teacher and nothing more. I mean from the way it look, I am sure Mo Yuan have feeling for Bai Qian but he's not fated with her. The person fated with her was Ye Hua and their 3 lives (I am debating if the 1st is when she's Si Yin (as Mo Yuan disciple), So So, and then Bai Qian) or as (So So, Bai Qian) and then the 3rd live cycle reflect Ye Hua (part ending).

Yeah, the opening did show Ye Hua hugging Bai Qian. It could be near the ending during their time of separation since currently while Bai Qian is Si Yi, Ye Hua hasn't been born or awake yet. He's still just a spirit residing in the lotus (I believe). 

Hope that explains much! :)

Drama fever just posted they will start airing the episodes   February 6th! which is monday. I haven't had time to watch it live, will watch a couple of raws this weekend and then subs on monday 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, dramalover99 said:

Even Yang Mi is married, Oh GOD!! Love the chemistry between these two!!
Such a sad stories line between these two!! This become my favorite after TPW !!

Edited: I didn't know that Mark Chao play as Mo You and YenHun is married!!! What!!! 

Yup, Mark is actually married to Gao Yuan Yuan :)

Drama wise, love his chemistry with Yang Mi. The BTS shows their fun and good chemistry as well.

• Like 3

Recap of Ep 11:

4th brother goes to find Bai Qian but she is not home, he finds out from Zhe Yan about her new engagement.

Dong Hua finds Feng Jiu asleep at Kun Lun and discovers the spell left by Bai Qian. He suspects Bai Qian used to be Si Yin because the spell would only passed on from Mo Yuan to one of his students.Dong Hua questions Feng Jiu about his suspicion but she denies knowing anything about Kun Lun. Li Jing visits Kun Lun and remembers his memories of Si Yin.

Feng Jiu follows Dong Hua around hoping to repay him for saving her, but he says he does not need her to repay him. Dong Hua talks to Si Ming, (immortal in charge of human fates) about the bell losing its effect after 70 thousand years and relays his suspicions about Bai Qian.

Feng Jiu finds out from Si Ming that 2nd prince had run off with Shao Shin and that her aunt is now engaged to crown prince Ye Hua. She immediately goes to see Shao Shin to interrogate her about her disloyalty. Dong Hua shows up and questions Shao Shin about an immortal named Si Yin. Shao Yin also denies knowing any thing about Si Yin. Feng Jiu tries to follow Dong Hua home but is denied entrance.

Meanwhile Bai Qian believes she is a mortal and lives in a house in the middle of nowhere. The beast thing comes to visit her house,but is frightened when sees her fan .He has a flashback of when she was Si Yin using the fan as a weapon.Ye Hua shows up and engages the beast in battle. Ye Hua turns into his dragon form and defeats the beast but is unable to return to his human form, so he turns himself into a mini dragon that resembles a snake. Bai Qian goes to the cave where Ye Hua is sleeping to feed her bird and takes him home with her. Ye Hua recognises that Bai Qian is the person he sees in his dreams, but wonders why she is female when the person was a male.Bai Qian offers to keep him as a pet, but Ye Hua says he's only staying for a few days and then return to his human form. She says he's allowed to leave but is not allowed to accept another owner.

Su Yin offers herself as Heaven Kings concubine as a way to garner loyalty from the clans not loyal to the Heaven  kingdom.

Bai Qian discovers Ye Hua is injured and puts some medicine on his back that he says will only make his wounds worse. She then tries to feed him some raw meat which he refuses to eat saying snakes eat raw meat but he wants it cooked. She kisses him and he says "How Dare You?". Bai Qian does not understand anything Ye Hua says to her and threatens to kiss him again if he doesn't eat which makes him comply. She takes him with her in a basket and he remarks "Can't you see it's about to rain?" Ye Hua takes his human form and stops a female immortal from making rain where Bai Qian lives.

A human priest spots Bai Qian's fan and recognises it as an immortal weapon. He tries to buy it from her, then accuses her of stealing it from him.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, frostflower14 said:

Bai Qian discovers Ye Hua is injured and puts some medicine on his back that he says will only make his wounds worse. She then tries to feed him some raw meat which he refuses to eat saying snakes eat raw meat but he wants it cooked. She kisses him and he says "How Dare You?". Bai Qian does not understand anything Ye Hua says to her and threatens to kiss him again if he doesn't eat which makes him comply. She takes him with her in a basket and he remarks "Can't you see it's about to rain?" Ye Hua takes his human form and stops a female immortal from making rain where Bai Qian lives.

Thanks for the recap. I saw this clip scene in sub and thought the exchange between them were cute. Now I just can't wait for them to meet in his human form. 

And by chance, are there only 1 episode release on the weekend and 2 on weekday?

Recap of Ep 12

Continued from the last episode, Bai Qian's fan is taken by a mortal priest who recognised it as an immortal weapon. Yan Zhi, the princess of the demon clan also recognised it and intervenes on Bai Qian's behalf by proving the fan really is magical. As thanks, Bai Qian gives Yan Zhi the fan.

Bai Qian takes Ye Hua home again and is surprised he (in snake form) slept the whole way. It's revealed that Bai Qian takes the Ye Hua the snake to bed with her like in the original novel. In the meantime, Ye Hua is getting bandaged by a doctor.the doctor remarks that his wound was not caused by the beast things fire but by a herb. Lian Song asks Ye Hua if he has anything to sat regarding Su Yin's marriage to his grandfather but Ye Hua does not care. They discuss the upcoming war with the fish people who are ready to rebel against the Heaven Tribe. Lian Song brings up Ye Hua's engagement to Bai Qian and tells him the Heaven King is already getting marriage gifts ready. Ye Hua is surprised that the Heaven King is in such a hurry to settle this matter since the engagement was just announced. Lian Song mentions it must be because Sang Ji (2nd prince) offended the fox tribe

.After seeing Ye Hua leave, Zhi Yue his female cousin remarks that it must be because Su Yin is about to become a concubine, and Ye Hua's going to get her back! Zhi Yue discusses with Su Yin her upcoming marriage and tells her if she doesn't agree she can decline. It's revealed that Zhi Yue has a crush on Dong Hua and Lian Tong warns her against him because he is older and outranks them all. Zhi Yue hilariously misses the point, remarking "You're afraid that if I marry De Jun, I'll outrank you and you'll have to bow to me."

Ye Hua goes to see Si Ming to ask about what happened to Si Yin and Mo Yuan. Si Ming tells Ye Hua that there is a rumour saying Mo Yuan and Si Yin did not just have a master student relationship, so Mo Yuan faked  his death to live in hiding with Si Yin.Ye Hua asks how Si Yins fan could get to the mortal realm. Si Ming speculates that Si Yin could have dropped the fan during the battle with the demon clan causing it to fall to the mortal realm.

Bai Qian is overjoyed when Ye Hua wakes up in snake form because she thought he was hibernating. She shows off her new blanket to him, which he says is too gaudy. Bai Qian says although the colour is a little gaudy she likes it because all her robes are simple. Ye Hua says that although she is not very pretty, she has good taste in clothing, compared  to colourful clothing worn by female immortals, white robes are the most beautiful. He notices that she does not have her fan anymore, and asks what happened when he wasn't there ( of course she does not understand a word he is saying) . While Bai Qian tells Ye Hua about why snakes hibernate and a kind hearted girl who gave her the blanket, she is removing her robes causing Ye Hua to protest why an unmarried girlis undressing in front of him. Bai Qian shares the blanket with Ye Hua and he turns into his human form to sleep with her (literally). Ye Hua remarks that the fan is a powerful weapon and its good that she lost it since it would have caused further trouble.

In the meantime, Feng Jiu leaves home to fulfil her quest to repay Dong Hua De Jun. She gives Mi Yu (the house keeper) the scroll left by Bai Qian causing the whole family to realise  that Bai Qian left to seal Qing Cang.

Feng Jiu hangs around outside Dong Hua's palace and is spotted by Cheng Yu, an immortal that used to be human. Cheng Yu helps Feng Jiu get a job as Dong Hua's maid. Feng Jiu is spotted by Si Ming who warns her if she is found out Dong Hua will throw her out.The maid in charge warns Feng Jiu that maids that break the rules get thrown to the mortal realm. Feng Jiu attempts to bring Dong Hua some tea but is stopped by Zhi Yue who is jealous of her beauty. Zhi  reprimands Feng Yue about not knowing the rules and orders another maid to teach her. The other maids take advantage and orders Feng Jiu to do all the menial jobs. Cheng Yu comes to visit and Feng Jiu tells her about having to obey her aunts future husbands cousin since she outranks Feng Jiu. Cheng Yu tells her not to worry about the whole rank thing, since according to rank (if you count the past romance with Lian Song) Cheng Yu would outrank Zhi Yue.

• Like 5

Thanks for the recap. Been watching the raw and can't wait for the sub to come soon. I love that the drama is flowing in line with the novel and Ye Hua is totally smitten from the raw :)

Like novel, he does turn into his human form every night and sleep with Bai Qian (literally) as she cuddle close to him. I love seeing his bashful, happy smile around her since it's Ye Hua who hardly ever ever smile. He always have a stern and serious expression but to see him smile happily by being by Bai Qian just have me squealing. 

It's so cute he's faking his injuries just to be with her. Omo, I just love it even though knowing it'll break my heart in the long run with their tragedy.

• Like 3

I am joining the train! This show is so exciting. I haven't really live-watched the episodes since Love O2O. And this is absolutely worth it. I have tried getting into some dramas (including Princess Wei Young and General and I) but it didn't really keep my interest. Perhaps I will go back and watch it some day. The story is very compelling and so very exciting. Not looking forward to the tragedies, but the show has done well and made everything so beautiful and graceful. And Ye Hua has a romantic bone! Can we cheer for that? We all thought he had been very emotionally restrained because of his upbringing but who knew he had this side. I love how he approaches his third uncle all the time. They share an interesting relationship. The uncle is pretty funny! And how cute is his internal monologues with himself?? Especially when he looks at Su Su and mumbles to himself. 

"Snakes do not need to sleep on beds. Nor do they need blankets."

I wonder how are they going to get Su Jin to be his concubine? When she is going to be the emperor's soon? Also, can you technically have a concubine if you haven't gotten your main wife? 

I just saw the trailer for episode 14. Ye Hua please please don't cancel your engagement with Bai Qian. Delay it maybe? Hehehe.

4 hours ago, jayyepeee said:

I just saw the trailer for episode 14. Ye Hua please please don't cancel your engagement with Bai Qian. Delay it maybe? Hehehe.

According to the novel, he never cancel the engagement. The engagement with Bai Qian is a set marriage. It's actually quite a very very long engagement (like over 300 years). And there is no way he could get out of the engagement given his grandfather is set and firm to have a union with the fox tribe.

I think it'll most likely postponed since currently, they're under the impression (the fox tribe) that Bai Qian is missing not realizing she's Su Su.

@frostflower14 Thank you very much for the recap! :blush: I hope you'll keep doing that until the end :grin:

Btw can someone here give me summary of Dong Hua & Feng Jiu novel story? I only found ch 18 that have eng translation :(

Recap of Ep 13:

Bai Qian takes Ye Hua back to the cave where she found him,  and tells him when she found him she thought he was a dead snake. He replied that he was only resting, but she put the herb on his back so his injuries have not healed. Bai Qian tells him he can leave if he wants to,but if he really leaves she would have no one to listen to her. She finds an injured bird in the cave and leaves Ye Hua behind. It's shown she now sleeps with the bird in its cage. Ye Hua still comes back and is upset that to Bai Qian there is no difference between him and the bird. He still takes off his boots and gets into bed with her. Ye Hua remarks that an unmarried girl sleeping with the crown prince of heaven for 3 months,if he doesn't marry her no one will touch her (tarnished reputation and all that)

Meanwhile, Yan Zhi is looking at the magical fan before making it disappear. She is approached by the Golden Lion Beast thing and she asks why he disappeared for 70 thousand years.Yan Zhi has been searching for her brother the eldest demon prince and asks the beast if he knew what happened to him. The Golden Lion Beast reveals that the current Demon King would know exactly where eldest prince is since he imprisoned him.

Yan Zhi spots Bai Qian walking down the street. Bai Qian is also spotted by the same human priest who tried to steal her fan. He accuses her of bring a black snake into the city, a big no no apparently. Everyone is afraid of the "demonic" black snake and attacks it and Bai Qian with vegetables. Ye Hua turns into his dragon form and Bai Qian is surprised that he wasn't a snake after all. Ye Hua tellsBai Qian that in this world only she would mistake him for a snake and that he would return in a few days.

The Golden Lion Beast tells Yan Zhi that eldest prince killed Demon  Kings mother. If she doesn't believe him she can go to the ice prison to see for herself,but first she needs to steal something from her second brother.

Ye Hua returns to heaven and speaks to Si Ming about the fan asking him to find out what happened to it. Si Ming offers to find out about the mortal who has the fan fate, but Ye Hua declines.

Su Yin tries to help Ye Hua with his clothes but he declines. Ye Hua tells her that the Heaven King had already chosen a date to make her his concubine, so Su Jin should not be seeing him. Su Jin says that her only wish is to serve him, since he was 10 thousand years old she had been his companion. He dismisses her when she gets touchy-feely, and tells her if she does not leave he will call the guards, then there will be no way she can become Heaven King's concubine.

Ye Hua goes to ask Lian Tong advice regarding his love life.Lian Tong is surprised that Ye Hua cares for a woman and wants to stay with her. Ye Hua tells him that Bai Qian is like something  he had lost, then found again after thousands of millennia. Lian Tong tells Ye Hua that  he is in love, which he protests that he is only trying to repay her for saving him. Lian Tong asks Ye Hua "Don't you want to ask me,how to get her to like you?" Lian Tong suggests using his beauty to make Bai Qian love him, which Ye Hua doesn't like. He then says girls love heroes, so why doesn't Ye Hua release a demon to scare her then come to save her, then she would have to use her body as repayment.The last plan Lian Tong suggests is pretending to be injured which Ye Hua likes.

Si Ming is sent to the mortal realm to punish the human priest who tried to harm Bai Qian.Si Ming remarks that he offended the wrong person and looks at the scroll about his fate.

Bai Qian is sad that her pet snake turned into a dragon, since she had already planned to dig him a cave to spend the winter. Ye Hua appears after Bai Qian goes inside leaving his basket outside. The next morning, Ye Hua pretends to be injured outside, Bai Qian's house. She takes him in and makes him some medicine. Ye Hua pretends to wake up and Bai Qian says she still has not cleaned his wounds. She asks him to disrobe, but he asks her to do it instead. Seeing Bai Qian cry for him, Ye Hua makes his wounds dissapear and pretends to be surprised when his wounds heals. He pretends that the herbs she has put on his wounds are rare. Ye Hua says that he was attacked by a demon beast, but Bai Qian says she has lived on the mountain for months and never seen a demon.

Bai Qian goes to the market to exchange some fruit for rice and makes Ye Hua some porridge.He asks her what her name is, but Bai Qian does not know since she has no family and lives alone on the mountain. Ye Hua names her Su Su because she dresses plainly. He asks if she wants to know his name and he writes it on her hand. He finds her asleep on the table since she gave him her bed and puts her to bed climbing in afterwards.

The next morning, Su Su somehow makes her fire really smoky cause she's bad at cooking. Ye Hua is bemused asking Su Su how she lived before he arrived. Su Su explains that she is a picky eater so she just picks fruits to eat and if she hunts an animal she would roast it. Ye Hua remarks that it is lucky that she knows how to roast meat.Su Su tells him about her pet snake who ate raw meat. He was difficult to keep because he would want to sleep in bed with her and she would share her blanket with him.

Ye Hua tells Su Su that snakes doi not need to lie on beds, nor do they need blankets. Su Su replies it must be a special snake because it turned into a dragon and flew away. Su Su leaves to go pick some herbs but does not return so Ye Hua goes to look for her, still pretending to be injured. She tells him she got lost and once couldn't find her way out of the forest for 7 or 8 days. Ye Hua is amazed at how bad her sense of direction is. Su Su tells him to go ahead and laugh at her,but he says he is always tolerant of less intelligent people.

She tells him she only wanted to go pick some herbs but got lost, people like her are only suitable for keeping animals. Even her pet snake turned into a dragon then left and never came back. Ye Hua tells her that perhapsits still around. Dragons are immortal creatures sent to the mortal realm to defeat demons so can't stay too long because it would disrupt the fate of mortals.

Ye Hua tells Su Su about the Golden Lion Beast and its crimes. The beast was defeated by the snake turned into a dragon, but in the process it was also wounded, then it met you.

7 hours ago, meifang89 said:

@frostflower14 Thank you very much for the recap! :blush: I hope you'll keep doing that until the end :grin:

Btw can someone here give me summary of Dong Hua & Feng Jiu novel story? I only found ch 18 that have eng translation :(

It was very long winded so I skipped most of it.

• Like 6