Oh Man Seok 오만석

Guest Dahee Fanel

Guest Dahee Fanel

^Um...Vineyard Man was 16 episodes long. O_o;;

I'm hoping Oh Man Seok's cameo on Surgeon Bong Dal-hee will air today or tomorrow (I don't think it has already...). *crosses fingers*

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest purpleZ

I just finished watching he Vineyard Man last night. I totally like this guy! He's got lots of experience in theaters, which explains his nice voice. Is Hyena already showing? His role in TVM was so sweet and thoughtful. I loved his chemistry with YEH. Thought "Satan" or "Devil" is being casted to Joo Ji Hoon.

But anyway, I want to watch more of his performances!

Guest Dahee Fanel

I just finished watching he Vineyard Man last night. I totally like this guy! He's got lots of experience in theaters, which explains his nice voice. Is Hyena already showing? His role in TVM was so sweet and thoughtful. I loved his chemistry with YEH. Thought "Satan" or "Devil" is being casted to Joo Ji Hoon.

But anyway, I want to watch more of his performances!

Hyena has already finished airing. :) His next drama role (besides his cameo in "Surgeon Bong Dal-hee") will be in King and I, a historical drama. He won't be in The Devil. :(

Guest jnccrs

Hyena has already finished airing. :) His next drama role (besides his cameo in "Surgeon Bong Dal-hee" will be in King and I, a historical drama. He won't be in The Devil. :(

I can't wait to see him in the King and I. Dahee, will he be playing the lead role in this? And when will it air.

Guest Dahee Fanel

Oh my goodness, chaerae, thanks for letting us know!! :w00t: (And welcome to the thread!)

*runs off to download*

*looks back to say*

jnccrs, yes, he will be the lead role. :) Or at least one of them. And I believe it will be airing in June...Or was it July? No, I think it was June. Can't wait!! :D

Guest Dahee Fanel

Just visited ohmanseok.com (yes, I finally was able to join!). Looks like his cameo spans two episodes, both 13 and 14. :)

Watch his cameo in episode 13: http://kr.img.dc.yahoo.com/b4/data/dci_game/2007.02.28.wmv

Caps from episode 13:

b02tt8.th.jpg

b03pl7.th.jpg

b05yh5.th.jpg

b07mq7.th.jpg

b19rt7.th.jpg

b21ij2.th.jpg

b22rk0.th.jpg

Signing for his fans (his role in the cameo is of a famous musical star. Don't those girls look a little TOO excited for it to be just acting? :P )...

b28vx3.th.jpg

b29mf2.th.jpg

b30ge1.th.jpg

Episode 14:

b216ng7.th.jpg

b217pv4.th.jpg

b218to5.th.jpg

b219vr9.th.jpg

b220kd0.th.jpg

man01zh4.th.jpg

man02kk1.th.jpg

Oh my goodness...Is it getting HOT in here, or what? :wub: I REALLY like that hairstyle on him. And is it just me, or is he looking YOUNGER? :o

Caps from his upcoming film with Ji Jin Hee, "Soo" (HOT!):

90895740qk7.th.jpg23819438qa9.th.jpg43662096tn8.th.jpg

Credit: ohmanseok.com

:wub: :wub: :wub:

P.S. Filming for his film "Our Neighbourhood" ended on the 1st of March. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dahee Fanel

*sigh* Where is everybody? :( I feel like I'm talking to myself, here...

Counting down the days until the DVD release of his new movie, "Soo"...And until "King and I" starts airing. I miss him!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dahee Fanel

Just learned that Man-zzang is good friends with Lee Seon Kyoon (they went to school together, and they were in "Rocky Horror Show" together). And since Lee Seon Kyoon is good friends with Uhm Tae Woong, perhaps Man-zzang is friends with Uhmforce as well. :wub: And LSK is friends with Lee Min Ki also...Wow, the Best New Actor section will be a big rivalry between friends, won't it?

If Man-zzang doesn't get it (ah, just thinking about it crushes me!), then I hope Lee Seon Kyoon or Lee Min Ki get it. That way, the blow will be a little softer, since the award would be going to a friend. :)

Man-zzang fighting!!

Guest jnccrs

jnccrs, yes, he will be the lead role. :) Or at least one of them. And I believe it will be airing in June...Or was it July? No, I think it was June. Can't wait!! :D

yes finally the lead role again! Will you be part of the subbing team? I cannot wait to watch it with eng subs.

And congrats to Man-zzang on his nomination for Best Actor! Praying hard that he bags the award although he is already a winner in my heart.

awwww....it's hard to say goodbye...the 2 have become quite close while filming The Vineyard Man...

f_E7157m_bc1dd1a.jpg

Guest vivjelly

Congrats to OMS for the nomination!

Wow, a new drama as well? I'm sure he will portray well in his role. He's very talented!

Guest Dahee Fanel

Will you be part of the subbing team? I cannot wait to watch it with eng subs.

Hmm, I don't know...Historical dramas are really hard to translate. And I don't pretend to be a Korean history buff or anything. *shrugs* And I probably won't have the time, either. I have to work this summer. :(

But I really hope that a subbing team takes it up, for your sake. (Oh, and thanks for the caps! Makes me miss the old VM days. :( )

Counting down the days until Baeksang!

Guest densetsu_ghem

I really like this guy, his acting and singing ability is awesome!!! :)

Could anyone please give me a comment about hyena? thanks a lot.

Guest Dahee Fanel

^Thanks for sharing! He looks awesome, as always. :wub:

Could anyone please give me a comment about hyena? thanks a lot.

Hyena was amazing. I really, really loved it. In fact, it's probably on my list of my top ten favourite dramas, which is no small feat, considering that I've been watching K-dramas all my life. I love it because it's so willing to take risks that other K-dramas would never dare to take. It aired on a new cable channel, tvN, and aired late at night when most people were sleeping, and thus was allowed to take so many more risks. Warning: There ARE sex scenes, and plenty of them! Plus, they're pretty graphic. There's even one scene where an actress shows all during a sex scene, if you get my drift. Also, some people might be turned off by the very big homosexuality theme. If you don't mind that, then you'll be satisfied by the very open-minded way this show approaches all these issues.

Other than that...the acting is very solid, the storyline gripping (some scenes made me laugh until my sides hurt, while others made me cry), and the romance(s) are to die for. Highly recommended!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dahee Fanel

*sigh* So Man-zzang didn't win at Baeksang. :( Park Hae Jin did. (Which I totally don't understand, but that's just me.) I don't even think he attended...But I'm not sure. I should go check.

BUT!! Fans are voting for him RIGHT NOW for the Popularity Award at the 1st Musical Awards! Here's the link to vote:

http://www.themusicalawards.co.kr/board.ph...;/file/vote.php

If you can, please vote, everyone!!

Also, his musical "Finding Kim Jong-wook" is nominated for Best Musical. :)

http://www.themusicalawards.co.kr/nomi.php...file/nomi_1.php

More info on the musical from the site:

http://www.themusicalawards.co.kr/musical/..._view.php?id=23

Archived