There will be a tour at the "Monster" drama shooting site for Kang Ji Hwan's Japanese fans (some fans are going there already on their own)

Announcement of actor Kang Ji Hwan's drama shooting field tour
translated by Pechumori

13606914_1052172394818971_78302343889788

Kang Ji Hwan, returned to work after 2 years in the currently acclaimed MBC drama, "Monster". In line with this, a shooting field tour of the drama "Monster" in South Korea will be held.

As part of the tour benefits, there will be an opportunity to shake hands with Kang Ji Hwan, take a group photo with him, posters and CD as gifts. Get a chance to feel the tension of shooting which cannot be felt while watching the drama on the TV screen and the charm of actor, Kang Ji Hwan.

■ "Monster" shooting field tour starring Kang Ji Hwan

Spoiler

Tour recruitment period
From 7/7 (Thursday) 18:00 up to 7/28 (Thursday) 23:59

Tour dates

2016/9/2 (Fri) - 9/4 (Sun) two nights and three days
★ shooting field tour will be on September 3 (Saturday)

Tour points
1. chance to see the shooting site of the drama "Monster" starring Kang Ji Hwan
2. group photo with Kang Ji Hwan
3. handshake with Kang ji Hwan
4. "Monster" poster signed by Kang Ji Hwan
5. "Monster" related items as gift

For details, please visit the site of Kang Ji Hwan's Japanese official fan club

http://www.kangstarjp.jp/ 

source: http://kimage.jugem.jp/?eid=6 via Yoko

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started watching Monster because of Kang Ji Hwan, but after probably less than 20epsides, as the drama becomes more draggy, i had to bail out.. sorry Ji Hwan... am just going to read the recaps and watch some of it if it happened to be aired on cable. Anyone can recommend a recap site for this drama? Thanks :)

On 7/9/2016 at 0:54 AM, zenya22 said:

Gun’s part in the framing of KKT, he was used once more and totally by BIJ. KKT convinced Dr Na to sign the contract with him when he gave Dr. Na an envelop  with a pen in it. While he was at Dr. Na’s hotel room he had to use the bathroom. Oh Choong took a picture of KKT talking to Cha Woo and OCR sent it to Gun who sent it to Dr. Na. When KKT came out of the bathroom to finalize the signing of the contract, Dr Na said he wanted to rest. KKT left and Gun Woo  called and made an appointment to meet with Dr Na. Gun ordered his secretary to spike the drink of KKT so KKT will not be able to interfere with the meeting of GW and Dr Na. Gun promised a “pen” just like KKT did and told Dr. Na that he was the  son of DC as a guarantee. Both Gun and Dr. Na agreed to contract with DDG. While Gun was meeting with Dr. Na, BIJ met with OC, his sidekick, and told him to steal the blueprint and kill Dr. Na. OC protested that it was not part of the deal with Gun, but BIJ ordered it anyway steal the blueprint and kill Na and OC did it. Gun never knew about the plan to  kill Dr. Na. But Gun totally implicated himself by not investigating how DR. Na died and how KKT was accused of the killing, knowing that he spiked KKT’s drink so was asleep. He was more interested in the blueprint. He is also guilty of bugging KKT’s place. So even though he had nothing to do with the murder of Dr. Na, nor framing KKT for the murder, he was the one in contact with, was the one who called and met with Dr. Na while KKT was drugged  and BIJ was nowhere near Dr. Na. BIJ was far away from the scene pulling the strings.  What is ironic are the people telling Gun, even brother Gwang, that he is such a fool for being used and I think that when KKT confronts him about his part in framing him that he will say the same thing. You are so pitiable...

@badsmuler:smile: I guess that depends on how one defines tragic. If one defines tragic as the amount of tragedy encountered in life then yes, KKT fits the definition. However for me it is how one lives, how one’s integrity and quality of life is affected by those tragedies. For me a tragic life is one that is wasted. So BIJ and Gwang are also tragic victims of life because they did nothing to enhance or make life better for others and therefore themselves. All their energy is WASTED in complicating their lives and others with misery. They did not contribute to the betterment of life for others or themselves. I consider Gun the most tragic because  in his mind his life is not his, he was and is conditioned to live at the dictate of others and has no resources to help him see that he has potential to be free. KKT on the other hand despite all the tragedies and losses has command of himself and his life. He has self reliance and integrity, and may I say charisma especially with the ladies.   :smirk:   He is the hero after all and as pointed out he has the resourcfulness to earn the support and respect of others whether others got somethithng out of it or not . 

On 7/9/2016 at 4:41 PM, Lmangla said:

hugs from all of us here on the thread @pechumori

@badsmuler ~ @zenya22 explained it well. yes, KT had a tough life but perhaps it was because he has experienced love in his family, he does not cave in to the difficulties and instead has a fighting attitude. so KT does not see himself as the victim. in which drama is pizza the victory food? kekekek... when BIJ gives him fried chicken and pizza in prison, he stuffs it in his mouth and says that he will come back. and when he gets his little victory with the affair coming out, he eats pizza! thats KT. whereas Gun seems to be struggling in a circle of despair. he could have told BIJ off or fought back but he is unable to because all his life, he has been craving for love, for approval. he is working his hardest for the company to see his father re-installed as chairman and also to get some love. so thats all he wants and there is something tragic about him because his situation is such that he may never be loved. when he tells soo yeon that it does not matter if she betrays him or uses him as long as she is there, he didn't sound like a typical stalker whiny second lead. instead, the scene conveyed a great loneliness that gun has. he is so lonely and starved for company that he would rather have someone by his side even if they are going to betray him instead of fighting and going at it alone like KT. so when I see KT, I don't see a tragic figure either but instead someone with courage and who is fantastically persistent -- a survivor. whereas gun? it seems like he is bound to have a tragic end unless he realizes that he is something of worth and he does not need to earn love.

@zenya22 and @Lmangla...

Gun woo's incompetence in front of BIJ and his jealousy towards KKT that make his life miserable...it's himself that creates a tragedy for his own life, neither the external factors nor even BIJ... 

I don't think GW is lack of love...

- Yes, he had to lived with his abusive stepfather but his late mother loved and cared for him so much...she even took GW's place in the prison in order to made him met with Dodo Chairman ( with BIJ's help )

- Dodo Chairman does love him...When he found out that Gun woo is his son, he gave SPD Manager position to him ( compare to Gwang woo who has to started as a staff first )...in their private dinner at her late mother's favourite restaurant, his father promised him to gave a big big power so he can be respected and dreaded by others...his father asked Sec Gong to found a woman from wealthy family for Gun woo's future wife ( something that he never did or even considered to Gwang woo )

Of course in front of Madam, Dodo Chairman only said its because Gun woo more competent than Gwang woo... :blush::blush:

Its just Gun woo who is yet realize how much his father loves him...even more bigger than his love for Gwang woo or DSY...he's too foolish and naive to let BIJ took the advantages of his anger to revenge his father and undirectly attached with BIJ's felony... :bawling::bawling:

While KKT is the opposite of Gun woo...more obstacles and tragedies, more strength and power...no wonder if ladies fall for him...even some gentlemen can't resist his charms too, for examples Dodo Chairman, Sec Moon and ST...LOL :heart::grin::heart:

@my2centsworth...

On 7/9/2016 at 10:50 AM, my2centsworth said:

Been thinking about how KT has been watching the interactions between GW and SY. He first saw them in the garage when she was comforting GW and KT saw tears on SY' cheeks and memories came rushing back to him. Since then he has seen them walking, talking and smiling at each other. having a meal together and then the fact she is in the hotel with him while the team was working on the bid. Last, he saw and heard them on the elevator and knows they went into a room together. What would you or I think.........oh yes......serious relationship there, remember we are on the outside looking as KT would.    Then KT sees her wearing the necklace and remembers seeing it on DG. KT sill have many missing pieces and of course the headaches refuses to let some of those memories come back. So, I was think that KT might be thinking that SY and GW are in a relationship. He knows SY is special, but not the truth of how they loved each other.....YET......lol   I say yet, because it's only a matter of time. But meanwhile, KT is probably thinking GW and SY are a couple as well as working together, so what happens next. Before KT get full use of his memories, GW will find out some way ( probably by Shin Young's big mouth ) that KT has lost his memories of SY and try to take full advantage of that. Oh yes.................we are going to see the "old" GW soon. Maybe even worse that ever. He will be determined with 2 things. 1. To not let BIJ get away with taking Dodo Group and  2. ( which is more important to him ) Not to let SY go for the second time. 

Actually from the beginning KKT had already thought that OSY and Gun woo are lovers but Sec Moon and ST always convince him that they're not...i hope our OTP will not misunderstand of each other...like OSY with Gun woo or KKT with DSY... :blush::blush:

I want them to meet soon and realize their feelings...even though KKT had already kissed OSY but until now we never hear KKT says a magical word " Sarange " to her... :heart::heart: Or it's not necessary anymore...LOL

On 7/9/2016 at 11:14 AM, my2centsworth said:

Both you @badsmuler and @zenya22 got me on a run here....lol  Think of this......just my point of view........lol  Yes, KT will inherit Hauping, but we all know that KT would never purposefully  hurt another person. He even saved the Boss, now his adopted father's life. This had to change the Boss. So what if......if......KT told his new father that Hauping would have to change in order for him to inherit it. I don't think for one minute that the Boss doesn't know that CK isn't dead. This was something that KT and the Boss talked and worked on before he left to go back to Korea. So with KT taking over Hauping after the Boss passes away won't be a bad thing. He will turn it around and make it a legal organization and probably already started with not killing CK. I also think that one of two things will become of CK. She will die by BIJ's hands or all the truth will come out about her feelings for KT as well as what she got the professor to do to him will be forgiven and she will be either let go from Hauping or given the job to run the China division of it.  Now.......this is only what I think may or may not happen. But happy ending for all except if CK dies. But if she dies by BIJ's hands that gives the right to be put under the prison never to see the light of day again as long as he lives.  I will ask the writer to please don't let BIJ end up like JBS's character did in Giant.

For OCR case...i prefer her to death, chinggu...seems to me she will never like and accept OSY as KKT's love of life... :angry::bawling:

8 hours ago, badsmuler said:

UNDWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... :grin::bawling::blush::bawling::bawling::bawling:

@badsmuler

arrrrgggggghhhhhhh, what are they doing, what is this, writers are now playing square dance music??? When is the revenge going to start???? It is episode 31 and BIJ is reading the classics,  trying to be a wanna be classic politician and on the loose spreading his bull on innocent masses and what is KKT doing .... playing musical beds with Miss yeller who found herself something to do as Miss hotelier??? UNDWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:confounded::w00t::w00t:

Dear oh dear…. The Do kids spreading mayhem wherever they go. Gwang and Gun will fight over OSY. Gwang is livid and will seek revenge, probably hire mobsters again to attack OSY and punching mad/sad Gun right behind him. If something happens to OSY BIJ will get the blame…. How ironic will that be and while the fracas is on with the brothers over OSY, sister Shin Yang takes advantage of fuzzy memories KKT eh?:crazy:

Now, I reall/y want Mr Forgetful and Miss Unforgettable You to meet. I want KKT and OSY to meet  ASAP, headaches or no headaches. We don't need professor Jin. OSY is the one person who can make KKT breakthrough the pain of heartaches and headaches. KKT is recalling bits and pieces of SY but his recollection is stopped by the headache. KKT is already making the connection of the images of OSY and himself together as the source of his headache, heartache and breathlessness and he is also astute enough to associate it with his hypnotherapy treatment. So will he be able to associate the headaches more directly to the bullet in his head as the source of the problem? Will he associate the bullet to the pain and therefore able to hypnotize himself and reverse the hypnotic suggestion installed by Professor Jin? Associate the bullet to good memories while OSY gently reminds him of the good old days eh? She can also remind KKT that there are more important things to do such as kick butt of BIJ foremost and whoever else they need to butt kick. I want revenge. No more playing around. I miss SA, she would have gone avenge now and straightened Shin Yang to get her claws off her man…. Errrrrrrr OSY’s man.:love::naughty::persevere:

My rant on Soo Tak..... ST, is he a friend of OSY or KKT? For his own reasons he too participated in the framing of KKT. He knew that the drink was spiked but he did not tell KKT. He also could have said no but he did not. He never told anyone of his participation but KKT may know after all he was the one who offered KKT the spiked drink. He refused to help OSY when she was asking for help to find the stolen blueprint. He redeemed himself by helping show the blueprint to Dong Soo to memorize but he did it only after he saw SA on TV was wanted by authorities and on the run with KKT, If he did not see SA on the run with KKT would he have helped OSY? He is lucky that Agent SA was sent to America because she would have whopped his butt. He never told OSY of his participation in the framing of KKT nor did he come forward to vouch for KKT and say that his drink was spiked and so was drugged and asleep and impossible to have murdered Dr. Na. He kept that to himself did he not? :unamused: Does KKT trust him or just finds him usable? Now he has the chance to help both OSY and KKT by preparing OSY and tell her about KKT being alive and unable to remember her because he gets headache. And if his reason to not tell OSY is because he thinks she will tell Gun about KKT being alive who is he to judge OSY? It was actually Hae Il the secy of Gun who told OSY of the framing of KKT for the murder of Dr. Na by BIJ and his boss’ part in it. Thus OSY telling GW, I can never forgive you for that either. Hae Il was and maybe still is close to Nan Jong who is the Dodo  intern buddy and now the secretary of OSY and Lawyer Min. Good for her!! Now will KKT really ever trust ST? Unless ST comes forward to confess to KKT, maybe not. 

So what are the writers telling us? The all to human conditioning of choices that is effected by our perceptions of what is facing us.

Now let the butt kicking begin already!!!! Enough with the naughty naughty eh pretty please??:smile::love:

@Lmangla *Clapping* I love your description of  Gun Woo and Kang Ki Tan @badsmuler ... I also love your description of Gun Woo and Kang Ki Tan.  Your both right on their description. Gun Woo seems himself as lacking in love and he still out for revenge. Don't let his tears sway you @Lmangla because he is still out for revenge. Yes he did have a hard life but he was loved by his mother. She loved him so much and that is why he wants revenge on his father. If he really wanted his father to have the chairman seat again, he should come clean and he hasn't. His father could have gotten all the evidence he needed from BIJ because he does love his son. DoDo chairman feels guilty for what happened to Gun Woo and his mom but truthfully Dodo chairman loves alll his children but he feels the most guilt for is Gun Woo.  He never got the chance to see him grow up, bond with him and never got the chance to reconcile with the woman he supposedly loved. 

WHO DO YOU THINK THE CHAIRMAN LOVES MOST IN THE WORLD????? It 's Dodo Group not his children. He knows his Gwang Woo is incompetent so he chose the next best thing Gun Woo but if Kang Ki Tan was there he would hand the reins to Kang Ki Tan because Kang Ki Tan would be the better chairman to Dodo Group. Kang Ki Tan is a great leader, brilliant and soooo smooth. He moves people into doing the right thing. He doesn't want his legacy to disappear. He has gone to great lengths to build thin empire and he won't let anyone ruin his precious company. 

Kang Ki Tan may not look like a victim but I pity him the most. He has lost so much and he still hasn't been  able to move on. I don't think he can live a normal life until BIJ is rotting in prison for the rest of his life. BIJ IS A MAN WHO IS JUST EVIL TO THE CORE. He can not be left to roam the street alone because all he knows  is cause havoc everywhere he goes. He has killed , murdered and stolen to be where he is today. He will always have a target on his back because of who he is. A man who is brilliant, charismatic and loyal to his very core. 

27 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

@badsmuler

As for ST, is he a friend of OSY or KKT ? For his own reasons he too participated in the framing of KKT. He knew that the drink was spiked but he did not tell KKT. He also could have said no but he did not. He never told anyone of his participation but KKT may know after all he was the one who offered KKT the spiked drink. He refused to help OSY when she was asking for help to find the stolen blueprint. He redeemed himself by helping show the blueprint to Dong Soo to memorize but he did it only after he saw that SA on TV as wanted by authorities and on the run with KKT, If he did not see SA on the run with KKT would he have helped OSY? He is lucky that Agent SA was sent to America because she would have whopped his butt. He never told OSY of his participation in the framing of KKT nor did he come forward to vouch for KKT and say that his drink was spiked and so was drugged and asleep and impossible to have murdered Dr. Na. He kept that to himself did he not? Does KKT trust him or just finds him usable? Now he has the chance to help both OSY and KKT by preparing OSY and tell her about KKT being alive and unable to remember her because he gets headache. And if his reason to not tell OSY is because he thinks she will tell Gun about KKT being alive, who is he to judge OSY? It was actually Hae Il the secy of Gun who told OSY of the framing of KKT for the murder of Dr. Na by BIJ and his boss’ part in it. Thus OSY telling GW, I can never forgive you for that either.:unamused: Hae Il was and maybe still is close to Nan Jong who is the Dodo  intern buddy and now the secretary of OSY and Lawyer Min. Good for her!!

So what are the writers telling us? The all to human condition of choicse effected by our perceptions of the conditions facing us.

Now let the butt kicking begin already!!!! Enough with the naughty naughty eh pretty please??

@zenya22...chinggu aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... :wub::wub::wub:

I can't understand with our SW-Nim...seems she/he is enjoy teasing us...but its not funny anymore... :angry::angry:

Please focus only to OTP main story...not too obsess with new couples here and there...and the revenge plots !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see KKT with OSY...and together they destroy BIJ and Hwang's family...not to forget Dodo Chairman VS Madam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest i still can't get with ST's character...as for now, i think he's more suitable as OCR's friend...LOL

Because he's more obedient to her than to KKT or OSY...how can he tell OSY to forget KKT when he knows that KKT is still alive !!!!!!!!!!

:angry::angry::bawling::bawling::astonished::astonished::fearful::fearful:

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

he should come clean and he hasn't. His father could have gotten all the evidence he needed from BIJ because he does love his son. DoDo chairman feels guilty for what happened to Gun Woo and his mom but truthfully Dodo chairman loves alll his children but he feels the most guilt for is Gun Woo.  He never got the chance to see him grow up, bond with him and never got the chance to reconcile with the woman he supposedly loved. 

@UnniSarahI agree and I have said it before that Gun should tell all to his father but he is afraid his father will not accept him. He still believes in what BIJ told him that he is unworthy of love. His belief in his unworthiness, his own mind, himself is his greatest enemy. Unless he gets separated from BIJ so he can have a chance to reverse the conditioning of his mind and believe in his own worthiness. I am hoping the father and son will have an open conversation where they can shout, cry and say all. That will show DC that giving the company to Gun is not what he needs, but the acceptance of his father. Maybe that will give him the courage to separate from BIJ with the support of his Dad. 

As for DoDo Group, I agree that KKT is the best one to be heir. I just hope DC will not have the ambition to try and make him his son in law.... 

3 hours ago, badsmuler said:

.it's himself that creates a tragedy for his own life,

@badsmuler You have said in a few words what I was trying to say in so many words. However our minds perceptions are created by the conditions occurring in our live as they are interdependent.  

It is looking like DDG will go to KKT. What will happen to our dream of simple life for our OTP? 

@badsmuler @UnniSarah ~ perhaps I feel bad for gun because the actor is doing such a good job of putting angst into his scenes. kekeke... on paper, gun is not really a sympathetic character but he manages to infuses a good deal of complexity into his scenes. so good job no?

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Don't let his tears sway you @Lmangla because he is still out for revenge. Yes he did have a hard life but he was loved by his mother. She loved him so much and that is why he wants revenge on his father. If he really wanted his father to have the chairman seat again, he should come clean and he hasn't

am not sure if he knew or really felt the love. children coming from abusive/troubled/addiction kind of background have complicated relationship with their parents in that they may not feel loved or doubt the love. if she loved him, why do drugs? if she loved him, then why did she not protect him from such a stepfather? -- those kind of questions haunt them and there is anger that the parent didn't protect them or didn't do their bit but at the same time, the child loves the parent. so there is a kind of complicated feeling.

in comparison, KT came from a background where he didn't have that kind of baggage. he knew he was loved. there is no question in that. of course, it does not mean that just because you have a bad background, then you are doomed for tragic life or that you get a free ticket out of whatever nonsense you pull.. it just seems tragic in a sense because I don't think gun really wants power or money like BIJ. instead, he is chasing something more emotional -- just some affection -- and that just seems more tragic because isn't basic affection or company something we often take for granted?.... whether it is because of how the character is written or the actor doing such a good job or a combination of both, gun seems a far more interesting character to me as there is a question over how he will turn out which makes me want to watch the drama despite its craziness. whereas there is no curiosity over KT or SY for me because it seems guaranteed that they will do well and come out on top... well, unless the writer goes into melo territory and decides to give KT a brain tumour and he dies in SY's arms or some ending like that.... :phew:

also, it is interesting that we have yet to see what was BIJ's original background. how did he become so greedy for power? was it a natural inclination? or was it something that happened over the years? and thought it was interesting that his wife felt so embarrassed that everyone found out about their affair. as BIJ asks, didn't she choose him? he was a married man but she didn't have any issues about going after him and now she is troubled that people know?

3 hours ago, zenya22 said:
11 hours ago, badsmuler said:

UNDWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE... :grin::bawling::blush::bawling::bawling::bawling:

@badsmuler

arrrrgggggghhhhhhh, what are they doing, what is this, writers are now playing square dance music??? When is the revenge going to start???? It is episode 31 and BIJ is reading the classics,  trying to be a wanna be classic politician and on the loose spreading his bull on innocent masses and what is KKT doing .... playing musical beds with Miss yeller who found herself something to do as Miss hotelier??? UNDWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:confounded::w00t::w00t:

hahahahah..... so I saw this on facebook and started laughing because it reminded me of the preview that @badsmuler posted... maybe this student watches a lot of dramas? :lol:

13627042_10154371661954295_1208053733997

26 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@Lmangla let me help the student answer the teacher 'DRAMAS!' :D

like you said :D

33 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

hahahahah..... so I saw this on facebook and started laughing because it reminded me of the preview that @badsmuler posted... maybe this student watches a lot of dramas? :lol:

13627042_10154371661954295_1208053733997

Hahahahahaha, I wonder if she has all the figures such as square rectangle also attached to love.... LOL Thank you

@Lmanglayou made my day!!!

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

gun seems a far more interesting character to me as there is a question over how he will turn out which makes me want to watch the drama despite its craziness. whereas there is no curiosity over KT or SY for me because it seems guaranteed that they will do well and come out on top... well, unless the writer goes into melo territory and decides to give KT a brain tumour and he dies in SY's arms or some ending like that.... :phew:

@Lmanglawhere are those insightful buttons LOL

That is true for me too, as I wrote before I think the writers are doing such a good job with this character and I also agree the actor himself is doing a good job of injecting angst into his role....so, unless his daddy will wise up to get to know his son and what is going on in his life, so he can help him, I also have a feeling that his ending will be tragic.... 

Understanding the complexities of his character does not mean he is being given a free ride to paradise, as the old saying goes one reaps what one sows....

Archived