Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dahee Fanel

Oh Man Seok 오만석

Guest Dahee Fanel

Thanks for all the pictures! Love his wet hair look. :blush: And is it just me, or is he getting sexier...? ^^;;

Guest dyane_crl

he's really good. i really liked him in The Vineyard Man. :) and he's pretty admirable; so many achievements. also, i can't help but be awed by men who are willing to dress in drag for their work (i.e. Hedwig, Rocky). B)

Guest vivjelly

More pics of the multi-talented OMS!!

B7CFC5B0.jpg

C7ECB5E5C0A8.jpg

C7ECB5E5C0A81_copy28947229.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

B3EBC0CE.jpg

BFF8C7F6.jpg

000328764729.jpg

02.jpg

06.jpg

dcpodo

Guest vivjelly

He's so cute in that pic!!

Some more of OMS goodies!

B9C2C1F6C4C3BFC03.jpg

BFC0B8B8BCAE1_copy28300029.jpg

BBE7C1F82_09328965329.jpg

BBE7C1F82_10328266129.jpg

DSC_023328514129.jpg

P1010045_copy28811529.jpg

im529252858492529.jpg

B8B8BCAE82.jpg

5B055B15D-1.jpg

5B055B15D.jpg

dcpodo

Guest vivjelly

Aww...he looks so good in that cover!

05052501.jpg

IMG_9981.jpg

BBE7C1F8_052.jpg

20060628112725_1_omansuk12884192928.jpg

A4C3A4C7C7E3A4BF28715529.jpg

007_128650729.jpg

123.jpg

dcpodo

Guest Dahee Fanel

Thanks for all the pictures! *drooling*

I just read an article where he said that he listens to his daughter's advice for acting. :D She'll watch the drama on TV, and then tell him to work on his expressions or his singing. So he does. :lol:

What a great father! :wub:

Guest vivjelly

Aww...that's so sweet about his daughter giving advice on his acting! But uh oh...she probably can't watch the next series though :lol:

_M1R9317252877002529.jpgBCF6C6AE.jpg

C5A9B1E2BAAFC8AF_20060920102408.jpg11111.jpg

Guest jayelae

Just finished watching The Vineyard Man and I must say that it has become one of my all-time favorite Korean dramas. It is my first time to watch him in a series and I have to honestly say that his casting was perfect -- I cannot think of anyone who could have played the title role moe effectively, naturally AND touchingly.

The on-screen chemistry with Yoon Eun Hye is palpable and so felt. He was so right for the character that the last episode became all the more heartfelt and real and satisfying. The happiness that the viewer experiences at the climax of the series is really heightened because he is such a true fit for the role. BRAVO!

Guest Dahee Fanel

^Welcome to the thread! :D And yes, he was great in VM, wasn't he? :wub:

I just read this article where it said that there was a recent poll online on whether any women out there would be willing to marry a farmer. And the results were overwhelmingly positive, but with only one condition:

"If the farmer is like Taek-gi, then I'd marry him in a second!"

General impressions of farmers have become much more positive as well. They've become more "popular". :P

Oh Man Seok is going places, all right...:D

Guest guccigal

I wish I can meet him in this lifetime...if I were single, I'd go for his type. His character as Taekgi is responsible, kind, simple, hardworking and has very very nice body. he'd be perfect for me!! :blush:

Guest vivjelly

^Welcome to the thread! :D And yes, he was great in VM, wasn't he? :wub:

I just read this article where it said that there was a recent poll online on whether any women out there would be willing to marry a farmer. And the results were overwhelmingly positive, but with only one condition:

"If the farmer is like Taek-gi, then I'd marry him in a second!"

General impressions of farmers have become much more positive as well. They've become more "popular". :P

Oh Man Seok is going places, all right...:D

Hahaha!!! That is so cute!!

Who could not resist OMS or Taek-gi's charm?!!

Here are a few OMS pics for your pleasure :D

1160140325_1158150432_56.jpg

BFCAC1BBBAC1.jpg

B8B8BCAE8.jpg

bestC6F7B1D7BBE7.jpg

20060920102408.jpg

BFC0B8B8BCAE5.jpg

dcpodo

Guest vivjelly

Aww...I love those new pics, jnccrs!!!

C5C3B1E2B8C5B7C2C2AF2121.jpg

dcpodo

Guest Dahee Fanel

*swoons*

Thanks for all the GORGEOUS pics.

oh i am so happy to see there's is a thread for the adorable taek-gi/OMS , i hv really fall for him.. in vineyard man...

just too adorable to resist him.. ..

wat a talented actor & singer ..... !! i lov him.. :rolleyes:

hope you guys could post more picture ..... :sweatingbullets:

Guest Dahee Fanel

Found this in the news thread:

The Vineyard Man learns he can also break hearts

October 10, 2006 ㅡ For two months on KBS 2TV, Oh Man-seok was a simple-hearted vineyard farmer who ended up helplessly in love with an urban girl.

He grinned shyly, showing perfect white teeth under his swarthy complexion on "The Vineyard Man," and that made the hearts of female viewers go wild.

"If only there really was a man like Taek-gi [Oh's character] who is so modest and trusting," became a popular refrain on Internet chat sites as female viewers dreamed of a peaceful country life with such a nice man.

Now that the romantic comedy series is over, Oh is back in Seoul from a vineyard in Yeongdong, North Chungcheong, where he stayed for the last two months while filming the drama.

He will next be seen as a slick, witty television producer in a cable channel seies tvN will start showing tomorrow. The new drama, "Hyena," has a storyline that is a Korean male version of "Sex and the City" and Oh's character is supposed to be so slick that the "honest Taek-gi" who used to speak in sweet homely dialect should be forgotten in no time.

"I have played all types of different characters for theaters in the past," the 30-year-old actor said confidently in a recent JoongAng Ilbo interview.

Oh started his acting career in musicals. He was recognized as a good actor and singer and proved his talent by winning the best musical actor award for his role in "Hedwig" last year. Television drama was never his specialty, but he managed to pull off his first leading role in "The Vineyard Man" successfully.

"I was actually scared a little to take the leading role so fast in a genre that I was not yet familiar with," he said. "I learned a lot from it."

As confident as he was of his acting ability, he said he realized he was far from perfect when his elder cast members Lee Sun-jae and Yoon Mun-sik told him to "loosen up."

"I still felt I had a long way to go," he said.

One of Oh's strong points as an actor is his clearly articulated pronunciation, which is a skill he learned as a theater student for over eight years at the Korean National University of Arts. He said he never missed any speech or language classes and always carried a dictionary with him to correct his pronunciation.

For his singing and dancing skills, he said he practiced for hours after class and that Korean traditional dancing was one of his special strengths.

It was not until 1999 that he made his debut as an actor in the theatrical work "Faust." Despite the slow start to his career, he seems to have been on a roll recently. He has received offers to act in television dramas and films, along with upcoming stage plays and musicals.

"I don't think plays and television dramas are entirely different genres to challenge me," he said. "Let's put it this way. They are like two rooms in a house and I am just trying to pull them open with a different door knob."

Oh is not content to simply stay an actor, singer and dancer, however. He said that in several years, he wants to direct a theatrical play himself. He previously had some experience of theatrical directing while a theater student at university.

"I want to create a work that will be a whole new genre," Oh said. Meanwhile the fans who filled the Internet with praise for Taek-gi may have to deal with broken hearts.

by Hong Soo-hyun <mina@joongang.co.kr>

Source: INSIDE JoongAng Daily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200610/09/2...0091009101.html