[Mainland Variety Show 2016] We Are In Love Season 2 我们相爱吧2

sugarplum892

20 hours ago, ieja rashid said:

Hi @burgl good to see you here too. I love UniverseCouple too. Ottoke!! :P

hello @ieja rashid!  i'm glad we're watching this together, chingu :)  i'm enjoying season 2, but it is bittersweet because it makes me miss WonWen even more.  oh well, i want to still send blessings to all the couples out there and thank them for entertaining me every week.  i can see why they are popular, many with their good looks and extra charming personalities!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still haven't watched it but then I always feel better watching it with the subs since I don't understand Chinese.  

Welcome @burgl!  Yes, I think many of us enjoy watching the Universe Couple because (1) they are awkwardly cute like you say, (2) their bumps lead to growth in the relationship, (3) they seem sincere in their interactions with each other.  I don't know if I ship them or want them to be a couple in real life but I enjoy watching them.  My enjoyment though lessened a little bit when DY continues to act jealous for no reason.  I really like her sassy nature though.  

On 4/26/2016 at 3:14 AM, darkangel101.1 said:

omg ep 6 was so cute! dongyu really upped her game in her romantic gestures lol it was so funny when they were talking about underwear. really looking forward to the next ep when she tries to cook shawn breakfast ...

Sorry to cut your post but WHAT?  Do tell.  Thanks for the little update.  Now I am really curious and hopefully work will die down a bit for me to watch it tomorrow or the weekend.

Look at that intense gaze from Shawn.  Rawr.

I did catch this part.  I pass on just in case anyone else wanted to see the subs.  Thanks for the subs @jusrub

Hello @miri13!  Thank you for the warm welcome and your POV, which I agree with completely.  When I first saw Dong Yu's shyness with the age and experience differences between herself and Shawn, I thought oh-oh, this might be the awkward older brother-younger sister relationship that might be doomed from the beginning.  I thought she would be intimidated throughout and then I saw Dong Yu's sassiness and courage which took Shawn by surprise and that began the opening of the doors for two of them.  It's entertaining to watch them blurt whatever comes to their mind and I'm liking being surprised every time.  20 minutes per couple is too short to wait for 7 long days :P

P.S. I clicked from your post, your INSTAGRAM is awesome!!

@miri13 lol i didn't know how to write it in a way that doesn't spoil the ep but basically...

Spoiler

they were arguing about shawn's necklace and at one point shawn was like when i wear shoes, would you get mad? she said no. then he's like then when i wear undies would you get mad? then she's like yes! from now on don't wear undies! they all had a good laugh then he's like alright, starting from tomorrow i'll stop wearing undies. XD

005Up3gJjw1f3ceebohugj30w5106afw.jpg005Up3gJjw1f3ceekcj1yj30w5106gro.jpg005Up3gJjw1f3ceewl2qij30w5106qau.jpg

That is too funny! Thanks for the translation @darkangel101.1:w00t:

Seriously how do you go from necklace to sock to undies? LOL.

Isn't the house to big for DY? 

I wish the subs would come out... But I have no time to watch.

@ieja rashidhttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/x481mdf_we-are-in-love-shawn-yue-and-dongyu-zhou-ep-6-eng-sub_fun

Sorry, got sick and been busy. Also I feel like I'm not as into universe couple anymore. The whole necklace thing is so drawn out, and it doesn't really seem like Shawn is that into Dongyu. Lemme know what you guys think after watching~

@jhuang92  thank you chinggu. So sorry to hear that you fall a sick. Hope you have well rest. Really? Shawn doesn't really into Dongyu. Why so??? :( i will watch later and give you feedback. 

Since you not into Universe cp anymore, so you are not going to sub their section anymore? Huhu!!! How sad!!

@jhuang92 Yes, sorry to hear you weren't feeling well.  Hope you're much better now.  Thank you for subbing even in your sick state :(  Do you get the impression that Shawn isn't into Dong Yu?  I don't think there's that intense initial physical attraction, but I think he might find her refreshingly cute, direct and innocently charming.  His eyes smile when he laughs and I think she makes him feel like young love again (or he's really good acting!)  That's my take as I don't know much about him.  This couple is refreshing to me and I never know what to anticipate with them, therefore will continue to draw me in.  

I also hope you continue to sub, but understand completely how tiresome it is to do, especially if you're not drawn to the couple any longer.  Thanks again for the hard work and I hope to continue to see you in the forum :)

I think when they do variety show, it's like 40% script and 60% of themselves, and i think first eps Shawn feels Dongyu just like his sister, but in several eps later and recentle i think his point of view had change about Dongyu, i think he started like her ( a little ) it showed through his expression and action, in recently eps he glanced her so many time, and always find the chance to look at her or look in her eyes, and i find cute everytime he tease her ( so many time ) and In my view, he is slowlyyyyy into Dongyu just now ( and ofcourse more in the future) Watch ep 7 and you will see it. 

And @jhuang92 so sorry to heard you sick, hope you will be better soon, and thank you for your hard work about Universe Couple eventhough maybe you wont sub them anymore :( But it's all about you, so okay dear. Thank you so much. 

@jhuang92 Hiii! Thanks so much for subbing the Universe couple. I think the whole necklace thing is just a product of Dongyu's insecurities being a young girl not totally confident in herself. Also, she might have had a bad experience in a previous dating relationship and she has that in her mind whenever she begins new relationships. I can relate to both circumstances because I'm insecure with myself and whenever I really like a guy especially one who is good looking or someone I consider 'out of my league' I'll get irrationally jealous about the dumbest things. I'm working on being less like that lol. And everyone's been hurt by someone in the past and unfortunately we tend to bring that emotional baggage with us in our next relationship to protect ourselves from being hurt again. 

Even though they are moving at a slower pace, I do believe they have opened up a lot to each other and I think Shawn does like Dongyu. In my view his walls have been up because he was in the process of getting over his ego/pride being hurt from her initial rejection. And he was wary of being rejected again. Now that she's putting in the effort in showing him that she does care about him he's started to put his guard down. I'm 100% confident that they will only get closer and closer as a couple the more time they spend together/share memories. I sincerely hope you continue to sub this couple until their last episode because I really want to see their progression and how they've impacted each others lives by being on this program together. So pleeeease continue to sub them!! Hope you feel better soon. xoxo :)

4 hours ago, amour08 said:

Universe Couple Episode 7 RAW 

Link: http://m.v.qq.com/cover/c/c1wm1mb548m65hn.html?vid=u0020ac92j8

Guys!! This episode was super cute and wait till you see the last two minutes. Hint: someone sings and the other person has hearts in their eyes looking at them.

Care to recap for those of us who don't understand Chinese? 

I saw it and it looked super cute!  Especially at the very end.

@jhuang92 I am sorry you were sick. I hope you feel better. Thanks for subbing, though I haven't seen it yet. I feel like you but this episode, without hearing any thing, made me see possibly a change in Shawn. Watch the last few minutes and see how he looks at her. I think his gaze changed. Now I am super curious as to what he said at the end bri.

@ieja rashid@burgl@trangribang6@amour08@miri13Thanks everyone~~ Soompi really has the nicest users. These last 2 eps I just didn't really feel much of a spark, get the impression that Shawn isn't drawn to her, and that they don't match each other in terms of where they are in their lives. I mean, at the beginning of the show Shawn said he was looking for someone to settle down with and start a family. Dongyu's young and she seems to be doing well career wise. Some of the parts seemed awkward, and Shawn just seems like he's tired and dragging himself to do things that Dongyu asks him to do. 

I watched this week's ep though, and it was a lot more interesting! So I'll continue subbing. One of the things I really like about them is how playful/bickering they can be. I don't always get a couple feel from them, but sometimes more of a close friend or older brother-younger sister relationship. And the preview for next ep looks interesting too because seems like Shawn brings up some concerns that call into question the plausibility of a long term relationship. 

So I finally caught up on the last few eps of the other 2 couples, and I really like how they've progressed! Bolin and Jihyo opened up more and had more heart to heart talks. And Li Qin and Da Xun are so cute. I feel like Da Xun is still such a kid at heart, he's so silly and playful. Even though Li Qin said she likes manly men, a boyfriend who could take care of her, and was initially let down by Da Xun, I think she's starting to like how his silliness makes her laugh and that his earnestness moves her. 

Archived