Oh Man Seok 오만석

Guest Dahee Fanel

Guest Dahee Fanel

Not too long ago, Man-zzang went to Japan for the Hyena fan meeting there. A collection of pics from the meeting:

hyenajpfmzu5.jpg

Download the Man-zzang cuts version of the video of the fan meeting:

http://image.dcinside.com/data2/gallery/dc..._hyena_jpfm.wmv

http://image.dcinside.com/data2/gallery/mv...hyena_jpfm2.wmv

Credit: ohmanseok.com

I'll post more pics from the fan meeting later. :)

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest iheartjoojihoon

i love oh man seok!! i'm so glad to have found a thread on him. thank you all a million times for the great pics!! unfortunately all of the ysi links are all expired so i have no luck with the videos. (if anyone is feeling like sharing and has the time, of course, please do reupload ^_^) i haven't seen any other works by oms yet but i really loved him in vineyard man. like that one article said, i feel in love with the country boy and want one for myself too..haha.. but of course in reality its hard to find someone as sweet and generous as taekgi.

oms is definitely one talented entertainer. he does so many things and (seems..as i've only heard him sing in several youtube videos) great in all he does. that's really an accomplishment! :wub:

he's not the greatest looking guy but he's definitely loveable!!

hopefully i can get a hand on his other works. although its going to be quite hard to understand since i'm not korean so either i have to learn korean (which i really want to!! :P) or hope his fan base grow big enough so more things are subbed..haha..

*hope this thread doesn't come to an end any time soon.... :tears:

Guest Dahee Fanel

^Welcome to the Man-zzang virus! :w00t: I'll re-upload some of those vids for you again soon. ;) Which ones exactly were you interested in watching?

As I promised, some more pictures from the Hyena fanmeeting:

0001ei2.jpg

0002of8.jpg

001ntc4.jpg

002nyx3.jpg

0003nk3.jpg

004nag7.jpg

005copynx2.jpg

008nrs8.jpg

013nfj0.jpg

Arriving in Japan:

cimg0597tu3.jpg

And a gift from his Japanese fans:

008vs7.jpg

Credit: ohmanseok.com

Guest iheartjoojihoon

Hey Dahee Fanel! thanks for the warm welcome! it'd be great if you could upload whatever you have..haha.. :P i'm not picky! ;) but since i'm not korean and can't speak it, i'm mostly interested in videos with him singing. i'll take whatever you'd like and have the time to upload. thanks!! :wub:

i wish so bad i could watch hyena... -_-

Guest Dahee Fanel

Argh, YSI and sendspace are really going wonky on me...So I've only been able to upload one clip. Sorry. :( I'll try again later, when they're not being so crazy.

Man-zzang singing "Wig In A Box" at the Hi Seoul festival:

http://download.yousendit.com/363A3D094AE659F2

By the way, iheartjoojihoon, do you have all of OMS's songs? I could upload those for you too, if you want...

Guest iheartjoojihoon

:w00t: :w00t: no i don't, i'd greatly appreciate it if you uploaded them!!! thanks a billion!!! :wub::D

and don't worry about uploading OMS and YEH singing at the KBS awards, the YTN Star documentary, and finding kjw rehearsal/interview, and songs: love theme 1/2 and good person...those links worked for me :)

his voice is heavenly... :wub: :blush: and he's soo charismatic! i think i read in the thread that he's in band right? in the "wig in a box" performance he was totally rocking out..haha.. its such a good song (although i think i prefer the part before he started screaming more..haha..)!

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/7835/008nrs8.jpg

^ he looks stunningly handsome in here.. hehehe...

can't wait to see his new project, "The King and I" :)

Isn't it supposed to air soon? :unsure:

Dahee Fanel, do you know if there's any update about this drama?

I was just checking my schedule, and his drama supposed to come out after "My Man's Woman", which is... soon... :unsure: hehe..

Guest Dahee Fanel

iheartjoojihoon, here are the rest of his songs that I have. :)

"Wicked Little Town" - Hedwig

http://download.yousendit.com/D884A43E7F9BE73E

"Genghis Khan" (rip from the karaoke performance scene "Vineyard Man")

http://download.yousendit.com/F9ADE7FF507C74FE

Audio version of his performance at the Hi Seoul festival:

http://download.yousendit.com/EFDAF0B2711C0F46

I'll upload more video clips later. ;)

Isn't it supposed to air soon? :unsure:

Dahee Fanel, do you know if there's any update about this drama?

I was just checking my schedule, and his drama supposed to come out after "My Man's Woman", which is... soon... :unsure: hehe..

The last I heard, this drama is scheduled to start airing in August. :unsure: Also, Goo Hye Sun from Pure 19 has been cast as Yoon So-hwa (while OMS plays Kim Cheo Seon).

Other info about this drama that I know:

It's about the life of the famous eunuch Kim Cheo Seon (played by OMS, of course), who served King Seong-jong and his son, Yeon-san. ("King and the Clown"/"Yi" flashbacks, anyone?) He was in love with King Seong-jong's wife (well, she eventually divorced the king and was chased out of the palace, but I digress), Yoon So-hwa, who was also Yeon-san's mother.

For those who don't know: King Seong-jong was this great king during the Joseon dynasty, and Kim Cheo Seon was very famous and powerful, due to his proximity to the king. If you've seen "King and the Clown", however, you'll know that his son, Yeon-san, was a terrible and tyranic ruler who was just a little bit insane, due to the fact that his mother had been chased out of the palace due to the scheming of King Seong-jong's new wife, and had been forced to drink poison for some crimes of treason she committed. She was a pretty vicious lady, but her death affected her son very badly, and caused him to go insane later on in his life, and to commit some terrible massacres in order to get revenge for her death. Kim Cheo Seon also takes a hand in that vengeance, but eventually Yeon-san gets so out of hand that Kim Cheo Seon, overcome by grief and guilt, commits suicide. (Again, you'll know this if you saw "King and the Clown".)

It should be a very interesting drama. ;)

Writer: Yoo Dong Yoon

PD: Kim Jae Hyung

Olive 9 Productions

Airing on SBS

Here's the Korean article concerning the casting of Goo Hye Sun:

구혜선 '폐비 윤씨' 로 간택되다

2007/05/04 11:35 입력 스포츠서울

탤런트 구혜선(23)이 ‘폐비 윤씨’로 간택됐다.

KBS1 ‘열아홉 순정’에서 양국화 역으로 큰 사랑을 받았던 구혜선이 차기작으로 SBS ‘왕과 나’(유동윤 극본·김재형 연출)에 출연하기로 결정했다.

올리브나인과 SBS프로덕션에서 공동제작하는 ‘왕과 나’는 조선시대 성종과 연산군을 보필한 환관 김처선의 파란만장한 일대기를 그리는 드라마. 환관들의 이야기가 드라마의 큰 축이지만. 주인공들의 러브스토리도 드라마에서 중요한 비중을 차지한다.

김처선 역에 뮤지컬 스타이자 KBS2 ‘포도밭 그 사나이’. MBC ‘신돈’ 등에 출연했던 오만석이 일찌감치 캐스팅된 가운데. 김처선이 사모하는 여인이자 연산군의 생모로 폐비가 되는 윤소화 역에 구혜선이 낙점됐다. 드라마 관계자에 따르면 이미 구혜선과의 출연 계약을 모두 마쳤다.

특히 폐비 윤씨는 지금까지 소설과 드라마. 영화 등에서 성종의 사랑을 독차지하려는 표독스러운 질투의 화신으로 그려지는 등 ‘나쁜 여자’라는 이미지가 각인돼 있는데. 구혜선이 ‘왕과 나’를 통해 폐비 윤씨에 대한 이미지 변신을 시도할 예정이다.

이번 드라마에서 윤소화는 목련을 연상시키는 화사한 듯 여린 외모로 정인 박덕후와 사랑을 키우다가 가세가 기울면서 성종의 후궁이 되고. 정인과의 맹세를 지키려는 마음에 임금과 첫날밤도 거부하는 지조있는 성격을 보인다. 또 계비가 되어서는 벼슬아치들에 휘둘리는 성종에게 임금의 정도를 걸으라고 조언을 아끼지 않고. 궁궐의 구습에 맞서 대의를 세우려고 헌신하는 올곧은 국모의 모습도 보여줄 전망.

그러나 연산군을 낳은 후 성종의 여성편력과. 대비전과 후궁들에 의한 중상모략 등 권력싸움의 회오리 속에서 결국 조선왕조 첫 폐비가 된다. 게다가 윤소화를 사랑하는 마음에 내시가 되고 소화의 궁중생활을 목숨 바쳐 돕던 김처선은 어명으로 폐비에게 사약을 바치는 ‘악역’을 담당하게 되면서 가슴 찢어지는 연기를 펼쳐야 해 구혜선과 오만석 모두 비련의 남녀주인공이 될 운명이다.

구혜선이 시청자들에게 폐비 윤씨에 대한 새로운 이미지를 심어줄 수 있을지 기대가 모아지는 ‘왕과 나’는 8월말 월화드라마로 방영될 예정이다. 지난해 SBS ‘서동요’로 첫 사극에 나섰던 구혜선은 9월부터는 ‘서동요’의 연출자였던 이병훈 PD의 MBC‘이산-정조대왕’과 같은 시간대에서 경쟁하게 됐다.

Soy, thank you soooo much for the mega-hot pics!! :w00t:

Guest Dahee Fanel

Man-zzang singing "The Origin of Love" with his band, Little Wing (high quality fan cam!):

Part 1

http://download.yousendit.com/9E77B34311877755

Part 2

http://download.yousendit.com/2A23F2C861BC1089

Fanvid of his performance in his musical Hedwig:

http://download.yousendit.com/FDDBB79C193C4D80

Arirang Showbiz Extra interview clip on his musical A Day (English subs!) :

http://download.yousendit.com/E8A3F7B10339947C

Guest iheartjoojihoon

thanks for the all the goodies Dahee_Fanel!! ^_^

his new drama sounds interesting..can't wait to see it!

Guest chaerae

I'm surprised no one is talking about the recent Drama City he starred in, which just aired last Saturday on KBS, from the PD of Vineyard Man, called 'Transformation'

Yes, thank you! I actually saw it on your clubbox a few days ago and downloaded, but haven't had a chance to watch yet. I was surprised because I hadn't heard anything about it.

Yes, thank you! I actually saw it on your clubbox a few days ago and downloaded, but haven't had a chance to watch yet. I was surprised because I hadn't heard anything about it.

really? This particular Drama City even held a press conference...and there were definitely lots of articles out on it several weeks before it was even due to air.

Guest vannessave

really? This particular Drama City even held a press conference...and there were definitely lots of articles out on it several weeks before it was even due to air.

You know I am going to have to figure out this entire clubbox thing. I really enjoyed the Drama City episodes I've seen thus far and watned to see some more

Guest iheartjoojihoon

*runs in*

Man-zzang won a popularity award at The Musical Awards!! :w00t:

*runs back out*

^_^:w00t: yeah OMS!!

so he's currently in a drama right now?! interesting..haven't heard anything about it and can't really find anything about it..:( anyone would like to share what its about?

Guest Abdul

I looooooooooove (x 1000) OMS after watching 'Vineyard Man' . Like most of you, OMS grew on me as the show progressed ( and yes the accent he had on the show did put me off initially but what would Taek-Ki be without the accent? 'Aigo, aigo!').

Like someone mentioned earlier, he is not the most handsome of korean actors but the fact that he is sooo talented and from the NG/bts of 'Vineyard Man' that I saw on Youtube, he seems to have quite a character/personality, just adds on his 'handsomeness' more than mere physical look (I have fallen really crazy over a couple of really handsome korean actors only to be dissapointed when i saw that they have zero personality/ character). Like a very wise woman once told me 'Give me a man with personality!' . His personality shows that he is a mature man, he must be when he got married at 26 to a woman who is a couple of years older than him.

And I do loooooooove(x 1000) the pairing between YEH and OMS in 'Vineyard Man' ( ok admittedly i watched 'Vineyard Man' becos of YEH...I liked her in 'Goong' but love her when I saw 'Vineyard Man' and she is one actress who has tons of personality/ character- see her in X-Men and you will know what I mean...Go Warrior Girl! fighting!). And secretly I wish YEH and OMS ends up together in real life...( yeah I know OMS is married with a kid and YEH is 'allegedly' with Kim Jong Kook but YEH and OMS is a match made in heaven!). Judging from the photo stills I saw a few pages ago where YEH was crying when they finished filming the last scene together and OMS was comforting her and hugging her (which I think is a rarity in korean drama becos the ones that I've seen so far the actors and actresses seems so polite with one another when filming), there's some bonding there and dare one hope some feelings too? For God sake they were crying when each were receiving their awards during that KBS award ceremony! Heck, i've been watching Epi. 16 over and over again... at least they devoted 1 whole episode to YEH and OMS being happy together....loved the fact that they still have the hots for one another after 10 years of marriage and 4 kids together.....awwwww it was a proper ending!

(p/s I think I need to get a life!) :rolleyes:

Can I also add that I think OMS is damn sexy too (x1000) in a mature kind of way? I sooooo envy the wife!

(p/s I really do need to get out more!) :blush:

Archived