[Drama 2016] My lawyer, Mr. Jo / Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 동네변호사 조들호

kaiskloset

Season 2 plans underway for KBS’s Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho

jodeulho_20.jpg

It’s been over a year since we first heard that KBS was making a second seasonof its hit underdog-lawyer drama Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho, but we’re finally hearing more news about the plans, which include the possibility of Oh Hae-young Again director Song Hyun-wook coming onboard the project.

KBS is aiming to launch the second season early next year, though no concrete scheduling plans have been decided, and will naturally have to bring back Park Shin-yang in the title role (now there’s a character you just couldn’t replicate in a different actor!). It does not appear that Kang So-ra, however, will be returning to play Jo Deul-ho’s junior associate (and part-time Subway worker—yes, seriously, because who said lawyering paid the bills?), according to one outlet.

(I suppose still there’s a tiny chance she could return, since she’s currently starring in PD Song’s newest drama, Revolutionary Love, and maybe he’d like to work with her again. But frankly her character was reduced to such background stuff in the first season that I don’t think it would be worth her time, unless they paired her narratively and possibly romantically with Ryu Soo-young, the frenemy prosecutor.)

The first season of Neighborhood Laywer Jo Deul-ho, which was was based on a webtoon of the same name, starred Park Shin-yang as a hotshot prosecutor who is set up to take a fall, loses his position, and then comes back as a lawyer fighting for the rights of the regular little people who get trampled by the bigwigs and heartless corporations of society. (In the drama, those bad guys were brought together neatly into one ubervillain corporation that seemed to be the source of all that was evil, though the plot was less of a direct David-and-Goliath fight in the webtoon.) A lot of the appeal of the show was the gratifying payback we got regularly when smart (and smartass) Jo Deul-ho bested the corporate suits and gave us vicarious righteousness thrills; that, as well as Park Shin-yang’s trademark one-man-show acting performance, helped bring in high ratings and overall praise.

The broadcaster and producers are still in talks with PD Song to direct (aside from Revolutionary Love, he also directed the newly premiered Meloholic, although that was pre-produced). Season 2 of Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-hoplans to air in the first half of 2018.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/season-2-plans-underway-for-kbss-neighborhood-lawyer-jo-deul-ho/

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2016] My lawyer, Mr. Jo / Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 동네변호사 조들호
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@sky5joyous, I read about the offer out to Go Hyun -Jung. I hope she accepts... Thank  you for the updates.

On 5/9/2018 at 6:55 PM, tatongt said:

Has anyone heard an update on season 2?

@tatongt, some - but very little, so far.

BTW, Viki has a fan channel for it.  Lets support it, by following the channel, and sharing there too.

https://www.viki.com/tv/36242c-neighborhood-lawyer-jo-deul-ho-s2

And submit many license requests to Viki.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jongski said:

Will there be a new thread for season 2 or just retain this? Looking forward to watching this drama :thumbsup:

There is already a new thread for season 2. :)

• 2 months later...

American television Network ABC has announced to remake a 2016 Korean drama “My Lawyer, Mr. Jo” 

On December 13, one American news outlet reported that production company 3AD has joined forces with American television network ABC for an upcoming drama “Exhibit A.”

191344625.jpg

Meanwhile, “Exhibit A” is a remake of 2016 Korean drama “My Lawyer, Mr. Jo” that aired through KBS. The original drama featured actors Park Shin-Yang and Kang So-Ra.

According to reports, the storyline for “Exhibit A” will follow closely to that of the original drama. It will feature a main character named Andrew Jo. He is a used-to-be a successful prosecutor who encounters his downfall due to an unexpected whistleblowing. After losing everything, he chooses to go after justice, instead of fame, and opens up a second chapter in his life dedicating to help those in need.

While the have not revealed further details, the reports stated that an Asian-American will most likely take over the lead role. With that being said, they emphasized that this will be the first-ever American drama that features an Asian actor as its main character.

Original Artcle http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?page=1&branch=LA&source=LA&category=entertainment&art_id=6790728

Translated by Dasol Kim http://kpoplove.koreadaily.com/abc-remake-korean-drama-my-lawyer-mr-jo/

Archived