[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016-2017] Demon Girl 半妖倾城

sugarplum892

photo Demon 19.jpg

Details:

Chinese title: 半妖倾城 / Bàn yāo qīngchéng
English title: Demon Girl

Genre: Fantasy, Romance

Episodes: 20

Director: Liu Zhen Ming (Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传)

Producer & Scriptwriter: Yu Zheng

Broadcast Period: June 30, 2016, December 30, 2016

Cast:

Li Yi Tong

Zhang Zhe Han

Merxat

He Rui Xian

Dai Xiang Yu

Ady An (guest star)

Viann Zhang (guest star)

Synopsis:

During the late Qing Dynasty, Empress Dowager Cixi presents a painting of a girl with wings to Consort Jin (Viann Zhang), hoping that finding the girl in the painting could change the impending fate of the Qing Dynasty. Hence, Ady An enters the picture and she’s a butterfly demon. She falls in love with Cixi’s bodyguard (Wang Mao Lei) and gives birth to two daughters. When attacks threaten the forbidden city, Ady’s forced to show her demon form to protect her family, rendering herself into a glass doll as a result. The whole event is witnessed by Professor Jiang (?). Fifteen years later, her daughters (Li Yi Tong and Angel Cheng Zi Ning) are all grown up, unaware of their half-human, half demon background (amnesia aka emotional trauma blocking past memories.) They befriend Professor Jiang’s daughter (He Rui Xian) and a suave wealthy man (Zhang Zhe Han), beginning the tumultuous love story between human and demon.

avirtualvoyage

Watch it here with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

We Are One

Additional Links:

Demon Girl 半妖倾城 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Demon Girl 半妖倾城 Raw Episodes

Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传 Official Drama Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

b6d34cf6c54833b6708a30eb6520802a.png

During the late Qing Dynasty, Empress Dowager Cixi presents a painting of a girl with wings to Consort Jin (Viann Zhang), hoping that finding the girl in the painting could change the impending fate of the Qing Dynasty. Hence, Ady An enters the picture and she’s a butterfly demon. She falls in love with Cixi’s bodyguard (Wang Mao Lei) and gives birth to two daughters. When attacks threaten the forbidden city, Ady’s forced to show her demon form to protect her family, rendering herself into a glass doll as a result. The whole event is witnessed by Professor Jiang (?). Fifteen years later, her daughters (Li Yi Tong and Angel Cheng Zi Ning) are all grown up, unaware of their half-human, half demon background (amnesia aka emotional trauma blocking past memories.) They befriend Professor Jiang’s daughter (He Rui Xian) and a suave wealthy man (Zhang Zhe Han), beginning the tumultuous love story between human and demon.

source: 
http://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2016/02/yu-zhengs-demon-girl-adds-new-face-johnny-huang-jing-yu.html

b9263dd5ec363c240fbb5365bb92b658.png

Li Yitong as Nie Qingcheng: Tough and frank, she expresses her feelings freely. She didn’t know her demon nature until the events fifteen years ago. Seeing how her nature hurts her loved ones, she will fight to change her destiny.

254.jpg?w=646

Zhang Zhehan as Ming Xia: Son of a wealthy family, he has a very warm and nice guy personaility. He falls in love with Nie Qingcheng without realizing she is a demon, but still loves her until the end.

169.jpg?w=646

Mi Re as You Tong: Another demon, he has a cold personality. It is only after he met Qingcheng that he warms up a bit. He wants to be her protector.

6320b814gw1f10y81zds9j215o1qidoh.jpg?w=6

He Ruixian as Jiang Xuewu: She has everything and is very spoiled. She loves the male lead. It is revealed her father is also a demon. She thinks Qingsheng won the male lead ‘s heart just because she is a demon, so she is mad and want revenge…

6320b814gw1f10y81ywmlj215o1qidq9.jpg?w=6

Xu Haiqiao as Wang Shaotang: Talented in drawing, but was forced to become a lawyer by his parents. He is in love with Jiang Xuewu, but she rejected him saying he is too weak-minded.

6320b814gw1f10y81wkv3j215o1qitg3.jpg?w=6

source: http://cdramadevotee.com/2016/02/16/drama-demon-girl-with-zhang-zhehan-and-li-yitong/

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2016 at 9:14 PM, sugarplum892 said:

Hello, welcome to soompi forums!  There is no air date as of yet, will update the thread when there is one.

Thx, this is my first time get involved into thread since I enjoyed myself as a silent lurker LoL

You posted lot of cast' pictures in this thread, are they just guest stars?? Some of them are quite recognized chinese actors and actrees :D

sorry for my bad english :tears:

23 hours ago, alchemist07 said:

Thx, this is my first time get involved into thread since I enjoyed myself as a silent lurker LoL

You posted lot of cast' pictures in this thread, are they just guest stars?? Some of them are quite recognized chinese actors and actrees :D

sorry for my bad english :tears:

No need to apologize :) but yes like ady an and viann zhang are guest stars .

• 4 weeks later...

Alrighty, pic snaps for HJY fans:

Spoiler

5a9d63c7378a7186c9c1009813c6d34e.jpg

cc4e2661e3c5878a3ab1ff3e03fe02b4.jpg

2731f896eda5e71ab25b328731511356.jpg

8cbb1ba400d732cdbfcc17af4018c87a.jpg

201634172542824.jpg

353745191528201012.jpg

1a9b0cc375ce701_w440_h289.jpg

LOL an....odd? pic of JY

Spoiler

oYYBAFbX_8mAQQYMAABn5yYjvmA576.jpg

If any of these aren't for this series, please let me know xD I got them all from pages with the Chinese title of Demon Girl....but since I can't read Chinese, I'm not sure if they're correct~~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived