[Drama 2016] My lawyer, Mr. Jo / Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 동네변호사 조들호

kaiskloset

Aftermath....  (sorry.. I missed a lot when my stream died)

Ae-Ra expecting... and more

13346618_10208178232707992_2278754286620

Spoiler

13307496_10208178232827995_7166761036582

Brief moment with LEJ and SJW (because my stream lagged...)

13332921_10208178233508012_6099689025456

JDH with his family

Spoiler

13332747_10208178233348008_3804311971029

13307222_10208178234108027_2968001209424

SJW visits dad in jail

Spoiler

13321627_10208178233868021_2268766948596

Lawyer Kim and Michael Jeong

Spoiler

13335939_10208178234228030_7886872597009

And our last "Hot Topic"

Spoiler

13315493_10208178268948898_8654670865162

Thank you, @pandalover1 and @chocmagma for live recap. And thank you to everyone here with us this morning/evening

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you @pandalover1 @chocmagma @irilight for the live updates. My connection is extremely lagging tonight. I'm so thankful for your updates.

It's a good and sweet ending. Everything is all wrapped up. I can't say much right now. I'd better wait after I watch with the sub.

I know it's just a wishful thinking now for another season of lawyer Jo next year but a girl can dream, right? There're so many cases that they can do and I'm sure it will be as fun as this one. 

One thing I know for sure that I received from this drama is meeting new friends on this thread. You guys are so amazing. It's so much fun talking and exchanging opinions with you guys about this drama. I hope we can talk and meet again like this somewhere in this forum.

THANK YOU. :wub:

31 minutes ago, tatongt said:

I know it's just a wishful thinking now for another season of lawyer Jo next year but a girl can dream, right? There're so many cases that they can do and I'm sure it will be as fun as this one. 

oh... I love this idea, @tatongt.  Lets ask KBS... Maybe our dream can come true...  Maybe in season 2 we can have a real love-line of LEJ-SJW...:wub:

KCM - 갇힌 맘 (Closed Heart) My Lawyer, Mr.Joe OST. Part 4 

My heart can’t hear my sighs
I keep thinking about you
Why am I being like this?

I try turning away
I try coldly pushing you out
I try hiding my heart
But I keep getting scared

My heart is trying to go
I look back
But when I’m about to feel better
My heart keeps shaking

I try putting it away but my frustrating heart
Wants you so much
I try hiding it again but I can’t
I know that I’m a coward

I try filling it up but my greed keeps growing
I try stopping, I can’t go on like this
My deeply cut and trapped heart wants you

My heart is trying to go
I look back
But when I’m about to feel better
My heart keeps shaking

I try putting it away but my frustrating heart
Wants you so much
I try hiding it again but I can’t

I know that I’m a coward

I try filling it up but my greed keeps growing
I try stopping, I can’t go on like this
My deeply cut and trapped heart wants you

Translated by pop!gasa via https://popgasa.com/2016/05/31/kcm-closed-heart-갇힌-맘-my-lawyer-mr-joe-ost/

I didnt remember hearing this song in Ep.20 

Was it played in any scene at all?

This Drama truly belongs to Park Shinyang, he injects so much life into his character that he almost seemed like a real-life person. We really do need more heroes like him. Added to that his motley crew of characters especially, Hwang Sukjung who is about as colorful as Jo Deulho himself LoL. They really do make this Drama memorable. I also love Jo's interactions with Subin his daughter. Guess netizens concerns on a possible love line between Shinyang & Sora's characters can rest easy as it seem to imply that Ryu Sooyoung might be showing some interest in Sora, they look cute together don't they? Although I am disappointed with how Sora's character sort of faded into the background as episodes go on... Will miss this Drama when it ends which is probably a week away? I'm watching it live on KBS World btw.

'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho' It is unlikely Park Shin-yang and Park Sol-mi rejoin, Kang So-ra and Ryoo Soo-yeong are getting romantic

Spoiler

photo729740.jpg

It seems that 'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho' Park Shin-yang and Park Sol-mi will not rejoin after all.

On the episode 20 of KBS 2TV's 'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho', Jang Hae-gyeong (Park Sol-mi) took office as the new CEO of Geumsan.

Jang Hae-gyeong along with Jo Deul-ho (Park Shin-yang) went to meet her father Jang Sin-woo (Kang Shin-il). Jo Deul-ho informed Jang Sin-woo that Jang Hae-gyeong would take the office of CEO and Jang Sin-woo was happy to hear the news.

Jang Sin-woo said, "Please take a good care of Hae-gyeong. If you two are going to rejoin, do it while I'm here. If I go out, I may object again". However, Jo Deul-ho said, "No, it will be better we stay as friends like this".

Meanwhile, Lee Eun-jo (Kang So-ra) and Shin Ji-wook (Ryoo Soo-yeong) started developing a romantic relationship between the two. Lee Eun-jo told Hwang Ae-ran (Hwang Seok-jeong), "I'm worried about Prosecutor Shin" and Hwang Ae-ran responded saying, "Why are you so worried about him" and "Having said that, you two look great together. Have you two already gotten into 'some ' relationship?"

Watch on Viki

26 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

We really do need more heroes like him.

I agree, @Latte_Anyday .

The closest to this character - a people's hero - that I can think of - is in the wonderful and under-rated drama "Assembly," about a blue-collar worker who got into the National Assembly and decided to look out for the needs of his constituency. It was a lesson in politics, and they took on some real cases from Korea. Jung Jae-Young was in the lead, and that was the only drama he ever agreed to be in. He usually only takes on films.

I am still sad that they did not develop a loveline between LEJ-SJW. Maybe because they had seemingly conflicting interests, as long as his dad was not punished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho' It is unlikely Park Shin-yang and Park Sol-mi rejoin, Kang So-ra and Ryoo Soo-yeong are getting romantic

photo729740.jpg

It seems that 'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho' Park Shin-yang and Park Sol-mi will not rejoin after all.

On the episode 20 of KBS 2TV's 'Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho', Jang Hae-gyeong (Park Sol-mi) took office as the new CEO of Geumsan.

Jang Hae-gyeong along with Jo Deul-ho (Park Shin-yang) went to meet her father Jang Sin-woo (Kang Shin-il). Jo Deul-ho informed Jang Sin-woo that Jang Hae-gyeong would take the office of CEO and Jang Sin-woo was happy to hear the news.

Jang Sin-woo said, "Please take a good care of Hae-gyeong. If you two are going to rejoin, do it while I'm here. If I go out, I may object again". However, Jo Deul-ho said, "No, it will be better we stay as friends like this".

Meanwhile, Lee Eun-jo (Kang So-ra) and Shin Ji-wook (Ryoo Soo-yeong) started developing a romantic relationship between the two. Lee Eun-jo told Hwang Ae-ran (Hwang Seok-jeong), "I'm worried about Prosecutor Shin" and Hwang Ae-ran responded saying, "Why are you so worried about him" and "Having said that, you two look great together. Have you two already gotten into 'some ' relationship?"

source: Hancinema

Just got caught up on episodes -  

The last episode - will really miss this wonderful, enjoyable, easy to watch drama- thought the ending suited the drama story/stories we viewed--YES to a Part 2 - but unlikely, so will have to add MLMJ to my replay list for a re-watch later down the road, when I need a break from some overly Makjang drama, which will no doubt catch my interest, only to start going crazy at mid-point.
--Those who should be jailed - were-CJ, MJ, SYL, JSW -- thought KTJ earned jail time, but satisfied that he lost his position
--JDH, LEJ continue to fight for justice, working together- could not ask for any better
--JHK now runs and is reforming the law firm, so JSB can, if she wishes, take over a firm that follows the law/rules and still makes money and that is OK.
--SJW out from under his fathers bad influence and can be a truly righteous prosecutor.
--HAR BDS the only love ship that actually set sail during the drama period- married- still with a surface level contentious relationship, but subsurface caring love.
-- JHK JDH open ending with never say never, possible reunion-but very active in each other's lives and caring for SB- @pandalover1  @panadlover1 "NAILED IT" - I will be sure to read  your posts with extra care/attention if we are are ever in same forum again.
-- LEJ SJW open ending-possible love line - that is OK since he appears to be on the right track and now worthy of her love, should she feel that way.
-- HAR DBS gave us the comedy, SB the charm, LEJ always a ray of sunshine, JDH a true lead and the dramas heart.

My overview remains as I earlier posted --
"MLMJ - Great ensemble drama--comedy, action, suspense, based on recent/current events in a courtroom/legal environment with a focus on how greed and corruption adversely impact citizens when supported/protected by those government official who job it is to protect citizens.  Most Major characters are lawyers BUT this could not really be a called a procedural legal drama RATHER it is just plain good story telling of good over evil."

MLMJ Weak Point
Only weak point, as has also been mentioned by others, is the almost criminal under utilization of Sang So Ra - I ,of course, have no way of knowing if she signed on knowing she would basically be one of a great ensemble cast VS a " standard" Kdrama Female lead - but in any case, I applaud her fine professional acting skills, even here with her limited screen time.  Looking forward to her next drama in any capacity she signs on for.

2 hours ago, parkxiaowu said:

Ratings for ep.20
KBS "Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho" : 17.3% (+3.1)
SBS "Jackpot" : 8.1%
MBC "Monster" : 7.7%

Thank you @parkxiaowu for the wonderful news....!  Yey... Leave on a big increase in ratings...  woohoo dancing banana emoticon

I'll go watch the last 15 min. of yesterday's ep. When I tried to watch last night, it was not yet subbed.

2016060120162460.jpg

source:  http://www.breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=445358

3 hours ago, Kfan7172 said:

Just got caught up on episodes -  

The last episode - will really miss this wonderful, enjoyable, easy to watch drama- thought the ending suited the drama story/stories we viewed--YES to a Part 2 - but unlikely, so will have to add MLMJ to my replay list for a re-watch later down the road, when I need a break from some overly Makjang drama, which will no doubt catch my interest, only to start going crazy at mid-point.
--Those who should be jailed - were-CJ, MJ, SYL, JSW -- thought KTJ earned jail time, but satisfied that he lost his position
--JDH, LEJ continue to fight for justice, working together- could not ask for any better
--JHK now runs and is reforming the law firm, so JSB can, if she wishes, take over a firm that follows the law/rules and still makes money and that is OK.
--SJW out from under his fathers bad influence and can be a truly righteous prosecutor.
--HAR BDS the only love ship that actually set sail during the drama period- married- still with a surface level contentious relationship, but subsurface caring love.
-- JHK JDH open ending with never say never, possible reunion-but very active in each other's lives and caring for SB- @pandalover1  @panadlover1 "NAILED IT" - I will be sure to read  your posts with extra care/attention if we are are ever in same forum again.
-- LEJ SJW open ending-possible love line - that is OK since he appears to be on the right track and now worthy of her love, should she feel that way.
-- HAR DBS gave us the comedy, SB the charm, LEJ always a ray of sunshine, JDH a true lead and the dramas heart.

My overview remains as I earlier posted --
"MLMJ - Great ensemble drama--comedy, action, suspense, based on recent/current events ni a courtroom/legal environment with a focus on how greed and corruption adversely impact citizens when supported/protected by those government official who job it is to protect citizens.  Most Major characters are lawyers BUT this could not really be a called a procedural legal drama RATHER it is just plain good story telling of good over evil."

MLMJ Weak Point
Only weak point, as has also been mentioned by others, is the almost criminal under utilization of Kang So Ra - I ,of course, have no way of knowing if she signed on knowing she would basically be one of a great ensemble cast VS a " standard" Kdrama Female lead - but in any case, I applaud her fine professional acting skills, even here with her limited screen time.  Looking forward to her next drama in any capacity she signs on for.

Great post @Kfan7172 

@pandalover1 confess, you are the script writer. Blew your cover! :lol:

Detail

Break 18% in Seoul, not bad :wub:

Episode 20 (Final EP) Ratings

【AGB Nationwide】
KBS《Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho》(END):17.3%(+3.1)
SBS 《Jackpot》:8.1%(+0.4) 
MBC《Monster》:7.7%(-0.3)

【AGB Seoul】 
KBS《Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho》:18.6%(+3.6)
MBC《Monster》:8.3%(-0.4) 
SBS 《Jackpot》:8.1%(+0.3)

【TNMS Nationwide】
KBS《Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho》:14.1%(+0.9)

【TNMS Seoul】
KBS《Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul Ho》:14.8%(+0.8)

cr 韩剧吧

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho" Episode 20 Final

photo730074.jpg

Spoiler

The end has arrived for "Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho", but the food for thought it leaves us with makes this goodbye a satisfying one. The time for our criminals to receive their just rewards has come and they all face the situation in a different way. We have some surprises when it comes to the future of our heroes and life goes on for everyone involved. Despite Deul-ho's constant success in the courtroom, the show's moral is realistic and therefore incredibly profound.

I will not downplay the effect the drama's flaws have had on my enjoyment of it at times, but I am always surprised by how quickly it addresses the things that stand out the most as problematic. In the last episode, I wondered why Yeong-il (Kim Kap-soo) made unnecessarily cruel decisions and Deul-ho (Park Shin-yang) now asks the same, showing us just how blinded Yeong-il is by power. I wondered why Deul-ho did not record things and now we are shown that he does and so does anyone who needs evidence.

The series has plenty of other issues, but it feels good to see some self-awareness from the creators on some of them. Despite the show's idealistic nature, it is truly a breath of fresh air to see how realistically it handles the closure of some topics. From the smaller things, like how Deul-ho and Hae-kyeong (Park Sol-mi) do not miraculously overcome years of a painful marriage and instead remain friends, to bigger ones, such as the way in which the antagonists handle their downfall and its aftermath.

I still feel the redemption of the show's one-dimensionally wicked villains is a result of Dramaland's constant need for happy endings, but the writing makes the most of it. Chairman Jeong (Jeong Won-joong) makes his change not for any ideals, but to help his son. I feel his emotional reaction to Deul-ho is cheesy, but he is still human and the prospect of being trapped in his own body for life is a big enough thing to jolt anyone awake. Sin-woo (Kang Shin-il) is the one who truly wants to follow worthy principles and pays for his crimes in order to do that.

Yeong-il on the other hand is still lost. His interrogation scene with Ji-wook (Ryoo Soo-yeong) is heart-wrenching, because he accepts his fate not for justice, but to let his son gain people's trust so that he can go after power as he himself did. His refusal to take Deul-ho's hand reveals the same reluctance to truly face his crimes. Most importantly, this scene reveals to us that Deul-ho's did not betray his principles when representing Sin-woo. He reinforced them.

The epilogue asserts that the outcome of a trial and the application of the law affect us differently. The law is not fair. It is simply the only measure, or rather illusion of justice we have to go by and we cannot foresee every ripple our actions will cause. Deul-ho is not Superman. He just understands the value of reaching out to those who need saving or those who can be saved. That is all we can do and "Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho" tells us that it is good enough.

Spoiler

"Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho" is directed by Lee Jung-seob, written by Lee Hyang-hee and features Park Shin-yang, Kang So-ra, Ryoo Soo-yeong and Park Sol-mi.

Thanks for clarifying those unclear points, writer nim.

I understood all of it now and saw this drama as a beautiful one that I fall in love before.

It will be one of the best work from PSY as I've ever watched.

Jo Deul Ho will be the most favorite character of all time with his personalities and how PSY played it so well. #MasterPiece

This review from Orion is so well-written. thank you,m'am.

source : http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-neighborhood-lawyer-jo-deul-ho-episode-20-final-95107.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Archived