[Mainland Variety Show 2016] We Are In Love Season 2 我们相爱吧2

sugarplum892

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are they called the fresh couple? 

I read that on weibo the universe couple and fresh couple are gaining positive marks and the two ladies are trending, more than JH. I wonder if they said something interesting since their segments were not very action oriented.

The hugs actually represent well how I think of these couples. The fresh couple look awkward; their faces are smiling but their hands say they don't feel comfortable to caress and instead clench their own hands/arm. I actually would not say that is a back hug but a pose. The universe couple looks like Shawn is trying while DY is slightly leaning away from him. They need something else to focus on to help further their relationship. The grinning/giggling OJ couple are shy but already comfortable with each other. She hold onto him but to shy to make full contact. He is shy so land forward while grinning very widely.

Ya..this week kinda boring a bit for universe cp. but their heart to heart talk really something, and i do agree with Shawn that their progress extremely slow like snails compare to other two cp. but for me, as long as they comfortable with each other, it will work. I'm not surprise if this cp move to the next level in their relationship.

Yep, ep 4 up now! I wasn't able to finish last night, so had to finish today between class and work, I didn't end up having time to post it in here.

@miri13I think Fresh couple is also a word play on their names, same as the other 2 couples. The 2 characters for “fresh" sound similar to one character from DaXun, and one from Li Qin. I didn't hear that about weibo trending, hard to pinpoint exact reasons, but I think I'm also starting to like fresh couple more than oj couple. For me it's because I find their interactions more playful, and their conversations are more interesting. The language problem for OJ makes their conversation stay more surface level, and also it's less natural and smooth.

@ieja rashidI'm excited for next ep of universe cp! Preview looks exciting~

1 hour ago, joongbo_lover said:

Hai..tq for the ep 4 universe couple.Can someone help me as i can't download soft sub dailymotion for that ep using downsub.com..

Hi, i'm facing the same problem before.unfortunately, for soft sub, you have to download the vid and the sub as well. Then, you may use vlc player and add subtitles.

now, i can play in my ipad using vlc player.

19 hours ago, miri13 said:

Why are they called the fresh couple? 

I read that on weibo the universe couple and fresh couple are gaining positive marks and the two ladies are trending, more than JH. I wonder if they said something interesting since their segments were not very action oriented.

The hugs actually represent well how I think of these couples. The fresh couple look awkward; their faces are smiling but their hands say they don't feel comfortable to caress and instead clench their own hands/arm. I actually would not say that is a back hug but a pose. The universe couple looks like Shawn is trying while DY is slightly leaning away from him. They need something else to focus on to help further their relationship. The grinning/giggling OJ couple are shy but already comfortable with each other. She hold onto him but to shy to make full contact. He is shy so land forward while grinning very widely.

I like and agree with your analysis of the hugs :D 

Finally a break so I can watch the sub and comment.  Thanks again @jhuang92  You are super fast!

First, I think Shawn is a pretty perceptive guy who can read DY/people.  He knew she had trust issues and wanted to work on it.  But clearly, he also has communication issues because his directions are not very clear at all as he was guiding her to the elevator.  

Second, DY does really have trust issues and is always watching out.  She peeked through the elevator.  She stopped midway.  She wanted a bigger bowl so it can capture wealth (I didn't really get that part.)  She was cute though:

cutedy_zpsjkifhnxz.png

Third, Shawn is a sensitive, compassionate guy.  It is not every guy who would think to help a friend and promote blind charity or do pottery.

Fourth, I think it was really interesting that both Shawn and DY realized they approach things differently:  (1) Shawn more carefully and he likes things by the rules, and all neat.  He does what he think he can manage.  (2) DongYue has no problem trying to go for broke and doesn't like rules (and probably limits).  I found it hilarious when she said I love the cup but you (shawn) probably want to throw up.  I loved their cup because it had a little bit of both of them.  I wish I knew how to do a gif but I can't so here is just a pic.

neat_zpsgmnckvrh.png

dyexcited_zpsle1qgbhd.png

throwup_zpsyqwytaee.png

throwup_zpsyqwytaee.png

Spoiler

Fifth, she really does like to tease.  I wonder though if she will support and encourage him at some point or if she is the type of a person who is so self conscious that it is hard to root for her love one.

Sixth, I thought it was interesting that she said flipping the hand order with her hand on the outside means there is more love.  I never thought that the person who holds the hand is showing more love than the person whose hand is being held.  I guess it can be seen that way.  But I don' think DongYue "loving" Shawn more.  I guess she thinks of it as showing more that she is willing to go forward...???  Unfortunately for her, Shawn took it completely the other way as her not wanting to be controlled, which says something about him.  Is it control or protection?  I think quite revealing of how each of them think about the opposite sex and how they show care.

I do think she was super cute when she flirted and said:

flirt_zpsbnqqaxjt.png

But the parts that were more interesting (again I wish I knew how to make a gif but I don't)

feelclaywihands_zpstzsg4ttu.png

flipped%20hands_zpsdrjv7zih.png

togetherpottery_zpscxmsqrbq.png

progress from last week's favorite scene:

Capture1_zpstpqxhfe9.png

[/spoiler]

Seventh, I almost teared up during their conversations about their families and background.  It is not easy to share in the beginning things so personal. I think it took a lot of both of them to share.  They really are making progress.  Afterwards, he said he felt their relationship had changed.  I wish he said changed in what way.  I feel like not in a romantic way, but just closer.

Eighth, I did not understand why she blew up about the necklace and they got into a funk.  What happened?  

Ninth, why did he think she wanted to go to Disneyland?  It really shocked me.  Maybe I should take back my first point, he is not perceptive.  Why did they had to swear about Disney and then talk about who they go with makes the difference?  I feel like the editing was bad.

I am really looking forward to next week.  The Universe Couple is most interesting to me at this point because I feel like I am getting to know them as people and watching them unfold.  OJ couple is still the cutest and most fun to watch as guilty pleasure.  The fresh couple, I don't get since no one subs.

What did you guys think of the latest episode?

On April 10, 2016 at 8:56 AM, a15t3 said:

@miri13, I watched last season only for Siwon and Liu Wen. Shawn and DY is so much alike with Siwon Liu Wen.  I have the impression that Siwon aggressively approached Liu Wen, probably due to the program itself which turned to be short, while Liu Wen who was exactly like DY, was very shy and reserved.  She couldn't take Siwon's approach.  But I have to admit, they were cute, especially when they had to appear together in pictorial shoot, again, just like OJ couple.  And I also particularly love the theme song of WL from the first season.  I don't really like the type of Lulu, so I think this one I'll pass :)

@ieja rashid Based on you two, I watched some of the Siwon and Wen episodes. I do think she seemed sort of like DY in the beginning. But as we have gotten to see more of DY, she is different from Wen. My ultimate issue is Siwon. I just can't watch him in variety because I hate the veneer he puts on.  He is supposed to be a genuinely nice and funny guy but here and other SuJu stuff, he just seems like the masculine boyfriend Koreans think of, the type that I really don't like. So I could not finish it. I skipped  to the end and thought Siwon did a nice job, reassuring wen. I wish other couples did that instead of bizarre endings. I still don't get Baymax at the end of Kimi and Lu segment; it made me seriously wonder how scripted this whole thing is. The same for the rail car but for Ren and Ruby, even if I couldn't understand a jot of it.

I feel like this season the couples are more genuine in a way. The things they do may be planned with the staff but overall not too extravagant, well except for Bolin lighting all the flowers at dong dae moon.

@miri13 ya.. I do agree with you as im not big fan of siwon or suju. And yes siwon still maintain his "idol status". 

The only reason i watched it because i read article saying that "siwon will be pairing with victoria secret model". The word that captured/trigger my mind is "victoria secret model" as i do not know there's  Asian model who walk for VS because all this while I thought the VS model all white. then i start googling Liu Wen.

As for universe cp, i feel that they are very genuine and may be "realistic couple" so far. Because for me, as typical asian, i dont think we can easily holding hand/ skinship after first time meet each other . This is purely my own opinion.

@miri13That IG pic should be his mom, caption says "your health is my most priceless fortune, I'll take care of you well."

4 hours ago, miri13 said:

Finally a break so I can watch the sub and comment.  Thanks again @jhuang92  You are super fast!

First, I think Shawn is a pretty perceptive guy who can read DY/people.  He knew she had trust issues and wanted to work on it.   

Second, DY does really have trust issues and is always watching out.  She peeked through the elevator.  She stopped midway. 

Sixth, I thought it was interesting that she said flipping the hand order with her hand on the outside means there is more love.  I never thought that the person who holds the hand is showing more love than the person whose hand is being held.  I guess it can be seen that way.  But I don' think DongYue "loving" Shawn more.  I guess she thinks of it as showing more that she is willing to go forward...???  Unfortunately for her, Shawn took it completely the other way as her not wanting to be controlled, which says something about him.  Is it control or protection?  I think quite revealing of how each of them think about the opposite sex and how they show care.

Eighth, I did not understand why she blew up about the necklace and they got into a funk.  What happened?  

Ninth, why did he think she wanted to go to Disneyland?  It really shocked me.  Maybe I should take back my first point, he is not perceptive.  Why did they had to swear about Disney and then talk about who they go with makes the difference?  I feel like the editing was bad.

Loved reading your thoughts on the episode! I felt from episode 2 you could already tell Shawn was a very perceptive person, he was trying to take more of the initiative because he knew Dongyu isn't the type to do so. The necklace thing I think she's blowing out of proportion, she somehow got it into her head that it's a gift from his ex, no idea how. He's already said twice that it's not, so it just goes to show she has trust issues because she doesn't believe him. 

The flipping hands part, I partly agree with Shawn that it might be a bit of a control thing, in terms of she wants to be able to be independent and that the guy shouldn't automatically assume a role of "protecting" the girl. I think if it were just about a way of showing love, she wouldn't have said that she finds the traditional views annoying. When he made the comment about control, it made me think of earlier in the ep when he was giving her directions to the elevator and she started turning in circles, the editing team put up the caption "completely uncontrollable". Also she didn't take him for his word when they were making pottery and insisted on trying to make the fish bowl.

I can see how he'd think she'd be the type who likes going to Disneyland since she's young and cute. Lots of girls dream about going on dates at an amusement park. So it wasn't a terrible guess since they still don't know each other too well. Editing really wasn't great this ep, some parts you had to try and piece together on your own. There was another part during the pottery segment, it jumped from the argument about the aprons (which was also kinda weird in itself) to his thoughts on what she wanted to make, and only after that did they show her saying her ideas on what she wanted to make.

During their talk at the cafe, Dongyu gave me a little bit of a weird impression. From the almost argument about who was poorer growing up, to the outburst of jealousy, and then how she started her story by telling Shawn not to cry (although somewhat jokingly). She emphasized a lot on how poor her conditions were, and it seemed like she has too much self-pity, or she wanted the audience to feel bad for her, or maybe it's that she's proud of how far she's come compared to where she started and just isn't able to express her pride well.

Li Qin-Da Xun: I really liked the dynamic switch of having her try to make him happy because it helped to balance the strong impression she left in ep 2 where it was always her asking him to reach her standard for an ideal boyfriend. Da Xun is also really cute and I like how he jokes around and lightens the mood. It was really funny when he was trying to mess with her and playfully kept trying to kiss her. He then put the cookie in his mouth and asked her to bite the other end, and when she actually did it, he's the one that got shy! She realized he's all talk, and took advantage of it, and started messing with him until he agreed to give her more stamps. In the end he bolted out of the van so that he could hold on to that last stamp that she needed to complete her card.That part that's gif'd, of her giving him the cookies was also really cute. She was sad because he didn't give her a stamp for it even though she worked hard so he'd like it. He was holding out because he'd given in so much to her already. The cookies had the words 我们相爱吧, or let's fall in love, and he rearranged them to say 爱我吧, or love me/fall for me (doesn't translate well into english, not as sweet anymore), and gave them back to her. Their parts were probably my favorite out of the full episode.

About last season: I'm with you, Liu Wen and Dongyu are similar on the surface, but Dongyu has been able to open up a lot more and she has a really cute and playful side to her. Liu Wen and Siwon I wasn't really into because of Siwon's personality, or at least how he came across on screen. Plus I didn't think they were a good match. Wasn't a fan of him trying to push Liu Wen to open up. For example both ShiLiu and Universe couple had the part where their friends want them to kiss but the girls aren't ready and can't do it. Siwon got upset and said that she made him look like he was forcing her to do something she didn't want to do. Shawn was also upset, but because it seemed like the distance between them had grown again. I think Siwon's words and actions probably made Liu Wen feel bad in a way, while Shawn was more understanding and patient with Dongyu.

I didn't watch their last ep so I can't say how it compares with RubyXRen Zhong, but yeah the trolley was weird. I didn't understand the purpose. It almost seemed like her staying on the trolley was a rejection of furthering the relationship, and if she were to have gotten off to follow him, it would have shown that she's interested in continuing. I actually kinda wish they would have this sort of decision for all the couples at the end. Other endings aren't very believable because if they liked each other they would just date in real life, if they didn't then they wouldn't be so sad that the show is ending. But then, they probably would want to stay on the DL if they really do have feelings and continue to date.

3 hours ago, jhuang92 said:

About last season: I'm with you, Liu Wen and Dongyu are similar on the surface, but Dongyu has been able to open up a lot more and she has a really cute and playful side to her. Liu Wen and Siwon I wasn't really into because of Siwon's personality, or at least how he came across on screen. Plus I didn't think they were a good match. Wasn't a fan of him trying to push Liu Wen to open up. For example both ShiLiu and Universe couple had the part where their friends want them to kiss but the girls aren't ready and can't do it. Siwon got upset and said that she made him look like he was forcing her to do something she didn't want to do. Shawn was also upset, but because it seemed like the distance between them had grown again. I think Siwon's words and actions probably made Liu Wen feel bad in a way, while Shawn was more understanding and patient with Dongyu.

We are in the same boat. Hehehe!!! Between siwon and shawn, i think shawn more relax, casual and transparent. May be chinese celeb and korean idol carry different value perhaps due to culture/environment. I think.

3 hours ago, ieja rashid said:

We are in the same boat. Hehehe!!! Between siwon and shawn, i think shawn more relax, casual and transparent. May be chinese celeb and korean idol carry different value perhaps due to culture/environment. I think.

That may be, but I think it is more indicative of who Shawn is as a person. I know plenty of Chinese guys who are pushy and worry about saving face.

Maybe DY admired Shawn for so long that she knows his past gf. I do think she is showing trust issues with the necklace. But his expression when she first asked was slightly odd, and usually imho guys don't wear necklaces for wearing one. There is usually meaning and it's odd he doesn't just tell her what he likes about the necklace if no gf gave it to him. I do get the sense that she had been burned before by friends and/ or boyfriend.  It makes for interesting tv.

Archived