[Mainland Variety Show 2016] We Are In Love Season 2 我们相爱吧2

sugarplum892

4 hours ago, miri13 said:

Love the scruffy look on him.

but maybe a trimmed scruffy look? 

Look what i found.

He is too much sometimes. I really like the picture on top.

This one really shows their progress. He is so serious and vested in the bottom one as he is leaning in and intensely starting at her.

I really love the back hug picture, how he held her hand and his face looked so peaceful there.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohoo. Page10! That is a major accomplishment for us.

@nnggann I know. I feel like it should maybe be a private moment for them because he looks so happy and at peace, and her too. I like the way he is holding her hands close. I like the way she is resting on his back with a sweet smile. It also makes me realize how tiny she is compared to him.  Three of her arms will fit into his biceps.

So we have Hawaii and Japan left for the universe couple and Beijing and Taiwan left for the OJ couple, right?  But then where and when was the sunset picture taken of the universe couple? 

14 hours ago, miri13 said:

A friend sent me this article.  I will put it in spoiler in case it bursts anyone's bubbles.

i actually watched the video clip of him saying that a few weeks ago lol i still ship them though

honestly, I'm happy that he's being honest in that article. And same goes to Bolin for telling the truth about his relationship with Ji Hyo. I respected them for doing this rather than giving me false hope for nothing. 

40 minutes ago, jusrub said:

honestly, I'm happy that he's being honest in that article. And same goes to Bolin for telling the truth about his relationship with Ji Hyo. I respected them for doing this rather than giving me false hope for nothing. 

I figured it the article you guys are talking about is the one I posted.  Haha. I was so confused for no reason.

Yes, I am also thankful. I liked these two couples because they seemed more sincere and genuine. I am glad they are that with their fans.

Having said that, my friend who sent me the article said she doesn't know how true it is any more. I guess she was having a hard time finding the source in Chinese. She sends me weibo stuff. Maybe you guys who know Chinese way better know if there have been confirmation of what the article said? 

@jhuang92 I hope all is well with you and you are feeling better. We miss you.

But the earlier picture you posted @nnggann in Hawaii on some black rocks show their hands interlocked.  I guess we will have to see if Shawn or Dong Yu initiated the interlocked hands.  When they did the wax hands, didn't Dong Yu grabbed his hand and interlock them?   

How does the meaning go?  Interlock means deep connection and hand holding over the other means that person is dominant in the relationship?  I found a site that explains it.  By the way, over the shoulder and holding hands, which the universe couple has done, means:

Similar to the interlocking fingers handhold, this position brings you and your partner very close together, thereby creating a lovingly intimate bond.

It goes beyond just a “handhold,” however. In this stance, your partner is wrapping their body around you, making for a very protective, yet casual gesture.

If you’re the one whose arm is wrapped over the shoulder, that means you take pride in your relationship, and that you would selflessly defend your partner from any dangers.

http://www.littlethings.com/different-ways-to-hold-hands/

This one was even funnier...what it says about our couples on the show...:phew:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kellyalto/11-different-types-of-hand-holding-that-describes-1qb3b

One last comment about the way the universe couple hold hands:  her hand is so tiny compared to his.  I can barely see it in the picture where their fingers are laced.  It almost looks uncomfortable.  My husband's fingers are much bigger/longer than mine and sometimes it hurts to lace so sometimes I just grab a finger.  Maybe we should not read too much into it.  I think it is more about the body language.  For example, I found it more interesting and revealing when Bobo caressed Momo's fingers while holding her hand than the way he held her hand.  Or more importantly for me, I was surprised that Momo held his hand with one hand and his arm with the other hand.  

Thus, for the universe couple, I wondered more when I saw moments like this:

It takes a lot for guys to reach out and touch the leg/arm of a girl, I think, especially for this awkward couple.  He naturally is more touchy feely but, out of consideration for her, he has been unnaturally holding back.  

One last video, from our friend @jusrub

I personally like "the hand holding over the other" more than others, it likes that person always protects and takes care of you (just some of my thoughts) :P

Because of this couple, I read about body languagues and for the first weeks, he didn't show any sign that he was interested in her or something likes that. But lately, there has been some differences, and like you said @miri13, I feel like he has hold back his feeling. 

I know it's hard for them even though they have feeling for each other. It's time for him to settle down and have family for his own. Dongyu is too young for that. 

Yes.  I agree @nnggann about where they are in their lives.  It is not really not the age difference but what stage they are in, in that he has done the partying, working hard, establishing himself etc. while she is just getting started.  Dong Yu is young, but it is up to her as to whether she wants to try both or not.  Some women can do it; others cannot.  

I feel like I should re-watch this couple once I have time and there are subs.  I do think somewhere along the way, it changed.  Do you think it was episode 3?  I can't recall what happened then.  I was thinking they really clicked when they were honestly discussing their lives at that restaurant in HK.  But I still think Shawn saw her as a younger sibling or hoobae (junior in the industry) then.  I don't know when it flipped for him.

I found this article via IG but it is too hard for me to translate.  Google translate makes me just more curious.  It looks super sweet about how Shawn thinks and understands Dong Yu.  Can someone translate or give the highlights?  pretty please?

http://4g.dahe.cn/ent/2016/05-11/106837391.html

I've just find out this. He said in the interview that he bought the new necklace cause he gave the old one to her. So those can be called couple necklaces huh? I wonder why he had to buy exactly that one. Because of the design, the brand or something else?:phew::phew::phew:

The picture on the left is the day they finished filming the program and the one on the right is when he was interviewed by Weibo online.

13198517_1726687710944759_78002345584523

21 hours ago, miri13 said:

Yes.  I agree @nnggann about where they are in their lives.  It is not really not the age difference but what stage they are in, in that he has done the partying, working hard, establishing himself etc. while she is just getting started.  Dong Yu is young, but it is up to her as to whether she wants to try both or not.  Some women can do it; others cannot.  

I feel like I should re-watch this couple once I have time and there are subs.  I do think somewhere along the way, it changed.  Do you think it was episode 3?  I can't recall what happened then.  I was thinking they really clicked when they were honestly discussing their lives at that restaurant in HK.  But I still think Shawn saw her as a younger sibling or hoobae (junior in the industry) then.  I don't know when it flipped for him.

I found this article via IG but it is too hard for me to translate.  Google translate makes me just more curious.  It looks super sweet about how Shawn thinks and understands Dong Yu.  Can someone translate or give the highlights?  pretty please?

http://4g.dahe.cn/ent/2016/05-11/106837391.html

I think they took a big step in LA, espcially the night they played around the fool and maybe in Disney Land too, when they watched firework together. 

Episode 9 Raw: Universe Couple

http://m.v.qq.com/cover/u/uuozjphsrwkoqio.html?vid=b0020n6e9x4

This episode was super cute and sweet. It looks like they've gotten a lot closer and they're more comfortable around each other. There was a lot of skinship the entire episode especially on the surfboard. Dongyu was being extra flirty with Shawn too. I wish we can see the unedited episode without all the choppy editing, I feel like we miss out on so much. The preview for the next episode looks good. I'm dying to know what happened! 

Archived