• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly enjoyed every episode of Monster. I commend the writer for the suspense and angst presented in the drama. I know it is reported that it was an opened ending but that is far from true. The drama ended with a commitment between KKT and OSY. 
So many viewers projected their own viewpoints in their comments that it almost took away from actually watching the drama. But, all the nuances served their purposes and in spite what appeared to be a betrayal between KKT and OSY, they were brought right back to full circle in their relationship; back in the same house, temporary blindness and two hearts beating as one.

GW was a minor fluctuation between KKT and OSY, in the end their love never faded no matter how much they tried to go their separate ways, their love was and is circulatory. However, we should note this was not a Rom-Com, not a love story per se. Yet love is what prevailed.

I hope this couple will do more dramas and movies together and that nothing can keep them apart, they truly entertain.

I enjoyed sharing these months with you guys and thank you for your challenging opinions, they made me pay more attention to the drama and all the nuances. Henceforth, I will watch dramas with a bit more discerning eyes and read all comments with a watchful eye. Several times I was almost persuaded reading the comments, but then when I watched the episodes myself, I was like hmmm.

Be blessed!

On 9/20/2016 at 8:49 PM, valsava said:

Oh KKT and DSY scene is so touching I wish he would choose her 

17 hours ago, my2centsworth said:

After watching that scene with subs, I felt the same way. Shin Young has really matured into a beautiful and thoughtful woman. KT showed his true feelings for her in a way that no girl could get mad at him for. As he told her to go and find that good man that will love her the way she deserves, but  until then you can make the decision to leave or stay with me. Then he hugged her. So touching.......probably the best scene in the esp to me.

@valsava and @my2centsworth... :wub::wub::wub:

14295454_305705163130276_512941523185172

14309688_540372809503361_158943897672744

Special thanks to sit8sekki IG

Just my thoughts on the last ep of Monster. I am not completely happy with the ending. They should have rounded up everything in ep 49 and make an epilogue of ep50. The scene of BIJ escaping and then going after OSY with a gun was really unnecessary and complete waste of time. And why do they need to make Gunwoo a hero. I can understand that he was a pathetic and OSY felt sorry for him maybe she did developed feelings for him all those times she was separated from KT, but the hero of this story is KT right?. What we got was just cheap 2 mins flashback scene of KT/OSY moments that was in his dreams prolly. And will he make it through surgery? SIGH!!!

Guest my2centsworth

Watched the last and final esp of my beloved drama, Monster. Like my Grandmother use to say...."what goes around comes around"...we have come full circle !  Ended where we began.  When watching this live stream I was very angry at the ending......felt it was a "cop out" on the writers part as with all the ups and downs they put us thru with this drama......they left us with the unknown.  Did KT die or just fall asleep dreaming of SY? Did his dream turn to real life and he and SY lived happily ever after? With subs KT told SY he promised to come back alive and he always kept his promises. So I take it as he lived and he and SY did live happily ever after. Writers.....I have this to say.....no matter what ending you give your drama, there will be some people who won't like it. That is a given fact. You can't please all the people all the time, but the way you ended this one left is so each of us could believe what we wanted to believe.  That to me is a "cop-out". Its like you lost confidence in your writing and was trying to please everyone.   Writers don't do that !  If anything, this drama may have made you realize some things and your next drama will be a smash hit !   I'll be waiting for it!  I have watched most of your dramas and plan to go back and watch those I haven't seen. All of you are with great talent and I feel you lost your way sometimes with Monster. But no matter what avenue you went down, I was there for the ride. Would do it again if I had the choice.

GW dying.....knew this was going to happen. His pitiful life took him down the wrong road and his ending was expected. Very sad to see him go and in such a violent way. But if you live by the sword, you die by the sword. As BIJ did. When watching with subs, I honestly had to skipped over his hanging scene. I had bad dreams when I watched it live stream and could not bring myself to watch it again. Writers....this is how much some of us get into your dramas. I felt sorrow to see this greedy, evil person dying in this manner . He got what he deserved and letting him leave this world acting like a coward ( the real coward he was ) and peeing on himself was more that fitting. To me, Jung Bo Suk is one of the finest actor in Korea. Love watching him in Giant and he carried his role here as BIJ to the next level. 

Now this part of a real sore spot for me.......when the punishments were handed out......WOW.......Kwang remained the President of Korea ! ! !   One of the most corrupted characters in this drama, gets to fulfill his dream of being President. GIVE ME A BREAK ! ! !  Unfortunately this really happens.......just look at the two candidates we have running for the President of the U.S.  Enough.....now KW gets 2 years for plotting the deaths of 2 people with an already criminal record......well....thats what we get for having a corrupt man elected President that just happens to be your uncle.  And with the world knowing the President's own daughter murdered a woman.....that right there is enough to send her to prison and demand her father to resign as President.  This part of this drama is the hardest for me to swallow.

Shin Young didn't get her hotel, but even better doing all that good work with orphan children. Maybe she will meet that special guy and fall in love and maybe even adopt one or two of those needy children. With her Father and Mother now finding God, it could work.

My happiest part.....CR getting control of Haupling and Moon getting DoDo Group. Not happy though with ST in a butler's uniform, but what ever rocks his boat is ok with me.....lol

Have to ask....Did Han get his 3 million.....lol   He should have  After all he risked his life and maybe he find some happiness with it.

Enough rambling for now......going to read the remainder of your comments. May have more to say later.....be on the lookout.....lol  :D Oh I will return...have one last task to do.

Oh Yeah...@badsmuler....the young boy and girl in those pics from the cast. Think one of two things here.....1. They were suppose to be the future children of SY and KT and the writer cut them out and changed the ending  OR  2. They were children of a crew or cast members just visiting......guess we will never know...lol  

Guest my2centsworth
On 9/20/2016 at 6:40 AM, bukk1 said:

Not bad, better than I thought. So what if she had some love for GWoo, he needed somebody to care for him. However, it was never meant to be for him and OSY. She is home now regardless of the ending we saw. Full circle.

Exactly my friend bukk1......Full circle.  So fitting. What to tell you how much I have enjoyed you comments. Hope to see you again in another forum in the near future. Best wishes to you.

Guest my2centsworth
1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

Just my thoughts on the last ep of Monster. I am not completely happy with the ending. They should have rounded up everything in ep 49 and make an epilogue of ep50. The scene of BIJ escaping and then going after OSY with a gun was really unnecessary and complete waste of time. And why do they need to make Gunwoo a hero. I can understand that he was a pathetic and OSY felt sorry for him maybe she did developed feelings for him all those times she was separated from KT, but the hero of this story is KT right?. What we got was just cheap 2 mins flashback scene of KT/OSY moments that was in his dreams prolly. And will he make it through surgery? SIGH!!!

Hello and Good-bye my friend MissGal .....so nice to see you again. Have to agree that the ending was a little disappointing. The writers left with out own point of view as to what really happen with KT and SY..They should not have done that in my point of view.  How is your Looonnnggg drama going.....bored yet...lol  Just playing with you....lol  :) Anyway, we say good-bye to this drama and now looking forward to watching The Woman With The Suitcase. Looks good......want to join me?.....lol 

hello dear friend @my2centsworth i guess we can't always have the ending we want the writers have 'better' ideas i think. I will prolly join you in The Woman with Suitcase my fav actor  Joo Jin Mo is in there and also my all time fav from WS Choi Ji Woo. Have never see them together. I 've watched most of JJM's drama, and he looks exceptionally handsome in my fav Fashion 70s, Queen of the Game and 200 pounds beauty. ooops off topic ok see you somewhere sometime ciao!

Guest my2centsworth

Haven't said good-by yet.....and probably won't for the next few days. But have to say this !

@badsmuler Won't say good-bye but say hello to a new friend that I mad in this forum. I have to give you a million and one kudos for all your hard work and devotion to this drama and forum. All the pics, articles and "full of emotions" comments. You are the greatest ! :wub:

@MiAmour You too....a million and one kudos for all those wonderful pics and articles. You added so much info and fun to this forum. :wub:

@valsava Another great friend.....so enjoy you comments and bombs.....lol  Already have seen you in other forums....if you leaves I will hunt you down...lol  just kidding my fear friend. :wub:

@bukk1, @Lmangla. @ross27@Carmarie, @AliciaA, @imgreatgal, @andy78, @bebebisous33, @zenya22, @docster6, @UnniSarah, @Nymeria289, @Misstwilightfan1416, @thephamle, @haena and all of those that I may have missed.....Thanks so much for making this a great forum. Best Wishes and hope to see all of you in a forum in the future. :wub:

Not completely gone yet...will return. Have more I want to say and comment to. ;)

Thanks to all your hardwork in this forum. I think of the 188 pages, @badsmuller wrote about half of them. She is a heroine to me. @zenya22 didn't have as many posts but her detailed and thorough analysis of every situation might add up to about as many words. @my2centsworth did a great job of summarizing most of participants and I felt guilty to be included. I stopped watching right around when my favorite secret agent left to the USA for NSA. She wasn't the reason that I left but I just got tired of seeing BIJ. I love the Gun Woo actor from Full House II but he turned me off completely in this drama. As a man, I don't like guys who cry about their past. I like people who could kickass and make something out of themselves. I wouldn't have accepted BIJ's help to pass the test to be #1 in earlier episodes. But I kept reading the posts in this forum because of all your great efforts. I rooted for @badsmuller's Germany football team during the Olympics. By the way, your favorite German football coach's wife is Chinese and he lives about 20 miles from my house in California. I will see a lot of you elsewhere. Thanks for everything.

18 hours ago, my2centsworth said:

@my2centsworth  I agree with you. I also thought KKT was the hero.   Although, I enjoyed the veteran actors, and their acting skills, I was very disappointed with the path the story took and how they made the drama as much about Gunwoo as KKT.  I went from loving this drama and not being able to wait for the next episode to, not watching at least 10 episodes.  I read posts all the time where the fans want the girl and the second lead to get together, maybe it would have worked in other dramas but this one, it did not work for me. OSY and Gunwoo should not have spent one episode together as a couple.   The story was set-up that OSY met KKT when he was a blind rich kid, because of circumstances, she and her brother had to flee for their lives and KKT's inheritance was stolen from him and he became homeless.  However, despite losing touch with each other, they still loved each other and wondered where the other was and longed to see each other again.  I thought the drama would have been focused on KKT getting revenge and his company back and getting the girl he always loved.  I think the writer was trying not to duplicate Incarnation of Money, but got lost along the way.  Had they stuck to the original formula, the ratings would have been a lot higher.  It is my hope that the actors next projects are successful.

I am currently watching Jealousy Incarnate, Laurel Street Tailors, Cinderella and the Four Knights, Moon Lovers(Scarlet Heart Ryeo) and Moonlight Drawn by Clouds.  I hope that at least one of these dramas make me smile at the end. 

Until the next drama...good bye all.

On 9/21/2016 at 9:59 AM, my2centsworth said:

OK.....folks it officially over ! Set up last night to watch the live stream.....didn't get to bed till after 5 a.m. and even then couldn't fall asleep.  So here I am almost 12 hours later and almost...I say almost  to watch with subs. Part of me doesn't want to because then it will be officially over for me !  So here goes......haven't read any comments yet and will upon my return. Have to say watching live stream.....I come to the conclusion that the writers had to have made some serious changes before the last esp aired. And right now, they make me feel like they couldn't come to agreement between themselves as to how to end this drama. I will accept the ending, but not please with it. I think these writers have so many successes with their dramas that they took it for granted that this one would be too. Too many changes and mistakes with this ones......not all the writers fault, but they seemed so set back with them that they weren't prepared and didn't know where to go with it. Writers.......take a long vacation before starting another project. And a suggestion from a net viewer........next time....think things through better and maybe try some different stars to add some new variety to you next drama. Not that I didn't like this cast....I loved them. I started with this drama. Rode the roller coaster and stay with it till the end. I swallowed the bad parts and praised the good ones. Just there seem to me more bad than good. One piece of advise to the writers.....NEVER.....NEVER...again change boats in mid-stream. That is.....your characters personalities changed mid-stream and that was a complete "drama changer" .  Your devoted viewers, like me didn't like that.

Enough of this....going to watch with subs and will return. Please don't get upset over my words......I sometimes just have to say what is on my chest.  :mellow:

18 hours ago, my2centsworth said:

Haven't said good-by yet.....and probably won't for the next few days. But have to say this !

@badsmuler Won't say good-bye but say hello to a new friend that I mad in this forum. I have to give you a million and one kudos for all your hard work and devotion to this drama and forum. All the pics, articles and "full of emotions" comments. You are the greatest !!!

Not completely gone yet...will return. Have more I want to say and comment to. ;)

Anyoooong my dear new chinggu, @my2centsworth... :wub::wub::wub:

I'm very very happy to know you through this forum and i will never forget our beautiful memories for these past 7 months...hope to see you again in other forums but i will still lurk around and post in this thread because i'm not ready yet to say goodbye to this drama, KJH and SYR and my chinggus here... :heart::heart::heart:

From my POV...the SW-Nim was succeed in revenge parts BUT totally failed for romance parts...seems to me that she's confused whether to picked KKT or Gun woo as the right man for OSY when she should know that from the start viewers root for Our OTP, KKT and OSY...not the other !!!!!!

The ratings started to reached double digits when KKT and OSY were officially became a couple ( around Ep. 24 )...then just little by little lost the attention from its viewers when SW-Nim offered the rediculous formula about crisscross couples, KKT-DSY and OSY-Gun woo...with the worse parts when OSY and Gun woo finally engaged...Then OSY became The Public Enemy No. 1...LOL LOL :angry::angry::bawling:

The way SW-Nim cut Gun woo's from this drama to became OSY's hero and didn't show the result of KKT's operation just proved her confusion how to ended this love triangle...and for me, its always a doubt whether Our OTP have happy ending or not ???

Hello guys, long time no see. It has been awhile. I think that was some kind of a song….. LOL. So the drama has finally ended. Halfway down the drama, @badsmuler had said that it was the worst thing for KKT to have been assigned the position of heading the Chinese “Mafiosi” Huaping was it?? and going  back to Korea to fulfill the revenge of his adopted father to acquire the DD Group and the revenge of his family and rebuilding a relationship with OSY seemed to have become a secondary aim. As @Lmangla also mentioned, KKT was pushed up to a power position way too early plus he had no memory of the woman he loved. I back read some pages (not all) where OSY was blamed and hated for her actions with Do Gun Woo and for neglecting or not seeming to love KSY enough. I disagree. My issue with OSY has always been how she unilaterally decided that it was the best for KKT to lose all memories of her without asking or telling KKT about it. For me that was unethical especially that her character was a lawyer. One cannot make choices for an adult’s mode of treatment without consulting the person being treated. The patient has to be included in decision of  his treatments especially if it will alter his way of life so much. Will she take responsibility for the actions she took? It really seemed she never did, that it never bothered her about the results of her actions or about what she could do to help KKT reclaim his life. KKT is not a child and OSY is not his mother or his guardian and I have commentated on my feelings about that extensively. However, when it comes to the seeming lose of connection in their relationship, both KKT and OSY and the circumstances built around them (by the writer.. hehe someone has to get blamed) are at fault. Whilst Do Gun Woo placed OSY left, right, front, back and center in his life, KKT on the other hand had MTG faithfully by his side telling him that DDG and not OSY was his priority. Even when he knew about their relationship, KKT did not fully attempt to learn about them nor was there any passion shown as measure of his feelings for OSY. When KKT learned about their relationship and how close they were and wanted to go to OSY,  MTG threatened to leave him as MTG wanted DDG to be his priority and KKT relented. His dedicated interests had become DDG. KKT was in DGW’s face about DDG but when it came to OSY, KKT seemed to have lost his zest, his ardor or intensity to fight for this woman he once fervently loved since he was a teenager.  So I would not blame one over the other for their loss of eagerness to resume their love affair, since both of them let circumstances get in the way, both were responsible for the state of their relationship. Also, I was happy when I thought DGW, my loved character, had changed because then the concentration of the story will revert to KKT and his revenge and that of OSY and reclamation of his life with OSY. Instead the story concentrated on the DoDo family most especially Do Gun Woo. I loved the character of DGW especially in the beginning, the change in him to being a good guy was for me a relief, because I was thinking that his story would have been to reconnect with his father and the rest of the Dodo family, that he will learn to humble himself and accept his lot in life and help care for his father. I wanted him to be able to let go of his past and learn what family is all about. I was hoping that would have been his storyline when he seemingly started to change into a good guy. I loved his devotion to OSY, I just hated that it became an ugly obsession. I That story line would have given KKT the OSY loving and family revenge plot to build on. Anyway, I have to confess and accept that it was my fault for my disappointments because of my expectations of how the story should be told based on my experience of the other dramas told by the writers, I expected a story concentrated on the revenge of KKT.  I am not disappointed in the ending which I watched. It did not make anyone a hero as DGW’s life was about OSY without her he would have died anyway so saving OSY was akin to saving his life. The way they wrote DGW’s character, he became the story of the drama ….…. And KKT’s story became a side story, the very reason I lost interest in watching.

I must say though that this story is realistic in many ways. Hwang becoming the President, and KKT his buddy, the DD family intact and none of them “punished” enough for their transgressions. Live as usual as if nothing happened. That is life. Anyway I love the reconciliation of the Dodo couple, my OTP kekeke. Chairman Do and Madam Do, you rock. 

I also understand how OSY may have grown to care for DGW. They became close as they worked together then they became friends into more than friends. Sometimes one wants to help the one cared for to become better or to change and one forgets that it has to be the person we care about who wants to change. But the responsibility dynamics becomes blurred in such relationships and codependency occurs. It also happens in real life. The problem here was both were isolated, because one was hated and judged the one who cared about that person was also judged. They both needed help and KKT the one person who could have helped OSY was too involved with DDG. 

Thank you all my chingus in these drama, for all the posts, @my2centsworth for keeping in touch and again to all for the lovely company the conversations and discussions whether agreement or disagreement. Everyone was right in the way the see the drama…. According to each perceptions …. no one is wrong and no one is right…… it is just how one sees. See you in other dramas. I am hoping to watch the drama after Monster. The previews of that drama look really good. Anyway…. Happy watching and be well….

I want to thank the drama makers, the writers, directors, producers, crew but most of all the actors who gave their all to making this drama worth watching even while some viewers disagreed with the characters. It must be hard for an actor to be play a hated character but then that is the beauty of their work that they can emote and make the viewers respond to the character they portray whatever the character is loved or hated. That shows their professionalism. (it worries me though the amount of vitriol and hatred by the viewers at times and taking for granted that it is ok, it if frightening) Best of luck to all the crew and actors may they have more projects to work on. 

Guest my2centsworth

My dearest @badsmuler will be checking back from time to time too. Not ready to say good-bye either. Still have more to say...lol Like this...I am a person who is totally against the death penalty. My grandmother was that way and I guess I inherited her feelings about it. So the death scene with BIJ being hanged has weight heavy with me. He deserve to die, but with BIJ or anyone that has committed crimes as he did.....well let me say.......life in prison is far worst to me. If you have family, you will never get to spend another holiday, birthday or anniversary with them, except in some cases thru a large plate of glass. Never get to touch a love one ever again. You can see them but you can touch them or share any private moments with the. This kind of thing would drive me crazy and want to repent and regret all my previous actions that lead me to be in  a prison. With BIJ...he had no one left, Even CD turn on him. And have to praise CD for seeing the error of his ways and help put a stop to BIJ crimes. BIJ was in a very small cell, all alone. No books or newspapers, not even a calendar on the wall for him to couldn't the days. That past there would be enough to drive someone nuts, having to see the days go by so slowly and all you could do was mark them off one by one.  That is if he is allowed to even have a pencil. He has no money to buy off the guards for favors. He probably  doesn't even get in time outside, only has to spend the rest of his life in that small cell thinking about others having a happy life while he was there with nothing and no one.

Another thing that bothers me, and that is KT asking the newly elected corrupted President to make sure BIJ did get the death penalty. To me, the more I think about it the more I dislike it. I know.....this was a drama all about KT's revenge for his parent's deaths. He got it ! ! !  But in my opinion, he got it by asking someone else to do what the law would not approve him to do. So he took the next step and asked a favor.   When I look at it, KT took a life. I know there will be those who disagree. But that is the way I feel about it !

I may be back with more....lol   Some things have been on my mind and may just keep expressing myself about them....Is this a way to keep this forum going...lol   Anyway...not ready to say good-bye ! :tears:

And you my friend @zenya22 so nice to see you again......and especially great to know everything is well with you. Hope to see you soon in another forum...keep in touch please.

Ok, I know I just came back to see how the drama ended and watched episode 50 again fully subbed. I am probably the minutest of the minority here whom loves the ending. I cried for the characters of KKT, OSY and yes DGW. The ending for me is representative of what happens in life. People have hopes, goals and set out to fulfill them and life happens. such as experiences and challenges not expected or wanted. Only when people get to a certain place do they know that whatever happened had to happen for them to be where they should be . For me, I think that was what the writer was pointing to with the story of KKT and OSY, an enduring bitter and the sweet love story. So, there may not have been many passionate kisses but definitely it was about love more than about revenge story.

This is the story of a woman who was loved differently by two men and whom she loved differently according to how they loved her. For one it was empathy, understanding and caring dug deep from her compassionate heart and for the other it was trusting, secure, lasting and deeper love borne out of childhood friendship and attraction. One loved her desperately and obsessively his life depended on having her and the other more matured and understanding loved her generously and unselfishly. OSY for me made mistakes and yet she had the strength and capacity to love and care no matter whom she cared for or loved. 

Yes, for fifty episodes, I guess they had to add a lot of hullaballoo like the DD family but what would this drama be without the Dodos eh?   

On 2016/9/22 at 10:40 AM, imgreatgal said:

モンスターの最後のEPにちょうど私の考え。私はエンディングと完全に満足していません。彼らは、EP 49のすべてを切り上げとEP50のエピローグを作成しておく必要があります。BIJはエスケープした後、銃でOSY後に行くのシーンは本当に不要と完全な時間の無駄でした。そして、なぜ彼らはGunwoo英雄にする必要があります。私は彼が哀れだったとOSYが感じた彼のために残念多分、彼女は彼のために感情彼女はKTから分離したすべてのそれらの時を開発したのが、この物語の主人公は、KTの権利であることを理解することができます?私たちが得たことはprolly彼の夢であったKT / OSYモーメントのちょうど安い2分の回想シーンでした。そして、彼は手術を通してそれを作るのだろうか?SIGH !!!

ok☆

Archived