Park Ki Woong on his most difficult experience in the military

ehk38 February 6, 2016

Park Ki Woong on His Most Difficult Experience in the Military

Actor Park Ki Woong has officially completed his military service and returned to the open arms of fans.

Domestic fans and even fans from China and Japan attended the actor’s official discharge ceremony on February 7.

Park Ki Woong expressed his gratitude for his fans’ support and reflected on his time in the military.

“I enlisted on Parents’ Day and ended up getting discharged on [Lunar] New Year’s,” he notes. “Thank you for not forgetting me and coming.”

“I really wanted to act,” he continues. “That’s why I quickly selected my next project. I am preparing hard for it.”

Park Ki Woong also shared the most difficult experience he had during the past one year and seven months: shoveling snow. “I didn’t think I’d have to shovel snow because I was in the police unit, but I had a very difficult time clearing it,” he says. “Our base was in Seoul, but we were in a location 300 meters above sea level, so a lot of snow fell.”

Meanwhile, Park Ki Woong has confirmed that MBC drama “Monster” will be his first project post-discharge. The drama is slated to air this coming March following the conclusion of “Glamorous Temptation.”

Source (1)

credit: http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/06/park-ki-woong-on-his-most-difficult-experience-in-the-military/

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jongski said:

Welcome back! Park Ki Wong. Aww, look at that smile! nice! Of course who hasn't watch Gaksital and not be moved by his terrific acting there.  Thanks @pechumori for the updates <3

You're welcome @jongski  :D

I did a collage of the four main leads for the cover photo of the FB page. (sorry, i have no time to do anything fancy)

12662584_502670726572561_382131268934531

10 hours ago, pechumori said:

@ecs707a, i kept thinking about that too when i saw his photos today. how will they fix his hair? maybe put some gel on it, make it stand up? his character will be coming from the States. would they dye his hair (like they did in secretly greatly)? i'm really curious about his look. 

He's been blond two times for two different characters, and yeah, the orange.  :) 

YjfGoxv.jpg
gAIAkVt.jpg
WQqq7Fnl.jpg

You know, it's already short!  It's not like they have to overcome the psychological hurdle of cutting off a lot of hair that's the perfect length already.  They could play around with it.  Dye it, then cut it all off again and start over.  Dyed he has done, but short and dyed would be something different. :)

My guess is "out of control" is not so much reflected in the hair, though.  But I'm curious what they'll do with it, and what is has to do with his character.  Of course, they could just ignore the fact that his hair is short too. 

14 hours ago, ecs707a said:

He's been blond two times for two different characters, and yeah, the orange.

So that was orange.  :D
It's been two years since I've seen the film, I remembered it as blond.

Kang Ji-hwan, Sung Yu-ri to star in drama

Feb. 5, 2016

05083656.jpg

Actor Kang Ji-hwan and actress Sung Yu-ri will reunite in the upcoming drama series entitled “Monster.”

MBC said Thursday that the two have confirmed their appearance on the drama series, which depicts a man who seeks revenge after losing his family.

It will be the third project that the two will work on together.

They first met through the 2008 hit drama series “Hong Gil-dong” and then in the film “Runaway Cop” (2012).

Kang is returning to the small screen after his last drama series “Big Man” (2014).

The 39-year-old actor debuted in 2002 with the musical “Rocky Horror Picture Show,” but he has been building his career in film and drama series, playing tough, macho roles over the past several years.

The actress Sung began her career as a singer in 1998. She was a member of the now-defunct girl group Fin.K.L. and a dream girl for almost every man who grew up in the late 1990s.

But the group stopped making albums after the release of their fourth regular album in 2002, and the four members began to pursue separate careers.

Sung made a foray into acting, but she often found herself surrounded by controversy because of her acting. She has told many news outlets that she was not ready to make the transition from singing to acting.

Along with the news of Kang and Sung’s casting, the drama team for “Monster” also said Taiwanese actor Chen Bolin will play a cameo role in the series.

It is the first time for the popular Taiwanese actor to land a role in a Korean drama series.

MBC said Chen will appear on the drama series just for a single episode, but his role will be important for the entire story. He will play the head of a Chinese conglomerate who is fluent in Chinese, English and Korean.

BY SUNG SO-YOUNG
credit: http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3014808

Gi-kwang and Lee Yeol-eum show off fabulous chemistry in the first take of 'Monster - 2016'

photo685413.jpg

MBC has released some of the behind-the-scenes images from the first take, while they announced that the new Monday & Tuesday special drama, "Monster - 2016" began filming.

The revealed images show the first encounter between Gi-kwang, who plays a second generation plutocra, and Lee Yeol-eum, a delivery person working for a fried chicken restaurant.

The first take was filmed at a place in Paju, Gyeonggi Province.

Gi-kwang did not reserve any efforts when he had to fall down onto the cold concrete slabs many time to act his role with vision disability.

Lee Yeol-eum also was fully prepared to bring her character to life. She had practiced riding a scooter for her role as Cha Jeong-eun, who works as a fried chicken delivery crew, before she showed up at the filming set.

The fresh combination of the pair is anticipated to captivate the hearts of drama fans.

"Monster - 2016" is a romance drama depicting beautiful love that blossoms in the midst of the murky circumstances surrounded by disgusting bare faces of the privileged class and a revenge by man, who was forced to lose everyghing including his family and his future. The new drama is slated to begin in the end of March after "Glamorous Temptation" has finished.

http://www.hancinema.net/gi-kwang-and-lee-yeol-eum-show-off-fabulous-chemistry-in-the-first-take-of-monster--2016--91314.html

B2ST's Kikwang thanks fans for sending love to the set of 'Monster'!

February 11, 2016

Kikwang_1455174013_af_org.jpg

Fans have been showering B2ST's Kikwang with love and support on the set of the drama 'Monster'! 

The idol took to his Instagram to upload photos and thanks for each of the fan gifts, including coffee, meals, and encouraging banners!

Kpop fans sure know how to treat their idols!

Credit : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/b2sts-kikwang-thanks-fans-for-sending-love-to-the-set-of-monster

Gi-kwang and Lee Yeol-eum in upcoming MBC drama "Monster - 2016"
2016/02/12

photo686523.jpg

Pictures of Gi-kwang and Lee Yeol-eum in "Monster - 2016" were revealed on the 11th.

The two seemed nervous at the rehearsal but when cameras started rolling they took control of the situation.

Gi-kwang had to fall down several times as he's blind in the drama. The staff encouraged him as he had to roll on cold cement ground.

Lee Yeol-eum practiced riding around on a scooter on her own and seemed to have mastered her character in the drama.

Despite the fact that it was only the first take, Gi-kwang and Lee Yeol-eum's performance created hype for the drama.

"Monster - 2016" is the story of a man who loses his life to a great scheme by a powerful organization and sets out for revenge.

source: http://news.joins.com/article/olink/19105310

credit: http://www.hancinema.net/gi-kwang-and-lee-yeol-eum-in-upcoming-mbc-drama-monster--2016-91319.html

B2ST's Kikwang begins young romance in still cuts for drama 'Monster'!
February 11, 2016

Kikwang_1455172883_20160211_kikwang2.jpg

MBC has released still-cuts from the set of upcoming drama 'Monster'! B2ST's Kikwang will be acting as the younger version of lead actor Kang Ji Hwan alongside actress Lee Yeol Eum, the younger version of lead actress Sung Yuri.

Staff members on set reported, "Despite it being the first filming, Kikwang and Lee Yeol Eum showcased excellent acting skills, making us believe we can hope for a well-made production. Their young, back-and-forth bickering relationship will start the drama off on an energetic note, so please look forward to it."

MBC's new drama 'Monster' is set to air at the end of March! Will you be tuning in?

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/b2sts-kikwang-begins-young-romance-in-still-cuts-for-drama-monster

Ah, another addition to the cast?  Soo Hyun/Claudia Kim/formerly Kim Soo Hyun (source)?  First kdrama since 2013 if she accepts (is it official?).  She's already added to the daum cast list, in any case.  Interesting.

I've only ever seen her in Level 7, and let's just say that I'd rather forget that I saw that drama, so I'll just consider it a fresh slate.  Wow, this drama is going to have a large and interesting cast.

@ecs707a, I saw a link that said it was official

Avengers actress Claudia Kim cast for drama ‘Monster’
Feb. 15, 2016

Actress Claudia Kim who appeared in “The Avengers: Age of Ultron” is to star in a new MBC drama “Monster.”

Kim portrays a secret agent from the National Intelligence Service who goes undercover as a regular office worker.

She frequently has conflicts with Kang Ki-tan, played by actor Kang Ji-hwan, but eventually falls in love with him.

Since rising to fame with “The Avengers,” Kim has continued to pursue her acting career abroad and has appeared on the U.S. soap opera “Marco Polo” and the sci-fi film “Equals.”

Actress Sung Yoo-ri and actor Park Ki-woong also play lead roles in the drama.

It tells the story of a man who seeks revenge on those who conspired to destroy his life and made him lose his family.

The drama will air in April.

credit: http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201602151601407018162_2

wait, so three gals will fall for the hero?  :D

(Kim) Soo-hyun joins melodrama Monster as spy second lead
by javabeans | February 15, 2016

soohyun_55.jpg

After circling on the casting-go-round for a while, MBC’s upcoming revenge melodrama Monster is finally winding down, its main casting complete. Kang Ji-hwan was cast last month as the hero out to seek his revenge against the greedy rich elites who trampled his family, followed by Park Ki-woong as a dissipated chaebol villain, Jo Boa as a chaebol daughter, and Sung Yuri as the heroine whose love is like “a flower in a mud pit” to the hero.

Kim Soo-hyun (or simply Soo-hyun, as she’s dropped her surname to avoid confusion with the Hallyu super-duper-star) is the newest addition to Monster, returning to dramaland after her Hollywood turn in Avengers 2. She’ll play a spy who gains employment at Dodo Group (run by our central chaebol family) under false pretenses and is carrying out a secret assignment for the national intelligence service. She did previously play a spy for the drama Level 7 Civil Servant, but maybe this one will be better written. Really, it couldn’t be much worse written.

Her character clashes with Kang Ji-hwan repeatedly when he persists in asking questions related to her secret mission, and the bickering turns into love—at least, on her side. I expect he’ll only have eyes for Sung Yuri, but how can we have an angsty melo without a love triangle or three?

Monster spans twenty years and fifty episodes, beginning in the ’90s in the post-IMF era with Lee Ki-kwang and Lee Yeol-eum portraying the lead couple’s younger selves. It will be a Monday-Tuesday drama premiering in March; it follows Dazzling Temptation.

Via iMBC
credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/kim-soo-hyun-joins-melodrama-monster-as-spy-second-lead/

I just had no idea there were going to be spies in this drama.  Haha.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  I've had really mixed spy drama experiences, but I'm curious how this all fits together.

I guess there's room for a lot of things in 50 episodes spanning a long period of time.  :)

Also, all of these articles keep saying it premieres in March, but I still feel like they're stretching the truth just a bit, no?  Isn't it still the beginning of April for the premiere?  Glamorous Temptation ends in late March, so I kept assuming that the first episode of Monster would be the week later (first week of April), but it turns out that Glamorous Temptation is actually scheduled to end on that Monday, so Monster would actually be starting on a Tuesday (the 29th).  I wonder if they'll extend the previous show by one episode to even it out.

Clearly I am overly excited for this drama if I'm sitting here trying to figure this out a month and a half in advance :D

ahhhh....so, now it's complete for all the lead. I didn't notice Soo Hyun also on that 7 Grade drama & I didn't finish it.

Watching that drama coz it just the drama version of  KJH"s movie. But I notice her in Avenger 2.

and as spy...wahhh, I hope I would not give more interest into her character than SYR's character.

It happened before on Big Man n made me couldn't finish that drama.  Hope it won't happen again.

@ecs707a   maybe they will extend GT 1 eps or maybe 3 eps of short special drama, hehehe...

oh yeah, btw I didn;t realize before that PKW just finished his military enlistment. Welcome Back & it's good for him to right away have a new project.

About his hair,  still has time for his hair to grow, hehehe...maybe for the lead, the 1st shooting will be at beginning of March?

I'm looking forward for their Script Reading news.

27 minutes ago, roweina78 said:

oh yeah, btw I didn;t realize before that PKW just finished his military enlistment. Welcome Back & it's good for him to right away have a new project.

About his hair,  still has time for his hair to grow, hehehe...maybe for the lead, the 1st shooting will be at beginning of March?

I'm looking forward for their Script Reading news.

Hi @roweina78!  I remember having some Ojakgyo Brothers discussions with you, haha. 

Yeah, PKW just got out on February 7th.  I'm glad he's back, and even more glad he's doing a drama after so long (so very, very long...).  And yes to script reading photos!  That probably will be the first we see of the main cast together.

I do wonder how extensive the child/teen portion will be.  I don't remember if there's been anything specific about that.  It could be either all/mostly at the beginning, or sort of interspersed throughout, more like flashbacks.  I would guess there will be some episodes that are mostly or completely focused on the young versions of the characters since they're apparently working on getting those parts filmed first.  Or that's all they're telling us at the moment, anyway. :) 

Here's more about the spying thingy, @ecs707a.

@roweina78, i like the love team of KJH and Jung So Min too in Big Man than with the lead actress.

'Avengers 2's Soo Hyun reported to be joining 'Monster'
February 15, 2016
by alim17

soo-hyun-claudia-kim_1455558648_af_org.j

Actress Soo Hyun (Claudia Kim) of 'Avengers 2' fame is set for her return to the Korean small screen through MBC 'Monster'!

Reports came out on February 15 that she will be Yoo Sung Ae, who carries out a secret business after joining the Dodo Group under the pretense of an employee in order to find a future business strategy.  Her character most detests hearing that she cannot do something because she's a woman and she eventually falls in love with Kang Ji Hwan's character, Kang Ki Tan, even though they often bicker.

Soo Hyun often showed a very elegant and bold charm, but this time, she will be an easygoing yet lovable character!

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/avengers-2s-soo-hyun-reported-to-be-joining-monster

3 hours ago, pechumori said:

Here's more about the spying thingy, @ecs707a.

@roweina78, i like the love team of KJH and Jung So Min too in Big Man than with the lead actress.

'Avengers 2's Soo Hyun reported to be joining 'Monster'
February 15, 2016
by alim17

Actress Soo Hyun (Claudia Kim) of 'Avengers 2' fame is set for her return to the Korean small screen through MBC 'Monster'!

Reports came out on February 15 that she will be Yoo Sung Ae, who carries out a secret business after joining the Dodo Group under the pretense of an employee in order to find a future business strategy.  Her character most detests hearing that she cannot do something because she's a woman and she eventually falls in love with Kang Ji Hwan's character, Kang Ki Tan, even though they often bicker.

Soo Hyun often showed a very elegant and bold charm, but this time, she will be an easygoing yet lovable character!

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/avengers-2s-soo-hyun-reported-to-be-joining-monster

Oh thank goodness.  Industrial spying makes a whole lot more sense than what I was thinking, lol.  So there's got to be a fairly large business component, which I guess we kind of already knew.

Archived