[Drama 2016] My lawyer, Mr. Jo / Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 동네변호사 조들호

kaiskloset

I heard that the writer  of "1000 won worth lawyer" won the best writer award in 2015 and SBS is planing to produce this into drama. But there are some people say our webtoon is the stolen. GOD.

I just can't understand why this happens when our drama is running, hope it won't affect to our drama.

Fighting our amazing cast ;)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ZE:A’s Kim Dong Jun confirmed for ‘Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-Ho’ drama

Kim Dong Jun of ZE:A has been confirmed for upcoming KBS 2TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-Ho’ which will premiere on March 21st.

‘Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-Ho’ which is based off a popular webcomic will seek to convey messages about the law to viewers through everyday life stories, and it will feature a cast of Park Shin Yang, Kang Sora, Ryu Soo Young, Park Sol Mi, and many others.

Kim Dong Jun will take on the role of Kim Yoo Shin who befriends Jo Deul Ho (Park Shin Yang), while trying to file an appeal for his wronged father. Kim Yoo Shin is said to be uncouth and loud in front of others, but becomes a demure lamb in front of Jo Deul Ho, and will definitely attract attention for his double charms.

The idol actor said, “I’m honored to be working with so many talented sunbaes in this drama, and I will work really hard to act out my role as Kim Yoo Shin.”

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

http://kpopfighting.com/2016/02/04/zeas-kim-dong-jun-confirmed-for-neighborhood-lawyer-jo-deul-ho-drama/

8 hours ago, pandalover1 said:

So here's what @rynn_peace roughly translated. 

Apparently the writer of "1000 won worth lawyer" won an open competition for scripts by Sbs culture foundation in may last year and is accusing NL for plagarizing.

But lol tbh the webtoon was out since 2013, so isn't the writer plagarizing the webtoon instead? Idk.. seems like a war between writers?

Isnt too late to say my opinion here chingu?

Well I guess SBS might be frightened because of the casting.. Because of shin yang since it's his drama comeback and rejection of Sora to an SBS Drama..

How rude.. SBS even last year had almost the highest ratings so why would they've been afraid.. I also liked their dramas too and KBS is also having trouble in their ratings but it doesn't mean their projects are not good, I was literally thinking of Who Are You, Healer, Sassy Go Go and Remember why it had low ratings despite of its beautiful plot. 

I just hope that this drama will follow its schedule.. Or else I might die because of wanting to see Sora in a new drama huhuhu

ZE:A member Dong Jun joins 'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho' cast 

fullsizephoto682468.jpg

ZE:A member Dong Jun has joined KBS' new Monday & Tuesday drama, 'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho'. He is now determined to solidify his stance as an actor.

'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho' with its premiere date set in March is a humanity drama that talks about law close to our daily life while delivering fun and touching stories to drama fans.

While Park Shin-yang (Jo Deul-ho), Kang So-ra (Lee Eun-jo), Ryoo Soo-yeong (Sin Ji-wook), Park Sol-mi (Jang Hae-gyeong) have been cast, the drama is already receiving impressively great reaction.

Dong Jun will play Kim Yoo-sin, who becomes to establish a strong friendship with Park Shin-yang's role, Jo Deul-ho, while he was trying to clear up his father's charge, who served his prison time unfairly. While Kim Yoo-sin is a tough manly guy, he becomes soft hearted and obedient with Jo Deul-ho.

The KBS new Monday & Tuesday drama 'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho' will meet the drama fans in March soon.

Source : www.tvj.co.kr/news/ar...

Cr: hancinema

KBS and SBS Involved in Plagiarism Battle Over Upcoming Lawyer Drama

KBS and SBS Involved in Plagiarism Battle Over Upcoming Lawyer Drama

The two major broadcasting networks have clashed in a legal battle over KBS’supcoming drama “Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho,” starring Park Shin Yang, Kang Sora, Park Sol Mi, and Ryu Soo Young.

The drama was accused of plagiarism by the writer Choi Soo Jin, who won the Grand Prize at the SBS Cultural Foundation Scriptwriting Competition with the work “1000 Won Lawyer” in 2015.

However, KBS’s “Neighborhood Lawyer” is based on a webtoon of the same name. The author of the original webtoon had previously accused “1000 Won Lawyer” of copying their work.

On February 4, Choi Soo Jin wrote online that the drama “Neighborhood Lawyer” involved characters and set-ups that were not in the webtoon and instead bore similarities to her prize-winning script. The writer also asserted that in the last three days she had sent certification of the contents to Lee Hyang Hee (the scriptwriter of “Neighborhood Lawyer”), KBS, and the drama’s production company, SM C&C.

A KBS representative replied, “‘Neighborhood Lawyer’ is a drama that is based on the webtoon of the same name by webtoon artist Hatchling. This artist had accused ‘1000 Won Lawyer’ of copying his work in the past. As the original artist has filed a plagiarism complaint, we will monitor the situation as it progresses.”

An SBS representative said, “We had heard last year after the competition that ‘1000 Won Lawyer” bore similarities to an original webtoon and examined it closely. We judged that the webtoon and the script were only similar in set-up and judged them to be entirely different works. Therefore, we are now preparing the script for production.”

“[As for the KBS drama,] we became suspicious that the screenwriter Lee Hyang Hee had used characters, episodes, and even sentences from Choi Soo Jin’s “1000 Won Lawyer” that were not found in the original webtoon,” they continued. “This accusation has nothing to with the original webtoon writer and it is for Lee Hyang Hee’s side to explain. If the matter is not clarified, then we may resort to legal matters.”

Source (1)

cr: http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/04/kbs-and-sbs-involved-in-plagiarism-battle-over-upcoming-lawyer-drama/

ZE:A’s Dongjun joins the cast of upcoming KBS drama “Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho”

Posted on February 4, 2016
zea-dongjun.jpg?zoom=3&fit=1007%2C548

ZE:A member Dongjun has been confirmed for his next drama project with his agency Star Empire revealing he has joined the cast of Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho.

Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho is an upcoming KBS drama produced by SM C&C, directed by Lee Jung Sup, and written by Lee Hyang Hee, and is about Jo Deul Ho, a former star prosecutor who returns as a small-time lawyer after losing everything.

Thus far, the cast confirmed include Park Shin Yang (as Jo Deul Ho), Kang Sora (as Lee Eun Jo), Ryu Soo Young (as Shin Ji Wook), and Park Sol Mi (as Jung Hae Gyung).

Dongjun plays the role of Kim Yoo Sin who became a close friend to Jo Deul Ho after trying to prove his father’s innocence after being unfairly imprisoned.

Source: Star News

cr: http://www.koreaboo.com/kdrama/122865/

2 hours ago, kaiskloset said:

read that the other drama with same slot already done scriptreading waaaaaaaaaah when will it be KBS?>>>>>??? :frown::dissapointed:

I just hope they can get this settled ASAP..urghhh war between writers but the timing tho, they could have settled this way before this. Why bring it out now especially when filming is just beginning.. idk seems fishy to me.. I hope it's not anyone's devious plan to delay filming.. I hope so!

6 hours ago, kaiskloset said:

read that the other drama with same slot already done scriptreading waaaaaaaaaah when will it be KBS?>>>>>??? :frown::dissapointed:

yeah and also started filming....

I hope NLLHD has also done script reading by this week and next week starts filming.

Like @pandalover1 mentioned hope the plagiarism issue gets settled quickly.

News bites: February 6, 2016

KimDongJoon_Henry1.jpg

• Allegations are swirling that KBS’s upcoming show, Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho, was plagiarized from a script that took top prize at a 2015 SBS scriptwriting contest. The prizewinning script was for a show called Thousand-Won Lawyer, and its writer, Choi Soo-jin, has accused Neighborhood Lawyer writer Lee Hyang-hee of poaching from her work. While the KBS show is based on a webtoon by Hatchling, Choi isn’t accusing the webtoon creator of stealing — she’s asking Lee, who adapted the webtoon for the small screen, to explain the similarities in sentence structure and plotlines. The story is still developing, but in the meantime, Kim Dong-joon (of ZE:A) has joined the show as the son of a man who’s wrongfully imprisoned (that sounds familiar), and he’ll seek the help of Jo (Park Shin-yang) to free his father. He’s a rough-around-the-edges hoodlum, but in front of Jo, he’ll turn into a docile lamb. Barring legal complications, the show should air in March on KBS on Mondays and Tuesdays. [Osen, No Cut News]

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/news-bites-february-6-2016/

Kbs has taken action..

201602051538017398648_20160205154028_01_

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002722339

http://me2.do/Fjqa8ZwF

And the other writer rebuttal 

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/naver_view.htm?idxno=2016020518280312994

Tbh no one is backing out it's truly war between writers..

Sighhhh I hope this blows away quickly so they can start filming..

Good news! Filming has started 

Starting from today let's be close to work on neighbourhood lawyer. 

Seems like yesterday was the first day of filming, not sure if others had started earlier on but yay!

actor choi seung kyung will be acting as dongjun's father?? Since he said it's his son next to him.. 

All rough translation done by @delfin

Hi everyone,  (including lurkers)

I am bothered by the fact that there are only 3 followers on Viki. I wish the channel manager did more to promote this drama. Even all of us posting and interacting here, are more than 3, so I do not understand that.

Lets try to get this drama licensed.

1. Viki

https://www.viki.com/tv/30330c-neighborhood-lawyer-jo-deul-ho

Please click the + sign to follow the channel.

Please  submit title request form.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

2. DramaFever

Please  submit title request form.

http://support.dramafever.com/customer/portal/articles/1004560-how-can-i-request-a-series

On 4/2/2016 at 5:45 PM, parkxiaowu said:

I heard that the writer  of "1000 won worth lawyer" won the best writer award in 2015 and SBS is planing to produce this into drama. But there are some people say our webtoon is the stolen. GOD.

I just can't understand why this happens when our drama is running, hope it won't affect to our drama.

Fighting our amazing cast ;)

I can't find out any information of this drama :/ Anyway everything has been settled down so....

I wonder who are the main characters of "1000 won worth lawyer" :P

Archived