[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

33 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

That mustache and goatee really looks good on him imo. 

In the drama I loved the hair down look right after his return.

It sure looked much better on him than Ye Hua! 

I've always thought he looks much better as Mo Yuan than as Ye Hua!

:doggie:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 8:34 PM, Megan said:

Hello. Question: how is Bai Qian recovering her eyes from Su Jin getting her debt back?

Su Jin had her eyes for some time and doesn’t get punished for the thievery in my opinion. Her own blindness was self/caused so it doesn’t really count, and she even gets replacement eyes from fish anyway.

oh sure she gets punished for running away from Qing Cang and telling falsehoods about Bai Qian and Sang Ji’s son because she is repeatedly exiled.

but seriously, I don’t think Bai Qian getting her eyes back counts as Su Jin getting her bad karma when she isn’t further punished.

Also, if Ye Hua in the book believed Su Su had pushed Su Jin, why did he blame Su Jin for Su Su’s death and not his grandfather?

Not sure if you already have the answer but....

Because of the past scandal involving SS's servant (Shao Xin) and the former crown prince (YH's uncle), the Heavenly Emperor determined to maintain the engagement with the Fox Clan.

I don't think even the Emperor believe that SS pushed SJ, yet he just used SJ to get rid SS, the lowly human. YH knew that, so he pretended to be cold to SS as the way to protect her from the heavenly Emperor. And he even took SS's eyes himself because he was afraid the heavenly Emperor will take this chance to give SS's harsh punishment to get rid of her.

As evil as SJ is, she is sadly just Heavenly Emperor's pawn, and she knew this too. She wasn't afraid to bully SS because it's according to Heavenly Emperor's wish. But when she found out SS was BQ, she was so scared of what the Heavenly Emperor would do to her, that she offered to guard the bell by herself (yes the meeting with everyone about what SJ has done to SS didn't happened in the novel).

The endless reincarnation punishment that SJ has to suffer was because she didn't guard the bell properly, not because of what she did to SS.

Also same thing happened with Sang Ji's and SX's son, she can bullied him because she knew that the Heavenly Emperor wanted to bring them to the ground for being too ostentatious. Heavenly Emperor won't punish her, because it was in accordance to his wish. So the novel also didn't have this scene. As satisfying as the faceslap is when all SJ's deeds was revealed in the drama, tbh, I was surprised when Sang Ji and his family appeared in the end. Because in the novel, Sang Ji realised why his son got punished and was keeping low profile.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

Came across the transcript before and I agree.. It's funny, but I don't think it would have added anything... If anything, I wished they showed a little more of BQ training at Kunlun. Mo Yuan praised her once for being the one with the most talent;  yet all we saw was a lazy, mischievous  fox. :hwaiting2:

• LOL 1

16 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Came across the transcript before and I agree.. It's funny, but I don't think it would have added anything... If anything, I wished they showed a little more of BQ training at Kunlun. Mo Yuan praised her once for being the one with the most talent;  yet all we saw was a lazy, mischievous  fox. 

I wish she physicslly fought Yao Guang a little when she was captured. Uhm, she was very cheeky though, so I guess that makes up for it. :lol:

• LOL 1

• 3 weeks later...

When watching other xianxia dramas, this drama often comes up. It remains a drama all other dramas of the same genre are compared. 

Below are some illustration from Ye Hua and Mo Yuan, shared by @Ninky ( :foryou: ) in the "Eternal love of dream" thread.

I'm just sharing them here for those who may have missed them in the other thread. I for one have never seen most of them. 

I can't wait to read more about Mo Yuan in the upcomming novels by TQ. :D 

Mo Yuan:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

Mo Yuan

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

Ye Hua

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

• 2 months later...

Yup, I agree that YH is more mischievous and shameless than MY. MY had a kind of reserved dignity that prevented him from expressing himself whereas, YH had no problem going after the girl he liked. 

I really liked both the book and the drama. There are a lot of side characters in both but I didn't mind.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

@ElleSor I agree. I've read both the novel and watched this drama several times over the years. @SilverDawn True. It's the drama that firmly elevated XX Cdramas for me because for soooo long XX drama didn't evolved in terms of production and quality. I call it my TMOPB Cdrama standard when assessing XX dramas and since it's release no XX have surpassed it yet for me personally.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 8/5/2021 at 3:55 AM, ElleSor said:

Yup, I agree that YH is more mischievous and shameless than MY. MY had a kind of reserved dignity that prevented him from expressing himself whereas, YH had no problem going after the girl he liked. 

True, but we don't have Bodhi fate yet. I have a feeling we will get to see a different side of Mo Yuan as well. Ye Hua has a very reserved and dignified character too- from the outside. :)

Poor Mo Yuan suffered so much after losing Shao Wan... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/21/2020 at 9:49 AM, beldaran said:

So I tried translating Epilogue 3: The So-Called Peach Blossom... where all the girls who have a crush on Ye Hua get to see Bai Qian and Ye Hua together ;p 

You can read it here.

It'll be public for a while, but I'll eventually set back the privacy settings to avoid potential issues regarding fan translations. Please let me know if somebody has already done this - it's probably better than what I did. :)

I'm still looking for the English translation of the Ye Hua epilogue, if somebody has access to that.

@RomulanRe-post with link to translation. :)