[Movie 2017] Single Rider 싱글라이더

cutie_let_let

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 16, 2017

New movie 'A Single Rider'

New movie 'A Single Rider'

The stars of the new movie "A Single Rider" -- Lee Byung-hun, Gong Hyo-jin and Ahn So-hee (L to R) -- pose for a photo during a publicity event in Seoul on Jan. 16, 2017. The movie will be released in South Korea in February. (Yonhap) (END)

January 16, 2017

Lee Byung-hun, Gong Hyo-jin’s new film to open in February

(Warner Bros.)

A thriller film starring Lee Byung-hun and Gong Hyo-jin, tentatively titled “A Single Rider,” will be released locally Feb. 22, Warner Bros. said Monday. 

“A Single Rider” is the second Korean-language film produced and presented by Warner Bros. 

(Warner Bros.)

The film revolves around Kang Jae-Hoon, a promising fund manager who loses everything due to bad loans. Played by Lee, Kang travels to Australia in search of his wife Soo-jin, played by Gong, and his son, only for a shocking truth to be revealed.

It is the first feature-length film for director Lee Zoo-young and boasts a star-studded cast that includes singer-turned-actress Ahn So-hee, formerly of Wonder Girls. 

By Kim So-yeon (syk19372@heraldcorp.com)

January 16, 2017

Actor Lee Byung-hun shows affection for his everyman character in 'A Single Rider'

By Shim Sun-ah

SEOUL, Jan. 16 (Yonhap) -- Actor Lee Byung-hun has played unusual movie characters in recent years. He was a gangster in two Korean films "Bittersweet Life" and "Inside Men" and a notorious con man in the recent domestic action flick "Master." He even was a robot assassin in the Hollywood action film "Terminator Genisys."

But in the upcoming homegrown film "A Single Rider," his character is Kang Jae-hoon, an everyman in his early 40s who is in charge of a regional branch of a stock-trading company and head of a family with a little kid.

Lee said during a news conference for the film in Seoul that he was drawn to the character simply because he was a normal person.

Actor Lee Byung-hun speaks during a news conference for "A Single Rider" at a Seoul cinema on Jan. 16, 2017. (Yonhap)

Actor Lee Byung-hun speaks during a news conference for "A Single Rider" at a Seoul cinema on Jan. 16, 2017. (Yonhap)

"It was like reading a well-written novel when I first read the screenplay," he said, adding that it was as shocking as the script for "Bungee Jumping Of Their Own," a 2001 Korean hit film. "The screenplay had resonated long in my mind after I read it, so I had this premonition that I'll come to do this work."

As for his character, "Jae-hoon is a very ordinary person. He gets married, fathers a child and leads a successful life to some degree with a decent job.... He, however, belatedly realizes that he lost the biggest and the most important thing in his life after moving through the world with blinders on to achieve things that don't matter," Lee explained.

"The film is mostly filled with ordinary lives and emotions. I, as an actor, wanted to continue to follow the man's mentality and see how such small emotions are delivered to the audience," he said.

In the second Korean-language film produced and presented by Warner Bros., Kang travels to Australia to meet his family there after losing everything due to bad loans. He, however, gets suspicious of his wife's adultery and starts watching her from a distance, only to confront a shocking truth there.

Kong Hyo-jin, the prominent TV actress who played Kang's wife Lee Su-jin, agreed.

"I chose the film because it has a plain character," said Kong, who has taken on strong female leads in such films as "Crush and Blush" (2008) and "Love Fiction" (2011) and "Missing' in 2015.

Su-jin is the archetype of modern-day housewives who have quit their job to raise their children but one day ask themselves "Who am I?," the actress explained.

The director (1st from L) and cast of new Korean film "A Single Rider" pose for a photo during a news conference for the film at a Seoul cinema on Jan. 16, 2017. (Yonhap)

The director (1st from L) and cast of new Korean film "A Single Rider" pose for a photo during a news conference for the film at a Seoul cinema on Jan. 16, 2017. (Yonhap)

Actress An Sohee, a former member of the K-pop idol group Wonder Girls who previously appeared in the homegrown action film "Train to Busan", took the role of Yoo Jin-ah, a Korean college student who is staying in Australia on a working holiday visa. She asks for help from Jae-hoon after becoming a victim of a fraud case in the country.

"A Single Rider" is writer-director Lee Joo-young's feature debuting film. She was a commercial ad director before joining in the film scene.

"I was in a male-dominant working environment in my previous life. They lived an ostensibly stable life, but I was wondering if they were truly happy," the filmmaker said of her reasons behind creating the movie about a middle-class family breadwinner who suddenly loses everything.

Since she was the winner of a program run by her film school to support first-time directors, she was lucky enough to work with internationally-acclaimed Korean auteur Lee Chang-dong of "Poetry" (2010) and "Secret Sunshine" (2007) for eight months to write the script for "A Single Rider."

She drew laughter from the audience by saying that the most frequent comment from the master filmmaker was "I don't think that's interesting."

"He repeatedly asked such questions as 'Do you think that's interesting? and 'Is this real?' during the eight-month period," she said, laughing.

"His advice became the driving force in writing the script for my first feature film," she added.

"A Single Rider" is set to open in local theaters on Feb. 22.

Above is the official poster of "A Single Rider." (Yonhap)

Above is the official poster of "A Single Rider." (Yonhap)

sshim@yna.co.kr

January 16, 2017

Lee Byung-hun, Kong Hyo-jin and Ahn So-hee in "Single Rider"

Source: Sports Hankooki via Hancinema.net

photo808963.jpg

The cast of "Single Rider" were at the premiere production event of the movie "Single Rider" on the 16th.

"Single Rider" is about a father of a family who disappears to Australia in search of his family after a distressed-debt incident. The movie features Lee Byung-hun, Kong Hyo-jin and Ahn So-hee and it comes out in February.

photo808964.jpg

photo808965.jpg

January 18, 2017

Second trailer for film 'A Single Rider' unveiled

SEOUL, Jan. 18 (Yonhap) -- The second trailer for the South Korean film "A Single Rider" has been released, starring top stars Lee Byung-hun and Kong Hyo-jin.

The short clip released Wednesday by the film's local distributor M-Line Distribution captivates viewers' attention as the high-profile leads' superb acting delivers in-depth emotions.

Lee makes a 180-degree turnaround from playing unusual characters such as a gangster or a con man in his previous works to an ordinary everyday man in his early 40s, whereas Kong will take on the role of his wife, an archetype of modern-day housewives.

The movie talks about Lee, a branch manager of an investment firm, who sends his wife and son to Australia. After losing everything due to bad loans, he flies to meet his family. However, he soon gets suspicious that his wife is being unfaithful and starts watching her from a distance, only to discover a shocking truth.

Lee has currently come off the hit domestic action flick "Master" and Kong has taken on a strong female lead in her latest film "Missing" released in 2015.

"A Singe Rider" is the second Korean-language film produced and presented by Warner Bros. and the debut film of writer-director Lee Joo-young, who used to be a commercial ad director before joining the film scene.

The much-awaited film is set to open in local theaters on Feb. 22.

AEN20170118011000315_01_i.jpg

deserts@yna.co.kr

January 22, 2017

Lee Byung Hun, Gong Hyo Jin And Ahn Sohee Share What They Treasure The Most In Their Lives

Source: Soompi by A. Choi

Lee Byung Hun Gong Hyo Jin Ahn Sohee

The three actors of the upcoming movie “Single Rider” open up about what they view as the most precious in their lives, but it wasn’t without some friendly teasing from each other!

On January 22, MBC’s “Section TV Entertainment Relay” featured an interview with Lee Byung Hun, Gong Hyo Jin and Ahn Sohee.

The three actors were asked, “What is the one thing that you must never lose in your life?,” which was a phrase from the film itself.

Lee Byung Hun

Lee Byung Hun answered, “My character in the movie thought of family and it is the same for me as well. It’s family.”

When Gong Hyo Jin is posed with the same question, Lee Byung Hun interjected jokingly, saying, “It’s diamonds, diamonds!” Gong Hyo Jin played along and said, “My wallet.”

Ahn Sohee

Lastly, Sohee answered in a roundabout way, saying, “My character in the film went on a vacation with money that she had worked hard and saved for the past two years,” to which Gong Hyo Jin joked, “She’s saying that it’s money.”

Source (1)Clip: xxsxhxx

Spoiler

Archived